April 01/07, 2023

Radio-Times-April-01_07-2023.jpg.64b145943d995188268762da4fded85d.jpg

page 43

THE PICK OF TV & FILM ON DEMAND Streaming

ALL 4

ENTERTAINMENT

The Piano

All 5 episodes available now

Initially, it was tricky to see the appeal of a music competition without any competitive elements, with all the best performances talked over by popstar Mika and classical musician Lang Lang.

But led by relaxed host Claudia Winkleman, this series — more good-natured documentary than Bake Off-style tournament — highlighted how music can bring people together.

And by the end of The Piano’s five episodes, you would have to have a heart of stone to begrudge the inspiring young pianists their place onstage.

2023-04-01RadioTimes-43_The_Piano.thumb.jpg.1a385b538bc1ba3f8b97905114636929.jpg

2023-04-01RadioTimes_page43.thumb.jpg.56c41b35337a31e5813c3208ff4907ab.jpg

Page 151

Feed back

RAW TALENT

Every so often, a series comes along that takes your breath away.

The Piano was exceptional television, with countless people of all ages and backgrounds given the opportunity to share their talents.

The final (15 March C4) between Jay, Lucy, Sean and Danny was extraordinarily beautiful and uplifting.

Those four young people are an inspiration and deserve the very best as they move on with their lives, having overcome such challenges along the way.

Thank you, Channel 4, judges Lang Lang and Mika and host Claudia Winkleman for discovering such amazing talents and providing such encouragement and support as these gifted youngsters face their futures.

Stephen Bechervaise

Royal Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire

You can relive the entire series now on All 4: see page 43.

UPLIFTING Claudia Winkleman hosted inspirational young pianists

2023-04-01RadioTimes_page151.thumb.jpg.21cbd4f02ec89bff90a7ce94ab020887.jpg

2023-04-01RadioTimes_page150_151.thumb.jpg.6576894351158f45711cf0f44b73b122.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 3

This issue of Radio Times is worth reading.

:wink2: Here is a whole issue download link ( 162 pages / 88 MB )

Radio Times

April 08/15, 2023

Radio-Times-April-8-14-2023.jpg.d3e5591ab47aa3a8ab4b8b63b882975c.jpg

EASTER

40 shows to watch now !

Fancy a murder mystery or a modern western? A true crime drama or a reality hit?

Take your pick of the best TV of 2023...

• 1 WHY DIDN’T THEY ASK EVANS?
  • 2 A SPY AMONG FRIENDS
  • 3 THE ENGLISH
  • 4 ENDEAVOUR
  • 5 THE WHITE LOTUS
  • 6 NOLLY
  • 7 DAISY JONES & THE SIX
  • 8 THE MARVELOUS MRS MAISEL
  • 9 THE CROWN
  • 10 THE GOLD
  • 11 PICARD
  • 12 SLOW HORSES
  • 13 YOU
  • 14 BETTER
  • 15 PILGRIMAGE: THE ROAD THROUGH PORTUGAL
  • 16 PAMELA, A LOVE STORY
  • 17 THE REAL MO FARAH
  • 18 FROZEN PLANET II
  • 19 BECOMING FRIDA KAHLO
  • 20 Michael Palin INTO IRAQ
  • 21 INSIDE OUR AUTISTIC MINDS
  • 22 GEORGE MICHAEL: OUTED
  • 23 DAVID BADDIEL: JEWS DON’T COUNT
  • 24 ONCE UPON A TIME IN LONDONGRAD
  • 25 PUTIN VS THE WEST
  • 26 MURDER IN THE PACIFIC
  • 27 THE TINDER SWINDLER
  • 28 TED LASSO
  • 29 THE TRAITORS/ THE TRAITORS US
  • 30 TASKMASTER
  • 31 HACKS
  • 32 GIRLS5EVA
  • 33 THE PIANO
  • 34 FUNNY WOMAN
  • 35 BAD SISTERS
  • 36 THE FLATSHARE
  • 37 GHOSTS
  • 38 TWO DOORS DOWN
  • 39 ABBOTT ELEMENTARY
  • 40 RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE UK

RadioTimes8_04.2023_The_Piano.jpg.6a262631455486a458af4a16f5e08a21.jpg

THE PIANO

iPlayer

The nation’s best amateur pianists are secretly judged by Lang Lang and Mika in a slow-paced contest that builds to a satisfying finale. Claudia Winkleman hosts.

Radio_Times_8Aprile2023-20-21_Page1415.thumb.jpg.fe6595727fb8a78b09e8228d8ece6339.jpg

Radio_Times_8Aprile2023-20-21_Page1617.thumb.jpg.8a572d3d1f4e199be5225b5ae776c384.jpg

Radio_Times_8Aprile2023-20-21_Page1819.thumb.jpg.06ea227c665ddf5871757119dda51a58.jpg

Radio_Times_8Aprile2023-20-21_Page21.thumb.jpg.1dd57fd43c4962fea01a180cc4a7957c.jpg

Radio_Times_8Aprile2023-20-21_Page23.thumb.jpg.089db1055f4625a29df144d46da17aa4.jpg

• Like 2

BROADCAST

International

broadcast-international-05_2023.thumb.jpg.69507c6d9e27e7fc1ccb46788b34d049.jpg

Hot Picks: The Piano

13 April 2023

‘We’re living in dark times. Beautiful, uplifting stories are much needed’

• DISTRIBUTOR Fremantle
  • PRODUCER Love Productions
  • LENGTH 5 x 60 minutes
  • BROADCASTER Channel 4 (UK)

The newest competitive reality show from Love Productions – the indie behind hits such as The Great British Bake Off, The Great Pottery Throw Down and The Great British Sewing Bee – is The Piano.

Hosted by Claudia Winkleman (Strictly Come Dancing; The Traitors), the show invites amateur pianists to perform in train stations across the UK, in a bid to wow the gathering crowds and viewers at home. In a twist, they don’t realise that pop star Mika and revered classical pianist Lang Lang are watching behind the scenes, ready to pick their favourite players to perform in a concert at the Royal Festival Hall in the finale.

The series taps into a diverse pool of surprising talents whose stories are told through the music they play, whether it’s classical, hip-hop or rock.

Creator Richard McKerrow says: “The strength of Bake Off was that you could have contestants from 18 to 80, but on The Piano it goes from children to a 94-year-old. We found a broad range in terms of neurodiversity and disability, as well as ethnicity. In television, that’s really exciting.”

Showcasing The Piano’s potential for viral moments, the first series, which aired on Channel 4 earlier this year, found a breakout star in Lucy, a blind and neurodivergent 13-year old. She is described by Lang Lang as “a real genius” on the piano.

Vasha Wallace, executive vice-president of global acquisitions and development at Fremantle, which holds the global rights for the format outside of North America, says: “So many of my producers around the world have emailed to say they saw Lucy trending on Instagram or YouTube. Every time I watch her clip – and I’ve watched it many times – we all cry because it’s just so beautiful.”

The show’s authenticity is seen not only in the understated competitive element and the range of performers, but also the ‘set’: the bustling concourses of train stations around the UK.

McKerrow says: “When your studio is in a public space, you pick up these moments of unscripted documentary actuality from the public as they are walking past. You’re breaking boundaries, and that was both exciting and challenging.”

Universal appeal

The series became Channel 4’s highest-rated new format launch in six years, according to Wallace.

“The second episode performed strongly on overnights, beating both BBC1 and ITV2, but it also did well on catch-up. The ratings tell us that it will have appeal to international broadcasters whether they’re public broadcasters, commercial broadcasters or streamers.”

It helps that music transcends cultures and languages, and that the trend of public pianos has captured imaginations across the globe.

Equally, Wallace is aware of the high demand for feelgood shows – also a hallmark of Love Productions’ projects.

“We’re living in dark times – we’re worried about our energy bills, we’re worried about the cost of living, the war in Europe,” she says. “Beautiful, uplifting stories that take us to a lovely place are much needed.”

page 31

BroadcastInternational05_2023.thumb.jpg.36947535f9a0ac6328ff93adcd5170b0.jpg

1394910_thepiano_132046.thumb.jpg.c6fa0e9131bb42b0e449ef980f445807.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
adding the pdf file
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

National Reality TV Awards

https://nationalrealitytvawards.org/12th-annual-national-reality-tv-awards-2023-nominations-announced/

Mika is nominated for Best Reality TV Judge 2023

• Touker Suleyman (Dragon’s Den)
  • Sir Alan Sugar (The Apprentice)
  • Simon Cowell (BGT)
  • Jason Derulo (Project Icon)
  • Steven Bartlett (Dragon’s Den)
  • Jonathan Ross (The Masked Singer)
  • Deborah Meaden (Dragon’s Den)
  • Alesha Dixon (BGT)
  • Tom Jones (The Voice UK)
  • Mika (The Piano)
  • Mo Gilligan (The Masked Singer)

The National Reality TV Awards 2023 will be broadcast live on VooVix TV to their 4.5 million subscribers, so you won’t want to miss a minute of the action.

And don’t forget to cast your vote for your favourite shows, celebrities, and participants on the official NRTA website

– voting is live from the 26th of April until the 26th of July 2023 at 

www.nationalrealitytvawards.org/voting 

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CriL6MAN6vq/

MikaisnominatedforBestRealityTVJudge2023.thumb.jpg.027979317e52a1e44e6dda5d06eeae63.jpg

Here is the last year's broadcast.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Big Issue.com

24 Apr 2023
The best TV of the year 2023

From Happy Valley to Shrinking, The Power to The Piano, Nolly to Blue Lights – here’s our pick of the Best Television shows of 2023 so far

What are the best television shows of 2023? As TV’s golden age continues to extend way beyond the lifetimes of The Wire, Mad Men and Sopranos, new and exciting small screen entertainment just keeps on coming. If this is the new normal, we could not be happier.

We live in an age of multiple channels and streaming services competing for our eyeballs. So the Best TV of 2023 is as varied as it is compelling. There’s the hard-hitting drama of Happy Valley and talented folk playing music at railway stations in The Piano. There’s a startling adaptation of Naomi Alderman’s The Power and Harrison Ford in ensemble TV comedy Shrinking.

Meanwhile, The Last Of Us could spark a rush to find more games to adapt for TV and Succession is going out on a high. Both hit new heights in episode three. Here is our pick of the best TV shows of 2023 so far.

The Piano – Channel 4

Who knew those pianos we see in railway stations could be the basis of a joyous, uplifting television talent show? Claudia Winkleman, fresh from the huge success of The Traitors, was back with another fresh format show.

With judges Lang Lang and Mika for company, Winkleman sought out talented musicians with strong backstories. They performed on the street pianos at St Pancras, Leeds, Birmingham and Glasgow stations. But, there was a twist. Each player was unaware that they were even in a competition. That some of them ended up at the Royal Festival Hall – where there was not a dry eye in the house after blind and neurodivergent teenager Lucy’s astonishing performance – was as uplifting as television gets. Encore!

BEST-OF-TV-2023_BigIssue.thumb.jpg.959d8aad58eb08856803be1bfa6166f9.jpg

• Like 1

US Today News

https://ustoday.news/blind-and-neurodivergent-teenager-leaves-renowned-pianist-speechless-with-her-amazing-performance/

5 days ago

Blind and neurodivergent teenager leaves renowned pianist speechless with her amazing performance

Britain’s Channel 4 recently launched a reality show entitled The piano. It features amateur pianists being invited to play instruments located at major train stations – but there’s a catch. They perform unaware that they are being watched by top pianist Lang Lang and pop singer Mika, or that they have entered a competition to perform at the prestigious Royal Festival Hall. One of the show’s most impressive performances was that of a blind and neurodivergent 13-year-old girl named Lucy. It left both musicians in awe.

in one Video Shared on Twitter, the girl sits down at the piano with the help of her teacher, Daniel Bath. He later helps her put her hands on the keys. He then announces that Lucy will play “Chopin’s Nocturne 1 in B flat minor (Op. 9, No. 1)”. This surprises Lang Lang, knowing that this is a technically complex tune. Once in place, Lucy begins to play the song with ease and precision while bobbing her head from side to side, genuinely feeling and enjoying the music she is playing. As the confusion grows on Lang Lang’s face, a crowd of commuters gathers around the piano.

“It’s incredible that she can play this piece. How did she study? It’s incredible,” says the famous pianist. Meanwhile, some of the commuters have their phones out to record them, and one even wipes away a tear. When she finishes the piece, her hands come off the piano. As the woman who accompanied Lucy (believed to be her mother) told the reality show host, Lucy likes the applause, but she doesn’t like the sounds of people, so she covers her ears for sensory reasons.

As the cheers fade, the presenter greets Lucy, who claps once and covers her ears again. Meanwhile, Mika gapes at the screen showing the performance as the famous pianist exclaims, “Oh my god! That’s impossible!” Not knowing what to say, Mika points out that the two “idiosyncratic” musicians are “stunned and speechless,” and finishes his sentence with a smile to show how moved she is by the young man were piano players.

Lucy, who has severe autism, has been playing the piano for a number of years. She was the subject of a short documentary produced by the Amber Trust, a non-profit organization that provides musical opportunities for blind children. In it, her teacher and the organization’s founder, Adam Ockelford, explains Lucy’s relationship to music and how she learned to play.

Lucy is shown to pick up from every song she hears and tries to play what she remembers, from classical works to the blues and jazz she loves. With Bath’s help, she perfects each tune. After working it out separately, he presses her fingers down as they play the tune until they let go.

Recalling the day he met her, Ockelford recalls putting a small keyboard in her hand, on which she played “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” “quite rebelliously.” “I thought, ‘Here’s a girl who really cares about music, and it could be a way to tap into her language, her social skills, and most importantly, her zest for life.”

Watch the performance below.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Lucy played at the king's Charles' coronation concert.

I found this short video where we can see a snippet of The Piano final concert with Mika.

Watch Lang Lang at 14:50 and at 27:00, Lucy playing the piano.

Coronation Concert 7 May 2023 part - 1

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

Watch Lang Lang at 14:50 and at 27:00, Lucy playing the piano.

Coronation Concert 7 May 2023 part - 1

Lang Lang plays starting from minute 15 but I was unable to find Lucy here (I didn't watch the whole video).

1 hour ago, SusanT said:

Lang Lang plays starting from minute 15 but I was unable to find Lucy here (I didn't watch the whole video).

Here you are.

Lang Lang and Nicole Scherzinger played ‘Reflection’ from Mulan

Lucy Illingworth played Bach's Prelude in C

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Isle of Wight Radio

Saturday, May 13th, 2023 6:00am

https://www.iwradio.co.uk/news/isle-of-wight-news/emerging-artist-of-the-month-jay-eatwell/

Emerging Artist Of The Month: Jay Eatwell

Isle of Wight Radio's Emerging Artist of the Month for May will be a name familiar to thousands of people across the UK.

Rapper, pianist and songwriter Jay Eatwell was one of the stars of Channel 4's "The Piano", with the 24-year-old hailed as a star in the making by the likes of Mika and Lang Lang.

He sat down to speak to us about an exciting summer ahead and ambition to release his debut album.

Hi Jay, when did you first start making music?

My Dad was the lead singer in a band when I was really young and he bought me a piano which was a platform for me to start learning.

I was rapping with my brother Kes when we were kids, so I was always song-writing since I was really little.

Are you completely self-taught with the piano?

I went to Platform One and studied music there, and had a few piano lessons there which helped.

It was the amount of hours I put into it, I never had a TV in my room so I'd put eight hours in a day and YouTube also helped.

You've mentioned Kes there, is there any chance we’ll see a collab between you both?

I reckon we will, it's a weird one with us — sometimes we struggle to make music together, but we have been talking about collaborating.

There will be a song — if not more than one — coming out of me and my brother very soon I think.

Has it been difficult to break through in such a competitive industry?

It's hard for people to break through but since I've been on the show it's given me the confidence to think I've got something different to what everyone else is doing.

Apart from Dave (below) I don't see a lot of people playing the piano and rapping.

How did you get involved with Channel 4’s The Piano?

I was constantly posting videos on Instagram and I got approached by Love Productions. 

They asked me to come down for an audition in London, but I was told it was a documentary about street pianos, so had no idea it was a talent competition at first!

Has that opened the door for a lot of other things?

It's opened doors and also given me more focus to believe anything's achievable if I put my mind to it.

I've had a lot of people approach me and a lot of opportunities have come from this.

It feels like you could be on the verge of something really exciting...

Mika was saying that he thought life would change for a few of us after the show.

Channel 4 has stayed in touch, they've got duty of care for a while and are making sure I'm not slipping up!

Are you planning to release an album or any more singles in 2023?

I already have an hours' worth of material, most of which I think is really good.

Once I give a studio my music I'm not always happy with how it sounds though, so it's finding the right sound for the album.

I've got things lined up like recording some tracks in a church to get the acoustics from there.

Are there any other Isle of Wight musicians you’d recommend people check out?

I was thinking about doing a track with Levi Collins, collaboration is a good thing I think and I'll be doing a lot of that this year.

You’re a father – do you have any advice for young kids who want to become musicians?

Focus on your dreams and don't think they can't become a reality.

This whole thing has felt like a dream to me, and it shows anything is possible.

I've worked in the building trade but it isn't what I want to do long-term, so I'd tell any young musicians to use your time wisely.

Are there any immediate challenges you need to overcome?

My keyboard's packed up on me, so if anyone can help to fix it or lend me mics, PA systems etc then that would be amazing!

So, it's not all glamorous, even though people would think you're a Channel 4 star who's made it?

Not at all! It's not an overnight process, I've been at this for years and years.

The time will come when it's meant to come — there has to be a few obstacles in the road to prevent you from time-to-time.

Finally Jay, where can people catch a live performance or find links online?

I'll be on the Cirque de la Quirk stage at the Isle of Wight Festival, and also have a slot at Cowes Fringe lined up.

Most of the music I'm uploading is on my Instagram, but I'm hoping to get it onto Spotify down the line.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

Isle of Wight Radio

Saturday, May 13th, 2023 6:00am

https://www.iwradio.co.uk/news/isle-of-wight-news/emerging-artist-of-the-month-jay-eatwell/

Emerging Artist Of The Month: Jay Eatwell

Isle of Wight Radio's Emerging Artist of the Month for May will be a name familiar to thousands of people across the UK.

Rapper, pianist and songwriter Jay Eatwell was one of the stars of Channel 4's "The Piano", with the 24-year-old hailed as a star in the making by the likes of Mika and Lang Lang.

He sat down to speak to us about an exciting summer ahead and ambition to release his debut album.

Hi Jay, when did you first start making music?

My Dad was the lead singer in a band when I was really young and he bought me a piano which was a platform for me to start learning.

I was rapping with my brother Kes when we were kids, so I was always song-writing since I was really little.

Are you completely self-taught with the piano?

I went to Platform One and studied music there, and had a few piano lessons there which helped.

It was the amount of hours I put into it, I never had a TV in my room so I'd put eight hours in a day and YouTube also helped.

You've mentioned Kes there, is there any chance we’ll see a collab between you both?

I reckon we will, it's a weird one with us — sometimes we struggle to make music together, but we have been talking about collaborating.

There will be a song — if not more than one — coming out of me and my brother very soon I think.

Has it been difficult to break through in such a competitive industry?

It's hard for people to break through but since I've been on the show it's given me the confidence to think I've got something different to what everyone else is doing.

Apart from Dave (below) I don't see a lot of people playing the piano and rapping.

How did you get involved with Channel 4’s The Piano?

I was constantly posting videos on Instagram and I got approached by Love Productions. 

They asked me to come down for an audition in London, but I was told it was a documentary about street pianos, so had no idea it was a talent competition at first!

Has that opened the door for a lot of other things?

It's opened doors and also given me more focus to believe anything's achievable if I put my mind to it.

I've had a lot of people approach me and a lot of opportunities have come from this.

It feels like you could be on the verge of something really exciting...

Mika was saying that he thought life would change for a few of us after the show.

Channel 4 has stayed in touch, they've got duty of care for a while and are making sure I'm not slipping up!

Are you planning to release an album or any more singles in 2023?

I already have an hours' worth of material, most of which I think is really good.

Once I give a studio my music I'm not always happy with how it sounds though, so it's finding the right sound for the album.

I've got things lined up like recording some tracks in a church to get the acoustics from there.

Are there any other Isle of Wight musicians you’d recommend people check out?

I was thinking about doing a track with Levi Collins, collaboration is a good thing I think and I'll be doing a lot of that this year.

You’re a father – do you have any advice for young kids who want to become musicians?

Focus on your dreams and don't think they can't become a reality.

This whole thing has felt like a dream to me, and it shows anything is possible.

I've worked in the building trade but it isn't what I want to do long-term, so I'd tell any young musicians to use your time wisely.

Are there any immediate challenges you need to overcome?

My keyboard's packed up on me, so if anyone can help to fix it or lend me mics, PA systems etc then that would be amazing!

So, it's not all glamorous, even though people would think you're a Channel 4 star who's made it?

Not at all! It's not an overnight process, I've been at this for years and years.

The time will come when it's meant to come — there has to be a few obstacles in the road to prevent you from time-to-time.

Finally Jay, where can people catch a live performance or find links online?

I'll be on the Cirque de la Quirk stage at the Isle of Wight Festival, and also have a slot at Cowes Fringe lined up.

Most of the music I'm uploading is on my Instagram, but I'm hoping to get it onto Spotify down the line.

Thanks @Kumazzz

I'm glad Channel 4 keeps in touch with young musicians it helps launch 😊

• Like 1

On The Wight

https://onthewight.com/hear-jay-eatwells-story-of-his-amazing-journey-on-the-piano-tv-show-podcast/

Tuesday, 25th April, 2023 6:36pm

Hear Jay Eatwell’s story of his amazing journey on The Piano TV show (Podcast)

Hear Jay Eatwell tell his amazing story behind The Piano TV show – every step – how it came to be, what each stage was like and his Royal Festival Hall performance

Record Store Day at Ventnor Exchange last weekend featured a live performance by pianist and rapper, Jay Eatwell, the Isle of Wight’s successful finalist in the recent Channel Four’s series, The Piano.

Music lovers packed into the Exchange to watch Jay as he played six original tracks to rapturous applause and calls for an encore.

Where it all started
We caught up with Jay after his performance for a chat about how things have been since appearing on national TV and beating hundreds of others to perform live at the Royal Festival Hall.

Jay explained that he had been approached by the production company for The Piano via his Instagram account. This is where Jay had been sharing short videos of himself playing piano to new compositions every day. He explained,

“I was putting out a lot of stuff on Instagram and so they approached me and asked me a few questions, and asked me to go up for an audition in London.

“I played about five of my own original songs and they got back to me and said they really liked that and wanted me to do this thing in St Pancras. I still didn’t know what it was, I just thought yeah, I’d be interested in doing, this signed a few things and then off I went.

“After that I moved on to performing at St Pancras station, which is when I found out what the show was, and that Mika and Lang Lang had been watching it the whole time.”

Jay said he had no idea what was really going on as the production company had told him they were making a street piano documentary.

“It was nerve racking the first time “
Asking how that felt, Jay told News OnTheWight,

“It was nerve racking the first time and it was the fact that there were so many cameras on me at that point. Everywhere I walked they were following me, about four different cameramen – big drone cameras were in the station at the time and I thought this is a bit odd for a chilled little street documentary, I was thinking is a bit odd.

“It’s a bit weird, but everywhere I went they would just follow me, but you get used to it. You actually get to kind of like it.”

“I like it now,” Jay laughs.

The piano listens to you”
In the leadup to the final performance at Royal Festival Hall, Jay got to practice on a Steinway grand piano over Freshwater Memorial Hall. He explained he usually plays on a keyboard, but that playing a Steinway is on another level.

“It’s so different. It’s more natural. Everything is sensitive, you can put more emotion into an actual piano. It’s a weird way of saying it, but they sort of listen to you more than a keyboard does. Obviously you can get a weighted keyboard, but playing an actual piano is very different.”

Anticipation building all day
On the day of the performance at the Royal Festival Hall, when Jay performed in front of several thousand people, the suspense was building up for all the contestants from 9am in the morning, which is when they had to arrive by – even though the performance was not until 7pm. He saidm

“The suspense was mad, because I was running through that song so many times. I had to go through it with the choir and it got to the point where I was practicing it so much, I was thinking I’m just gonna forget it. Because I’ve done it so much.”

Jay explained they were really well looked after by the programme, during and after the appearances.

Lots more to hear about
We talked more about what it was like performing on the night with the choir, Jay’s clear ability to compose and direct, his time at Platform One College of Music, what he’s been up to since the programme aired and his hopes for the future.

Grab a cuppa, put your feet up and click play below and listen to our conversation with Jay Eatwell, Finalist in Channel Four’s series, The Piano – it’s just short of 23 minutes long.

Watch a short clip from Jay’s performance on Saturday by clicking on the image below.

http://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=744593927145993

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sean Logan INSTAGRAM

seanloganpiano

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs00Em_sY8O/

Amazing news!

@channel4 's #thepiano has been nominated for the @officialntas NATIONAL TELEVISION AWARDS for Best Talent Show.

Please, it is really appreciated if you go onto the National Television Awards and vote for us in the talent show variety.

Having had a wonderful time last week performing and certainly learning a thing or two at Ludlow's Piano festival with some of my favourite UK based entertainers (Many of which I grew up watching when I was younger!)

Now looking forward to the @isleofwightfest where I shall be playing on the saturday, having visited and had a wonderful at @cowes_fringe truly a spectacular island.

Huge contratulations and thank you to @mikainstagram @langlangpiano @claudiawinkle @danieljameswilsher @jay_eatwell .

Here's to a fantastic year and hope to see you all again soon! 🎉

seanloganpiano_350114258_1413699822728445_103303037607216157_n.thumb.jpg.0fcb49511665401ec240905d82f4ae05.jpg

• Like 2

We missed Sean's interview. :doh:

The Herald (Scotland)

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/23389518.piano-scots-star-hit-show-music-means-much/

16th March 2023

The Piano:

Scots star of hit show on why music means so much to him

Sean Logan, 27, from Edinburgh, won in the third week at Glasgow Central Station, with judge Mika calling his performance "brilliant anarchy".

When did you first start playing?

I am self-taught and started at 6 years old. I began composing my own music about the same time to understand how music works.

Were you aware of how the crowd was responding to your performance? 

When I perform I watch the audience out of the corner of my eye. I process the feedback to see what they are feeling, and I will change a piece on the spot to ensure the audience is captivated. It is a good feeling when people appreciate my music as then I know I am doing something right.

Have you ever played the piano at a train station before?

If I see one, if it’s free, and I have time, I’m jumping on it.

How was your mentoring session with Mika?

A real masterclass. I usually play in really loud bands, so I rarely have the opportunity to play in the way we did in that session.

How did the performers get on with each other?

I loved meeting Jay and Danny. It was like putting me through a friend finder. To meet guys who are into the same stuff was amazing. We have great plans to work and perform together, and already have a project on the way. I am so happy the audience gets a chance to hear more from the incredible Lucy, who has opened a door for the public into neurodiversity.

Any moment that stands out from the final?

Speaking to Lang Lang after the concert, not as a maestro but as a person, was special. He is so down to earth. He told me I was built for the stage, and to hear that from him was incredibly affirming.

What is next for you?

Keep an eye on my social media, there will be news coming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2