Feels like Fire - Song and Lyrics Discussion

dcdeb

51 minutes ago, krysady said:

And afro beats 

I'm currently at a ballroom dance event and rn it sounds like Samba to me, so that'd rather be South American. :teehee:

Hmm, so will his English album consist of 1 song in 15 different versions? 🤔 :naughty:

Does anyone understand the lyrics? I hear sth about ocean, but that's all I get.

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, mellody said:

I'm currently at a ballroom dance event and rn it sounds like Samba to me, so that'd rather be South American. :teehee:

I love how we all hear different beats :lmfao: To me it sounds very afro, nothing like samba :original:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll listen again tomorrow, had a bit too much wine tonight... :teehee: but maybe it's both, afro sound but a Samba rhythm for ballroom dancing. Make You Happy is a waltz, but still sounds nothing like a classical waltz, so... :dunno_grin: 

Anyway nice of him to share a part of the song, after the connection broke off on Wednesday. :wub2:

• Like 4

9 hours ago, mellody said:

Does anyone understand the lyrics? I hear sth about ocean, but that's all I get.

... to the ocean ... love feels like

I had my suspicions before, but now I am even more convinced. We didn't understand words in previous snippets because they are not English. And I think the words between "ocean" and "love" are not English. :dunno_grin:

But of course I could be wrong. :facepalm:

8 minutes ago, Prisca said:

... to the ocean ... love feels like

I had my suspicions before, but now I am even more convinced. We didn't understand words in previous snippets because they are not English. And I think the words between "ocean" and "love" are not English. :dunno_grin:

But of course I could be wrong. :facepalm:

So, what language do you think it is?  :blink:

13 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

So, what language do you think it is?  :blink:

I don't know, that's the problem. :baghead:

Not Italian, French or German, but otherwise? Would the words otherwise not be understood because they are pronounced so clearly? :dunno_grin:

Or are they proper names that we don't think of or don't know? :dunno_grin:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, krysady said:

Mika IG story

I hear; “…into the ocean let it all pull/pool down the m…(muse?)….”

In the background “you’re the action(?)”

And then the chorus sets back in with “love, feels like fire”

I agree with the samba feels, Karin! I immediately started moving my hips :facepalm::biggrin2:

• Like 2

To me it sounds like 

"Listen to the ocean let it all go down a miss".

The switch up\samba is suddenly something but might not be English or could be too fast to figure out now.

What if the samba sounding bit is arabic he was learning in lockdown so maybe he decided to use it in his music 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

To me it sounds like 

Or "go down in mist?"

Anyway I agree with "let it all go down", I hear that too now.

@Prisca in the snippet they played on the IG live I was wondering if I heard some French, but this new story sounds English to me. You're right tho, with a multilingual popstar like Mika, we can never be sure, lol! :lol3:

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I hear; “…into the ocean let it all pull/pool down the m…(muse?)….”

In the background “you’re the action(?)”

31 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

4 minutes ago, mellody said:

Or "go down in mist?"

Ok, others could make out words here, but not me. :blush:

• Like 1

Ok I've listen to it another time and I hear "Listen to the ocean let you pull down (on) miss" but I think the "miss" has no sense here so it's probably he says "mist" :dunno_grin:

*and now Mika does not say either of those two words* :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

If this song makes a part of the TEHU soundtrack it's a complement :bleh: It should sound Arab, or something ethnic from Africa.

I am looking forward to a "Lebanese sounding" song of Mika :) little oriental touch would sound great!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Ok I've listen to it another time and I hear "Listen to the ocean let you pull down (on) miss" but I think the "miss" has no sense here so it's probably he says "mist" :dunno_grin:

*and now Mika does not say either of those two words* :facepalm:

It's funny how after he posted so many snippets of that same song, we still have no idea a) what it'll sound like, because there seem to be at least 4 different versions :teehee:, and b) what the lyrics are about, except that someone's love feels like fire to him, whatever that might mean. 😅🙈 I suppose it's positive, a warming fire, or maybe it's both the advantages and dangers of fire? :dunno_grin:

He has such a talent for sharing things without solving anything, but on the contrary bringing up even more questions for us to wonder about. :lmfao:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, mellody said:

It's funny how after he posted so many snippets of that same song, we still have no idea a) what it'll sound like, because there seem to be at least 4 different versions :teehee:, and b) what the lyrics are about, except that someone's love feels like fire to him, whatever that might mean. 😅🙈 I suppose it's positive, a warming fire, or maybe it's both the advantages and dangers of fire? :dunno_grin:

He has such a talent for sharing things without solving anything, but on the contrary bringing up even more questions for us to wonder about. :lmfao:

:lmfao:

• Haha 1

On 10/23/2022 at 10:03 AM, Mikasister said:

The percussion is not so  different from the last story he posted about the song weeks ago

I hear similarities, yes, but imo the second version is much more for dancing, while the first one sounds more laid back and for some reason gets much more under my skin. Maybe just because we can hear more of the song there, not sure... but I get different emotions from those 2 versions, the first one touches my heart and the 2nd one moves my hips, lol! :lol3:

Btw, re. the lyrics of the first bit I agree with @holdingyourdrink meanwhile, now it also sounds to me "let the (a?) truth begin to fall".

And in the symphonic version

I now hear something like "in a way gr... year.... please don't ..." (but he doesn't sing "go", tho that'd also rhyme with "know", but it's a 2 syllable word, or 2 words - sounds a bit like "wrapped up", but that doesn't make sense)

Edit: maybe "rip down"? :dunno:

Edited by mellody
  • Like 2