Magic Piano tour canceled?

krysady

10 minutes ago, carafon said:

Refund organisation for the Italian 2020 shows vibes ....:teehee:

How was the refund process back in 2020? Did everyone managed to get their money back?

22 minutes ago, krysady said:

How was the refund process back in 2020? Did everyone managed to get their money back?

We did ,but after a looooooong process and many contraductory instructions !:naughty:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

If I understand correctly , people who have a ticket for Verona Arena don't need to do anything

And people with tickets for any of the other shows can ask for one in Verona 

Is that right ?

Capture verone.JPG

Edited by carafon
  • Like 2

Hi guys, I'm trying to get a refund through the link provided (Ticketone) but when I put my info in it says my ticket isn't refundable... has anyone had better luck? :(

Edited by Anna97
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Oh damn. This means when the new dates are announced we'll have the hassle of buying tickets again.  I think my head has just recovered from last time! 

Next time, at least I know I'll get worse tickets if I buy the fan tickets. 😅

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Anna97 said:

Hi guys, I'm trying to get a refund trough the link provided (Ticketone) but when I put my info in it says my ticket isn't refundable... has anyone had better luck? :(

It say starting from 1 September, so from tomorrow.

• Like 1

OK, I've been reading through the Friends & Partners page covering ticket refunds.

From what I can see, it's like Anna says below -- if you already have a ticket for Verona on 19th September and still plan to go, you do not need to do anything.

If you have a ticket for one of the other dates, and want to go to Verona on 19th September, you need to do their 4-step "check-in" process to get a seat assignment, and you will then receive a ticket based on seat availability.

It seems pretty clear and straightforward.

32 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I found this in Frequent Q&A.

If you have a ticket for Arena di Verona - you don't need to do anything.

If you have a ticket for other shows you can exchange it into Arena di Verona place.

Starting from tomorrow the 1st of September 11am.

But I will check news tomorrow.

image.thumb.png.35f8bf5a7cc010f16742b9765d2de559.png

25 minutes ago, Anna97 said:

Hi guys, I'm trying to get a refund trough the link provided (Ticketone) but when I put my info in it says my ticket isn't refundable... has anyone had better luck? :(

20 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Wait. I think it's too early to claim a refund.

Right. If you have a ticket for any of the gigs (Verona included) and you can no longer go, and you want to get reimbursed, you can start the process on Thursday, 1 September.

You can get a 100% refund through the following links before 07/09/2022:

If you bought your ticket through Ticketmaster:
https://help.ticketmaster.it/hc/it/articles/360007905958-Richiesta-di-rimborso-elenco-eventi

https://help.ticketmaster.it/hc/en-us/articles/360007905958-Refund-request-event-list

If you bought your ticket through TicketOne:
https://www.rimborso.info

You can also write to Box Office Verona:
info@boxofficelive.it

Or call: +3667787648

I'd like to write up these instructions in English and French -- I can do the English translation, does someone have time to help me with the French? I'd like to have it ready to go online tomorrow. Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Do you think logistics are the actual reason for him cancelling the Shows almost last Minute? To me it sounds so strange that logistics fail at such a late point after everything is planned... i hope he's okay :)

Edited by Perdchen
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Perdchen said:

Do you think logistics are the actual reason for him cancelling the Shows almost last Minute? To me it sounds so strange that logistics fail at such a late point after everything is planned... i hope he's okay :)

I don't think this sort of decision is taken only by Mika. 

The tour it's a huge machine engaging a lot of people, companies and money. Cancelling a tour costs a lot.

So whatever the reason is it HAD to be very important. And we don't have to know a real real reason. 

Logistics - it depends what you mean by that. Seeing an actual economic situation anything can be connected with the logistics.

Fuel, energy, bankruptcy ect. I don't know if we will ever know the real reason.

I hope Mika will post a video soon with some comments. Maybe it was a big surprise for him too. We all need time to accept the situation.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Perdchen said:

Also there might have been visa problems, or not being able to get the right paperwork for equipment shipping ....

• Like 5

I understand he wanted a big spectacular show for the arenas, but why to cancel the theaters as well? He wouldn't need much equipment and complicated production for those ones, just a piano and his band. But probably the reasons are much more complex than we think...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, krysady said:

I understand he wanted a big spectacular show for the arenas, but why to cancel the theaters as well? He wouldn't need much equipment and complicated production for those ones, just a piano and his band. But probably the reasons are much more complex than we think...

because of the concept to see the different shows in 2 days.......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I don't think this sort of decision is taken only by Mika. 

The tour it's a huge machine engaging a lot of people, companies and money. Cancelling a tour costs a lot.

So whatever the reason is it HAD to be very important. And we don't have to know a real real reason. 

Logistics - it depends what you mean by that. Seeing an actual economic situation anything can be connected with the logistics.

Fuel, energy, bankruptcy ect. I don't know if we will ever know the real reason.

I hope Mika will post a video soon with some comments. Maybe it was a big surprise for him too. We all need time to accept the situation.

Wise comments, Anna. :huglove:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, krysady said:

Yes, what @Sabine64mentioned, that he wants to do the intimate and the big concerts one after the other. And maybe also that he wants to do the concerts in all the cities mentioned and not just in some cities.

But unfortunately we also don't know if Mika is completely honest (as I have heard, it would unfortunately not be the first time).

He could also have continued the Rite of Spring in Italy in a simpler form and done the Magic Piano Tour at a later date. Finally, he did a show in Zurich in 2019 during the Revelation Tour without a stage set. But he's probably also unfortunately getting a bit fed up with the Rite of Spring show, since he's done so many. And maybe it's also the case that everything is starting to get a bit too much for him and he needs the time to do the soundtrack for the film, finish the two albums, finish the presumed tour in France, do his project in the UK, etc. That could be the reason why he is only doing one concert in Verona. I'm sure there are logistical problems, but I don't think that's the only reason he's doing only one concert in Italy now. Even if he had only done "simple" concerts in Italy without big spectacles, everyone would be less disappointed. They wouldn't have "sacrificed" their holidays for Mika, wouldn't now have flight/train tickets they can't cancel and maybe hotels they can't cancel. They would at least have something, even if not what they had expected. So they are just left with a concert in Verona where they may not be able to attend.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Anna97 said:

If someone has the ticket for Rome Auditorium, the venue has posted something about how to proceed on their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AuditoriumParcodellaMusica

:italia:

image.thumb.png.2fdbce197190281019e2c630eacab463.png

:uk:

Important information!

MIKA's concert scheduled for 3 October is postponed to a date to be determined for organisational and production reasons that would have prevented an adequate and optimal staging of the show.

Numerous attempts have been made to safeguard the integrity of the show as it was planned by the artist with his customary care and artistic and production quality, but as this could not be guaranteed in the agreed timeframe, it has had to be postponed.
A monetary refund will be provided in the following ways:

spectators who purchased their ticket on the TicketOne.it website and through the Call Centre will receive an automatic refund on the same payment instrument used at the time of purchase, without the need to make any request for reimbursement;

spectators who purchased their ticket at one of the TicketOne Points of Sale will have to apply for reimbursement by and no later than September 30, 2022, according to the procedures at www.rimborso.info;

spectators who purchased their tickets at the Auditorium Parco della Musica box office must present themselves at the same box office with their tickets in order to obtain a refund, no later than September 30, 2022.

• Like 1

I am still somewhat confused what Ticketone and Ticketmaster need to apply for a refund (so far only Rome will be an automatic refund when you bought on Ticketone.it, but I wonder about the other shows as well…). But I think we are all somewhat dazed and confused after the news yesterday. 

Fortunately we have a few days to sort it out, although I do hope both of them will give an automatic refund to prevent a lot of hassle and confusion amongst the fans for the canceled dates. 

• Like 2

I’m not sure if I should wait for the automatic refund… what if they end up not doing it and in the meantime the date for applying for refund on TicketOne passes? 

Anyway, if someone needs it these are the codes you should put in the request: 

9F5AF017-F197-4AB8-8B0F-F14E26B76B51.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3