Mika Composes Soundtrack for New Film "Princes of the Desert" (formerly "TEHU")

Kumazzz

AlloCiné

https://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefilm-296074/casting/

Casting Zodi et Téhu, frères du désert

Réalisateurs

• Eric Barbier

Scénaristes

• Jennifer Devoldere
  • Eric Barbier

Acteurs et actrices

• Alexandra Lamy
  • Yassir Drief
  • Youssef Hajdi
  • Said Bey
  • Nadia Benzakour
  • Pierre Hancisse
  • Amine Ennaji
  • Antonythasan Jesuthasan

Soundtrack

• Compositeur Mika

Production

• Coproducteur Farid Lahouassa
  • Coproducteur Aïssa Djabri
  • Coproducteur Thierry Desmichelle
  • Coproducteur Rémi Jimenez
  • Coproducteur Ségolène Dupont

Equipe technique

Sociétés

• Production Vertigo Productions
  • Distribution SND
  • Production SND

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoK2rJeskgX/

Zodi et Tehu - Princes of the Desert soundtrack is out tomorrow! What an incredible journey it has been writing my first ever film soundtrack! Almost 70 minutes of symphonic music featuring over 130 musicians from all over the world. The album will be released tonight at midnight on all platforms and feature 19 new songs including the brand new duet ‘Feels Like Fire’ featuring the incredible @iamnomfundomoh

So proud of this project and hope you will love it as much as we do. ❤️🙏

328575487_944133436952898_6338398729732691863_n.jpg

328530283_753342535850567_5705763872246074194_n.jpg

328711455_200775075872338_983775063111949750_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Twitter

Zodi et Tehu - Princes of the Desert soundtrack is out tomorrow!

What an incredible journey it has been writing my first ever film soundtrack!

Almost 70 minutes of symphonic music featuring over 130 musicians from all over the world. The album will be released tonight at midnight on all platforms and feature 19 new songs including the brand new duet ‘Feels Like Fire’ featuring the incredible #NomfundoMoh

So proud of this project and hope you will love it as much as we do.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/31/2023 at 6:58 AM, Kumazzz said:

Sadly

deleted the second tweet that Mika speak on the stage, I don't know why. :dunno:

But luckily I saved it :thumb_yello:
Could anyone please translate his speech ? Thank you. 💖

Yassir Drief IG story

https://www.instagram.com/stories/yassirdriefofficial_/3029472261702221379/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

UGC

Le Mag by UGC - février 2023

https://www.calameo.com/read/0052462056acb4dd3c370

Page 9

SORTIE LE 8 FÉVRIER ZODI ET TÉHU, FRÈRES DU DÉSERT

Après nous avoir conté l’histoire troublée du Burundi dans Petit Pays (2020), Éric Barbier nous transporte au cœur du désert marocain. C’est là, sous la chaleur écrasante du soleil, que naît l’improbable amitié entre un jeune garçon nommé Zodi (Yassir Drief) et Téhu, un bébé dromadaire doté d’un don pour la course. Au fil d’une intrigue qui mêle avec brio le frisson de l’aventure et la tendresse d’un récit d’amitié universel, le réalisateur donne à voir toute la beauté et l’envergure des paysages marocains. Une aventure à vivre absolument sur grand écran, ne serait-ce que pour profiter de la fantastique bande originale composée par le talentueux Mika

:uk:

RELEASE DATE 8 FEBRUARY ZODI AND TEHU, BROTHERS OF THE DESERT

After telling us the troubled history of Burundi in Petit Pays (2020), Éric Barbier transports us to the heart of the Moroccan desert. It is there, under the scorching heat of the sun, that the improbable friendship between a young boy named Zodi (Yassir Drief) and Tehu, a baby camel with a gift for running, is born. In a plot that brilliantly combines the thrill of adventure with the tenderness of a universal tale of friendship, the director reveals the beauty and scope of the Moroccan landscape. This is an adventure that must be experienced on the big screen, if only to enjoy the fantastic soundtrack composed by the talented Mika

300140286_UGC-Illimite-LeMag-Numero04-31jv-pages-simples-300dpi-9_page-0001.thumb.jpg.e69ab4261cab3ccc3d0ed3576174ad9e.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm so excited to finally hear the full soundtrack! :cheer:

19 songs too!? I'm guessing this will be a mix of songs with lyrics and the symphonic music alone, it would be nice if there's more of Mika's voice than what we've already heard too.

Do we know if there'll be a physical copy release of the soundtrack?

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I'm so excited to finally hear the full soundtrack! :cheer:

19 songs too!? I'm guessing this will be a mix of songs with lyrics and the symphonic music alone, it would be nice if there's more of Mika's voice than what we've already heard too.

Do we know if there'll be a physical copy release of the soundtrack?

I was wondering too if Mika wanted to say 19 songs or 19 movie themes. I don't think all pieces will be with his voice,

And for the moment we don't know if there will ne a physical copy. I would like to have one.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Awww he said „thank you“ in Dutch as well! He‘s Belgian, but not all Belgians speak both French and Flemish/Dutch, wonder if he does.

• Like 3

TF1

Saturday 4/02 at 5:50 pm @TF1 @50mininside

@Alexandra_Lamy is our #Portrait of the week!

We find her in the cinema on Wednesday in an adventure comedy "Zodi and Tehu, Brothers of the Desert".

Confidences of an actress, director, committed woman and mother...

INSTAGRAM

Nikos sharing a pic.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoMZhcbNzyC/

328457597_3308117416185399_7502204110599384731_n.thumb.jpg.8f05f4c9c0aa57c0c512ee1a59311084.jpg

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoK2BDXKhFy/

SAMEDI 04 FÉVRIER - 17h50 @tf1
#50inside - L’actu
🎶 À la Une - Revenge Songs !
🎤 En intimité - @claramofficiel
📸 Le portrait - Rencontre avec @alexandralamyofficiel
🎶 La story - #Titanic
#50inside - Le Mag 🌎
🌴🐘 Le document d’Inside - #Thailande

• Like 1

INSTAGRAM

Nomfundo Moh

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoNYBJYtuo9/

A new year, same dreams, but we work harder this time! ☺️
Grateful for this beautiful, Zodi et Tehu- Princes of the Desert film soundtrack, by the great @mikainstagram and your girl titled “Feels like Fire”🔥
SA girl to the world! 🌍🧡
You can now purchase/stream it on your preferred digital store😘

2088528720_NOMFUNDOMOH(2).thumb.jpg.3024a7f7b8dd6a3b9446e7713ac174e3.jpg

1710655215_NOMFUNDOMOH(1).thumb.jpg.feb3b3428eb33a10aa67842ee2a2ff1c.jpg

1585591790_NOMFUNDOMOH(3).thumb.jpg.6da1d108c131f8c79a946bf328eac272.jpg

Charts in France

vendredi 03 février 2023 15 :42

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/MIKA/news-123895.html

Mika chante "Feels Like Fire" avec Nomfundo Moh pour le film "Zodi et Téhu"

Avant l'arrivée de son prochain album, Mika devient compositeur de musique de film à l'occasion de la sortie de "Zodi et Téhu, frères du désert" avec Alexandra Lamy. Il y partage également le titre "Feels Like Fire" avec la star sud-africaine Nomfundo Moh. A écouter sur Purecharts !

2023 sera celle des défis pour Mika ! Après avoir enflammé les charts et les scènes du monde entier, le chanteur, bientôt de retour dans "The Voice", devient compositeur de musique de film pour "Zodi et Téhu, frères du désert", au cinéma le 8 février prochain. Réalisé par Eric Barbier ("Petit Pays", "La promesse de l'aube"), le long-métrage raconte l'histoire d'un jeune nomade, Zodi, âgé de 12 ans, qui découvre un bébé dromadaire orphelin dans le désert. Devenu ami avec celui qu'il baptise Téhu, il va partir à l'aventure avec pour but de remporter la plus grande course de dromadaires au monde à Abu Dhabi dans l'espoir de sauver sa tribu. A l'écran, Alexandra Lamy ou Youssef Hajdi donneront la réplique à la jeune révélation Yassir Drief qui campe le personnage principal. Et c'est donc Mika qui en signe la bande originale !

"C'était le projet parfait"

« Je rêvais de composer de la musique de film depuis des lustres, alors quand le réalisateur Eric Barbier m'a demandé de composer la bande originale de son nouveau film, je me suis tout de suite installé dans mon appartement à Athènes et j'ai lu le scénario… C'était le projet parfait » explique Mika sur son compte Instagram, racontant alors comment il a créé les 19 titres qui composent l'album : « Après avoir passé du temps à faire des recherches avec un musicologue, à écouter et à lire pendant des semaines, j'ai finalement commencé à écrire de la musique. J'ai commencé à écrire des thèmes pour la bande originale au printemps, lors d'une tournée en Amérique du Nord. Tout a commencé à San Francisco lors de journées off entre Coachella et les concerts au Fillmore ! J'ai ensuite continué à Florence et à Paris, mettant en place plusieurs stations de travail et m'attardant à l'énorme travail de composition de 75 minutes de musique symphonique ».

En plus des pistes instrumentales qui accompagnent les aventures de "Zodi et Téhu, frères du désert", concoctées avec plus de 130 musiciens du monde entier, Mika a aussi eu l'inspiration pour donner vie à une véritable chanson intitulée "Feels Like Fire", disponible aujourd'hui à l'occasion de la sortie de la BO du film. « Love feels like fire / Every step it takes me high / And your skin / What it's for / Let the truth lead us to more / Your love, feels like fire / Your love, it feels like fire / Feels like fire, your love, it feels like fire » lance-t-il sur le refrain tribal et solaire de ce titre plein de bonnes ondes, partagé avec la chanteuse sud-africaine Nomfundo Moh. « Tellement fier de ce projet et j'espère que vous l'aimerez autant que nous » se réjouit l'artiste sur Instagram.

De quoi patienter avant l'arrivée du nouvel album en français de Mika, qui partage d'ailleurs actuellement le duo "Keep It Simple" avec Vianney.

Spoiler

Mika sings "Feels Like Fire" with Nomfundo Moh for the movie "Zodi et Téhu"

Before the arrival of his next album, Mika became a film music composer on the occasion of the release of "Zodi et Téhu, frères du désert" with Alexandra Lamy. He also shares the track "Feels Like Fire" with South African star Nomfundo Moh. Listen on Purecharts!

2023 will be one of challenges for Mika! After having ignited the charts and stages around the world, the singer, soon to be back in "The Voice", becomes a film music composer for "Zodi and Téhu, brothers of the desert", at the cinema next February 8. Directed by Eric Barbier ("Petit Pays", "La promise de l'aube"), the feature film tells the story of a young nomad, Zodi, aged 12, who discovers an orphan baby dromedary in the desert. . Becoming friends with the one he baptizes Téhu, he will set off on an adventure with the aim of winning the biggest camel race in the world in Abu Dhabi in the hope of saving his tribe. On screen, Alexandra Lamy or Youssef Hajdi will respond to the young revelation Yassir Drief who plays the main character. And it is therefore Mika who signs the soundtrack!

"It was the perfect project"

“I had dreamed of composing film music for ages, so when director Eric Barbier asked me to compose the soundtrack for his new film, I immediately moved to my apartment in Athens and I read the script... It was the perfect project," explains Mika on his Instagram account, recounting how he created the 19 tracks that make up the album: "After spending time doing research with a musicologist, listening and reading for weeks, I finally started writing music. I started writing themes for the soundtrack in the spring while touring North America. It all started in San Francisco during days off between Coachella and the concerts at the Fillmore! I then continued in Florence and Paris, setting up several workstations and dwelling on the enormous work of composing 75 minutes of symphonic music”.

In addition to the instrumental tracks that accompany the adventures of "Zodi and Téhu, brothers of the desert", concocted with more than 130 musicians from all over the world, Mika also had the inspiration to give life to a real song called "Feels Like Fire". , available today on the occasion of the release of the film's soundtrack. “Love feels like fire / Every step it takes me high / And your skin / What it's for / Let the truth lead us to more / Your love, feels like fire / Your love, it feels like fire / Feels like fire, your love , it feels like fire” he launches on the tribal and solar chorus of this title full of good vibes, shared with the South African singer Nomfundo Moh. “So proud of this project and I hope you will like it as much as we do” rejoices the artist on Instagram.

What to wait before the arrival of the new French album by Mika, who also currently shares the duet “Keep It Simple” with Vianney.

Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomfundo_Moh

Nomfundo Ngcobo (born 18 July 2000), known professionally as Nomfundoh Moh is a South African singer.

Born and raised in Ndwendwe, KwaZulu-Natal, her career began at the age of 16 in 2016.

Moh first gained recognition after releasing "Lilizela" in 2021, which received gold certification in South Africa.

Having signed a record deal with Universal Music, she rose to prominence with her debut studio album Amagama (2022), spawned with chart-topping single "Phakade Lami".

2020-present: Amagama

In September 2020, she began working on her debut studio album.

In 2020, she signed a record deal with Universal Music South Africa.

In February 2021, her breakthrough single "Lilizela" was released as album's lead single.The song was certified gold in South Africa.

In June 2021, album's second single "Umthwalo" was released.

On October 7, 2021, her third single "Phakade Lami" featuring South African singer Ami Faku and Zimbabwean-born singer Sha Sha was released.It debuted at number 1 on Metro FM Top 40 Charts and number 4 on Most Popular Radio Singles.The song was certified 4× platinum in South Africa.

On January 28, 2022, her debut studio album Amagama was released.

The album incorporated elements of Rnb, Traditional pop, and hip hop. Amagama peaked at number 7 on Spotify album's charts.

In early March 2022, Moh was featured by Apple Music on Africa Rising programme.

In April 13, she was named as the ambassador Equal Africa Ambassador by Spotify.

In May 2022, she was featured on Shay’na nge White Star campaign, which includes two dates.[20] The first show was held at Johannesburg on 12 May, and last one in Durban on 21 May.

"Phakade Lami"

featuring South African singer Ami Faku and Zimbabwean-born singer Sha Sha was released.

It debuted at number 1 on Metro FM Top 40 Charts and number 4 on Most Popular Radio Singles.

The song was certified 4× platinum in South Africa.

• Thanks 3

TF1

50'INSIDE

L'actu du 4 février 2023

https://www.tf1.fr/tf1/50-mn-inside/videos/50-inside-lactu-du-4-fevrier-2023-54103616.html

Le portrait : Alexandra Lamy

:france:

Elle est de ces actrices qui marquent les esprits par leur authenticité et leur bonne humeur. c’est dans une comédie d’aventure intitulée « Zodi et Téhu, frères du désert » que vous pourrez la retrouver dès mercredi au cinéma.

Comédienne, réalisatrice, femme engagée et mère … c’est de toutes ces facettes dont Alexandra Lamy nous parle dans le portrait de la semaine.

She is one of those actresses who leave a mark on people's minds with their authenticity and good humour. It is in an adventure comedy entitled "Zodi and Tehu, brothers of the desert" that you will be able to find her from Wednesday in the cinema.

Alexandra Lamy is an actress, a director, a committed woman and a mother... she talks about all these facets in this week's portrait.

My TikTok ( YouTube is blocked )

https://www.tiktok.com/@erikoshino1/video/7196501825510493441?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=pc&web_id=7097855201889584641

38730473_Video1_q80.thumb.jpg.d23780318cf8b13971333af8d4b1efa1.jpg

50m.mp4_000259719.thumb.png.8b4310d75b52791e9901b9207cbe79ee.png

• Like 2

Interview with Mika on Radio RTL France 5th of February 

RTL fr. Laissez-vous tenter

REPLAY

https://www.rtl.fr/programmes/laissez-vous-tenter/7900232747-l-integrale-elton-john-bat-tous-les-records-avec-sa-tournee-d-adieu-la-plus-lucrative-de-l-histoire-de-la-musique

:bow: Could anyone please translate what Mika says ? Thank you.

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1