Happy start of Pride everyone!!!

a7a0cbe9044b60e9b9843b1adb416597--bastille-france-la-bastille.thumb.jpg.a5c1b67319c10ce49f9c2177f83af162.jpg

Which also means it is time for MFC Pride!

This year for MFC Pride I would love to get LGBT+ Mika fans to come together and share why a particular Mika song means so much to them!

To do this I would like to create a short film. Think of it as a virtual pride parade where we will be celebrating who we are and the influence Mika has had on us.

If you are part of the LGBT+ community and would like to participate (or know other fans who would) please film yourselves explaining how one of Mika's more LGBT themed songs has helped or influenced you.

To avoid fans all choosing the same song please choose a song from this list and I'll add your name to it! No more than 2 fans per song.

• Grace Kelly
• Billy Brown
• We Are Golden - Sara (Instagram)
• Touches You
• Origin of Love - Sanni (Instagram)
• Underwater
• No Place in Heaven - dcdeb, Ernesto (Instagram)
• Good Wife
• Promiseland
• Ice Cream
• Sanremo - TinyLove_CJ
• Platform Ballerinas
• Me, Myself

> Stuck in The Middle - Jae

> Love You When I'm Drunk - Jappy2004

> Good Guys - Mary26

If any of Mika's other songs has a special meaning for you please let me know and I'll add it to the list!

To mix this up a bit I would also love to see people's fan art linked to a Mika song. You don't necessarily have to video yourself for this (unless you really want to) just send me a picture of you holding your artwork, your name and where you're from!

Musicians are welcome too! Happy to include short clips of fans playing an instrument to their favourite Mika song.

Let's make this a true parade! 😄

Videos must be no longer than 60 seconds.
(Preferably slightly shorter so I can fit all you lovely fans in!)

Please send them to me here through a PM or through my Instagram (@cactimom_cj).

Deadline for sending videos is: June 10th 5pm UK time.

I'll put the videos together and share once it's done, I'll try and use some of the songs fans have chosen in the background as long as the video doesn't get blocked.

HAPPY PRIDE! 🏳️‍🌈 

Edited by TinyLove_CJ
Got the deadline date wrong. It's JUNE not July!
  • Like 5

43 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

I really love this idea however song wise I don't think I relate to any, platform ballerina would be my closest but is it possible to say in general terms how Mika has helped or do I have to use a song  

Just saw your Instagram message and replied there too, but yes a general massage to Mika is fine, I can always put Platform Ballerinas to play for your part 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know not everyone checks the forum so I would really appreciate MFCers spreading the word about this and letting your friends know and encourage fans to take part 😊

• Like 1

Just a reminder that my post originally said July for the deadline, when I should have put JUNE! 

That's June 10th, next Friday, for submitting your videos or artwork to me!

🏳️‍🌈

5 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I know not everyone checks the forum so I would really appreciate MFCers spreading the word about this and letting your friends know and encourage fans to take part 😊

Will share on Insta and Twitter tomorrow! It's a nice idea 😊. Good thing i went to check if anything was going on this year 

• Thanks 1

As I am straight I prefer to leave space for the LGBTQIA+ community here. However, since you seem to have connections and be able to offer a general "massage" to Mika, it is tempting to get involved. :naughty::teehee:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Prisca said:

As I am straight I prefer to leave space for the LGBTQIA+ community here. However, since you seem to have connections and be able to offer a general "massage" to Mika, it is tempting to get involved. :naughty::teehee:

Wait, so straight people can not offer a massage to Mika? :shocked:  

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Jaela said:

Will share on Insta and Twitter tomorrow! It's a nice idea 😊. Good thing i went to check if anything was going on this year 

Thanks 😊 

The response I've had so far has been great, my stupid paranoid brain kept thinking that no ones going to like this, but so far so good! 😁

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Thanks 😊 

The response I've had so far has been great, my stupid paranoid brain kept thinking that no ones going to like this, but so far so good! 😁

Noo it's great really! Can i do Stuck In The Middle? That one really resonates with me, the idea of people pulling on you from all sides to try and change and mold you into something "acceptable" while you search for someone to simply accept you and love you as you are

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Prisca said:

Or what about Mika offering a massage to us? He does get very far with his hands after all 😌😌

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

On 6/1/2022 at 9:16 AM, TinyLove_CJ said:

Happy start of Pride everyone!!!

a7a0cbe9044b60e9b9843b1adb416597--bastille-france-la-bastille.thumb.jpg.a5c1b67319c10ce49f9c2177f83af162.jpg

Which also means it is time for MFC Pride!

This year for MFC Pride I would love to get LGBT+ Mika fans to come together and share why a particular Mika song means so much to them!

To do this I would like to create a short film. Think of it as a virtual pride parade where we will be celebrating who we are and the influence Mika has had on us.

If you are part of the LGBT+ community and would like to participate (or know other fans who would) please film yourselves explaining how one of Mika's more LGBT themed songs has helped or influenced you.

To avoid fans all choosing the same song please choose a song from this list and I'll add your name to it! No more than 2 fans per song.

• Grace Kelly
• Billy Brown
• We Are Golden
• Touches You
• Origin of Love - Sanni (Instagram)
• Underwater
• No Place in Heaven
• Good Wife
• Promiseland
• Ice Cream
• Sanremo - TinyLove_CJ
• Platform Ballerinas
• Me, Myself

If any of Mika's other songs has a special meaning for you please let me know and I'll add it to the list!

To mix this up a bit I would also love to see people's fan art linked to a Mika song. You don't necessarily have to video yourself for this (unless you really want to) just send me a picture of you holding your artwork, your name and where you're from!

Musicians are welcome too! Happy to include short clips of fans playing an instrument to their favourite Mika song.

Let's make this a true parade! 😄

Videos must be no longer than 60 seconds.
(Preferably slightly shorter so I can fit all you lovely fans in!)

Please send them to me here through a PM or through my Instagram (@cactimom_cj).

Deadline for sending videos is: June 10th 5pm UK time.

I'll put the videos together and share once it's done, I'll try and use some of the songs fans have chosen in the background as long as the video doesn't get blocked.

HAPPY PRIDE! 🏳️‍🌈 

Oooo could I do "Love you when Im Drunk" reminds me of my last relationship when I was questioning my sexuality before coming out as Asexual.

• Like 1

I'd like to talk about No Place in Heaven, if that's OK, @TinyLove_CJ -- unless you already have two people for that song. I won't take up too much time! Thanks again for organizing this!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jaela said:

Noo it's great really! Can i do Stuck In The Middle? That one really resonates with me, the idea of people pulling on you from all sides to try and change and mold you into something "acceptable" while you search for someone to simply accept you and love you as you are

Yes that's fine, I'm so glad you're taking part 😊

2 hours ago, Jappy2004 said:

Oooo could I do "Love you when Im Drunk" reminds me of my last relationship when I was questioning my sexuality before coming out as Asexual.

I think I just replied to you on Instagram, you're glitternotyou right? 

A video for Love You When I'm Drunk is fine :)

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I'd like to talk about No Place in Heaven, if that's OK, @TinyLove_CJ -- unless you already have two people for that song. I won't take up too much time! Thanks again for organizing this!

No one else has chosen that song yet so thats fine! 🙂

Thanks again everyone for the response on this, it really means a lot! ❤ 

On 6/2/2022 at 2:45 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

It's a very cool idea , I'm just surprised that "all she wants" is missing 

Btw is artwork part of the "quota" for each song ? 

If it is I'm going to leave space for people who are  more involved than me in the LGBTQ+ community

Otherwise , I've got an idea for "good wife" . I can't 100% promise, but  I'll try to find some free time to do something before the deadline.

29 minutes ago, carafon said:

It's a very cool idea , I'm just surprised that "all she wants" is missing 

Btw is artwork part of the "quota" for each song ? 

If it is I'm going to leave space for people who are  more involved than me in the LGBTQ+ community

Otherwise , I've got an idea for "good wife" . I can't 100% promise, but  I'll try to find some free time to do something before the deadline.

The list I put up is just what I thought are the most LGBT themed Mika songs, happy to add All She Wants if someone wants to talk about it.

I don't expect everyone to do artwork alongside their video if that's what you mean, I've had responses from artists that are separate. I'm hoping to put illustrations between every 2-3 messages to make it more varied!

I hope you can do something for Good Wife no one else has chosen that song yet 😊

Edited by TinyLove_CJ
  • Thanks 1

Bump!

Reminder that you only have until this Friday to get your video messages to me! 🙂

Still overwhelmed by the response on this my Instagram notifications have never been so wild!

I'm going to try and send you mine today since I'm back home if not you'll hopefully get it tomorrow

I deleted the bit about talk about you but idk cause I relate to it but idk if it's a song relate to in general terms or sexuality terms 

Edited by BeccaStardust
I releistened to talk about you and changed my mind egh idk maybe it's just a me song
  • Like 1

Deadline for getting your video messages to me is TODAY!!! I can not guarantee that you'll be added to the video if I receive a late response, I need time for editing!

I'm already working on some little parts now! 😊

On 6/4/2022 at 8:48 AM, carafon said:

Did you manage to do anything for Good Wife?

If not that's that's ok, seeing as no one else has chosen that song I'm thinking of using it for some background music! 😊

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Did you manage to do anything for Good Wife?

If not that's that's ok, seeing as no one else has chosen that song I'm thinking of using it for some background music! 😊

I didn't yet ....and looking at the time I've got left and so many other things I have to do first , you'd better not wait for me and use the song as the background ....let's say that it's going to be my contribution :teehee:

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 3:48 PM, Mary26 said:

I chose the song Good Guys because of its message about representation.

Oh good, I'm so glad someone chose this song! I ran out of time myself to submit a video, but if I had, it would have been about Good Guys. I look forward to seeing the result - that is, assuming @TinyLove_CJwill be sharing it here?

• Like 2