2022 - Mika @ TV recording for The Piano, Royal Festival Hall, London - 10 November

silver

Lang Lang and Mika guide four astonishing musicians on a journey from playing on public pianos in train stations around the UK to the Royal Festival Hall stage.

THU 10 NOV, 7PM

A free musical celebration of the cherished instrument, hosted by Claudia Winkleman, Mika and Lang Lang

We know Mika will be performing too

Please RSVP here if you're going:

• Like 10

• mellody changed the title to 2022 - Mika @ TV recording for The Piano, Royal Festival Hall, London - 10 November

So does this mean we all have tickets as a group? So what is everyone doing about accommodation in London? Anybody want to share with me, hotel room etc.? And will there be MFC gatherings the Wednesday the 9th November?

14 minutes ago, Patricia Birden said:

And will there be MFC gatherings the Wednesday the 9th November?

Nothing has been decided yet. But I would prefer Thursday (afternoon) or Friday because my flight is not until Thursday morning/lunch.

2 hours ago, Patricia Birden said:

So does this mean we all have tickets as a group? 

As Deb said, she won't know before tomorrow how many tickets we'll get for MFC, and how they'll be given away. So just that she put you on the list of people who are interested doesn't mean you'll get a ticket for sure, I hope that's clear. We *hope* to get enough for everyone, so we'll all be in a group, but we can't be sure yet. Did you get a ticket in the general sale?

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

Nothing has been decided yet. But I would prefer Thursday (afternoon) or Friday because my flight is not until Thursday morning/lunch.

I can't be there Wednesday yet either, probably just for 24 hours (or less) Thu-Fri. And I don't think we'll organize an actual party, but maybe just meet for dinner before the show or so.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mellody said:

Did you get a ticket in the general sale?

I thought that people who have a ticket are not entitled to an MFC ticket. Has that been changed?

1 minute ago, Prisca said:

I thought that people who have a ticket are not entitled to an MFC ticket. Has that been changed?

I think Deb just said that those who don't have tickets yet will get them first, if we don't get enough for everyone. That's why I was wondering if Patricia already had one.

• Like 1

Just now, mellody said:

I think Deb just said that those who don't have tickets yet will get them first, if we don't get enough for everyone. That's why I was wondering if Patricia already had one.

Not officially, no, that's all Deb wrote:

On 10/6/2022 at 9:18 PM, dcdeb said:

Anna's idea of creating a list is a good one, though, so if you are planning to come to London on 10th November to see Mika at Southbank Centre AND YOU DON'T HAVE TICKETS YET, please send me a private message and I'll keep a list. If you already have your tickets, please don't add yourself to the list at this time -- since I don't know how many tickets we'll get, I want to try to provide for those who don't have them yet. Thanks. :thumb_yello:

And how is she going to control who has tickets? Anyone could buy them at the general sale. And those who were honest and didn't buy a ticket (I'm not one of them, I bought one through membership with others before I knew anything about a list) might now go empty-handed?

There is an inconsistency here.

Those who were proactive and bought a membership to obtain a ticket in the presale, which everyone was free to do, and before we knew of an MFC allocation, are barred from putting their name forward. 

So those who are honest about having a ticket, and who acted quickly, are now barred from the opportunity to get a better seat, and are relegated to the rear stalls. 

Further, members could put their name forward when it was announced, in full compliance, but subsequently obtain a ticket in the general sale. There have been several posts on SM of people getting tickets. 

Unfortunately, there is no way of verifying if those on the list are genuinely without a ticket. There has to be parity and transparency in such matters. To be told that I cannot participate as a member is quite galling. Surely any competitions, draws and giveaways should be open to all members? The only fair way would be to make the draw open to all members who are able to attend. Then, those who win but already have tickets can pass them on to the other members. Everyone gets an equal shot at the good seats, and the other seats are recycled amongst the membership. No need for anyone to miss out or be penalised for simply being too keen. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Hero said:

There is an inconsistency here.

Those who were proactive and bought a membership to obtain a ticket in the presale, which everyone was free to do, and before we knew of an MFC allocation, are barred from putting their name forward. 

So those who are honest about having a ticket, and who acted quickly, are now barred from the opportunity to get a better seat, and are relegated to the rear stalls. 

Further, members could put their name forward when it was announced, in full compliance, but subsequently obtain a ticket in the general sale. There have been several posts on SM of people getting tickets. 

Unfortunately, there is no way of verifying if those on the list are genuinely without a ticket. There has to be parity and transparency in such matters. To be told that I cannot participate as a member is quite galling. Surely any competitions, draws and giveaways should be open to all members? The only fair way would be to make the draw open to all members who are able to attend. Then, those who win but already have tickets can pass them on to the other members. Everyone gets an equal shot at the good seats, and the other seats are recycled amongst the membership. No need for anyone to miss out or be penalised for simply being too keen. 

Those who bought a membership wanted to get the best places (imo). Now when we know that it hasn't happen I can understand their disappointment. 

Then in a general sale people could have get up to 6 tickets. Still not in the first rows. But they have their places.

As I was traveling I was not even able to try to get a ticket. When at last I was able to connect there was no places available at all.

As Deb proposed in her post - only fans without ticket can be put on the list. We still don't know which places and how many there will be allocated to MFC. So it can be that me - being honest and not looking for a ticket to buy - will not have a ticket at all.

So I don't understand why you think that proactive fans are treated now in an unfair way. Or maybe I misunderstood your words?

I bought the membership for the tickets in Philharmonie de Paris and it was my own choice to spend more money just to have a ticket. It was not in the first rows either - in the middle of the venue. But I was happy that I had my place.

I never won any tickets or invitations for Mika's gig, event or whatever. 

And now it might happen that people took so many spare tickets (in the back part of the venue) that a part of the chairs will stay empty. So I find it unfair that some fans will have tickets they bought in advance and maybe "win" another one from the MFC part. Because if everybody takes part of the draw our chances to get the places getting smaller and smaller.

The best thing that can happen is that Mika gives us as much places as we need. I cross my fingers for this option.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Those who bought a membership wanted to get the best places (imo).

When we made the membership, we didn't know there were MFC tickets nor the general sale because it was for a recording programme. We just really wanted tickets.

6 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

As Deb proposed in her post - only fans without ticket can be put on the list. We still don't know which places and how many there will be allocated to MFC. So it can be that me - being honest and not looking for a ticket to buy - will not have a ticket at all.

And I'm really sorry if you don't get a ticket. Unfortunately, not everyone is as honest as you. And a competition/ticket giveaway should be for EVERYONE. I thought the MFC was for everyone? It's not fair to punish those who got interested in tickets early because they really wanted to be there.

9 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And now it might happen that people took so many spare tickets (in the back part of the venue) that a part of the chairs will stay empty. So I find it unfair that some fans will have tickets they bought in advance and maybe "win" another one from the MFC part. Because if everybody takes part of the draw our chances to get the places getting smaller and smaller.

I only have one ticket for myself and if I still get an MFC ticket, I will pass on mine. And I really hope that most of them do. I don't want to see as many empty seats as at Eurovision again, even though it was officially sold out. :facepalm:

12 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

The best thing that can happen is that Mika gives us as much places as we need. I cross my fingers for this option.

I totally agree with you on this point. 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

5 minutes ago, Prisca said:

It's not fair to punish those who got interested in tickets early because they really wanted to be there.

I think the expression you used "to punish" is not correct here. People have their places already.

Well, anyway I see that I have to wait with buying my flight tickets until it's clear if I will have a ticket for the show or not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I think the expression you used "to punish" is not correct here. People have their places already.

I disagree, ticket giveaways should be for everyone. Anyone can say they don't have tickets and then get better tickets in the front stalls. Is that fair? In my opinion, much worse. At least I was honest about having a ticket in the rear stalls...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I disagree, ticket giveaways should be for everyone. Anyone can say they don't have tickets and then get better tickets in the front stalls. Is that fair? In my opinion, much worse. At least I was honest about having a ticket in the rear stalls...

And if people who are on the list win MFC tickets when they actually have tickets, I think that will cause a lot more empty seats because the tickets were free and because they won't want to give them away for fear of being exposed that they already had tickets.

25 minutes ago, Prisca said:

In my country there is a saying that "someone with a full belly will never understand a hungry one".

If I had a ticket I would have agreed with Deb's rule and wouldn't have asked to be put on the list.

But I don't want to fight with those who don't want to be honest in this situation.

If I don't have a ticket I will not go to London. Whatever...  first row, last row.... 

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

In my country there is a saying that "someone with a full belly will never understand a hungry one".

If I had a ticket I would have agreed with Deb's rule and wouldn't have asked to be put on the list.

But don't want to fight with those who don't want to be honest in this situation.

If I don't have a ticket I will not go to London. Whatever...  first row, last row.... 

You are too good a person.

1 minute ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

You're too nice. I would say I'm naive or even stupid :giveup: Life is brutal and being nice or good isn't always appreciated. 

I don't think life is fair in general. The people who succeed should be the ones who are nice, not the ones who are sneaky and cunning. And that is not at all related to the MFC. I am not saying that MFCers are like that, but I am saying that not all of them are honest.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Those who bought a membership wanted to get the best places (imo).

I can't speak for others, but in my case, I wanted to be certain of having a ticket before it sold out. 

Then in a general sale people could have get up to 6 tickets.

6 tickets per person was the maximum for both pre sale and general sale. 

they have their places.

We do, and I am grateful for that. 

As I was traveling I was not even able to try to get a ticket. When at last I was able to connect there was no places available at all.

I'm very sorry to hear this Anna. 😔 

So it can be that me - being honest and not looking for a ticket to buy - will not have a ticket at all.

I truly hope that is not the case and you are able to get a ticket. I would love to see you there. ❤

So I don't understand why you think that proactive fans are treated now in an unfair way. Or maybe I misunderstood your words?

I understand your perspective.

But the fact is that anyone was free to purchase tickets in the general sale, or in the presale with the purchase of a membership. And many did. The concern lies in how this is vetted, as I don't believe it can be. Unfortunately not everyone is honest, particularly  when their idol is involved. There are those who will lie and say they do not have a ticket, in order to get their name on the list. And there are those who added their name to the list in full compliance with Deb's request, but who subsequently obtained tickets in the general sale. How many of them are now contacting Deb to be removed from the list? Or are Deb and the mods trawling through all the SM posts to try and find them? Of course not, that would be an ineffective use of their time. 

The list is based on expecting members to be honest. That is a nice idea, and it would be lovely if it worked that way, but unfortunately not everybody is - particularly if it means getting closer to Mika. 

And now it might happen that people took so many spare tickets (in the back part of the venue) that a part of the chairs will stay empty.

As the tickets are free, I really hope those with spares have the courtesy to offer them to the MFC. I don't want to see empty seats in the hall for a sold out show with a waiting list. That is not fair on anyone - attendees or performers.

So I find it unfair that some fans will have tickets they bought in advance and maybe "win" another one from the MFC part. Because if everybody takes part of the draw our chances to get the places getting smaller and smaller.

Yes, perhaps. But the point is that, as there is no effective way to ascertain who does or does not already have tickets, the requirement does not work. It results in an inconsistency amongst the membership. When you are a member of a club, any draws, comps or giveaways should be equally open to all members. Unless there is some legal restriction, such as the venue not accepting under 18s. Even then, some would still try their luck. Do you think it acceptable to bar a section of the community from entry, when there is no effective mechanism to ensure the eligibility of those who do enter?

Don't get me wrong. I am very grateful to have a ticket and will enjoy it wherever I am seated. And I truly hope that those who still need them are able to obtain tickets. I would be thrilled to see a hall full of Mika fans. :fangurl:

I do not mean to upset anyone. But I strongly believe that where there is a perceived unfairness or inconsistency, it should be voiced, particularly in a community such as ours. It may be that nothing can be done on this occasion, but it can be used as a learning point for the future. 

This would indeed be the best outcome, and I cross my fingers with you. 

And, Anna, if we are permitted to join the draw, and I get a ticket but you do not, I would be very happy to give you my spare. 🤗

• Like 2