mikainstagram

Tweets by mikasounds

Edited by Kumazzz
update
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiqjYzCjNqA/

Hello from Verona! The Mika Fan Club gathered for dinner just outside the Arena di Verona tonight and were treated to a bit of Mika singing during a soundcheck - can you hear him at the beginning of this clip?
All of the fans there send greetings to those of us not able to be there in person.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

The flowers have been delivered to the venue -- hopefully Mika will see them now! I hear he's just finished soundcheck!

FMDE2543[1].JPG

Those flowers look very beautiful and very grand! 😍

11 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Update from Verona: It wasn't possible for them to go in early to distribute the papers for the fan action, they are still waiting to go in.

Oh no! I hope the fans can still do it, I'm really looking forward to seeing the fan action. Fingers crossed all goes to plan! :crossed:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

The flowers have been delivered to the venue -- hopefully Mika will see them now! I hear he's just finished soundcheck!

FMDE2543[1].JPG

So beautiful, I'm sure he'll love it! Thanks for posting the picture!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

FMDE2543[1].JPG

Beautiful! Thank you. 😍😊 

They look heavy, I hope Mika has a trolley too. 😂

• Haha 5

I know that if I could not attend I would love to know how it was, so here is a quick report while travelling to Venice.

The concert was "di tutto di piu'" how we say in Italy, which means something like "everything and more".

There were so many confettis, balloons, fake snow....everything he could use he did use. 

I love choirs so for me the choir was the best part.

He went a lot into the audience, not only for the "usual" big girl. I especially liked when he went to the piano in the middle of the Arena to play Stardust.

The Arena is a spectacular place with a wonderful acoustics. What a place to play!

Unfortunately the fan action that was so well prepared really did not work :(  When we entered the venue we received from the personnel a big paper with printed "GOOD GUY". Apparently it was a fan action prepared by the production.

This means that when Origin started, some people already showed the GOOD GUY paper (and he looked pretty confused actually), others showed a white paper, but the beautiful desired effect was not there :( What a shame.

Beside that he was very energetic and played many of the usual songs with a positive feedback from the audience: Underwater first very soft then very loud, Elle me dit with energetic dancing, Love Today with the audience going crazy.....you know them all pretty well by now ;) the main difference was the constant visual effects and of course the choir .

You could tell it was a special event for him since he really went overboard. The big heart at the end was VERY big. 

In the attached picture you can see a very little Mika on the bottom left :lol3:

IMG_6767.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Péhl Tamás said:

And this was the whole setlist if I remember it correctly, but please correct me if I'm wrong. I have to say, I'm almost 100% sure that the order of the songs is incorrect, my memory's really bad😂 https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/mika/2022/arena-di-verona-verona-italy-13b071f1.html ❤️

Edited by Péhl Tamás
  • Thanks 4

16 hours ago, dcdeb said:

FMDE2543[1].JPG

Wouah,

Thank you @dcdebfor this picture, I'm happy to see the flowers .Amazing bouquet ibdeed !

Thanks again @Chiara 83 and all, for organizing it .

• Like 1

Mika commented on the recording of the IG live yesterday where we joined Deb from the arena. :wub2:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CisxOohgko4/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Screenshot_20220920-134739_Instagram.jpg

And here is a pic of the custom made gingerbread heart that we had delivered to him besides the flowers. He hadn't seen it when I asked him after the show, maybe he hadn't opened the cardboard box... but I had seen them load it into his car, and the flowers too, so he should have both with him. :thumb_yello:

20220918_144741.jpg

I'll write more about the show itself when I post my pix & videos from home (on the train now), but as Stefania said, it was really spectacular with lots and lots of special effects. I think fireworks was the only one that was missing, but that probably would have been too risky with all the confetti on the floor. :teehee:

Shortly after the show Mika came out to sign autographs, there were hundreds of people there and we were at the back, so I didn't see much of him. He didn't leave after that, but went back in the backstage area and his car left empty. 15 mins later we noticed the car inside another backstage entrance and waited there. That's where we saw them loading in the flowers & gifts. Then someone said that people had seen Mika entering one of the restaurants at the piazza on the other side. There's one restaurant next to another at this piazza. Some fans went there immediately and gathered on the terrace of a restaurant nearby, because they wanted to get some food/drinks anyway and were happy about this change of waiting place. :teehee: We considered for a while what to do, because at first we weren't really hungry or thirsty, and it felt weird to wait for Mika in such a private situation when he's having dinner, but in the end it seemed to us like the best place to be, chatting and sitting in comfortable chairs instead of standing around a backstage entrance. So we had a good time together for another 2 hours, before first Andy and then Mika came out to chat with us a bit. That was super sweet, of both of them. :wub2: I filmed a little, hope others have more on video, like what he said about the MFC gifts & message or about the fanaction, after I had given him the instructions flyer, to show him what it'd have looked like if it had worked. Here's my video of when he said goodbye: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CitaoJfqiqF/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y= 

• Like 18

The entire concert looked truly amazing from all the videos and pictures I've seen!

It would have been nice if Mika had sang a new song, to make up for cancelling the tour too.

I would have thought before the tour got cancelled that Mika may have planned to sing at least one new song but I guess he's saving that for later now... 🤔

Also, after the concert when someone asked when they would see him again Mika replied "not when but what." Makes me wonder if the "what" means a new album sooner than we think?

Anyway, this Magic Piano gig really did look magical! 😊

• Like 4

Deb's text in the flowers card that Mika talked about when we met him:

Dear MIKA -
Walt Disney once said, "After the rain, the sun will reappear. There is life. After the pain, the joy will still be here." And so here we are, in Verona, rediscovering the joy after the "rain" of a lost tour. We are so happy to be with you once more, as we have been so many times before and will be again in the future! Wishing you all the best, with all our love, Mika Fan Club xoxo

He said about it: "I have read the card. And I understand every single message within the card, because every line has a message. So thank you so much. It means a lot.” (transcript by @holdingyourdrink)

:wub2:

Fanny has filmed more of the chat than me, maybe she can upload it later.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Péhl Tamás said:

And this was the whole setlist if I remember it correctly, but please correct me if I'm wrong. I have to say, I'm almost 100% sure that the order of the songs is incorrect, my memory's really bad😂 https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/mika/2022/arena-di-verona-verona-italy-13b071f1.html ❤️

MFC posted the setlist on Instagram, so I corrected mine (I only had to switch Ice Cream and Gooy Guys), so this is the 100% correct and accurate setlist❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mellody said:

Mika commented on the recording of the IG live yesterday where we joined Deb from the arena. :wub2:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CisxOohgko4/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Screenshot_20220920-134739_Instagram.jpg

And here is a pic of the custom made gingerbread heart that we had delivered to him besides the flowers. He hadn't seen it when I asked him after the show, maybe he hadn't opened the cardboard box... but I had seen them load it into his car, and the flowers too, so he should have both with him. :thumb_yello:

20220918_144741.jpg

I'll write more about the show itself when I post my pix & videos from home (on the train now), but as Stefania said, it was really spectacular with lots and lots of special effects. I think fireworks was the only one that was missing, but that probably would have been too risky with all the confetti on the floor. :teehee:

Shortly after the show Mika came out to sign autographs, there were hundreds of people there and we were at the back, so I didn't see much of him. He didn't leave after that, but went back in the backstage area and his car left empty. 15 mins later we noticed the car inside another backstage entrance and waited there. That's where we saw them loading in the flowers & gifts. Then someone said that people had seen Mika entering one of the restaurants at the piazza on the other side. There's one restaurant next to another at this piazza. Some fans went there immediately and gathered on the terrace of a restaurant nearby, because they wanted to get some food/drinks anyway and were happy about this change of waiting place. :teehee: We considered for a while what to do, because at first we weren't really hungry or thirsty, and it felt weird to wait for Mika in such a private situation when he's having dinner, but in the end it seemed to us like the best place to be, chatting and sitting in comfortable chairs instead of standing around a backstage entrance. So we had a good time together for another 2 hours, before first Andy and then Mika came out to chat with us a bit. That was super sweet, of both of them. :wub2: I filmed a little, hope others have more on video, like what he said about the MFC gifts & message or about the fanaction, after I had given him the instructions flyer, to show him what it'd have looked like if it had worked. Here's my video of when he said goodbye: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CitaoJfqiqF/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y= 

What a beautiful gingerbread heart, Karin! Thanks for the photo. I'm sure Mika has seen it by now - hope he says something. So glad that you all had the opportunity to chat with him a bit afterward. And really wish I could have been there myself. But I am very happy to see all the photos and videos and am looking forward to more more more as people get home!

By the way, I should post a better photo of the flowers -- thank you @Chiara 83 for taking care of it!

MKIS6216[1].JPG

• Like 10

In the train I watched the live back from yesterday - oh @dcdeb, we didn’t know you had gotten emotional! We truly couldn’t hear you!
You can’t hear it back on the live, but it was super loud there. The atmosphere was however exactly as it was portrayed. I know you know this ❤️ You were thoroughly missed! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

What a beautiful gingerbread heart, Karin! Thanks for the photo. I'm sure Mika has seen it by now - hope he says something. So glad that you all had the opportunity to chat with him a bit afterward. And really wish I could have been there myself. But I am very happy to see all the photos and videos and am looking forward to more more more as people get home!

By the way, I should post a better photo of the flowers -- thank you @Chiara 83 for taking care of it!

MKIS6216[1].JPG

It was a pleasure Deb❤🌺thank you for trusting me🙏Mika said the flowers were incredible so I am happy. The gingerbread was AMAZING too! So glad that you were live on IG yesterday evening ✌😘

• Like 8