Mika Composes Soundtrack for New Film "Princes of the Desert" (formerly "TEHU")

Kumazzz

21 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

Twitter

Happy to announce the release date for one of our recent projects, Zodi and Tehu, Friends of the Desert. February 2023, this will be released in theatres.

Hmm. Interesting. The tweet is in English but the title is still in French. So I suppose it's all about the French release.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

FACEBOOK

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=658054512674326

Zodi & Tehu

Check out the trailer for “Zodi and Téhu, princes of the desert” by Eric Barbier, with Alexandra Lamy, Yassir Drief, Youssef Hajdi and the soundtrack of course by me!

A brief synopsis of the film… Zodi, a 12-year-old Berber boy, discovers an orphan baby camel in the desert, takes him in, feeds him and calls him Tehu. He becomes his best friend. Zodi learns from a veterinarian, Julia, that Tehu is an exceptional runner and that he can make a lot of money for his tribe, but the qualities of his young camel catch the attention of Tarek, a poacher in the region. To prevent Tehu from being sold, Zodi decides to flee and cross the Sahara. It is during this journey that Zodi will face Tarek, survive a sandstorm and cross the sea of salt with the ultimate goal of entering Tehu in the world’s largest camel race in Abu Dhabi. With Julia’s help, Zodi will try to succeed in fulfilling his dream of making Tehu a champion and saving his tribe.

Zodi, un jeune nomade de 12 ans, découvre dans le désert un bébé dromadaire orphelin. Il le recueille, le nourrit, le baptise Tehu et devient son meilleur ami. Zodi apprend par une vétérinaire, Julia, que Tehu est un coureur exceptionnel et qu’il peut rapporter beaucoup d’argent à sa tribu. Mais les qualités de son jeune dromadaire suscitent la convoitise de Tarek le braconnier de la région. Pour éviter que Tehu ne soit vendu, Zodi décide alors de s’enfuir et de traverser le Sahara. C’est pendant ce voyage que Zodi affrontera Tarek, survivra à une tempête de sable et traversera la mer de sel avec pour ultime objectif d’inscrire Tehu à la plus grande course de dromadaires au monde à Abu Dhabi. Avec l’aide de Julia, Zodi va se démener pour réaliser son rêve, faire de Tehu un champion et sauver sa tribu.

MIKA YouTube

Zodi & Tehu - Trailer

Check out the trailer for “Zodi and Téhu, princes of the desert” by Eric Barbier, with Alexandra Lamy, Yassir Drief, Youssef Hajdi and the soundtrack of course by me!

A brief synopsis of the film… Zodi, a 12-year-old Berber boy, discovers an orphan baby camel in the desert, takes him in, feeds him and calls him Tehu. He becomes his best friend. Zodi learns from a veterinarian, Julia, that Tehu is an exceptional runner and that he can make a lot of money for his tribe, but the qualities of his young camel catch the attention of Tarek, a poacher in the region. To prevent Tehu from being sold, Zodi decides to flee and cross the Sahara. It is during this journey that Zodi will face Tarek, survive a sandstorm and cross the sea of salt with the ultimate goal of entering Tehu in the world’s largest camel race in Abu Dhabi. With Julia’s help, Zodi will try to succeed in fulfilling his dream of making Tehu a champion and saving his tribe.

Zodi, un jeune nomade de 12 ans, découvre dans le désert un bébé dromadaire orphelin. Il le recueille, le nourrit, le baptise Tehu et devient son meilleur ami.

Zodi apprend par une vétérinaire, Julia, que Tehu est un coureur exceptionnel et qu’il peut rapporter beaucoup d’argent à sa tribu. Mais les qualités de son jeune dromadaire suscitent la convoitise de Tarek le braconnier de la région. Pour éviter que Tehu ne soit vendu, Zodi décide alors de s’enfuir et de traverser le Sahara. C’est pendant ce voyage que Zodi affrontera Tarek, survivra à une tempête de sable et traversera la mer de sel avec pour ultime objectif d’inscrire Tehu à la plus grande course de dromadaires au monde à Abu Dhabi. Avec l’aide de Julia, Zodi va se démener pour réaliser son rêve, faire de Tehu un champion et sauver sa tribu.

#ericbarbier #zodiandtehu #zodiettéhufrèresdudésert #zodiettéhu #zodiandtehubrothersofthedesert

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/14/2022 at 1:19 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Looks like the movie will have its avant-premiere the 30th of December 2022 in some cinemas in France.

Nice : Pathé Gare du Sud 

Dijon: Cinéma Olympia 

Brest: Multiplexe Liberté 

Nivillac: La Couronne

Châtellerault: Cinéma Loft 

Blois: Cap Ciné 

Valenciennes: Gaumony 

Paray-Le-Monial: Empire 

image.thumb.png.adc33f791a08d22edfae63f83a472aab.png

What does that mean exactly? Is it usual to do "avant-premières" for a film? And is it only for a certain audience (but what speaks against this is that the prices are given for adults and children)? 🤔

10 minutes ago, Prisca said:

What does that mean exactly? Is it usual to do "avant-premières" for a film? And is it only for a certain audience (but what speaks against this is that the prices are given for adults and children)? 🤔

Yes sometimes it is done. Maybe it'a a way to test how much audience they will get before the actual release in February?

I wish I could go to Brest to see it but I would have to take an afternoon off to be able to. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

image.thumb.png.b9c80264138bb3c3d6ac142bb4f7e87d.png

When I was in London in November I went to Victoria & Albert Museum.

In the library there were badges made of some sort of metal with this "tiny love" sign. On the tag they said it is a Korean sign of love.

I didn't buy it... Now I regret a little. Maybe next time?

EDIT: I found a photo. It costs 6 pounds. 

image.thumb.png.a0e02751d459a4325fde094446b61ee8.png

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Look at this!

image.thumb.png.b9c80264138bb3c3d6ac142bb4f7e87d.png

And I wonder why Mika's name is on the screen. A documentary?

image.thumb.png.a74e312f146e26f6e167baadcc19bf32.png

I wonder if the pillow was a fan gift... looks like it might be. :)

As for Mika's name on the screen. I think what they're doing here is to create a MIDI version of the soundtrack, which would later be recorded with real instruments. From what I can see, they're working with Logic Pro, they have one film track there and lots of MIDI tracks, so they can synchronize the sound with the video. I could imagine that the video has Mika's name as a watermark on it, because they had to send out those files waaay before the release of the movie. That way they can avoid illegal copies. Or maybe it's just at the beginning of the file, like a title, or it is a marker to tell Mika "add your music at this point of the video". In any case I think this was just for the soundtrack. But ofc I wouldn't mind if they did a documentary anyway. :biggrin2:

• Like 6

I'm going to be able to go watch it on December 30th :wootjump:

it is playing at a theater that is about 15 minutes drive from where I live and I asked and got my afternoon off and even the day off :thumb_yello:

I'm so happy :cloud:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 10

Wow I'm so happy that it's been played in so many theaters now.

I think I'm going to go to Strasbourg since I'm home for the holidays anyway.

Would anyone like to join me?

(This is probably not the right thread, feel free to move it. Should we open a "before the show" one? 😅)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

Wow I'm so happy that it's been played in so many theaters now.

I think I'm going to go to Strasbourg since I'm home for the holidays anyway.

Would anyone like to join me?

(This is probably not the right thread, feel free to move it. Should we open a "before the show" one? 😅)

Yes I was thinking the same about opening a threadi :hi5:

I already bought my tick for Lorient which is about 15 to 20 minutes drive to where I live depending on the traffic but I will go early because it's always difficult to park there as it is a town cinema with no dedicates parking spots and even more around the holidays. But I ended up having my day off even though I had only asked for the afternoon off :thumb_yello:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2

On 12/4/2022 at 8:39 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I will be in Paris the 11-12 of February 2023 to watch the movie.

If you would like to come as well we can organize a MFCers "screening"!!!!!

I'm in. :biggrin2:

On 11/15/2022 at 6:51 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Of course in my dreams I see some invitations for the premiere sent by Mika to MFC.

I've the same dream! :biggrin2: Then I would be in for that. :biggrin2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmyYF2oqGWp/

#ZodiEtTéhuFrèresDuDésert, une grande aventure à vivre en famille, aujourd'hui en avant-première dans toute la France 🐪🏜️
Rendez-vous dans le cinéma le plus proche de chez vous !

Twitter

https://zodiettehu-lefilm.com/

• Like 7

Guys I'm just back from the premiere!

I loved it, it's a great movie. It's sweet and funny and it looks stunning.

The soundtrack is wonderful and suits the movie really well. There are 2 (or 3??) songs sung by Mika and they're very good. One of them is "feels like fire" which we've heard snippets of. But I think my favourite is the one that‘s a bit more fast-paced.

I don‘t want to spoil anything but feel free to ask anything else :)

And I hope the movie will be released internationally!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, CharlotteL said:

Guys I'm just back from the premiere!

I loved it, it's a great movie. It's sweet and funny and it looks stunning.

The soundtrack is wonderful and suits the movie really well. There are 2 (or 3??) songs sung by Mika and they're very good. One of them is "feels like fire" which we've heard snippets of. But I think my favourite is the one that‘s a bit more fast-paced.

I don‘t want to spoil anything but feel free to ask anything else :)

And I hope the movie will be released internationally!

https://www.movies.ch/fr/film/zodiettehu/

It's going to be released on Feb 8 in Switzerland but I can't find anything about Italy. :mellow:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, SusanT said:

https://www.movies.ch/fr/film/zodiettehu/

It's going to be released on Feb 8 in Switzerland but I can't find anything about Italy. :mellow:

Well we only have information for releases in french speaking countries so I guess it depends on whether it will be dubbed / subbed in other languages.

Wouldn't it be unusual for that to happen later though? Don't movies usually get dubbed right away and are released simultaneously in all countries?

Apparently there's a 2nd song, I saw this in an IG story, a video from the cinema screen:

Screenshot_20221231_000955_Instagram.jpg

a bit hard to read, but I think the first song is called "No time to leave", and the other 2 are "Feels like fire" (probably meaning the orchestra bit during the movie and the actual song at the end).

2 new Mika songs to look forward to! :excite:

• Like 7