I absolutely love the folk duo First Aid Kit and I'm surprised that not many people seem to talk about them or know their music so I thought I'd create this thread to discuss all things First Aid Kit! 😊

Their 5th album Palomino was released last week and I'm absolutely in love with it! I won't share all the songs individually just the ones with music videos. But please check out the rest of their music too, they deserve so much more recognition!

Angel:

Out of my Head:

(very relatable for me)

Turning Onto You:

A Feeling That Never Came:

(my favourite on the album)

Palomino:

Link to listen to all of the album:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_k03T4VXS3Dh9IRPYGqQj5noJJ42B3cLCA

Gutted I missed out on going to any of their gigs this year, hopefully they'll be back next year!

• 2 weeks later...

I know them from Silver Lining, it became a big hit over here bc it was used in a Renault commercial!

To my surprise, when I listened to Tove Lo's new album a while ago, I saw that they had a feature on her album too. I had totally forgotten about them! But I like these two songs I've heard of them, so maybe I should check them out more 😁

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jaela said:

so maybe I should check them out more 😁

Yay new First Aid Kit fan!

Go check their music out and I'll check out Tove Lo because I've never heard of her before now! 😅

3 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Yay new First Aid Kit fan!

Go check their music out and I'll check out Tove Lo because I've never heard of her before now! 😅

You haven't? I'm sure you know this song though! You could hardly escape it back in the day hahaha.

It's a pity that she remained so underrated though, she makes great music, but just like with Mika she seems to exist mostly in a niche. I'll leave you with this one as well, a collab with Kylie Minogue! She and Mika also have that in common 😂

2 hours ago, Jaela said:

You haven't? I'm sure you know this song though! You could hardly escape it back in the day hahaha.

I really haven't heard this before!

After listening to a few songs on youtube I'm not sure Tove Lo is my kind of music either... 

27 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

After listening to a few songs on youtube I'm not sure Tove Lo is my kind of music either... 

Hm, maybe it wasn't as big in the UK, but here you couldn't escape it on the radio hahaha. I don't like a lot of songs from her older albums, but her last 2 albums are really good imo. Those are a bit less heavy on the electropop, which also generally isn't my thing. But she's a great vocalist and idk, i just like her vibe hahaha. Last thing i'll leave you with to underline my point and conclude my pitch 😆.

I do NOT like Olivia Rodrigo, but i think she made this song a whole lot better and put some more real and raw emotion into it

I saw them live recently as they came to promote their new album with Banquet Records. They performed in Kingston upon Thames. Going to see them again in London in December. They were very good!

I discovered them through the video game "Life is Strange 2" as one of the characters sings "I found a way"

• Like 1

Thanks for dropping the videos here, @TinyLove_CJ I had heard OF them, but I hadn't heard anything by them. Having the videos right in front of me made it easy for me to listen to them, and I agree -- I really like them! Will seek out more now.

As for Tove Lo, I had only heard "Stay High" from her and really liked it -- wasn't aware she'd done more recently. I need to get out of the Mika bubble more!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Then you haven't watched series 5 of The Voice France. :naughty: One of Mika's best moments that series, he liked the singer so much he ran to the family room and brought them on stage with him to persuade her to choose him. 

You can watch it to see if the strategy worked. 😉 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TTel20 said:

Going to see them again in London in December.

That's awesome that you're getting to see them again! You'll have to let me know how the gig goes and if they say whether they'll be back in the UK anytime soon!

(Missed tickets for Leeds and Manchester and there's no way I can travel to their other gigs :( )

Don't know if you're the type to photo/video gigs (I know not everyone does) but my favourite song from the new album is A Feeling That Never Came, could you film it if they sing it?

But please don't feel obliged to do so if you don't want to! That's fine.

I hope you enjoy the concert! 😊

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/21/2022 at 10:22 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

That's awesome that you're getting to see them again! You'll have to let me know how the gig goes and if they say whether they'll be back in the UK anytime soon!

(Missed tickets for Leeds and Manchester and there's no way I can travel to their other gigs :( )

Don't know if you're the type to photo/video gigs (I know not everyone does) but my favourite song from the new album is A Feeling That Never Came, could you film it if they sing it?

But please don't feel obliged to do so if you don't want to! That's fine.

I hope you enjoy the concert! 😊

I saw them on the 8th and very good concert. it's a good song. I recorded only a few bits of very few songs, I will have to check after my holidays. They were very happy to be back in the UK but didn't mention anything about another too for next year. Who knows. 

• Thanks 1