Feels like Fire - Song and Lyrics Discussion

dcdeb

1 hour ago, silver said:

I think I'll just wait until I hear the finished song.  From past experience, the final version is nothing like I expected from the clips :naughty:

It's fun tho to guess. :teehee: Fly balloon. :mf_rosetinted: :roftl:

• Haha 5

On 10/24/2022 at 12:09 AM, mellody said:

It's funny how after he posted so many snippets of that same song, we still have no idea a) what it'll sound like, because there seem to be at least 4 different versions :teehee:, and b) what the lyrics are about, except that someone's love feels like fire to him, whatever that might mean. 😅🙈 I suppose it's positive, a warming fire, or maybe it's both the advantages and dangers of fire? :dunno_grin:

He has such a talent for sharing things without solving anything, but on the contrary bringing up even more questions for us to wonder about. :lmfao:

:yeah:

:floor: :lmao: :roftl:

That being said it totally feels like it's gonna be my fav :cloud:

Of course we are far from any full albums but this one makes me feel on a cloud :wub2: and I noticed the babies I look after are particularly peaceful and happy when I play it to them :wub2:

It's a song with good vibes in it :cloud:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 4

On 10/20/2022 at 11:36 AM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And what if the female voice is Baby K?????

It's just a random idea.

*19th September 2023* ???!!!

Anna, are you seeing into the future?! LOL!

Anyhow, it doesn't sound much like BabyK to me, but who knows?

On 10/22/2022 at 5:44 PM, mellody said:

Hmm, so will his English album consist of 1 song in 15 different versions? 🤔 :naughty:

:roftl: 

On 10/22/2022 at 5:58 PM, Mikasister said:

I hear ocean too  and sth like down on me :dunno_grin:

On 10/23/2022 at 4:33 AM, holdingyourdrink said:

I hear; “…into the ocean let it all pull/pool down the m…(muse?)….”

In the background “you’re the action(?)”

And then the chorus sets back in with “love, feels like fire”

I agree with the samba feels, Karin! I immediately started moving my hips :facepalm::biggrin2:

I also hear  "<something > to the ocean, let it all pour down on me..." followed by "your love feels like fire..."

I agree with Prisca that there are some words, sort of a chant or shouting, in the background that don't sound English -- maybe Arabic, and if so maybe after all this speculation it IS a song for the film? He had said he was doing the score or the soundtrack, so I assumed he meant mostly the background music, but perhaps there is an actual song -- for the opening credits or the end credits? :dunno:

Such a tease, Mika! Play us more than 7 seconds of the song next time, please! :puppy_eyes:

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, dcdeb said:

*19th September 2023* ???!!!

Anna, are you seeing into the future?! LOL!

Ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Looks like I am a clairvoyant :lmao:

I hope we will not have to wait for so long to learn the name of the singer :wink2:

fortune teller gipsy GIF

4 hours ago, dcdeb said:

in the background that don't sound English -- maybe Arabic

Yes, this is what I wanted to say as well.

Sounds oriental to me. Anyway I can't wait to hear the whole song!

• Like 3

I can't find your quote @mellodybut an album of 15 different versions of the same song is so hilarious :lmfao:and I wouldn't mind because I love it :swoon:No need to play one song on repeat, just the whole album on repeat :floor: It totally makes sense for fans though :wink2: When we are hooked on a Mika song we play it all day long anyway :naughty: :lmao: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, dcdeb said:

to the ocean, let it all pour down on me..."

Ah yes, thanks, that makes a lot more sense!

So does he want to extinguish the fire with the ocean? 🤔 And then breathe underwater? :teehee: More and more questions... :naughty:

9 hours ago, dcdeb said:

maybe after all this speculation it IS a song for the film? He had said he was doing the score or the soundtrack, so I assumed he meant mostly the background music, but perhaps there is an actual song -- for the opening credits or the end credits? :dunno:

Isn't the film just aimed at the French (speaking) market? I got that impression, but maybe I'm wrong... anyway if it is, I suppose the title track would be in French, no? It would explain tho why there's a version sung by a woman, maybe she sings it for the movie & Mika releases it as a single himself?

But then, does that mean that the love from a camel feels like fire? :roftl: I rather thought it means you might get a wet face. :lmfao:

Middle East Kiss GIF by Acorn TV

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, mellody said:

Ah yes, thanks, that makes a lot more sense!

So does he want to extinguish the fire with the ocean? 🤔 And then breathe underwater? :teehee: More and more questions... :naughty:

Isn't the film just aimed at the French (speaking) market? I got that impression, but maybe I'm wrong... anyway if it is, I suppose the title track would be in French, no? It would explain tho why there's a version sung by a woman, maybe she sings it for the movie & Mika releases it as a single himself?

But then, does that mean that the love from a camel feels like fire? :roftl: I rather thought it means you might get a wet face. :lmfao:

Middle East Kiss GIF by Acorn TV

Step one: love sets you on fire 🔥

Step two: the fire :camel3: comes to rescue you :tongue2: 

It makes perfect sense :lmao:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Step one: love sets you on fire 🔥

Step two: the fire :camel3: comes to rescue you :tongue2: 

It makes perfect sense :lmao:

Well there is the misconception that camels store water in their humps*, so they might be good at putting out fires! 😁

*(when in actual fact it's just fat)

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Well there is the misconception that camels store water in their humps*, so they might be good at putting out fires! 😁

*(when in actual fact it's just fat)

No,  I know that. What I really meant by licking they get you wet.... (but I am.now afraid to be told to go to NC) :doh:

Screenshot_20221027-224342_Firefox Focus.jpg

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to comment on that... I think it's common that in a movie you have a certain theme and many of the different songs / music parts in the movie are based on that one theme. Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, Disney's Beauty and the Beast are just a few examples. So although I'm not sure if that snippet in particular sounds like the song (I can't really hear it), and we're not even sure if the song is part of the soundtrack or something for Mika's album, it's well possible that it IS the theme song and the soundtrack is based around it. Maybe that would also explain the different versions of the song we heard. :dunno_grin:

• Like 2

I don't know why, but as soon as I heard the song snippet I thought it was for the film. Maybe because of the Arabic influences. But that could also be in his music if he was inspired after his trip. So... yeah, wait and see! 

Either way I completely love the snippet and hope the final product isn't too different. Unless it's better. :biggrin2:

• Like 3

20 hours ago, mellody said:

Just wanted to comment on that... I think it's common that in a movie you have a certain theme and many of the different songs / music parts in the movie are based on that one theme. Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, Disney's Beauty and the Beast are just a few examples. So although I'm not sure if that snippet in particular sounds like the song (I can't really hear it), and we're not even sure if the song is part of the soundtrack or something for Mika's album, it's well possible that it IS the theme song and the soundtrack is based around it. Maybe that would also explain the different versions of the song we heard. :dunno_grin:

It sure makes sense :thumb_yello:I can't wait to watch that movie :swoon:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When I watched the movie trailer today, there was a song about fire in it, so I thought, yes maybe Feels like Fire is for the movie? But Mika updated his IG highlights and he has different ones for "Studio" (with Feels like Fire) and "Zodi et Tehu", so that suggests the song is a separate thing. Hmm... I suppose we'll find out in February, at the latest. 😅

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mellody said:

When I watched the movie trailer today, there was a song about fire in it, so I thought, yes maybe Feels like Fire is for the movie? But Mika updated his IG highlights and he has different ones for "Studio" (with Feels like Fire) and "Zodi et Tehu", so that suggests the song is a separate thing. Hmm... I suppose we'll find out in February, at the latest. 😅

I really doubt that this song it's for the movie, we know the plot and it has nothing to do with a love story :dunno:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

The same as Who's Gonna Love Me Now with the plot of Anything's Possible. :wink2:

Not really, that one it is about a love story with all its hights and downs and the songs fits perfectly :wink2:

Edited by krysady
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, krysady said:

Not really, that one it is about a love story with all its hights and downs and the songs fits perfectly :wink2:

The song is about an older man thinking about his past and the movie is about the young people entering life on LGBT level. For me it was completely out of the scenario.

We don't really know what the song Love Feels Like Fire is. It can be about a physical love as well as about a new love or a friend's love or .... about love to someone who left or... So many other things.

I just wonder why we have heard at least two versions. And there is a female vocal in it. 

And I think that the movie is about love. At least between the boy and his camel. But as this is a "family movie" for sure it will be about more general meaning of love. 

And if it's not from the movie but from the new album, not a problem for me. I only hope we will be able to hear it separately. It sounds great!

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Oh oh, isn’t it obvious? It takes place in the dessert and it’s firey hot 🔥🔥🔥 

:biggrin2:

A fiery hot dessert? Must be that Baked Alaska I keep hearing about.. :lmfao:

image-import.thumb.jpg.b2c7b8a2866f75dbf0c4ce8d81bca856.jpg

• Haha 7