Feels like Fire - Song and Lyrics Discussion

dcdeb

5 hours ago, krysady said:

I really doubt that this song it's for the movie, we know the plot and it has nothing to do with a love story :dunno:

The love between a boy and his camel cannot be underestimated! 😆 

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

The song is about an older man thinking about his past and the movie is about the young people entering life on LGBT level. For me it was completely out of the scenario.

That's one perspective. I didn't see that it was an older man, as such. Just someone reflecting and wondering how to move forwards from a difficult time. And at that young age, even just a year can seem a big difference. 

4 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

We don't really know what the song Love Feels Like Fire is. It can be about a physical love as well as about a new love or a friend's love or .... about love to someone who left or... So many other things.

Yes, we need to hear more of the song first. Like I said earlier... wait and see! 😊

3 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Hahahaha! Yes yes, they are stomping around in that :lol3:

Ahum. Of course I mean desert :facepalm:

I know. Sorry, I couldn't resist.  :wink2: If it helps, I always have to check which is which. :lol3:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

The song is about an older man thinking about his past and the movie is about the young people entering life on LGBT level. For me it was completely out of the scenario.

It's about a man who could find love very easily in his life and one day he started to ask himself who's gonna love him from now on, so it is about LOVE. And the movie it is also about a romance between two teenagers, a boy and a girl who happens to be trans, and the whole drama developed around this LOVE.  So for me it totally makes sense the song Who's Gonna Love Me Now in that context :wink2:

Edit: I didn't watch the movie, I only have been reading Billy Porter's explanation about it.

6 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And I think that the movie is about love. At least between the boy and his camel.

It's possible, but saying that Your Love Feels Like Fire about a love between a boy and a camel sounds quite unlikely to me :dunno_grin:... but we'll see, maybe we'll get more info from Mika soon.

Edited by krysady

49 minutes ago, krysady said:

It's about a man who could find love very easily in his life and one day he started to ask himself who's gonna love him from now on, so it is about LOVE. And the movie it is also about a romance between two teenagers, a boy and a girl who happens to be trans, and the whole drama developed around this LOVE.  So for me it totally makes sense the song Who's Gonna Love Me Now in that context :wink2:

Edit: I didn't watch the movie, I only have been reading Billy Porter's explanation about it.

It's possible, but saying that Your Love Feels Like Fire about a love between a boy and a camel sounds quite unlikely to me :dunno_grin:... but we'll see, maybe we'll get more info from Mika soon.

Have you heard this song from the movie trailer?

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And the lyrics are not about a camel :lol3:

No, it's about missing someone you lost for ever. I suppose we'll figure out the context when we'll see the movie. For now, we can only speculate, but my guess is that the song it's for the album :dunno_grin:

10 hours ago, krysady said:

I really doubt that this song it's for the movie, we know the plot and it has nothing to do with a love story :dunno:

8 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And I think that the movie is about love. At least between the boy and his camel.

Yes, exactly! :yeah:

• Haha 2

On 12/8/2022 at 7:20 AM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

We don't really know what the song Love Feels Like Fire is. It can be about a physical love as well as about a new love or a friend's love or .... about love to someone who left or... So many other things.

I just wonder why we have heard at least two versions. And there is a female vocal in it. 

And I think that the movie is about love. At least between the boy and his camel. But as this is a "family movie" for sure it will be about more general meaning of love. 

And if it's not from the movie but from the new album, not a problem for me. I only hope we will be able to hear it separately. It sounds great!

It's always so interesting to hear how others interpret a song and come up with something completely different from what you thought. I never saw Who's Gonna Love Me Now? as being about an older man looking on his past. I took it to be a man who is not in a relationship, saying, "What's next? I gave up a lot for my previous lover and now I have to move on." The phrase, "what's a boy to do, when he's not shiny new, there's newer ones on the scene..." just shows how people value The Next New Thing, and in a lot of cases the younger the better. Once I saw the movie, I could even see how the male lead would be saying the lyrics of the song -- he was a boy perceived one way, and then he took a trans girlfriend, which made a lot of people perceive him as gay. So they break up (spoiler) and he wonders "who's gonna love me now?" Anyhow, it worked for me.

As for the Feels Like Fire song, based on the lyrics we've been able to pick out, I think it's about romantic love -- not the love a boy might have for his pet camel -- so I really don't know whether it will be in film or not. It doesn't seem like there's a romance in the film. But... Some of the music from Mika's BTS stories sure did sound similar to Feels Like Fire, so... it will drive us crazy trying to figure it out! It's a good thing February isn't that far away! :lol3:

21 hours ago, krysady said:

Yes, it's Burning Fire by Camino :original:

Yes, and I have run across a few times when a song used in the trailer was nowhere to be found in the finished film... so I wouldn't be surprised if that's not in this film. Maybe Mika's score wasn't finished when they put the trailer together, so they used a song that captured the essence of what they wanted to convey? :dunno_grin:

• Like 6

Who's gonna love me now is a bit OT here, but didn't Mika say that himself at the French gig, that it's about an older man? I think I remember it from that - tho my interpretation of it also would've been different.

20 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

so I wouldn't be surprised if that's not in this film

I thought of that too, it's possible that they only used it for the trailer.

8 minutes ago, mellody said:

but didn't Mika say that himself at the French gig, that it's about an older man?

No, he said it is about a flamboyant man who have a fantastic life and finds lovers easily, and one day looking at himself in the mirror, he realize it's not the same man. He realize the years passed by and he is asking himself: merde, I had a great life but who's gonna love me now?

Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b4QacoQemM&t=249s&ab_channel=RomyBlue

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, krysady said:

He realize the years passed by and he is asking himself:

You are right, he does not say that the man is old, but that the years have passed and he talks about his whole life, so one can get the impression that the man is old.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Who's gonna love me now is a bit OT here, but didn't Mika say that himself at the French gig, that it's about an older man? I think I remember it from that - tho my interpretation of it also would've been different.

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

Yes, Mika said that in Hauterives. :thumb_yello:

Unfortunately, whenever Mika says anything in a French interview or at a French gig, I generally miss it. Most Italian things I catch, but French, not so much. Oh well.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Prisca said:

so one can get the impression that the man is old.

That's subjective, my understanding was that he was talking about a short period of time. But I guess we can discuss this in the right thread and not go OT here :wink2:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2022 at 11:48 AM, krysady said:

On 12/8/2022 at 1:20 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

20 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

I‘m not sure if this is old news but… turns out the song was from Zode et Tehu after all.

So it is about the love between a boy and a camel which truly cannot be underestimated ❤️😂

:biggrin2::teehee:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Can I be honest? I heard snippets and honestly, it sounds like it’s about well, “the primal act of love” :facepalm:

Well, not all Mika songs are about s*x. 😅

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, krysady said:

Now I'm really confused :aah:

Mika needs to "deconfuse" us. 😅

I guess the song is also going to be on the soundtrack album that Mika wants to put out. :dunno_grin:

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

How are you confused? It’s Mika :lol3:

Rectification: I am exactly as I should be when it comes to Mika :teehee:

11 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Nooo, that would be REALLY confusing!! :biggrin2:

19 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I guess the song is also going to be on the soundtrack album that Mika wants to put out.

I think the same.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Can I be honest? I heard snippets and honestly, it sounds like it’s about well, “the primal act of love” :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

Well, not all Mika songs are about s*x. 😅

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

I guess the song is also going to be on the soundtrack album that Mika wants to put out. :dunno_grin:

43 minutes ago, krysady said:

Rectification: I am exactly as I should be when it comes to Mika :teehee:

Let's just wait to hear the whole lyrics.

I am sure there is several interpretations as usual in Mika's lyrics. :wink2:

Fall Down Animal Crossing GIF by Mashed

• Haha 2