Feels like Fire - Song and Lyrics Discussion

dcdeb

On 9/4/2022 at 3:39 PM, dcdeb said:

So after listening to the clip a hundred times, I'm going to hazard a guess that the song's title will be something like "Feels Like Fire" or "Your Love Feels Like Fire." :lol3:

I can't make out all the words -- yet -- but I hear "... got to hold. Your love, it feels like fire. Every step, it takes me higher. And your skin, on a (?)... Your love, feels like fire. Your love it feels like fire. Your love, feels like fire. Your love it feels like fire."

Yeah I defo hear feels like fire, can't  hear anything else clearly 

24 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

So after listening to the clip a hundred times, I'm going to hazard a guess that the song's title will be something like "Feels Like Fire" or "Your Love Feels Like Fire." :lol3:

I can't make out all the words -- yet -- but I hear "... got to hold. Your love, it feels like fire. Every step, it takes me higher. And your skin, on a (?)... Your love, feels like fire. Your love it feels like fire. Your love, feels like fire. Your love it feels like fire."

Now we're in the (?), cut to (?) 

Feels like fire, every step it takes me higher

And your skin, (?)

Your love, feels like fire your love it feels like fire

Your love, feels like fire your love it feels like fire... 

And it (won't?)...

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

This is what I hear:

….Ohh, I wear (?) anything

Cut the rope/road(?)

Feels like fire

Every step 

It takes me higher

And your skin

…?… it’s for

Let the truth

Begin to fall

It’s your love

Feels like fire

Your love

Feels like fire

Your love

It feels like fire

And your voice

• Like 4

3 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Cut the rope/road(?)

Got to hope?

…?… it’s for

What it's for?

Let the truth

Begin to fall

Instead of "fall" I hear something like "hope" or "more" or "whole"... and the first line could be sth like "never truly..." Maybe "never truly made you whole"?

Just guessing here, anyway I love what I hear! :wub2: Especially that we get to hear more of the lower registers of his voice, it sounds so warm and beautiful. :wub2:

I've split this song discussion into a new thread, so we can discuss it in detail. :teehee:

• Like 7

Edit by mellody, February 2023: We're talking about the actual song in the duet version and in the orchestral version from page 10 in this thread, the previous pages are speculations based on the teasers Mika posted of the song. Our latest try at the lyrics can be found here:

Official lyrics from Youtube:

Whisper out your name

I’m on fire

Crawling on my skin

Oh my god

Underneath the sky

I feel cold

Not wearing a thing

You’ve got to hold

Love, feels like fire

Every step it takes me higher

And your skin

What its for

Let the truth lead us to more

Your love feels like fire

Your love it feels like fire

And if all the stars should fall upon my skin

Would it even hurt at all, just let me in

And I don’t care if the world can see

From the desert to the ocean let it all pour down on me

I write love on the sand

Someone might hear if I whisper

Air so dry in our land (komile)

Ngivikele as I hide between your shoulders

Love feels like fire (mlilo)

Warms my heart and takes me high (wavuth’ umlilo umlilo)

Your arms, what are they for?

Hold me tight and never let me go (Wavuth’ umlilo umlilo)

And if all the stars should fall upon my skin

Would it even hurt at all, just let me in

And I don’t care if the world can see

From the desert to the ocean let it all pour down on me

Feels like fire

Feels like fire

Feels like fire

Feels like fire

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mellody said:

Got to hope?

What it's for?

Instead of "fall" I hear something like "hope" or "more" or "whole"... and the first line could be sth like "never truly..." Maybe "never truly made you whole"?

Just guessing here, anyway I love what I hear! :wub2: Especially that we get to hear more of the lower registers of his voice, it sounds so warm and beautiful. :wub2:

I've split this song discussion into a new thread, so we can discuss it in detail. :teehee:

Ahhh I can hear what you hear, too. Hope we will find out soon. Unlike the snippets he had posted before, this looks like a more definite version of the song.

And yes, I agree with his lower register. The cover of "It Must've Been Love" he did with Dana Paola still gives me shivers down my spine when he starts singing. 

• Like 4

If the text really is "and your skin, what it's for, never truly made you whole", it makes me think of his anatomy suit and his bodypainting where the wounds looked like they might be burns, with the black around them. Like, your love feels like fire, it burns my skin, but nevermind because the skin can't protect me anyway from getting hurt (by love). Ok maybe that interpretation is a bit too creative, lol! Anyway can't wait to hear more of it, but I suppose that'll take a while... :wait:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Ohhh! That is quite possible! Didn't the snippets he posted with her have a similar ring to it?

Watched the video with Amy and Mika filmed on Nov 29 2021. Towards the end he says

"what will be will be".  Wonder if he was already working on " Yoyo" or maybe he just used it as a common expression

Edited by SusanT
  • Like 3

We can all agree on this one that it sounds beautiful and I hope it won't end up like Paloma or many other beautiful songs almost never performed live, while Big Girl it's still always on the setlist :aah: ( and Lollipop, and Icecream, and... did I mention Big Girl? :facepalm: )

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Already have the song stuck in my head.:wub2: Can't wait to hear the whole song. I have it so much in my head that it seems like I've heard it before.  

It seems to me he has already shared a little snippet in some IG story before  :dunno_grin:

• Like 6

On 9/6/2022 at 12:10 AM, krysady said:

We can all agree on this one that it sounds beautiful and I hope it won't end up like Paloma or many other beautiful songs almost never performed live, while Big Girl it's still always on the setlist :aah: ( and Lollipop, and Icecream, and... did I mention Big Girl? :facepalm: )

I still love Big Girl (You are beautiful) and I always will because it made me proud of being myself , seriously no one and no song had done that for me before :wub2:  I also think Big Girl means a lot to Mika so that he decided to sing it while being in the crowd to party with us. He has to keep singing his hits because some people who are not die hard fans expect him to sing the songs from his first album and the other singles. If he were to do a concert for fans only I bet the setlist would be different. I am not into Love Today or We are Golden myself :teehee: but he manages to change them a bit each time so it does the trick. I miss Good Wife and I hope he sings it again some day :pray:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 4

On 9/8/2022 at 5:26 PM, crazyaboutmika said:

He has to keep singing his hits because some people who are not die hard fans expect him to sing the songs from his first album and the other singles

But this way people will never know his other songs that have potential to become hits. He could replace Big Girl with Platform Ballerinas very well, it has a great catchy rhythm, even better than BG and I bet people would love it and dance on it.  The setlist already include a lot of his early hits, that's why people ask if Mika released new songs apart of LICM :aah:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, krysady said:

But this way people will never know his other songs that have potential to become hits. He could replace Big Girl with Platform Ballerinas very well, it has a great catchy rhythm, even better than BG and I bet people would love it and dance on it.  The setlist already include a lot of his early hits, that's why people ask if Mika released new songs apart of LICM :aah:

I wonder who choses the setlists :dunno:

Because for the singles it is not even Mika who does but the record companies in each country...

Yes Platform Ballerina was a very good concerts song... and Live Your Life as well...it's a shame he doesn't sing them on stage anymore...hopefully  he will again at some point 

If the magic piano tour had worked out he would have probably made a "classic" setlist for the big arenas and a mix of songs fans love and rarely hear for the theaters :wub2:.He could still do it once the tour is rescheduled though :pray:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 3