2022 - Mika @ Cap Roig Festival, Spain, 6 August - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

silver

16 hours ago, Paoletta said:

@Kumazzz beautiful .. but now he must rest tomorrow is the last date then he will resume on the 26th but first he must rest because he is tired poor Mika 

On the Italian  radio program Catteland Mika said he was working on August 15 but didn't explain what for.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mellody said:

I'm in Barcelona til tomorrow, so can't post much til I'm home, but maybe I can upload a few pix tonight. Great gig! Setlist a little shorter than usual, I think - he played EMD and Rain, but not BBB. Sadly also not Live your life, I had hoped for that... anyway he said he was sick and had voice problems, so maybe that's why.

He talked a lot more than he sang maybe because he was sick. Catching COVID four times is too much.

Maybe I'll write a report later. Just arrived yesterday and now I'm off to the beach on holidays so I have no time now.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Reveal hidden contents

Mika, energy and good vibes in Cap Roig

Relax, take it easy. Or, what is the same, relax and take it easy. Last night Mika showed off his famous motto at the Cap Roig Festival. The artist from Beirut, who recently presented Eurovision together with Laura Pausini, conveyed his good vibes to those who came to Calella de Palafrugell, who were not a few. In fact, the organization had long announced the 'sold out' for this concert, one of the most anticipated on the bill.

A life without reading is a boring life, without adventures and without incentives. Receive your Books newsletter every week directly in your email

“I saw a concert of his in Paris in 2018 and it was spectacular. As soon as I found out he was coming to Catalonia, I didn't doubt it for a second. It is a guaranteed show”, acknowledged one of the attendees shortly before the show began. The rest of the public seemed to agree with her, because the euphoria exploded when she appeared from the public singing Lollipop, something she did on several occasions, and it got worse as songs like Yo Yo or We are Golden were played.

Nor was the popular Big Girl missing with her 'you are beautiful' chorused by the audience at the beginning, or other songs from her most recent album, My name is Michael Holbrook, with which she began a world tour that was forced to pause for the pandemic.

Although if there was a song with which he revolutionized the audience, that was none other than Grace Kelly, the single that brought him fame in 2007 and with which he reached number 1 on the charts of different countries, including Spain.

When she released this hit, her purpose was none other than to make fun of musicians who try to reinvent themselves to be more popular. And, in fact, that is a bit of his personal brand: not forgetting his origins and always being himself. An essence that, despite his fourteen-year career and more than ten million records sold, he maintains intact and with which he impregnated the festival.

Joy and humor were the main ingredients of a show that he managed to get the audience on its feet on more than one occasion. It did not matter that the singer admitted having some hoarseness at the end of the recital. He himself apologized and explained that days ago he was sick and that he was about to cancel the performance, but that he had felt the good vibes of the attendees and that he decided to come and give everything. Be that as it may, if anything is certain, it is that Mika once again managed to put the fans in his pocket.

62ef9a96b7911.thumb.jpeg.6c1b51461d8974128d88b67add13b20f.jpeg

Wait. Did he really steal someone’s beer in that picture? :lol3:

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, Mikasister said:

He talked a lot more than he sang maybe because he was sick. Catching COVID four times is too much.

Maybe I'll write a report later. Just arrived yesterday and now I'm off to the beach on holidays so I have no time now.

I've seen a couple people refer to Mika having Covid 4 times -- where/when did he say that? I mean, that's extreme. :eek: I know he likes to exaggerate sometimes, so I hope he really hasn't had it that many times!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I've seen a couple people refer to Mika having Covid 4 times -- where/when did he say that? I mean, that's extreme. :eek: I know he likes to exaggerate sometimes, so I hope he really hasn't had it that many times!

I was shocked too! Poor thing. Just casually mentioning it like that :lol3: but it’s possible. I have colleagues who’ve had if that many times…

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I was watching the Insta Live with the last 30 minutes of the gig (starting in a middle of Happy Ending).

I was feeling that something was not as usual. Even if people were having fun, dancing and singing.

And at the end of the show Mika said something like it's a miracle that this concert took place but he didn't want to cancel it.

It was so unexpected for me that I needed a few seconds to understand what he said!

And the next day I've seen some fans comments that he had already covid 4 times. But maybe as you said, he exaggerated a bit. But definitely he was very concentrated on his voice and I was even surprised that he kept his jacket for so long. And he didn't dance as much as usual.

Definitely he needs some rest. This crazy ride of festivals in the very hot weather comes to its end.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I was watching the Insta Live with the last 30 minutes of the gig (starting in a middle of Happy Ending).

I was feeling that something was not as usual. Even if people were having fun, dancing and singing.

And at the end of the show Mika said something like it's a miracle that this concert took place but he didn't want to cancel it.

It was so unexpected for me that I needed a few seconds to understand what he said!

And the next day I've seen some fans comments that he had already covid 4 times. But maybe as you said, he exaggerated a bit. But definitely he was very concentrated on his voice and I was even surprised that he kept his jacket for so long. And he didn't dance as much as usual.

Definitely he needs some rest. This crazy ride of festivals in the very hot weather comes to its end.

He did say he got covid four times :crybaby:which made me feel so sad for him. His voice was so sweet when he was singing I kept crying except for up beat songs. And he said he was able to sing because we carried him :tears:  But the gig was fantastic. Everyone was up and dancing. And he spoke in Spanish all the time and almost not mixing it with Italian. And he danced. And he even got out of his car to chat with us and sign stuff. His smile was so bright and he didn't even look tired. I swear he is a super hero for real :swoon:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

He said it in Spanish during the concert. It didn't sound like he was joking more like it was true and it made him mad... I need to upload and share the concert sound. My internet connection is not good  where I am on holidays now but I'll be home on Wednesday night.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I think Becks or Alba told me that he said it while he had the fan on stage who was translating for him. Something like, "I'm sick, but it's not Covid, I already had that 4 times!". I understood nothing except the few things he said in English, because he spoke Spanish all the time. So nice for the Spanish fans! :wub2:

Anyway we all know how Mika is with time and numbers and all that, for years he was 11 when he started singing at the Royal Opera House, since 2019 he was 8... 2 weeks can as well be 2 days or 2 months, the album might be out before Christmas but who knows which year... :naughty: so imo the 4 times might as well have been 1 or 2 or 5. :dunno_grin: Or maybe he counted the vaccinations, if he felt sick after those too? :teehee:

I filmed what he said in English at the end of the show, but I missed the beginning, he said sth like he had problems with his voice but didn't want to cancel. I only heard from the others that he said during the gig that he was sick... I wouldn't have noticed, his voice was really good - maybe not at its very best, but there have been gigs when it was worse and he didn't talk about a possible cancellation.

Edit: 3rd time lucky, I managed to upload it! :yay:

I did notice that he seemed a bit distracted at times, kinda focused on himself, but I thought it was because he had to concentrate so much to get all the Spanish right. Maybe it was both. Also it felt so weird to me that in 2nd row next to where I was, there was a huge gap, about 6-10 unoccupied seats, although it was sold out... and before the show, security even came to me and asked to see my ticket if that's really my place, and they offered Manuela and Bea to go to the empty seats in 2nd row, because they had a wall in front of their seats, but they wouldn't allow Gabry to go there too. I suppose it might have been some VIP's who didn't turn up, but then why don't they let fans go there, especially since everyone was allowed to go to the front when Mika was on stage?! That's what Bea and Manuela did as well then, so the seats stayed empty. I considered a few times to go more to the center in my row, but only did in the end, because there were short people and a few kids in 3rd row and I was worried to block their view. Anyway of course with those empty seats Mika went a lot more to the other side of the stage, where also more people from the back had left their seats and had come to the front, so the energy over there was obviously a lot better.

Edited by mellody
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

The video upload might not work, but the light was good for photos too, and I can upload them even with bad wifi, so here they are.

Edit: just managed to upload the video, see previous post! More videos when I'm home.

20220806_223242.jpg

20220806_224619.jpg

20220806_230740.jpg

20220806_232440.jpg

20220806_232441.jpg

All the pix I took of @Anajulia on stage

20220806_233527.jpg

20220806_233529.jpg

20220806_233535.jpg

20220806_233536.jpg

Fireworks! 🎆

20220806_234459.jpg

20220806_234503.jpg

20220806_234508.jpg

Crown...

20220806_234917.jpg

...and cape! :wub2:

20220806_235200.jpg

20220806_235208.jpg

20220806_235215.jpg

20220806_235235.jpg

20220806_235237.jpg

Final!

20220806_235624.jpg

20220806_235649.jpg

20220806_235654.jpg

Edited by mellody
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Back home, so I can finally upload my videos!

Starting the show in the crowd, with Lollipop (making fun of the person who didn't recognize him, lol!):

Talk during OOL:

Talk & 2nd part of Lollipop (after OOL):

Talk before BG (what was so funny, can someone translate pls?):

Making the crowd sing during Relax:

Talk & acoustic beginning of Yoyo:

Talk during Underwater, with fan on stage to translate. I think he asked in Spanish who speaks English - well obviously those who speak English but not Spanish didn't understand that, like me. :doh: Or probably also not the 2 lovely guys from Chicago whom I met in the queue for drinks shortly before the gig, they were on holiday in Spain (Hi if you're reading this! :bye:).

More talk during Underwater, also in French:

Happy Ending Little bit of love improvisation:

Talk before EMD:

Love Today intro:

And the other video of him thanking the crowd at the end of the show, see my previous post.

Edited by mellody
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, mellody said:

Back home, so I can finally upload my videos!

Starting the show in the crowd, with Lollipop (making fun of the person who didn't recognize him, lol!):

Talk during OOL:

Talk & 2nd part of Lollipop (after OOL):

Talk before BG (what was so funny, can someone translate pls?):

Making the crowd sing during Relax:

Talk & acoustic beginning of Yoyo:

Talk during Underwater, with fan on stage to translate. I think he asked in Spanish who speaks English - well obviously those who speak English but not Spanish didn't understand that, like me. :doh: Or probably also not the 2 lovely guys from Chicago whom I met in the queue for drinks shortly before the gig, they were on holiday in Spain (Hi if you're reading this! :bye:).

More talk during Underwater, also in French:

Happy Ending Little bit of love improvisation:

Talk before EMD:

Love Today intro:

And the other video of him thanking the crowd at the end of the show, see my previous post.

Thank you very much for the videos you posted on MFC.  I really like to see when he talks between songs and many times in the recordings that part is cut off.

Talk before BG :

He says that it's the most difficult show of the winter.., he makes a mistake instead of saying summer. The public corrects him…summer…He says that he needs to speak in Spanish. He says ..needs to go to a very special place... And someone in the audience shouts out loud... Home... Mika laughs and says... Shut up you bastard! .. he repeats .. not home ... Then he says that we need to go to a place where everything is possible, where perfume is not a botanical garden, it's a place in California, a place where we can sing and dance with the people we don't know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Here is the audio of the concert. For some reason it's not loud please turn it up. It starts at 1minute 30 or so https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NeuQaJntNR1_OECv_-3jWZ_KaIwYht8S/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks a lot Anne, I listened TWICE.

It's BRILLIANT !!

• Like 3

I finally have time to write a little something here, just to say how much I loved the gig haha 😊 

Obviously, the concert was amazing, Mika had a lot of energy (even though he was sick 😓) and the audience too!! I always have a lot of fun when I go to Mika’s concerts, but this one was very special to me for many reasons… It was my first time participating in a fanaction, we held some “Welcome Mika” signs, some paper hearts and some plastic ice cream cones ☺️ And I met and talked with a few Mikafanclub members, which was really nice!! I was so glad to meet you guys!! 😊 

But what made the evening even more magical was the fact that we got to talk to Mika for a bit after the concert, and that he even signed one of my drawings, I’m so happy 🥺 It was the third time I brought a drawing with me for him to sign it, but I had never had the chance to meet him until now… it finally happened and I am still recovering from that fact hahah 😉

By the way, is anyone able to read his handwriting?? 😅 I feel kinda stupid about this, but I can’t figure out what he wrote apart from his signature, so I would be really grateful if anyone could help me read it 😅😅 

8872C9BF-7733-42DA-A066-FF06819BDFEE.jpeg

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Roxane said:

I finally have time to write a little something here, just to say how much I loved the gig haha 😊 

Obviously, the concert was amazing, Mika had a lot of energy (even though he was sick 😓) and the audience too!! I always have a lot of fun when I go to Mika’s concerts, but this one was very special to me for many reasons… It was my first time participating in a fanaction, we held some “Welcome Mika” signs, some paper hearts and some plastic ice cream cones ☺️ And I met and talked with a few Mikafanclub members, which was really nice!! I was so glad to meet you guys!! 😊 

But what made the evening even more magical was the fact that we got to talk to Mika for a bit after the concert, and that he even signed one of my drawings, I’m so happy 🥺 It was the third time I brought a drawing with me for him to sign it, but I had never had the chance to meet him until now… it finally happened and I am still recovering from that fact hahah 😉

By the way, is anyone able to read his handwriting?? 😅 I feel kinda stupid about this, but I can’t figure out what he wrote apart from his signature, so I would be really grateful if anyone could help me read it 😅😅 

I think that over his signature there is a winged heart and under the signature a little heart. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lormare73 said:

I think that over his signature there is a winged heart and under the signature a little heart. 

Ahhh yes that’s probably it!! Thank you so much haha 😊 I was really not able to understand anything 😆😅

• Like 1

Cap Roig’s concert was so amazing! :wub2: The location was spectacular, it was part of the botanical garden, next to the castle from which you could see an incredible view, overlooking the sea. In the afternoon, with my friends, I attended the band rehearsals and I visited the beautiful garden and in the evening we met with the other MFCrs, near the castle, we ate and drank and we went together to the concert. :group_hug: Mika and his band and the audience were full of energy. :cheer: I had a lot of fun and excited. I loved once again, acoustic Yo Yo, the ending of Happy Ending and... Everything from the beginning to the end. I’m having an unforgettable summer thanks to them. :cloud: After the concert, Mika stayed with us for a while and was as kind and helpful as ever. :mikalove: 

I share some videos and photos:

1659903621067.jpg

1659906823079.jpg

1659903736977.jpg

1659905191240.jpg

1659902112910.jpg

1659904739444.jpg

1659906752359.jpg

1659902059897.jpg

1659906518127.jpg

1659906456654.jpg

1659904040384.jpg

1659904869368.jpg

1659904802815.jpg

Screenshot_20220807-185703_Gallery (2).jpg

Screenshot_20220807-193848_Gallery (2).jpg

Screenshot_20220807-194113_Gallery (2).jpg

Polish_20220808_015119688.jpg

20220807_090323(0).jpg

1659907105050.jpg

20220806_133153(0).jpg

20220806_130021.jpg

20220806_125629.jpg

20220806_125934.jpg

Screenshot_20220807-075156_Twitter.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Megustaelpulpo said:

Thank you very much for the videos you posted on MFC.  I really like to see when he talks between songs and many times in the recordings that part is cut off.

Talk before BG :

He says that it's the most difficult show of the winter.., he makes a mistake instead of saying summer. The public corrects him…summer…He says that he needs to speak in Spanish. He says ..needs to go to a very special place... And someone in the audience shouts out loud... Home... Mika laughs and says... Shut up you bastard! .. he repeats .. not home ... Then he says that we need to go to a place where everything is possible, where perfume is not a botanical garden, it's a place in California, a place where we can sing and dance with the people we don't know.

"¡Callate cabron!" :lmfao:It was hilarious and the whole audience was cracked up :lmfao:

I recorded all the sound if you want to listen again to what he said.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NeuQaJntNR1_OECv_-3jWZ_KaIwYht8S/view?usp=drivesdk

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 4

El Periódico - Castellano

Mika, una nube de azúcar ‘pink’ en Cap Roig

Mika Festival de Cap Roig (6-8-2022) JORDI BIANCIOTTO

David Borrat / Efe

El cantante libanés Mika, entre el público, en el concierto del sábado en el Festival de Cap Roig.

Habríamos podido pensar que su momento ya pasó, pero Mika ha logrado retener los focos sumando a su dimensión de cantante y creador de tonadas la de entertainer y figura del espectáculo, capaz de ejercer de juez en la versión francesa de La Voz y en el italiano X Factor, y de copresentador en Eurovisión. De ahí sale una criatura escénica llamativa, con su desparpajo, su punto de kitsch y su colección de nubes de azúcar pop, que pudimos paladear este sábado en su estreno en el Festival de Cap Roig.

Pero Mika no quiere limitarse a salir a recorrer una serie de canciones, sino que se propone camelarse al público con sus gags y ocurrencias, como la de empezar a cantar el primer tema, Lollipop, desde el asiento de platea en el que llevaba un rato discretamente sentado. Y envolviendo el repertorio en un aura de estado mental, allí donde los corazones de color rosa (en escena y entre el público, en cartones y globos) evocan un mundo plástico identificable. «El pink es una filosofía», llegó a decir, apuntando a aquellos momentos en que sospechas que «la vida es una mierda y necesitas bailar».

La herencia de Mercury

Hubo danza y algarabía, sí, en torno a ese cancionero de colorines, que tanto mira hacia la dinámica electro-pop (Origin of love) como al melodrama rococó heredero de Queen: ahí estuvo Tiny love, una de las dos únicas menciones a su último álbum, My name is Michael Holbrook, lanzado justo antes de la pandemia. Préstamos bastante visibles: Ice cream sonó muy Prince.

Hubo un tema más reciente, Yo-yo, publicado el pasado mayo, que condujo el concierto hacia un estado más introspectivo, junto con Underwater, cuando explicó que su voz podía estar «una mica més feble» (dijo en catalán ayudándose de una traductora subida del patio de butacas) por causa de un episodio de covid-19 (el cuarto, aseguró). Apenas se apreció esa debilidad, hay que decir.

Mika tiene repertorio para sostener un concierto (con puntos anclaje como Relax, take it easy o Boum boum boum), pero no confió solo en sus temas, sino en la simpatía y la conexión natural con el público. Ahí hubo desequilibrio. Solo interpretó 14 canciones en algo más de 90 minutos, algunas muy estiradas o entremezcladas con sus monólogos sobre su madre o sus intercambios lingüísticos en Sitges. Como si el hit principal fuera él mismo, aunque, a la postre, nade pudo rivalizar con la montaña rusa de Grace Kelly, encendiendo el tramo final con su falsete infinito.

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

Mika Cap Roig Festival (6-8-2022) JORDI BIANCIOTTO

David Borrat / Efe

The Lebanese singer Mika, in the audience, at the concert on Saturday at the Cap Roig Festival.

We might have thought that his moment has passed, but Mika has managed to retain the spotlight by adding to his dimension as a singer and creator of tunes that of an entertainer and figure of the show, capable of acting as a judge in the French version of The Voice and in the Italian X Factor, and co-presenter at Eurovision. From there comes a striking stage creature, with his self-confidence, his point of kitsch and his collection of pop sugar clouds, which we were able to savor this Saturday at its premiere at the Cap Roig Festival.

But Mika does not want to limit himself to going out to cover a series of songs, but rather intends to charm the public with his gags and occurrences, such as starting to sing the first song, Lollipop, from the audience seat where he had been for a while. discreetly seated. And wrapping the repertoire in an aura of state of mind, where pink hearts (on stage and in the audience, on cardboard and balloons) evoke an identifiable plastic world. "Pink is a philosophy," he went on to say, pointing to those moments when you suspect that "life is s**t and you need to dance."

Mercury's heritage

There was dance and hubbub, yes, around that colorful songbook, which looks both towards dynamic electro-pop (Origin of love) and the rococo melodrama heir to Queen: there was Tiny love, one of the only two mentions of his latest album, My name is Michael Holbrook, released just before the pandemic. Quite visible borrowings: Ice Cream sounded very Prince.

There was a more recent song, Yo-yo, published last May, which led the concert to a more introspective state, along with Underwater, when he explained that his voice could be "a weaker mica" (he said in Catalan with the help of a translator rise from the stalls) due to an episode of covid-19 (the fourth, he assured). That weakness was hardly appreciated, it must be said.

Mika has a repertoire to hold a concert (with anchor points like Relax, take it easy or Boum boum boum), but she didn't rely only on her songs, but on sympathy and natural connection with the public. There was an imbalance there. She only performed 14 songs in just over 90 minutes, some very stretched out or interspersed with her monologues about her mother or her linguistic exchanges in Sitges. As if the main hit were himself, although, in the end, no one could rival Grace Kelly's roller coaster, lighting up the final stretch with his infinite falsetto.

page 38

page-38.thumb.jpg.39c9ebac8e9f42893a841f6bd4b547a3.jpg

Mika, rodeado de público, en un momento de su actuación en Cap Roig, el sábado.

5d37dcc7-81ee-4044-a51e-46bc4a0d3c09_alta-libre-aspect-ratio_default_0.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
update
  • Like 3

On 8/10/2022 at 7:38 PM, Roxane said:

The drawing is fantastic. I don't know if we could talk. My friend and I shared the hearts and the "Welcome Mika" papers. I met some MFCers the ones I knew from other gigs but I don't know you :dunno_grin:

• Like 2