Who's Gonna Love Me Now? - Song and Lyrics Discussion

dcdeb

Hello MIKAholics, 

I would like to share my feelings about the new song as well. It's simple, very genuine and feels personal. Quite modest, but that modesty is what makes it beautiful. 

The video? It matches very well, considering how our Golden Boy became the Golden Man. I have a feeling that Mika has been always a perfect artist and musician, he didn't need the development and enhancement of his skills because his music has been already a masterpiece  from 2007. These black and white footages remind us of young Mika and also of...our past. The nostalgic mood of this song creates a bond between Mika and us, when we listen to this song and watch young Mika... As we were young ;) and who's gonna love us now?;) 

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, krysady said:

That's subjective, my understanding was that he was talking about a short period of time. But I guess we can discuss this in the right thread and not go OT here :wink2:

Yes, it is interpretation. I have not seen the film. And he talks about how when he looks in the mirror he's not the same person anymore (without knowing the story of the film, my interpretation was that his body has changed and since Mika talks about how the years have passed, that he's not so young anymore).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Yes, it is interpretation. I have not seen the film. And he talks about how when he looks in the mirror he's not the same person anymore (without knowing the story of the film, my interpretation was that his body has changed and since Mika talks about how the years have passed, that he's not so young anymore).

Yes. 

I've seen the movie. 

Actually there is only a veeeery short part of the song used in it. So I don't think that the lyrics matter at all.

But we know the song and we know what Mika said about it.

And like any lyrics we can interpret them as we feel.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Prisca said:

As I said, I also didn't watch it, but I've read the plot and Billy Porter's interview and there's nowhere any reference about an older man reflecting on his whole life. That's why I didn't interpreted Mika's words like that as well. 

Certainly it is a movie about the love story between two teenagers, that's what you can read everywhere you find reviews about this movie, so this song fits perfectly along with the storyline.

On the other hand, Your Love Feels Like Fire sounds like a romance between two persons, not a boy and a camel, and seems out of place along with that movie. That's why I don't see the similarities between these two examples :dunno:

2 minutes ago, krysady said:

As I said, I also didn't watch it, but I've read the plot and Billy Porter's interview and there's nowhere any reference about an older man reflecting on his whole life. That's why I didn't interpreted Mika's words like that as well. 

Certainly it is a movie about the love story between two teenagers, that's what you can read everywhere you find reviews about this movie, so this song fits perfectly along with the storyline.

I haven't read the plot of the film (haven't got around to it). :blush:

When Mika said that, I knew nothing about the film and could only interpret what he said.

5 minutes ago, krysady said:

On the other hand, Your Love Feels Like Fire sounds like a romance between two persons, not a boy and a camel, and seems out of place along with that movie. That's why I don't see the similarities between these two examples :dunno:

I don't know if this song is for the film or Mika's album. I only know that Mika is always good for a surprise. :original:

• Like 2

• dcdeb changed the title to Who's Gonna Love Me Now? - Song and Lyrics Discussion