2022 - Mika @ London Roundhouse, UK, 3 July - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

Mikasister

3 hours ago, TTel20 said:

Great concert! Mika seemed very very happy to be there and to perform. He stayed on stage at the end.

I couldn't believe how long the queue was and it took some time for everyone to be in (no issues for me due to my mobility, no need to queue).

He did sing a majority of songs from the first album. Is it because he was in the UK and doesn't't think we know all of his songs?

He interacted a lot with the crowd, sharing some personal stuff.

I mean he always sings Lollipop, Love Today, Happy Ending and he will never skip out on Grace Kelly:naughty: Or in Mikas famous last words ‘I wonder if there will ever be a big where I won’t sing Grace Kelly..’ 😆 Billy Brown was definitely unplanned!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BeccaStardust said:

also I was nearly crying 4 songs in tiny love reprise would have set  me off completely.

I was emotional before I even got to the gig! (and after!)

Had a full on crying moment during Happy Ending, and also kept just having odd moments where I just stared at him, I really was just in awe at seeing my idol live after 15 years! 😁

• Like 3

I cant put into words just how perfect the concert was. It felt like the bestest and shortest two hours - already feeling post Mika blues. I managed to get to the front row and Witnessing Mika in his full element in his hometown was such an honour and I’m so happy I made the trip from down under. 

Meeting new friends, the MFC party, meeting my online friend in person after 6 years of friendship (who I met on MFC), and exploring London with her. It’s been surreal.

Sadly couldn’t get him to sign my mika lollipop light stick which I was planning to get tattoo’d as he had to leave fairly quickly - so hopefully I can get it when he visits Australia again. 

Edited by Sonelle
  • Like 6

15 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

He talked about camels! @Prisca HE TALKED ABOUT CAMELS!!! 😁 🐪

Yes, he really did. :camel3:

I'm looking forward to his soundtrack and the film. :biggrin2:

• Like 3

16 hours ago, BeccaStardust said:

I do wonder what he would have sung instead of Billy brown someone mentioned they saw the setlist which had tiny love reprise on so guessing he cut that as8 he was running out of time.

I'm glad We got to hear Billy brown tho it was unexpected also I was nearly crying 4 songs in tiny love reprise would have set  me off completely.

This was the original setlist (thanks @dcdeb for letting me take a pic!)

20220703_234502.jpg

So the only actual change was that he played Rain instead of EMD. The "extra" songs apparently were to add somewhere in between, which he did.

I was surprised he played Love Today as the last song, thought it was accidentally and he had forgotten. 😅 The cape & crown fit better to We Are Golden, imo. During Love Today he can't dance & jump as much as he usually does, with those accessoires.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, mellody said:

This was the original setlist (thanks @dcdeb for letting me take a pic!)

20220703_234502.jpg

So the only actual change was that he played Rain instead of EMD. The "extra" songs apparently were to add somewhere in between, which he did.

I was surprised he played Love Today as the last song, thought it was accidentally and he had forgotten. 😅 The cape & crown fit better to We Are Golden, imo. During Love Today he can't dance & jump as much as he usually does, with those accessoires.

So was Billy Brown planned then 

I was the same I thought he forgot love today but guess not I guess he was changing things up and seeing how they worked 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Had a full on crying moment during Happy Ending, and also kept just having odd moments where I just stared at him, I really was just in awe at seeing my idol live after 15 years! 😁

14 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

My daughter and I also cried during Happy Ending! And we hold each other well tight. Very emotional Moment! 

• Like 3

Skirt is handwashed.. It’s now dripping lol. The  inside seam was kinda gross because of the kneeling I did inside to grab stuff out of my bag (plus someone stepped on it at some point). Got most of that out with some stain remover 👍152799F1-9782-40CD-A71C-60EEF107D5C3.thumb.jpeg.7e0483d7aab3ecbcc2b7b46bfa685331.jpegEFB98C7F-B4EA-4937-854F-A2CB0648E64E.thumb.jpeg.0e123d4d6ecf407caa0b8b115f56e751.jpeg

• Like 5

What a show!!!!!!

Really, I mean, I have not gone to so many concerts to make right comparisons but I mean HEY, HE WAS ON FIRE!!!!!!

Of course, thanx to us too :das:

But really, I still hardly believe what I saw!!!

So energetic and so precise in EVERY song!!!

What a show....

Yes, I made a little and silly and actually a bit ridiculous present to him (attached here) and asked Erik to throw it on the stage as I was a bit behind but unluckily Mika didnt see it, anyway maybe this is for the better 🤣🤣🤣🤣

It was a really beautiful night and I have been so so so happy to meet you all again and to know new friends!!! This is a great gift MFC give us all and I'm very grateful for it ❤❤❤

I will attach here some pic from my friend Silvi that enjoyed the concert very very much too!! And ended by saying:"ohhh but he is such a sweet big potato!!!" -So I guess we have another person trapped in the Mikatunnel now hehe!!!!

I'm very sorry I had to run away after the gig but I was sleeping very far from the gig and the metro was closing so...

Anyway, it was such a perfect weekend. I thank you all so much and hope to see you again sooooon sooooon soooooooon!!!!!!💜💙💚💛🧡

20220703_160742.jpg

20220703_160719.jpg

20220703_153222.jpg

20220703_160715.jpg

20220703_201017.jpg

20220703_214541.jpg

20220703_212146.jpg

20220703_220546.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I will start my report by saying that Sunday was one of the best days of my entire life!  I have now seen Mika three times and I think this gig might just be my favourite so far.

I travelled to London on Friday and spent a day of sightseeing on Saturday before the concert on Sunday.  Unfortunately, I couldn't attend the MFC meet-up on Saturday night as my mum and I had booked a show together, but it was lovely to meet some fans in the queue!  It was also great to see @dcdebagain - thanks for stopping by to say hi! :original:

After a long day of queuing, it was finally time to enter the Roundhouse.  I was so excited - this was my first time seeing Mika after lockdown, and words cannot describe how grateful I was for this concert.  Although I wasn't right at the front, I was three or four rows from the stage, very close to Mika's microphone stand, so the view I had was fantastic.

Mika appeared after 9pm and my heart raced with excitement when I saw him.  He opened with Lollipop and all I could do was look at him in awe.  The atmosphere was electric and fans were singing along to every word.  The seven-month wait and day of queuing had definitely been worth it.  He sang Origin Of Love then performed Big Girl from the crowd, which was incredible!  I also enjoyed the fan action when everyone held up hearts during Tiny Love.

For me, my favourite part of the show was when Mika sang Tomorrow.  About halfway through the first verse, he suddenly made eye contact with me, and lifted a finger to point at me before smiling that wonderful smile.  I was so excited and happy!!  It was only the briefest of moments but I will remember this forever. :excite:

It was also amazing to hear Billy Brown (a request from a fan) and Popular Song (one of my all-time favourites).  I was very excited to hear the new song Who's Gonna Love Me Now, a beautiful ballad that captivated the entire crowd.  We Are Golden - my favourite Mika song - was also an incredible moment, and Love Today made a spectacular finale to this spectacular show.

But the night was not over yet!  Once Mika had left the stage, a remix of Yo-Yo blasted round the venue, and the crowd were still partying and dancing so it was like a giant nightclub.  The atmosphere was truly amazing at this concert and I'll remember it forever.

I stopped by the stage door afterwards and Mika signed a few autographs for fans.  Although I didn't meet him properly, I was incredibly close to him (see photo below) and I was happy for the fans who got to meet him.

Overall, a fantastic show!  I wish I could relive every moment.  Hopefully it won't be too long until he performs in London again! :crossed:

12 Mika at Stage Door.jpg

• Like 9

Sooooo.... Finally had time to sit down a process what happen!

WHAT A SHOW IT WAS!

Got there kind(ish) early, around 8:30am to find a lot of people queuing up already! I am defo not a morning person, a thus why I sat in my little corner watching Netflix lol. 

My friend, and work colleague, Kasia, shortly joined us and that kinda help me getting into the mood for our boy. 

Got a bit annoyed when the security people put the barriers up and everyone rushed into them at like 2pm, so being an old (not so old) lady decided to sit on the steps with a bunch of people and just enjoy a good old chat. Special mention to @dcdeb for my brand new MFC badge, I still have the old purple one so I was very happy with a shinny new one. 

I was defo very impressed with the venue and how organised they were the whole day, the fact that they respected our number system was great and the whole thing was amazing in general. They cared even when we were inside giving the front rows water and making sure that everyone was safe. 

The show itself there isn't many words to describe. It was incredible. His voice is better than ever and they way he felt the public (and he felt him) was amazing! Great that he got so personal about his life and future projects was really nice. Tho there is something that I am rather disappointed at: light. It felt that half of the times there wasn't enough light on the stage and when there was some it wasn't on him lol. Tho who am I to complain. 

When the show finished it legit looked like we were still in the middle of the show with the about of people dancing to YO YO it was crazy!

Glad Mika took some time to come say Hi and sign a couple to bits and bobs.

Special thanks to the security guy that gave me a set list. 

Looking so forward to see all of you very very soon, cause you all made my day amazing. 

IMG_0001.jpeg

IMG_0009.jpeg

IMG_0032.jpeg

IMG_0046.jpeg

IMG_0056.jpeg

IMG_0061.jpeg

IMG_0103.jpeg

IMG_0118.jpeg

IMG_0147.jpeg

IMG_0146.jpeg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Serendipity said:

And this was MikaGigio...

Goodbye my little friend, have a nice rest of your life wherever you will be!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Lumii_20220629_012441013.jpg

Lumii_20220629_011730332.jpg

Hope Mika got Mikagigio! 

Did you come up with the idea because Mika imitates Topo Gigio in Mikavision episode 2 ( " Ma cosa mi dici mail!" - at 1.58)?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfpBCIqr1Q8/

Mika talks about the show

mikainstagram

I have to say it, this was one of my favourite shows of my entire career. The audience was extraordinary. That rare mixture of tenderness and ferociousness and hundreds of new faces. Thank you to all there who made my return to London so special. May it be the first of many more including new projects in UK ❤️🏽🏽🏽❤️

Photos and video credits @elairexplores @jasonmillerca @sahrazadat

292064393_420441700098926_1131969472767924711_n.jpg

291913177_428753902479859_8670621685407106088_n.jpg

291810183_829107544746632_152406890845757365_n.jpg

291997152_432035625465809_2462745164124171285_n.jpg

291991957_1004560246929572_3515965668302035139_n.jpg

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, SusanT said:

Hope Mika got Mikagigio! 

Did you come up with the idea because Mika imitates Topo Gigio in Mikavision episode 2 ( " Ma cosa mi dici mail!" - at 1.58)?

Exactlyyyyy and I always thought he was like Topo Gigio!!!!

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 9:34 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

I also couldn't control my tears when he sung Happy Ending. It was the best version I've ever heard I think. I genuinely had big flowing tears. He evokes such emotion 🥺🥺🥺

Also, loved it at the end when he got happy emotional, it was a profound moment 🥰

• Like 2