Mika as a judge for "The Piano", Channel 4 UK, 2023

Kumazzz

On 10/4/2022 at 4:34 PM, NaoMika said:
Lang Lang and Mika guide four astonishing musicians on a journey from playing on public pianos in train stations around the UK to the Royal Festival Hall stage.

THU 10 NOV, 7PM

spacer.png

Thanks for the info! It's only 1 hour altogether, so I'm sure it's not more than 2 songs by Mika... or maybe he'll just play a classical piece? The list only names the authors of the songs. He might be sitting somewhere on stage while the others are playing, if he's in the jury?

I'd love to go, would be fab to see a show where he's talking English - but it's during the week, which is always difficult for me, so I don't think I'll do that for seeing him perform just 1-2 songs. If it was a 5hr filming centered around Mika, like for Casa Mika, it'd be different. :teehee: Anyway looking forward to see it on TV, I hope we can from abroad.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 4:34 PM, NaoMika said:
Lang Lang and Mika guide four astonishing musicians on a journey from playing on public pianos in train stations around the UK to the Royal Festival Hall stage.

THU 10 NOV, 7PM

A free musical celebration of the cherished instrument, hosted by Claudia Winkleman, Mika and Lang Lang

spacer.png

It's very enigmatic. Mika may play something and not sing at all. Maybe Bach Prelude and Fugue in D? Or will be just present. Musicians amatours are the stars of the program.

For sure it'll be a nice concert of classic music.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:
Performers
  • Mika piano
  • Lang Lang piano
  • Jay Eatwell piano
  • Lucy Illingworth piano
  • Sean Logan piano
  • Danny Wilsher piano
Repertoire
  • Mika: Grace Kelly; Happy Ending
  • Falla: Ritual Fire Dance from El Amor brujo
  • Debussy: Clair de lune from Suite bergamasque; Arabesque No.1
  • Bach: Prelude and Fugue in D, BWV.850; Prelude and Fugue in C minor, BWV.847
  • Sean Logan: Be Kinder
  • Danny Wilsher: Learn to Live

The performers and the repertoire follow the same order, it makes sense that each is doing the respective part. So Mika playing MIKA, Lang playing Falla, Jay playing Debussy, Lucy playing Bach, and Sean and Danny playing their respective pieces (self composed?)

Note that's not necessarily the running order.

• Like 2

Event information

By booking tickets, you agree to keep all of the details of this performance confidential.

Of course, it's not televised yet. Probably won't be allowed to film or take photos.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Hero said:

Event information

By booking tickets, you agree to keep all of the details of this performance confidential.

Of course, it's not televised yet. Probably won't be allowed to film or take photos.

So maybe it's a part of the program recording? Anyway we know 4 names of the finalists.

About Southbank Centre membership

https://tickets.southbankcentre.co.uk/memberships/?reauth=true&_ga=2.1427380.442224215.1664901643-777782448.1664901643

Buy, renew or activate a Membership

Please note: If you would like to pay by Direct Debit and you are not the only required signatory on your account, or you would rather send us a paper version of this form, you can download the printable PDF version of the Direct Debit form for Membership and Supporters Circles. Payment by Direct Debit is only available from UK bank accounts.

Activating a gift Membership? Lucky you! Select either single or joint Membership from the options below and then choose the ‘one-off payment or gift Membership activation’ option. At the checkout, you’ll be asked to input your unique activation code.

Not sure whether you’ve been bought a Membership just for you, or for two? Send an email to membership@southbankcentre.co.uk  with your unique activation code and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

Single Membership
It only takes a few minutes to join - a whole year of good times awaits
From £69
screenshot
1297276620_Screenshot2022-10-05at05-03-11MembershipsSouthbankCentre.thumb.png.31413ac247823c5401710dd5d21faac0.png

• Like 2

We talked in a chat group about what to wear there: We came up with smart casual. @Hero said that it didn't mean a camel onesie with a bow tie. Anyway, how much will you pay me if I show up there like this? :biggrin2:

• Haha 9

26 minutes ago, Prisca said:

We talked in a chat group about what to wear there: We came up with smart casual. @Hero said that it didn't mean a camel onesie with a bow tie. Anyway, how much will you pay me if I show up there like this? :biggrin2:

:facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Prisca said:

And how much would you pay at the entrance to let you get in dressed like this ? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Despicable Me Lol GIF

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And how much would you pay at the entrance to let you get in dressed like this ? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Despicable Me Lol GIF

The money CJ gives me. :biggrin2:

• Haha 5

48 minutes ago, mellody said:

Good news from Deb, we'll get some tickets for this for the fanclub! :cheer: We don't know yet how many, anyway I think no one has to rush to buy an expensive membership. :dunno_grin:

Oh crap. :doh:Too quick! 

Though, what kind of tickets? Up in the balcony or near the stage? 

• Like 1