2022 - Mika @ Cap Roig Festival, Spain, 6 August - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

silver

11 hours ago, Mikasister said:

The drawing is fantastic. I don't know if we could talk. My friend and I shared the hearts and the "Welcome Mika" papers. I met some MFCers the ones I knew from other gigs but I don't know you :dunno_grin:

Thank you!! 😊 I think we actually might have talked, but I didn’t know it was you 😅 Are you the one who explained to me that you went to a concert in France where everyone was supposed to be seated, like in Cap Roig, and that when you stood up because Mika’s concerts are more fun while standing up, the people behind you complained? 😅

Edited by Roxane

1 hour ago, Roxane said:

Thank you!! 😊 I think we actually might have talked, but I didn’t know it was you 😅 Are you the one who explained to me that you went to a concert in France where everyone was supposed to be seated, like in Cap Roig, and that when you stood up because Mika’s concerts are more fun while standing up, the people behind you complained? 😅

No, it wasn't me. 

21 minutes ago, Roxane said:

Ah okay then we probably didn’t talk haha 😅

Ohhhh sorrryyyy. Yesss it was me :doh: When I read your post I was thinking about a recent concert in France and the one I told you  took place in 2015. I just got back from vacation and I'm a little confused :naughty: You know whart? I don't remember your face now :facepalm:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikasister said:

Ohhhh sorrryyyy. Yesss it was me :doh: When I read your post I was thinking about a recent concert in France and the one I told you  took place in 2015. I just got back from vacation and I'm a little confused :naughty: You know whart? I don't remember your face now :facepalm:

Ahh okayy hahahah that’s alright 😂 

Well, I'm going to say a few words about the concert. As melody said, it was a great concert, not his best, maybe because his voice was not 100 percent due to covid, as he  said it. He talked a lot and sang, in my opinion, few songs. I missed songs from the album "No place in heaven" and he repeated the usual ones. Lollipop.BG Relax GK etc.. :sweatdrop: but with variations and with a lot of show included in those songs.I guess these are the songs that most people knew because when he sang "Tiny Love" or "Yoyo" some people around me didn't have a clue about those songs but despite everything, the crowd was very dedicated and made Mika happy and he showed it with his smiles and hitting his heart with his hand as a sign of gratitude. That was beautiful. :cloud:

The organization was lousy. People didn't stay in their seats as many people who had tickets behind us, stood up in front of the stage. After the concert we asked some of the security why they let people rush onto the stage and they told us that Mika had demanded that there be no security in the aisle in front of the stage because he knew his fans and they didn't need security. I don't know if that's true because sometimes security say one thing for another.

Anyway. I think one of the best moments of the concert was the m&g. He stopped to sign, we were able to talk to him, even though he was not at his best. I was able to exchange a few words with him and he told me, you know I like flowers. But this is another story that I am not in the mood to tell right now.

And finally I could meet some lovely MFCers I didn't know in person. @Prisca @Hero @crazyaboutmika@Roxane(although I don't remember her face now) :blush: many others I didn't  know their names and also some other MFCers I did know from other gigs @mellody @Gabry74 . It was nice to see all of you.

He signed  me a Hofmann I have from Revelation Tour. The signature was not as beautiful as the last time he signed me, but considering that he stopped and talked to us not being very well is enough to say. THANK YOU MIKA! 

Now I'm only waiting for the new tour with the new album and hoping he'll come back to Barcelona and Madrid. 

298358733_593558505771505_5948319433787610079_n.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mikasister said:

And finally I could meet some lovely MFCers I didn't know in person. @Prisca @Hero @crazyaboutmika@Roxane(although I don't remember her face now) :blush: many others I didn't  know their names and also some other MFCers I did know from other gigs @mellody @Gabry74 . It was nice to see all of you.

It was a pleasure to see you again and I hope to see you again soon in the new tour! :hug:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Well, I'm going to say a few words about the concert. As melody said, it was a great concert, not his best, maybe because his voice was not 100 percent due to covid, as he  said it. He talked a lot and sang, in my opinion, few songs. I missed songs from the album "No place in heaven" and he repeated the usual ones. Lollipop.BG Relax GK etc.. :sweatdrop: but with variations and with a lot of show included in those songs.I guess these are the songs that most people knew because when he sang "Tiny Love" or "Yoyo" some people around me didn't have a clue about those songs but despite everything, the crowd was very dedicated and made Mika happy and he showed it with his smiles and hitting his heart with his hand as a sign of gratitude. That was beautiful. :cloud:

The organization was lousy. People didn't stay in their seats as many people who had tickets behind us, stood up in front of the stage. After the concert we asked some of the security why they let people rush onto the stage and they told us that Mika had demanded that there be no security in the aisle in front of the stage because he knew his fans and they didn't need security. I don't know if that's true because sometimes security say one thing for another.

Anyway. I think one of the best moments of the concert was the m&g. He stopped to sign, we were able to talk to him, even though he was not at his best. I was able to exchange a few words with him and he told me, you know I like flowers. But this is another story that I am not in the mood to tell right now.

He signed  me a Hofmann I have from Revelation Tour. The signature was not as beautiful as the last time he signed me, but considering that he stopped and talked to us not being very well is enough to say. THANK YOU MIKA! 

Now I'm only waiting for the new tour with the new album and hoping he'll come back to Barcelona and Madrid. 

298358733_593558505771505_5948319433787610079_n.jpg

Thank you for reporting your experience. A clarification, Mika says that he was sick but that he was'nt covid. That he already had it 4 times.

There were unpleasant comments about that subject on social networks.  People criticized Mika for being with the public if he had covid.  Therefore, I would like to clarify it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Megustaelpulpo said:

Thank you for reporting your experience. A clarification, Mika says that he was sick but that he was'nt covid. That he already had it 4 times.

There were unpleasant comments about that subject on social networks.  People criticized Mika for being with the public if he had covid.  Therefore, I would like to clarify it.

I know I know he wasn't sick with covid that day but thanks for your clarification. :wink2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Mikasister said:

:hug:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Mikasister said:

I don't know if it's true, of course, but it's quite possible. :original:In Sardinia, the security didn't allow people to stand in front of the stage. Mika went to the audience there not only once, but twice. The second time was during Ice Cream and he also continued to stay there while he sang Boom Boom Boom and went only after that back on stage. And on the second last song (I think it was) he said that he wouldn't continue to sing until the security allowed people to come in front of the stage. :original:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

I don't know if it's true, of course, but it's quite possible. :original:In Sardinia, the security didn't allow people to stand in front of the stage. Mika went to the audience there not only once, but twice. The second time was during Ice Cream and he also continued to stay there while he sang Boom Boom Boom and went only after that back on stage. And on the second last song (I think it was) he said that he wouldn't continue to sing until the security allowed people to come in front of the stage. :original:

Ahh then it was probably true in Cap Roig. Knowing what Mika thinks about it I know what I have to do next gig. :naughty:

• Like 2

Just now, Mikasister said:

Ahh then it was probably true in Cap Roig. Knowing what Mika thinks about it I know what I have to do next gig. :naughty:

Yes, be prepared to run to the stage as soon as you see someone else doing so. 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Yes, be prepared to run to the stage as soon as you see someone else doing so. 😅

Yeah, people say that it will happen at the Italian gigs as well, and I believe it for the arenas, but not sure about the theatre gigs? I somehow can't imagine it there. :dunno: Tho I wouldn't mind, my ticket in Verona is at the very side, so there's room for improvement. :teehee: 

So what did he say exactly about Covid and being ill etc.? Can someone pls translate the video where he has the fan on stage? I understood nothing of that, and I've read different versions of what he said, so an exact translation of the whole part would be fab. :blush: I posted the video earlier in this thread, hopefully the sound is clear enough so someone can translate?

• Like 2

Just now, mellody said:

Yeah, people say that it will happen at the Italian gigs as well, and I believe it for the arenas, but not sure about the theatre gigs? I somehow can't imagine it there. :dunno:

I've heard the same: that's going to happen for the arenas and not sure what is going to happen for the theatres. I think that everywhere we should be prepared for the fact that people might run to the front...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Yeah, people say that it will happen at the Italian gigs as well, and I believe it for the arenas, but not sure about the theatre gigs? I somehow can't imagine it there. :dunno: Tho I wouldn't mind, my ticket in Verona is at the very side, so there's room for improvement. :teehee: 

So what did he say exactly about Covid and being ill etc.? Can someone pls translate the video where he has the fan on stage? I understood nothing of that, and I've read different versions of what he said, so an exact translation of the whole part would be fab. :blush: I posted the video earlier in this thread, hopefully the sound is clear enough so someone can translate?

Translation:

We have a little tradition at the end of this song but not today. Three days ago I have been sick normal, covid 4 times is enough but I lost my voice and I was scared for tonight. I'm afraid tonight that my voice is weaker than normal. I'm very sorry because it's something I don't like. I feel sorry. So if I need help instead of stopping singing you will help me. Gracias!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Oh, it reminds me Philharmonie de Paris - the second evening for "encore" . There was a rush towards the stage :lol3:

I realised it ages later and stayed in my place. :lmfao:

Edited by Prisca
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, Mikasister said:

It was lovely to finally meet you too, and dance with you in the aisle! :hug: I hope he does return to Barcelona or Madrid, 

The Cap Roig concert was fantastic! Despite his illness, he was in sparkling form, the performance was great, lively, touching, emotional, joyful - everything we expect from Mika. 😍 There was a good, positive energy between him and the audience. The crowd weren't as manic as at some gigs, the atmosphere seemed more relaxed but there were good vibes all round. 🥰 Maybe it's my own perspective because this was a last minute trip that just 4 days earlier wasn't going to happen, but there certainly seemed to be something special in the air that night. 

At the end of the concert, the Yoyo remix played and he danced with the band on stage, as the crowd danced with him. Then they waved goodbye and danced off stage, with the crowd still dancing thinking that was it. Then all of a sudden, out of nowhere *BAM* Mika came running back on stage with his guitarist, who wanted to dance some more. Honestly, the look of sheer joy on Meek's face at having a dance buddy, the look of "YEAH I'm BACK hahaha!" was just adorable. It was one of those moments where you felt you'd give him the earth if he could just have that sheer joy and freedom for another 10 seconds. A brilliant end to the concert. 😍

And coming out to greet the waiting fans afterwards was so lovely. It's always nice, but considering he was ill, had just given a full on show, and was due to do it all again 2 nights later, it was very sweet of him to stop and speak to us. ❤ Even if it was 2 hours later... 😴 🤭

And what a beautiful venue! Good food, good wine (hello Chandon Garden Spritz, welcome into my life 😋) gardens, castle, and absolutely stunning views across the coast and out to sea. 

So, er... can we do it all again please? :glasses::cheer:

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...