2022 - Mika @ London Roundhouse, UK, 3 July - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

Mikasister

I refuse to crash from my Mika cloud. Came to work and heard a bunch of talking about issues at work and I just don’t want to hear it lalalaaaaa :lalala:

Just listening and bouncing to Bolero in the dressing room.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Maaikie... said:

GIGWISE

https://www.gigwise.com/reviews/3423809/all-the-photos-from-mika-s-london-show

Nostalgic, hypnotic and forever iconic

MIKA knows how to put on a show. Soundtracking our childhoods with the iconic ‘Grace Kelly’, the star’s staying power is astounding.

Recently presenting Eurovision and reminding us of why we loved him so much with a captivating performance, its no wonder so many people flocked to the Roundhouse to see the singer in action. 

Playing a hit-heavy set of his best-loved and biggest tracks, all the favourites including ‘Lollipop’, ‘Happy Ending’, ‘Love Today’ and ‘Big Girls’ were in there. Providing a full show with costume changes, choreo and more - MIKA never lets us down.

See all the photos from Niamh Louise below:

GIGWISE-6.thumb.jpg.7dcdcc5bcaf74e2fc2069d7dc55b149c.jpg

GIGWISE-4.thumb.jpg.8e0d87e1a466bc826566fb85fa98c3a6.jpg

GIGWISE-3.thumb.jpg.238fa05078097c72f18a4f34312003b8.jpg

GIGWISE-2.thumb.png.78e494522f5b859e3f5596b61d73b3ce.png

GIGWISE-8.thumb.jpg.146ae801429238e73f07f853ec0079ed.jpg

GIGWISE-10.thumb.jpg.e19d2f7de8e1adf4e1c6091beb35882a.jpg

GIGWISE-5.thumb.jpg.5828833eb359524d586d8c076eeb9c54.jpg

GIGWISE-1.thumb.jpg.2f1d9812ac8ea091fb30d591c544dc24.jpg

GIGWISE-9.thumb.jpg.faf376b5b82a64ec04f3dd60db695359.jpg

GIGWISE-7.thumb.jpg.35c9bd8d41336f5654ac00b909ce2cea.jpg

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, NancylovesM said:

This looks like it was an absolutely life-changing, remember-forever, out of body  experience, truly amazing concert. Sad I missed it, but so happy to read all of these beautiful reviews. 

I wish I could have been there too and like you I greatly appreciate being able to read all of the accounts that Mika fans have shared with us.

The concert at the Roundhouse in London was one of the most amazing concerts I have seen. :wub2: There was an incredible energy and the chemistry between Mika and his audience was perfect. There were Mikafans from all over the world, but we became one as soon as he and the band got on stage. :cheer: We sang, skipped, danced... We interacted with him from the beginning to the end. I loved the new final of Happy Ending, the speech that Mika made before Yo Yo and I listened for the first time live to Who’s Gonna Love Me Now, that I love and listened very willingly to Billy Brown. :wub2: The security service was impeccable. We numbered about 200 people, who entered in the same order. There was a perfect collaboration between us and them. :hi5:I hope Mika will organize more concerts in this location... After the gig we met Mika and it was a magic moment. (And also Max, Clément and Vincent). :cloud:
I share some photos and videos:

1656964977193.jpg

1656964909573.jpg

1656964857365.jpg

1656965251870.jpg

1656965176992.jpg

1656965358822.jpg

1656965421849.jpg

1656965511850.jpg

1656966253076.jpg

1656965026648.jpg

1656965092675.jpg

1656966005656.jpg

1656966168899.jpg

1656966051877.jpg

1656966103906.jpg

20220704_063604.jpg

Screenshot_20220704-024149_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220704-024149_Gallery (2).jpg

Screenshot_20220704-024214_Gallery (2).jpg

Screenshot_20220704-024214_Gallery.jpg

IMG-20220702-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20220702-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20220703-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20220702-WA0009.jpg

Polish_20220704_222940626.jpg

Polish_20220704_222743871.jpg

Polish_20220704_222632114.jpg

Polish_20220704_222845427.jpg

20220703_184830.jpg

20220701_171538.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I needed time to put my story in words... A lot of words :wink2:

Actually this is a text I put on my website for Polish readers. Now I can translate it for you.

This concert was special in many ways. Among other things, because I was there in person. This was my second concert in London. This city has a special place in Mika's heart. And it shows on stage as well.

But let's start from the beginning. First, on Saturday, I attended a party on a double occasion: the 15th anniversary of Mika Fan Club and the fact that fans from all over the world came to Mika's concert in London again! We had a great time. I met people I already knew. But I also got to know new faces. Mika sent us some bottles of Champagne and Prosecco. We also had a delicious on-site pizza made at the Lansdowne Pub. And one of the fans prepared a beautiful, double-deck birthday cake. There were dances and even a raffle. Some were lucky enough to win Mika's merchs!

And now the concert. Of course, at the beginning there was a long line in front of the Roundhouse and numbers. Then there was the stress because we didn't get any e-mails from the organizers with a link to the tickets. Only around 3 p.m. the fans started getting e-mails. We immediately felt a great relief :-) The staff of the facility was very nice and accepted our "queuing system". Of course, there were a few people who didn't like it, but I won't write about it.

We were let in around 6:30 pm. I was able to take my place in the third row. Although there was a tall boy in front of me and I had to "maneuver" a bit to see the scene well. Behind me there was a group of three female fans from England - I don't know them, so I don't know if they belong to the Fan Club. They were talking very loudly among themselves. And during the show made by DJ Bestley they sang songs. But I must admit that they did it very well. They even sang in harmony, and you could see that they practiced together a lot. Maybe in a karaoke club? In every of my videos you can hear them clearly.  Of course when Mika entered the stage they started screaming so hard that my ears hurt.

From the very first moment, this electrifying relationship with the audience was created on stage. This is London - English fans sing loud and very well. Watch the video recorded by @Romy04 from Switzerland. I put llinks to her videos because of a bad sound on mine (singing girls!) 

The second song was Origin Of Love. I took some balloons with me and asked the people next to me to inflate them and throw them at the audience. It's a pity I only took 4 because the audience and Mika had a lot of fun with them. And Mika managed to destroy two of them personally. But that's what I was counting on. We know that Mika is a real "balloon terror" :-)

Mika was wearing a black suit from which he was tearing off fragments showing the painted anatomical parts. But the audience went into ecstasy when Mika took off his jacket and showed his naked torso !!!! Probably the first time he undressed so quickly on stage :-) And at the end, when Mika sings "thank God that you found me" pointing at us ... That was a moment!!!

Then there was a moment for Max who played (and danced!) an intro to Big Girl. And all this for give time to Mika to change into his pink suit .... And it started !!!! Mika quickly noticed a place where he could jump over the barrier and entered the audience. Which of course caused an outburst of ecstasy, and one of the girls standing next to me (of that singing group) almost passed out! I even touched her arm to calm her down a little.

The next song was Tiny Love. A very important moment for me, because with @Romy04 again, I prepared almost 1000 paper hearts, which we distributed to people before the concert. Some of them also ended up on the balcony.

During the intro to the song, Mika said that he arrived in London after a 7-hour journey, which should take an hour and 15 minutes. But he made it to the city at the best moment. And instead of the crowd of businessmen rushing through the city, he found "rainbow warriors". Mika referred to the Pride Parade that took place on Saturday. Mika said to the taxi driver, "It's much better this way." At one point, Mika noticed our colored hearts lit up even on the balcony and added, "I have to say you guys are equally beautiful. Thank you so much. " Of course, this was a reference to the Pride parade. And that we are all beautiful.

And just like three years ago in 2019, Mika took one heart from the person in the front row and sang while holding it in his hand.

I arrived in town on Saturday, and rainbow flags were fluttering everywhere, and the square in front of the station on King's Cross was filled with a colorful crowd of people. I even managed to get a little rainbow flag, which is now a souvenir from the trip to Mika's concert ... In general, all of London really did celebrate "equality" and a lot of shops, restaurants had rainbow flags and other rainbow decorations. In Poland, I cannot imagine such an open manifestation of equality.

Here is a view from my perspective.

Mika talked a lot with the audience. Sometimes he talked to us as if he were old friends and shared some very intimate moments of his life. This referred to the meaning of the song Yo-Yo. And he started it in a beautiful acoustic version. And the audience knew how to join ...

Then Mika sang Tomorrow. I have a great fondness for it. I heard it live for the first time at my first Mika's concert in Paris in 2019.

During this song, Mika took a colorful wreath with lamps from one Dutch fan. Eric melted with happiness even when he failed to regain his property :-) Mika also "killed" the heart-shaped balloon. But that was to be expected. The balloon slayer has shown its power :-)

The surprise was Popular Song. Mika rarely sings it in Europe. But maybe lyrics are so closely related to his life in London that it had to be performed here? In 2019 Mika also sang it.

Mika also surprised us with the song Billy Brown. Someone in the audience had a cardboard box with the inscription asking them to sing this song. And there you go. By the way, Mika performed a crazy dance :-)

Underwater. One of my favorite songs. Mika always engages the audience in singing it. This time there was no division between Heaven and Hell. Mika alluded to the circular shape of the building that was used to rotate locomotives in the 19th century. The building is crowned with a dome and if you stand in the right place, special vibrations are created when listening to music. Mika once felt it himself. And now he wanted us to feel it too.

At the beginning of the song Who's Gonna Love Me Now, Mika said that he is currently writing a lot of new music! Among other things, an hour and a half of symphonic music for a film that tells the story of the friendship between a young camel and the 11-year-old boy who saved him. It's a movie that is a mixture of Never Ending Story and Bambi movies :-) Mika immediately agreed to participate in this project. But only then did he realize that the camels do not speak and he, with his music, must make the camel speak :-) Meanwhile, he got a message from Billy Porter asking him to write a song for the movie Anything's Possible. The song was supposed to be so sad that you'll want to lock up in your room for five years and cry. It was supposed to be the point of view of a man who had a great time in life and now feels that the wings that once carried him are gone. The co-creator of the song, Wayne Hector, was also present in the audience. Mika said he only sang the song about twice ... and yet the audience joined in and sang along with him. You really get goosebumps by listening to this track live. And you want to cry with sadness ...

Happy Ending - I only recorded the ending part of the song. This time Mika did not sing without a microphone. He was accompanied by Clement de Witt on the guitar. Considering that two days earlier Mika had a sore throat and at the concert in Hauterives he could not sing high notes, this time he sang really well. It was a very special version of Happy Ending.

Rain - just listen to the audience singing !!!! I love such moments!!!!

Grace Kelly - one of the most touching moments of the evening. Mika has opened his heart again. And he told the story of his London house with its pink doors, which had become a dead place since his mother's illness. He didn't like going back there. Two years ago, however, he and his brother decided that they would save this house .... And today he went there with tea and a sandwich, sat on the roof and felt for the first time in many years that he was happy again ... And the song Grace Kelly is dedicates to a woman in a pink dress who is no longer with him ...

I was in front of the house with the pink door. The building is under renovation. But no matter how long the works take I, too, feel so happy to know that Mika is back in London again. In a house where he lived for over 25 years and where he wrote more than half of his songs ...

Mika changed the order of the concert ending. It used to be We Are Golden tofinish the concert and Mika was putting on his beautiful RESIST cape and wicker crown.

There was no cape this time. But Mika took the LGBT flag from the audience and tied it around his hips. Some sequin blouse also landed on the stage :-)

I liked the new ending very much. Mika dragged us into his game again.

After We Are Golden, Mika disappeared from the scene. After a while we heard the introduction to Love Today and Mika appeared in his light blue suit. And he started BBC Shipping Forecast, which we heard for the first time at a concert in Versailles!

Halfway through the song, the cape and crown finally appeared and Mika began to spin on the piano. Illumination from the bottom made the cape all white and transparent! In addition, smoke began to rise from the piano. Well, that was the real Rite Of Spring !!!!!!

Romy didn't post the ending on YouTube, so here is my video.

It took a long time to say goodbye. It was evident that Mika would like to stay on stage ... He was very touched ... We too ... At one point the remix of Yo-Yo's song was turned on, but Mika signaled to the sound engineer to stop. It was our time to say thank you. After a while, Mika made a sign and we heard the remix of Yo-Yo. This version is perfect to forget about sadness, break up and start dancing. And it was just like that. Mika walked to the backstage and the audience continued dancing and dancing ....

We slowly started to leave the Roundhouse. I talked for a moment more with Monika Wilczyńska, whom I helped arrange a ticket for the concert. Monika is from Poland but she lives in London (MFC member for a long time  @Elaire14) and is a colorful bird with a wide artistic spectrum: she is a model, takes pictures at concerts (Mika posted like two of her photos in his post after the concert in London), she travels, shoots films. Check out her Instagram https://www.instagram.com/elairecreates/ 

I left the Roundhouse and slowly made my way towards the artists exit. We know that Mika usually leaves the concert venue very late. So I had time ... I thought so. Security barely got us in line when I noticed the phones in the air filming something at the beginning of the line. That could only mean one thing: Mika!

Yes, it was Mika. Dressed in black jeans and a black lace shirt (Valentino?), With smoothly combed, still wet hair. A broad smile did not leave his face. He tried to give as many autographs as possible. He was about to get in the car when he spotted another group of fans and walked over to them. Then he could safely drive away.

And we started to say goodbye to each other. It was hard to say goodbye. It was almost midnight. Unfortunately, the entrance to the subway was already closed. Chiara from Italy ordered a taxi for us as the four of us had hotels in the King's Cross area. The girls had planes early in the morning. Mine was only the next day. I was planning to spend a day walking around London. It was wonderful to take your time, sit on a bench by the Thames, look at the London Eye and eat an egg and mayonnaise sandwich :-) But before all this I had to check that the pink door was still on it's place. It was. Half open. Alive again  :yes:

• Like 8

Sorry I'm late with uploading my videos, I'm not used to party weekends anymore, took me a bit to recover. :facepalm: :naughty:

I filmed all the talking (I think) and some other bits & pieces.

Talk at the beginning of Lollipop:

Talk before Big Girl:

Talk before Tiny Love, about arriving in London during the pride parade and saying that he likes our hearts :wub2:

Little snippet of Tiny Love, with the hearts:

Talk about Relax

Talk before Yoyo (about his experiences of growing up in London) & acoustic start of the song:

Short snippet of Tomorrow, with Erik's blinking flower crown:

Talk before Billy Brown & beginning of the song:

Talk during Underwater (inluding talk with fan who has been queueing for 23 hours), and singalong:

Talk before Who's Gonna Love Me Now:

Who's Gonna Love Me Now - whole song, but mostly bad light ... I think those who were on the left side have better videos of this.

Talk before Grace Kelly:

Clip of We Are Golden, with the rainbow flag around his hips:

Short talk / thank you at the end of WAG:

Love Today intro:

Snippet of cape & crown during Love Today:

Mika dancing to the Yoyo Remix and leaving the stage:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I'm sorry, I haven't seen whether anyone else has posted the complete version of Who's Gonna Love Me Now? But here's mine. I think it's the only video I took of an entire song -- the rest are just little clips. Oh, except for the Insta Live I did of Origin of Love... I'll get that on YouTube soon. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 7/5/2022 at 10:44 PM, Mikasister said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfpBCIqr1Q8/

Mika talks about the show

mikainstagram

I have to say it, this was one of my favourite shows of my entire career. The audience was extraordinary. That rare mixture of tenderness and ferociousness and hundreds of new faces. Thank you to all there who made my return to London so special. May it be the first of many more including new projects in UK ❤️🏽🏽🏽❤️

Photos and video credits @elairexplores @jasonmillerca @sahrazadat

292064393_420441700098926_1131969472767924711_n.jpg

291913177_428753902479859_8670621685407106088_n.jpg

291810183_829107544746632_152406890845757365_n.jpg

291997152_432035625465809_2462745164124171285_n.jpg

291991957_1004560246929572_3515965668302035139_n.jpg

I see myself 3x and child with their arms around Mika once.. such cool photos.

And yes, i nicked the roses someone else threw.. they landed on the floor so i had them rescued. And they got to mika in the end! All good.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 10:45 PM, Maaikie... said:

image.thumb.jpeg.d6437163df6448f8a515c4a446c0bcae.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.90a09f4a2eb55211657bb3cde9959b58.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d86f0e45490c9a2e62df5a5ec3924b2e.jpeg

Thanks everyone for the amazing reports and pictures! How lovely to see faces that I know! I’m so sorry to have missed you all. 
it sounds like an absolutely fantastic night! X 

• Like 3

On 7/7/2022 at 8:43 PM, mellody said:

Sorry I'm late with uploading my videos, I'm not used to party weekends anymore, took me a bit to recover. :facepalm: :naughty:

I filmed all the talking (I think) and some other bits & pieces.

Talk at the beginning of Lollipop:

Talk before Big Girl:

Talk before Tiny Love, about arriving in London during the pride parade and saying that he likes our hearts :wub2:

Little snippet of Tiny Love, with the hearts:

Talk about Relax

Talk before Yoyo (about his experiences of growing up in London) & acoustic start of the song:

Short snippet of Tomorrow, with Erik's blinking flower crown:

Talk before Billy Brown & beginning of the song:

Talk during Underwater (inluding talk with fan who has been queueing for 23 hours), and singalong:

Talk before Who's Gonna Love Me Now:

Who's Gonna Love Me Now - whole song, but mostly bad light ... I think those who were on the left side have better videos of this.

Talk before Grace Kelly:

Clip of We Are Golden, with the rainbow flag around his hips:

Short talk / thank you at the end of WAG:

Love Today intro:

Snippet of cape & crown during Love Today:

Mika dancing to the Yoyo Remix and leaving the stage:

Thank you so much for these- I will watch them all tomorrow x 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 8:56 PM, dcdeb said:

I'm sorry, I haven't seen whether anyone else has posted the complete version of Who's Gonna Love Me Now? But here's mine. I think it's the only video I took of an entire song -- the rest are just little clips. Oh, except for the Insta Live I did of Origin of Love... I'll get that on YouTube soon. :)

Just got round to watching this, thank you so much for recording it! My Mum had her phone ready which was then rudely knocked away by a guy getting up to get a beer! :sneaky2:

(why would anyone want to get up and leave seeing Mika? 🙃)

Luckily Mum got most of OOL, Love Today and little clips of others!

• Like 1

this was my first time seeing mika live and wow!!! cant believe it’s already been over a week since:crybaby:

i didn’t have the most amazing view but i could see enough and this video isn’t the best but i just really love the way the lights look like a rainbow during rain! and of course he sounds and looks beautiful:mikalove:

• Like 7

thevinyldistrict.com

TVD Live Shots:
Mika at the Roundhouse, 7/3 - The Vinyl District

Mika made his triumphant return to London at the legendary Roundhouse on Sunday night, 7/3. This was quite the intimate venue for an artist of his magnitude, especially coming off the high of an epic Eurovision performance. The line wrapped around the venue as thousands queued to get in, some even waiting out front for nearly twenty-four hours. Why on earth would anyone wait that long? For a live spectacle like no other and the perfect way to wrap a month of pride celebrations.

The Lebanese-born, British singer-songwriter has proven to be a virtuoso over the past decade and a half, with a sharp wit and an incredible sense of melody. He’s like a cross between Barry Gibb, Freddie Mercury, and Idina Menzel, bridging the gap between theatrical rock, pop, dance, and Broadway. He was hitting notes that I didn’t think were possible, and he made it look easy. He can write a hook like no other, his musical resume speaks volumes, and he’s become an icon and inspiration for the LGBT community and beyond. It begs the question, is there anything that Mika can’t do?

Soft-spoken, charming, and personable, he had the audience in the palm of his hand, not because of ego but because he’s vulnerable; he was one of them. He’s also quite the storyteller. Throughout the set he spoke to the capacity crowd as if they were all gathered around the fireplace at his home. He told a heartwarming story about his mother before dedicating “Grace Kelly” to her. He also talked about how excited he was about writing the symphonic score for an upcoming movie about an unusual friendship that blossoms between a boy and a camel (I couldn’t make out the name of the film, and I don’t think it’s been announced yet).

The setlist was a tour de force of magical pop moments, opening up with a cabaret-style version of “Lollipop,” straight into “Origin of Love” before leaping into the middle of the crowd during “Big Girls” as he joined in the dance party with his fans. He spent nearly the entire song weaving his way through the crowd and even pausing to take a selfie or two along the way.

Other gems of the night included “Popular,” “Happy Endings,” and a roaring version of “We are Golden” which had every single person in the audience singing at the top of their lungs. The show wrapped with “Grace Kelly” and “Love Today” and then the party was over. Still buzzing, the crowd left and quickly took to social media to share their love for an incredible night and witnessing one of pop music’s most creative talents of the past decade and a half. He really does have it all—the songwriting chops, the moves, the look, and most importantly, that voice.

2045179895_tvd-live-shots-mika-at-the-roundhouse-7-3(16).thumb.jpg.79b4226d2bccef0723e7f6153adfa5a9.jpg

1760840252_tvd-live-shots-mika-at-the-roundhouse-7-3(13).thumb.jpg.a7421be2670149598b3fc34d384b24e1.jpg

1218304227_tvd-live-shots-mika-at-the-roundhouse-7-3(11).jpg.93782499382c8d462732c7a83bd0f0fb.jpg

664509297_tvd-live-shots-mika-at-the-roundhouse-7-3(12).jpg.ed5af13d291e66291b77b644befca036.jpg

185644989_tvd-live-shots-mika-at-the-roundhouse-7-3(7).jpg.0f607209aefd34779653006e115a273d.jpg

352392345_tvd-live-shots-mika-at-the-roundhouse-7-3(6).thumb.jpg.10e6417ceb29fa8571ea9cc8c9117c7c.jpg

2114903483_tvd-live-shots-mika-at-the-roundhouse-7-3(5).thumb.jpg.3c71125c49f4503e53c32c3846544127.jpg

2068984805_tvd-live-shots-mika-at-the-roundhouse-7-3(4).thumb.jpg.704048a58b46cc22c5e87e292b130ece.jpg

915565753_tvd-live-shots-mika-at-the-roundhouse-7-3(15).thumb.jpg.a362a2d3d29954bc0a87e33c93023b72.jpg

1017420030_tvd-live-shots-mika-at-the-roundhouse-7-3(8).jpg.e6d9612063a851cf98f265bd51cc95ad.jpg

502971283_tvd-live-shots-mika-at-the-roundhouse-7-3(3).thumb.jpg.1f0c5426b383f935ecda916c15b70301.jpg

@dcdeb @Gabry74

1386695934_tvd-live-shots-mika-at-the-roundhouse-7-3(2).jpg.f1bd0e75b89402562df948fc204c00e3.jpg

238299132_tvd-live-shots-mika-at-the-roundhouse-7-3(9).jpg.da4634fbcf5f6dd2444e0b22c7696fd0.jpg

491856084_tvd-live-shots-mika-at-the-roundhouse-7-3(14).jpg.f308f19147a51d80bd9f3abe463ab264.jpg

136121008_tvd-live-shots-mika-at-the-roundhouse-7-3(10).jpg.def0314e154f6b20145ef157411a16bf.jpg

2058260634_tvd-live-shots-mika-at-the-roundhouse-7-3(1).jpg.20ac441a7db07f7e691322fbf75112f1.jpg

• Like 4

On 7/5/2022 at 10:39 PM, SusanT said:

Hope Mika got Mikagigio! 

GREAT NEWS FROM MIKAGIGIO!!!!:fangurl:

Apparently he is enjoining the tour from a very privileged point of view 😍😍😍😍🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Really can't believe that!!!! It made my day!!!

This picture comes from Camille directly from Valencienne Festival!!!!

Haahhaha please if you program to go to other gigs look out for him!!! :naughty:🤣🤣🤣🤣😍😍😍💜💙💚💛🧡🌹

Screenshot_20220714-205632_Instagram.jpg

• Haha 7

12 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

Apparently he is enjoining the tour from a very privileged point of view 😍😍😍😍🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Haahhaha please if you program to go to other gigs look out for him!!! :naughty:🤣🤣🤣🤣😍😍😍💜💙💚💛🧡🌹

😊😊😊

35 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

OMG THATS AMAZING!!!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to finishing my report for this gig (thanks to the cold/flu I took back from London as a souvenir 🙃).

Which I'll put in a separate post because it's quite long so I apologise now for anyone who doesn't like long text 😅

But I think I'm more than entitled to gush about my first Mika concert after a 15 year wait! 

OK so this really is very long (posted and deleted first just to check 😅) so I'll put it under hidden contents so the thread isn't too long either, but I hope people will still read it 😊

No Mika photos/videos here, I'll share them later.

Spoiler

Life is full of beautiful moments that we either take for granted, or pass us by far too quickly before we have time to blink. Seeing Mika at the Roundhouse is definitely the best day of my life so far, it was also beautiful. Every single moment of it. I certainly didn't take it for granted and I doubt I'll ever forget the intensity of all the emotions I felt that night. If I close my eyes now I can see Mika so vividly standing at the mic, just for a moment I'm back in that magical room, I can hear his voice and when I open my eyes again I realise that a little bit of that magic is still with me, forever embedded in my heart. And I'd like to share some of that beautiful magic with you. 

I was excited to see Mika long before the 3rd July, even when I had the booking confirmation of my tickets I still had to pinch myself that I would be seeing Mika again after a long 15 year wait! I was building myself up for a very emotional time and it still didn't feel real to me that I was seeing my idol until I was sat at my balcony seat at the Roundhouse. The staff there are simply the best! They were so accommodating regarding my Mum's mobility, two of the bar staff helped me find the right person to talk to about getting to our seats on time. I think it was Tal I spoke to and he was so kind, he was the one helping disabled fans get up to the level 2 area at 7pm on the dot! A security lady wasn't sure if we were actually allowed in so me, my Mum and the small group I was with waited for her to ask someone else for permission! (It was during this brief time that I managed to wave at @Hero!). 

We got to our seats and DJ Bestley was already doing her set. The music was loud but the venue was still relatively quiet at that time, it was a really nice atmosphere with hearing the whispers of fans behind me getting very excited themselves. I got excited when I saw Max heading back stage and then Andy getting a beer! Then I noticed a woman walking away from the stage with a clear Valentino suit bag, it looked like a white suit with flower patches all down the sides. Both me and my Mum said "Hello Mika's suit!" but the lady never looked up and Mika didn't even wear it! 😂 

I must say the DJ looked like she was living her best life! She never stopped dancing and looked exhausted when she did stop. Once her set was over music was still playing but much quieter and me and my Mum had a moment to really take it all in. As a token reminder of the night I had custom bracelets made for me and my Mum with 'Mika' on them, I kept them a surprise until concert day and I think my Mum may have cried a little (especially considering there was no official merch to buy 🙁), she didn't take it off for a long time after!

The beads are flower shaped for the Rite of Spring theme! 

20220709_105045.thumb.jpg.e35fe43842fdf4d48e8f88c1c1ea71a3.jpg

(I also wore a flower crown, which days later it still felt like it was on my head!)

The background music faded away and fans began to scream for Mika, every time the curtain twitched, another scream! 

Every second that ticked by increased my anticipation of seeing Mika burst onto the stage. My mind however seemed to block out the loudest almighty scream that came next. I didn't move an inch, I didn't dare blink, but surely my eyes were deceiving me?! Because he was there, RIGHT THERE on the stage. He appeared as a giant of a man, sitting on the piano and immediately owning the stage. This was the start of me being in awe the entire night. Mika was there and I finally believed that dreams do come true. 

It's very hard for me to pick just one favourite Mika song, there are a lot that have a special meaning for me. The setlist at the show included some of my favourites and unexpected surprises too! 

Getting started with Lollipop was the best! It got everyone jumping and I couldn't have been happier because I love live versions of this song. It's definitely in my top 5! I was beaming from ear to ear while also singing along. I would like to claim the title of "Girl with biggest smile"!, I smiled so much my cheeks hurt long afterwards but in a good way! 

Origin of Love was next and I'm so glad I got to see the anatomy suit! It's one of my favourites 😊  Of course he began to rip the parts away as he sang, revealing each organ one at a time. Revealing more of his true self with every word (then revealing his bare chest to yet more screaming). I especially loved it when he moved to sit at the piano to sing the "thank god that you found me" lines, it suddenly became very intimate, a special moment between him and the audience, everyone truly welcomed him back to London with open arms. 

He disappeared for a few moments and Max began to play some very distinct notes and I knew exactly what was coming next! Mika came back in a gorgeous pink suit, had a joke at Max for showing off and then began Big Girl. With the Roundhouse being a small venue I wasn't expecting him go over the barrier into the audience like at other gigs but that's exactly what he did! He looked happy to be amongst his fans but I'm not sure he planned ahead for getting back to the stage, the face he pulled when security had to help him back over the barrier was hilarious! 🤣
Back on the stage he told everyone in the balcony to stand up so we could dance along to the song, I'm quite a shy/reserved person but there was nothing that night stopping me from really enjoying the moment and letting myself go! 

Mika then sat at the piano and again I could feel what was was coming. The room was already bursting with an abundance of love all for one man, but that love is built up of tiny tiny loves! And love from "rainbow warriors"! Mika spoke about how when he came into London the day before and saw the city full of colour he said to his taxi driver "isn't this so much better?!" Yes, it certainly was! And my day was made so much better thanks to hearing Mika sing Tiny Love. 

I've come to realise that photographing Mika isn't so easy! (unless you have a very good camera). He just never stands still long enough and bursts into random, and rather strange dance moves! I really wanted to get a decent picture of 'The Jump' but found filming him singing Relax much easier! He must have jumped 5 or 6 times during that performance. If I could have safely jumped on the balcony I would have but taking part along with everyone else singing "take it eeeeeeasy" was really awesome! It was during Relax that I took a brief moment to close my eyes and really appreciate that this was really happening! 

Ice Cream kept the upbeat vibe going, I sang pretty loud during this song, I think the guy next to me was impressed that I hadn't lost my voice yet. Mika then sat on the piano once more and explained the meaning of YoYo before singing it. The beginning of which was acoustic, a very special performance indeed. He's had a lot of heartbreak in London, he could be a tour guide for all the places he's had his heart "shmashed with emphasis on the sh", I'd definitely pay to go on that walk! 

I really wasn't expecting Mika to sing Tomorrow, it was a really stunning performance and again I sang along to every word. And I mean EVERY word, only realising afterwards that my Mum could hear me, I never sing naughty words at home! 😅 
But my Mum was smiling throughout the whole song so really who gives a shhhh.... 🤭 

Mika packed so much energy into Popular Song, I felt every ounce of that energy myself, not once did I began to lag or feel tired, how could I when Mika was sharing that wild exuberance with everyone around him? And the adrenaline in me was only boosted when Mika noticed a fans' sign to sing Billy Brown! He talked first about not forgetting this character and "I haven't sung you for a while", which apparently sounded a little wrong 😂, but the performance was truly epic. That's the only way I can describe it, hearing Billy Brown live, a song that changed my life 15 years ago really was EPIC! 

Underwater was really special, again I took a moment to myself to really just appreciate Mika's voice at the start of the song. I didn't want to be too distracted and focused solely on him but when he got the audience to sing "Underwater" first very quietly and then as loud as possible, I just had to film it while also taking part too! The audience interaction throughout the whole night was wonderful, technically I can say I've sang with Mika (just not on stage with him 😅). Mika said how the Roundhouse was a special place because of the vibrations you feel when the audience sing together, with our loudest "Underwater" I definitely felt those vibrations!
There was a moment during this song where Mika looked directly up at the balcony where I was, I can't be sure if he saw me because of all the stage lights but in my mind I like to think that he did see me 😊 

He sat back on the piano and TALKED ABOUT CAMELS! Ok so he didn't JUST talk about camels he explained how he's working on the symphonic soundtrack for a film about a camel, how he hasn't written symphonic stuff before and it's a little scary, and then as soon as he mentioned that he got a call from Billy Porter I knew he was about to sing Who's Gonna Love Me Now? It's one of the performances that I remember so vividly. Again I just wanted to enjoy this incredibly beautiful moment but I was glad my Mum had her phone ready, only for a guy getting a drink to knock it over! (He didn't even apologise! 😠). I didn't let that little blip ruin anything for me, my eyes never really left Mika anyway! 

I continued to be in awe throughout the whole of Happy Ending, at this point I really couldn't control my emotions and cried throughout this song! (good to know I wasn't the only one!) I know Mika usually does the ending a capella and when I saw his guitarist coming towards him I composed myself enough to start filming. Mika didn't do it a capella for this performance but it was still an amazing ending to the song. Especially when I realised he very slightly changed the lyrics towards the end, he sang "I still close my eyes, I still feel that pain every day", I've been thinking about that line a lot. There's something beautifully sad about it, I'd love to know Mika's own meaning behind it.

I certainly wasn't expecting Rain. Apparently Mika was supposed to sing EMD and as much as I do love that song, Rain holds a special meaning for me, I'm so glad Mika decided to sing it! Now this song is extra special for me now I've heard it live. 
   Before Grace Kelly he spoke about saving his childhood home in London, the one with the pink door, and how it felt empty without his mother. I was really touched by his story, he talked a lot to us during the night, he was so open and honest about his feelings it makes me feel closer to him in some small way that he was happy to share his experiences of loss and love. The empathy I already feel increased tenfold, I'll listen to Grace Kelly with renewed appreciation now. 

This is going to sound really strange (but I'm hoping fellow Mika concert goers will get this) but I found hearing Mika's talking voice quite surreal. Of course I know his voice, I can listen to his music and watch interviews anytime I want and hear his voice. There's something very special, at least to me, in hearing Mika just talking live. He talked to the audience like we were old friends, he didn't change himself just because it was a London gig, no putting on any airs and graces (not that I'd expect him to anyway!). He was totally himself, and he seemed very happy to be so chatty with us! His regular talking voice is unique, he could recite the dictionary and I'd still be happy to hear it! 

Does that make sense? Anyone else feel the same after hearing him talking? 😅

Even though the Roundhouse website clearly states "NO FLAGS", I'm actually glad that some fans committed a minor felony by sneaking some pride flags in! If they hadn't then there wouldn't have been the special moment during We Are Golden when Mika took a large rainbow flag from a fan and wrapped it around his waist! It was simply perfect! Everyone was singing along by that point, my Mum included, seeing as WAG is one of her favourites! 

He disappeared behind the stage for only a quick moment and returned wearing a blue suit. Even in that small interval the Love Today shipping forecast could be heard! I had a feeling this would be the last song but my excitement at that point was on the brink of being quite overwhelming, I was getting emotional again while he was singing but I took hold of that emotion and totally owned it by ignoring the "No Standing" sign and joined in with the dancing. My Mum managed to film quite a bit of Love Today, again another of her favourites. Of course Mika had to have a slight malfunction with his electric pack attached to his trousers! (with all that jumping around I'm not surprised!) I'd love the job of the lady who managed to follow him and re-attach it! For another quick moment Mika headed to the back of the stage and reappeared wearing the Resist flower cape and holding the woven crown. He went and sat on the piano (he really does love his piano too much doesn't he? 😂) he put on the crown, ordered that all the lights go out and asked "Roundhouse you know what you've got to do?!" Of course we knew what to do! Jump and dance without a care a in the world! It was a perfect ending to a perfect and very magical night. However it wasn't quite over! The remix of YoYo started and Mika danced along for a few minutes before a final wave and then he was gone. 

On the way out just before me and my Mum were heading to the door, it suddenly hit me that I had seen Mika live. I know that sounds mad, I know full well that I just sat in the Roundhouse for over 2 hours seeing with my own eyes the man I have admired for the past 15 years. With the concert being over I couldn't stop shaking and was crying all over again! Nothing but happy tears. Nothing but pure happiness that comes back to me stronger than a tidal wave every time I look at my photos and videos. I had the time of my life as a 13 year old who saw Mika for the first time in 2007, jump to 2022 and Mika has undoubtedly made me feel like a teenager again. A rainbow warrior who feels like a super hero singing Mika songs in my bedroom, once again I had the time of my life! 

The day after, me and my Mum went back to Camden to do a bit of shopping (no sneaky sightings of Mika though), we haven't been to London for 4 years, Camden hasn't changed too much, still has the cobbled-paved market where I will never learn to wear comfy shoes (my poor feet after hours of walking! 🙃). I bought a colourful shirt simply because I could imagine Mika wearing it, and a little camel figure! Spent the evening in Covent Garden, and bought yet another tiny camel! 😅
Time to go home the day after and as the train got further and further from London, and realising I was getting further from Mika, the PMD began to set in. I missed Mika so much but I also missed my own comfy bed. If only I could have gone straight into my house and collapsed into blissful sleep... No such luck! The yale lock had decided to warp in the heat while we were away, and although the key worked in the main lock we could not get the front door open! So me and my Mum spent a lovely hour in the blazing sun, with no shade, singing a little Grace Kelly, a little of YoYo while waiting for an emergency lock smith to come out. 20 minutes (and £80 😤) later we were in!

Home at last, with the magical memories of Mika to savour forever! ❤ 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

OK so this really is very long (posted and deleted first just to check 😅) so I'll put it under hidden contents so the thread isn't too long either, but I hope people will still read it 😊

No Mika photos/videos here, I'll share them later.

Hide contents

Life is full of beautiful moments that we either take for granted, or pass us by far too quickly before we have time to blink. Seeing Mika at the Roundhouse is definitely the best day of my life so far, it was also beautiful. Every single moment of it. I certainly didn't take it for granted and I doubt I'll ever forget the intensity of all the emotions I felt that night. If I close my eyes now I can see Mika so vividly standing at the mic, just for a moment I'm back in that magical room, I can hear his voice and when I open my eyes again I realise that a little bit of that magic is still with me, forever embedded in my heart. And I'd like to share some of that beautiful magic with you. 

I was excited to see Mika long before the 3rd July, even when I had the booking confirmation of my tickets I still had to pinch myself that I would be seeing Mika again after a long 15 year wait! I was building myself up for a very emotional time and it still didn't feel real to me that I was seeing my idol until I was sat at my balcony seat at the Roundhouse. The staff there are simply the best! They were so accommodating regarding my Mum's mobility, two of the bar staff helped me find the right person to talk to about getting to our seats on time. I think it was Tal I spoke to and he was so kind, he was the one helping disabled fans get up to the level 2 area at 7pm on the dot! A security lady wasn't sure if we were actually allowed in so me, my Mum and the small group I was with waited for her to ask someone else for permission! (It was during this brief time that I managed to wave at @Hero!). 

We got to our seats and DJ Bestley was already doing her set. The music was loud but the venue was still relatively quiet at that time, it was a really nice atmosphere with hearing the whispers of fans behind me getting very excited themselves. I got excited when I saw Max heading back stage and then Andy getting a beer! Then I noticed a woman walking away from the stage with a clear Valentino suit bag, it looked like a white suit with flower patches all down the sides. Both me and my Mum said "Hello Mika's suit!" but the lady never looked up and Mika didn't even wear it! 😂 

I must say the DJ looked like she was living her best life! She never stopped dancing and looked exhausted when she did stop. Once her set was over music was still playing but much quieter and me and my Mum had a moment to really take it all in. As a token reminder of the night I had custom bracelets made for me and my Mum with 'Mika' on them, I kept them a surprise until concert day and I think my Mum may have cried a little (especially considering there was no official merch to buy 🙁), she didn't take it off for a long time after!

The beads are flower shaped for the Rite of Spring theme! 

20220709_105045.thumb.jpg.e35fe43842fdf4d48e8f88c1c1ea71a3.jpg

(I also wore a flower crown, which days later it still felt like it was on my head!)

The background music faded away and fans began to scream for Mika, every time the curtain twitched, another scream! 

Every second that ticked by increased my anticipation of seeing Mika burst onto the stage. My mind however seemed to block out the loudest almighty scream that came next. I didn't move an inch, I didn't dare blink, but surely my eyes were deceiving me?! Because he was there, RIGHT THERE on the stage. He appeared as a giant of a man, sitting on the piano and immediately owning the stage. This was the start of me being in awe the entire night. Mika was there and I finally believed that dreams do come true. 

It's very hard for me to pick just one favourite Mika song, there are a lot that have a special meaning for me. The setlist at the show included some of my favourites and unexpected surprises too! 

Getting started with Lollipop was the best! It got everyone jumping and I couldn't have been happier because I love live versions of this song. It's definitely in my top 5! I was beaming from ear to ear while also singing along. I would like to claim the title of "Girl with biggest smile"!, I smiled so much my cheeks hurt long afterwards but in a good way! 

Origin of Love was next and I'm so glad I got to see the anatomy suit! It's one of my favourites 😊  Of course he began to rip the parts away as he sang, revealing each organ one at a time. Revealing more of his true self with every word (then revealing his bare chest to yet more screaming). I especially loved it when he moved to sit at the piano to sing the "thank god that you found me" lines, it suddenly became very intimate, a special moment between him and the audience, everyone truly welcomed him back to London with open arms. 

He disappeared for a few moments and Max began to play some very distinct notes and I knew exactly what was coming next! Mika came back in a gorgeous pink suit, had a joke at Max for showing off and then began Big Girl. With the Roundhouse being a small venue I wasn't expecting him go over the barrier into the audience like at other gigs but that's exactly what he did! He looked happy to be amongst his fans but I'm not sure he planned ahead for getting back to the stage, the face he pulled when security had to help him back over the barrier was hilarious! 🤣
Back on the stage he told everyone in the balcony to stand up so we could dance along to the song, I'm quite a shy/reserved person but there was nothing that night stopping me from really enjoying the moment and letting myself go! 

Mika then sat at the piano and again I could feel what was was coming. The room was already bursting with an abundance of love all for one man, but that love is built up of tiny tiny loves! And love from "rainbow warriors"! Mika spoke about how when he came into London the day before and saw the city full of colour he said to his taxi driver "isn't this so much better?!" Yes, it certainly was! And my day was made so much better thanks to hearing Mika sing Tiny Love. 

I've come to realise that photographing Mika isn't so easy! (unless you have a very good camera). He just never stands still long enough and bursts into random, and rather strange dance moves! I really wanted to get a decent picture of 'The Jump' but found filming him singing Relax much easier! He must have jumped 5 or 6 times during that performance. If I could have safely jumped on the balcony I would have but taking part along with everyone else singing "take it eeeeeeasy" was really awesome! It was during Relax that I took a brief moment to close my eyes and really appreciate that this was really happening! 

Ice Cream kept the upbeat vibe going, I sang pretty loud during this song, I think the guy next to me was impressed that I hadn't lost my voice yet. Mika then sat on the piano once more and explained the meaning of YoYo before singing it. The beginning of which was acoustic, a very special performance indeed. He's had a lot of heartbreak in London, he could be a tour guide for all the places he's had his heart "shmashed with emphasis on the sh", I'd definitely pay to go on that walk! 

I really wasn't expecting Mika to sing Tomorrow, it was a really stunning performance and again I sang along to every word. And I mean EVERY word, only realising afterwards that my Mum could hear me, I never sing naughty words at home! 😅 
But my Mum was smiling throughout the whole song so really who gives a shhhh.... 🤭 

Mika packed so much energy into Popular Song, I felt every ounce of that energy myself, not once did I began to lag or feel tired, how could I when Mika was sharing that wild exuberance with everyone around him? And the adrenaline in me was only boosted when Mika noticed a fans' sign to sing Billy Brown! He talked first about not forgetting this character and "I haven't sung you for a while", which apparently sounded a little wrong 😂, but the performance was truly epic. That's the only way I can describe it, hearing Billy Brown live, a song that changed my life 15 years ago really was EPIC! 

Underwater was really special, again I took a moment to myself to really just appreciate Mika's voice at the start of the song. I didn't want to be too distracted and focused solely on him but when he got the audience to sing "Underwater" first very quietly and then as loud as possible, I just had to film it while also taking part too! The audience interaction throughout the whole night was wonderful, technically I can say I've sang with Mika (just not on stage with him 😅). Mika said how the Roundhouse was a special place because of the vibrations you feel when the audience sing together, with our loudest "Underwater" I definitely felt those vibrations!
There was a moment during this song where Mika looked directly up at the balcony where I was, I can't be sure if he saw me because of all the stage lights but in my mind I like to think that he did see me 😊 

He sat back on the piano and TALKED ABOUT CAMELS! Ok so he didn't JUST talk about camels he explained how he's working on the symphonic soundtrack for a film about a camel, how he hasn't written symphonic stuff before and it's a little scary, and then as soon as he mentioned that he got a call from Billy Porter I knew he was about to sing Who's Gonna Love Me Now? It's one of the performances that I remember so vividly. Again I just wanted to enjoy this incredibly beautiful moment but I was glad my Mum had her phone ready, only for a guy getting a drink to knock it over! (He didn't even apologise! 😠). I didn't let that little blip ruin anything for me, my eyes never really left Mika anyway! 

I continued to be in awe throughout the whole of Happy Ending, at this point I really couldn't control my emotions and cried throughout this song! (good to know I wasn't the only one!) I know Mika usually does the ending a capella and when I saw his guitarist coming towards him I composed myself enough to start filming. Mika didn't do it a capella for this performance but it was still an amazing ending to the song. Especially when I realised he very slightly changed the lyrics towards the end, he sang "I still close my eyes, I still feel that pain every day", I've been thinking about that line a lot. There's something beautifully sad about it, I'd love to know Mika's own meaning behind it.

I certainly wasn't expecting Rain. Apparently Mika was supposed to sing EMD and as much as I do love that song, Rain holds a special meaning for me, I'm so glad Mika decided to sing it! Now this song is extra special for me now I've heard it live. 
   Before Grace Kelly he spoke about saving his childhood home in London, the one with the pink door, and how it felt empty without his mother. I was really touched by his story, he talked a lot to us during the night, he was so open and honest about his feelings it makes me feel closer to him in some small way that he was happy to share his experiences of loss and love. The empathy I already feel increased tenfold, I'll listen to Grace Kelly with renewed appreciation now. 

This is going to sound really strange (but I'm hoping fellow Mika concert goers will get this) but I found hearing Mika's talking voice quite surreal. Of course I know his voice, I can listen to his music and watch interviews anytime I want and hear his voice. There's something very special, at least to me, in hearing Mika just talking live. He talked to the audience like we were old friends, he didn't change himself just because it was a London gig, no putting on any airs and graces (not that I'd expect him to anyway!). He was totally himself, and he seemed very happy to be so chatty with us! His regular talking voice is unique, he could recite the dictionary and I'd still be happy to hear it! 

Does that make sense? Anyone else feel the same after hearing him talking? 😅

Even though the Roundhouse website clearly states "NO FLAGS", I'm actually glad that some fans committed a minor felony by sneaking some pride flags in! If they hadn't then there wouldn't have been the special moment during We Are Golden when Mika took a large rainbow flag from a fan and wrapped it around his waist! It was simply perfect! Everyone was singing along by that point, my Mum included, seeing as WAG is one of her favourites! 

He disappeared behind the stage for only a quick moment and returned wearing a blue suit. Even in that small interval the Love Today shipping forecast could be heard! I had a feeling this would be the last song but my excitement at that point was on the brink of being quite overwhelming, I was getting emotional again while he was singing but I took hold of that emotion and totally owned it by ignoring the "No Standing" sign and joined in with the dancing. My Mum managed to film quite a bit of Love Today, again another of her favourites. Of course Mika had to have a slight malfunction with his electric pack attached to his trousers! (with all that jumping around I'm not surprised!) I'd love the job of the lady who managed to follow him and re-attach it! For another quick moment Mika headed to the back of the stage and reappeared wearing the Resist flower cape and holding the woven crown. He went and sat on the piano (he really does love his piano too much doesn't he? 😂) he put on the crown, ordered that all the lights go out and asked "Roundhouse you know what you've got to do?!" Of course we knew what to do! Jump and dance without a care a in the world! It was a perfect ending to a perfect and very magical night. However it wasn't quite over! The remix of YoYo started and Mika danced along for a few minutes before a final wave and then he was gone. 

On the way out just before me and my Mum were heading to the door, it suddenly hit me that I had seen Mika live. I know that sounds mad, I know full well that I just sat in the Roundhouse for over 2 hours seeing with my own eyes the man I have admired for the past 15 years. With the concert being over I couldn't stop shaking and was crying all over again! Nothing but happy tears. Nothing but pure happiness that comes back to me stronger than a tidal wave every time I look at my photos and videos. I had the time of my life as a 13 year old who saw Mika for the first time in 2007, jump to 2022 and Mika has undoubtedly made me feel like a teenager again. A rainbow warrior who feels like a super hero singing Mika songs in my bedroom, once again I had the time of my life! 

The day after, me and my Mum went back to Camden to do a bit of shopping (no sneaky sightings of Mika though), we haven't been to London for 4 years, Camden hasn't changed too much, still has the cobbled-paved market where I will never learn to wear comfy shoes (my poor feet after hours of walking! 🙃). I bought a colourful shirt simply because I could imagine Mika wearing it, and a little camel figure! Spent the evening in Covent Garden, and bought yet another tiny camel! 😅
Time to go home the day after and as the train got further and further from London, and realising I was getting further from Mika, the PMD began to set in. I missed Mika so much but I also missed my own comfy bed. If only I could have gone straight into my house and collapsed into blissful sleep... No such luck! The yale lock had decided to warp in the heat while we were away, and although the key worked in the main lock we could not get the front door open! So me and my Mum spent a lovely hour in the blazing sun, with no shade, singing a little Grace Kelly, a little of YoYo while waiting for an emergency lock smith to come out. 20 minutes (and £80 😤) later we were in!

Home at last, with the magical memories of Mika to savour forever! ❤ 

This is a great, very detailed report and helped me to relive my own memories of the night. I definitely understand what you mean about Mika talking, it's a very special thing to hear him talking so personally at a concert.:wub2:

Glad you had an amazing time and loved every minute. Your Mika bracelets were so cute!

• Thanks 1

My report here is already long and yet I go and write 6 more pages in my happiness journal! 😅

(ok so it's a small pocket diary and the pages aren't that big really, and it's basically what I've written here but a lot more personal)

Throw me a Mika bone and I'll write about him until the bones in my fingers turn to jelly, or I'll talk about him non stop until my tongue falls out!!! :lmfao:

• Like 1