Mika at Fortune's wedding

I don't know if this is a good place. So if Moderators find a better place, please move the topic.

Fortune posted some videos and photos from his wedding.

As Mika was present I think we can share this beautiful moment.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfCRtYYtHSR/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D&fbclid=IwAR2b_TosWc_nU8cZpAaQe1c9IK51uOOXxq-j7u2oaqOlfaundb0c6dfFWJ

1655752878216.png

1655752892860.png

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

It looked a really beautiful wedding! They look so happy together 😊

Mika in a tuxedo though... :swoon:

Do you think he was the best man? 🤔

• Like 1

Even though Fortune' posted these photos on his public Instagram account, I'm not entirely comfortable with posting them here -- it was a family affair, a private event, not a public one, and Mika's family members are not public figures. I don't think they expect to have their personal lives put out there for everyone to see.

But as many of us have seen the photos by now, I guess we'll let them stand -- if Fortune decides to delete them, though, we will as well. And as for the IG stories, which disappear after 24 hours, I think maybe he meant for them to not be available forever... so we won't post them here.

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

For some of you it's just a wedding. 

In my country it wouldn't be possible.

First - it's against the law.

Second - for sure it wouldn't be possible in a church.

Third - I think my country is not ready for this. It's so conservative. Young generation for sure would accept the changes. But it will take time.

I hope that one day it will change.

I can't even imagine how important it was for Mika. He declares himself as a Lebanese, born in a country where homosexuality is punished and you risk to be even killed by your own family.

"There's no place in heaven for someone like me"...

I remember Mika said in one interview (it was many years back) that he would be ready for a mariage if it's possible in a church. 

And now I watch videos with Fortuné and his husband in front of a church! Surrounded by a loving family...

It's a sign of the time.

It's what Mika is fighting for. And his brother can openly declare his love to another man. 

Long live to just married!!!!!

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Voor sommigen van jullie is het gewoon een bruiloft. 

In mijn land zou het niet mogelijk zijn.

Ten eerste - het is tegen de wet.

Ten tweede - het zou zeker niet mogelijk zijn in een kerk.

Ten derde: ik denk dat mijn land hier niet klaar voor is. Het is zo conservatief. De jonge generatie zou de veranderingen zeker accepteren. Maar het zal tijd kosten.

Ik hoop dat het op een dag zal veranderen.

Ik kan me niet eens voorstellen hoe belangrijk het was voor Mika. Hij verklaart zichzelf als Libanees, geboren in een land waar homoseksualiteit wordt bestraft en je het risico loopt zelfs vermoord te worden door je eigen familie.

"Er is geen plaats in de hemel voor iemand zoals ik"...

Ik herinner me dat Mika in een interview (het was vele jaren geleden) zei dat hij klaar zou zijn voor een huwelijk als het mogelijk is in een kerk. 

En nu kijk ik video's met Fortuné en zijn man voor een kerk! Omringd door een liefdevolle familie...

Het is een teken van de tijd.

Daar vecht Mika voor. En zijn broer kan openlijk zijn liefde verklaren aan een andere man. 

Lang leve om net getrouwd te zijn!!!!!

I totally agree with you Anna! Nice to see some photo's shared. Same-sex mariage has been allowed in the Netherlands since 1 april 2001! I'm proud of that! I hope Fortuné and his man are happy together for a long time ..🏳️‍🌈💙🏳️‍🌈💙🏳️‍🌈💙🏳️‍🌈

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Third - I think my country is not ready for this. It's so conservative. Young generation for sure would accept the changes. But it will take time.

I totally understand what you mean, it's the same situation in my country. 

But this is not the problem here. It could as well have been a marriage of his brother with a woman, would be the same... it's the fact that it was a private event and people from those pictures are not public persons. And maybe they want to keep it private.

If Mika would have posted photos from this event, would have been a different situation, imo. It's a delicate matter, not sure how's the right thing to approach it, probably everyone see it in a different way :dunno_grin:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, krysady said:

Ik begrijp helemaal wat je bedoelt, het is dezelfde situatie in mijn land. 

Maar dat is hier niet het probleem. Het had net zo goed een huwelijk van zijn broer met een vrouw kunnen zijn, zou hetzelfde zijn... het is het feit dat het een privé-evenement was en de mensen van die foto's zijn geen publieke personen. En misschien willen ze het privé houden.

Als Mika foto's van dit evenement had gepost, zou het een andere situatie zijn geweest, imo. Het is een delicate kwestie, ik weet niet zeker hoe het goed is om het te benaderen, waarschijnlijk ziet iedereen het op een andere manier :dunno_grin:

I saw the photo's on the site from Fortuné and Fabrizio...so not private at all..what a discussion about nothing...  Nice picture of the three sisters by the way..Screenshot_20220620-205608_Instagram.thumb.jpg.8db1afc14e830f0292e674163498c149.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fenny said:

I saw the photo's on the site from Fortuné and Fabrizio...so not private at all

Believe me, I've seen a lot of pictures as well over the years, from Mika's family and friends, but I didn't reposted them in public places. Some of those people had to set their accounts "private" because of the comments and messages they got from some Mika fans. 

I don't see any problem with watching their photos or videos, as long as they are not restricted, but sharing them on social media while there's also little kids involved it's another story. 

• Like 2

seeing these photos of the wedding makes me happy .. what a beautiful family united who are all together support each other and the little ones of the Beauregarde and Thea family are also happy:fangurl:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

For some of you it's just a wedding. 

I hope that one day it will change.

I can't even imagine how important it was for Mika. He declares himself as a Lebanese, born in a country where homosexuality is punished and you risk to be even killed by your own family.

"There's no place in heaven for someone like me"...

I remember Mika said in one interview (it was many years back) that he would be ready for a mariage if it's possible in a church. 

And now I watch videos with Fortuné and his husband in front of a church! Surrounded by a loving family...

It's a sign of the time.

It's what Mika is fighting for. And his brother can openly declare his love to another man. 

Long live to just married!!!!!

That's seems so incredible , in a good way of course, that it was in a church !

Probably not a Catholic church because it seems that they are not ready for that yet ,but yes it's a huge forward step .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, carafon said:

Dat lijkt zo ongelooflijk, op een goede manier natuurlijk, dat het in een kerk was!

Waarschijnlijk geen katholieke kerk want het lijkt erop dat ze daar nog niet klaar voor zijn, maar ja, het is een enorme stap voorwaarts.

I totally agree. It was an Anglican church. Episcopal Church of England.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fenny said:

I totally agree. It was an Anglican church. Episcopal Church of England.

The link above provided by Anna shows Saint James Episcopal Church in Florence.

The Episcopal Church, which is part of the Worldwide Anglican Communion,  allows marriage rites for same-sex couples from what I’ve read; at the moment the Church of England doesn’t (see  https://www.itv.com/news/2022-05-19/gay-marriages-could-be-considered-as-soon-as-next-year-by-the-church-of-england).  I imagine Fabrizio Casiraghi and Fortuné Penniman  also had an Italian civil union ceremony. Civil unions were introduced in Italy in 2016 according to this website:  https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/10/28/where-europe-stands-on-gay-marriage-and-civil-unions/ .

• Like 2

13 hours ago, SusanT said:

De link hierboven van Anna toont de Saint James Episcopal Church in Florence.

De Episcopal Church, die deel uitmaakt van de Wereldwijde Anglicaanse Communie,  staat huwelijksrituelen toe voor paren van hetzelfde geslacht van wat ik heb gelezen; op dit moment doet de Kerk van Engeland dat niet (zie https://www.itv.com/news/2022-05-19/gay-marriages-could-be-considered-as-soon-as-next-year- door-de-kerk-van-engeland ). Ik stel me voor dat Fabrizio Casiraghi en Fortuné Penniman ook een Italiaanse burgerlijke vakbondsceremonie hadden. Volgens deze website zijn in 2016 burgerlijke vakbonden ingevoerd in Italië: https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/10/28/where-europe-stands-on-gay-marriage-and-civil-unions / .     

Thank you Susan..🌷👍