Hello from Austria

CharlotteL

Hi MFC!
My name is Charlotte and I'm from Germany, currently studying in Austria.
I'm a brand new Mika fan who discovered him through Eurovision. That evening made me realize that he is the guy who wrote all the fun songs I heard on the radio as a child (and loved!). I've basically been listening to all of his albums on repeat since and I'm even dragging my best friend to the concert in Colmar on the 24th which I'm very excited about.

I've been amazed to find out about this dedicated fanclub that seems so keen on supporting Mika (and each other!) and I look forward to getting involved.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

:welcomeani: Welcome to the MFC @CharlotteL

I'm Eriko from Japan, hope you have fun at this Forum.

Here is the before thread of Colmar.

Thank you guys!! That's actually very helpful since my french is terrible for all the years I studied it at school :D

• Like 1

Hello Charlotte and welcome to the MFC. I know you will enjoy Colmar because Colmar is a special place and Mika is a wonderful performer but be aware Mika concerts are dangerous - the danger to become addicted and needing more and more concerts. Btw I´m Sabine and I live in Germany

• Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 2:12 PM, CharlotteL said:

Hi MFC!
My name is Charlotte and I'm from Germany, currently studying in Austria.
I'm a brand new Mika fan who discovered him through Eurovision. That evening made me realize that he is the guy who wrote all the fun songs I heard on the radio as a child (and loved!). I've basically been listening to all of his albums on repeat since and I'm even dragging my best friend to the concert in Colmar on the 24th which I'm very excited about.

I've been amazed to find out about this dedicated fanclub that seems so keen on supporting Mika (and each other!) and I look forward to getting involved.

Hello and welcome! I’m Lindsey from Indiana USA. I’m a fairly new fan myself, I discovered MIKA while watching the Pitch Perfect films about a year ago. I hope you have fun here and at the concert! Hope to see you around the forums 😁 It is great to be part of an active fan community like this.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2022 at 11:29 PM, Sabine64 said:

Hello Charlotte and welcome to the MFC. I know you will enjoy Colmar because Colmar is a special place and Mika is a wonderful performer but be aware Mika concerts are dangerous - the danger to become addicted and needing more and more concerts. Btw I´m Sabine and I live in Germany

Little update: My friend and I had the best time at the gig in Colmar yesterday. Even further back where we were the atmosphere was electric, everyone was having a blast. And you were absolutely right in giving me a warning, I already want to go again! :D

6d533c78-c7ec-45ad-8abb-1ceee9a9fb36.JPG

• Like 2

hi !

Such a shame I only see your post today when I'm back home from Colmar

Hope you had a great time and didn't struggle with French language too much

(Still in Colmar it's highly possible to find people speaking German)

2 hours ago, carafon said:

hi !

Such a shame I only see your post today when I'm back home from Colmar

Hope you had a great time and didn't struggle with French language too much

(Still in Colmar it's highly possible to find people speaking German)

All good, maybe we'll meet another time! No don't worry, we were fine with our school french, english and hands and feet :) Will definitely brush up on my french though before hopefully coming back next year so I can understand Mika better.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 2:50 PM, CharlotteL said:

Little update: My friend and I had the best time at the gig in Colmar yesterday. Even further back where we were the atmosphere was electric, everyone was having a blast. And you were absolutely right in giving me a warning, I already want to go again! :D

6d533c78-c7ec-45ad-8abb-1ceee9a9fb36.JPG

Wow, it seems it was a fantastic gig. If you have more pics and vids or want to write a report about it, you can do it here:

• Like 2

• 4 months later...