Mika on Scott Mills, Radio BBC5, 25 June 2022

mellody

• mellody changed the title to Mika on Scott Mills, Radio BBC5, 25 June 2022
34 minutes ago, mellody said:

It's possible to scroll back in the livestream to listen to the interview, starting at 9:44h. I suppose there'll also be a replay, but if not, I've recorded it.

Not much news, he was on from Rome on the phone, they talked about his festival experiences (including the animal costumes :teehee:), Eurovision, advertised the Roundhouse gig... the biggest news to me was that he's getting a house in London again, or planning to, I didn't understand what he said exactly?

And they suggested he could do the Eurovision halftime show every year now - I'm all for it! :naughty:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Here is the audio from BBC5.

Better to listen on their official website, to show them that people are interested in listening to Mika on their show. But it surely won't be on their site forever, even if there's a replay, so thanks.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mellody said:

the biggest news to me was that he's getting a house in London again, or planning to, I didn't understand what he said exactly?

I’ve heard “I’m reaching (?) a house in London”, then he added “but it isn’t finished yet, so eventually I will be back.” 

In this context I would say he’s going to have a London based home at some point :wink2: whatever the word was he used 🤣

(Loved listening to his sleepy morning voice.)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I’ve heard “I’m reaching (?) a house in London”, then he added “but it isn’t finished yet, so eventually I will be back.” 

In this context I would say he’s going to have a London based home at some point :wink2: whatever the word was he used 🤣

(Loved listening to his sleepy morning voice.)

I think he says, "I'm redoing a house in London..."

So, yes, it sounds like he's planning to have a place there eventually, maybe even soon-ish. Or "mikasoon", I suppose. :teehee:

• Like 8

I Was walking when I listened and wasn't  sure what he was saying but he's in think it's redoing a house in London. Hopefully that means he'll come here more often 

I thought he had sold the London house tho unless it's a different house 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Yes, he sold his house just at the beginning of the pandemic.

So I think he is looking for a new one. Or an apartment? Who knows.

In Autumn  2021 in the Pif interview ( Il Testimone, Sky TV) Mika referred to Stewart (Stuart?) Crane as his London gardener and Dean and Danny as his plumbers so he perhaps had already bought a property.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the links & files everyone! Can't wait to listen, it'll be nice to hear Mika & actually understand him. Also, "sleepy morning voice:mikalove:

On 6/25/2022 at 3:38 PM, SusanT said:

In Autumn  2021 in the Pif interview ( Il Testimone, Sky TV) Mika referred to Stewart (Stuart?) Crane as his London gardener and Dean and Danny as his plumbers so he perhaps had already bought a property.

i actually just googled this the other day :teehee: I think it's probably

Stuart Craine Design - London contemporary landscape

never did figure out the one in Miami :dunno:

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 1