Jump to content

2022 - MFC meetup & M&G with Mika @ Royal Festival Hall, London - 10 November - REPORTS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS


Kumazzz
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Caillean said:

A girl was pushing him to take a photo with her phone

 

Phoebe wasn't pushing at all, she was raising her voice because she was in the back, so Mika could hear her, but she asked him whether he'd do it, and would as well have taken No for an answer. That was actually a pretty funny moment (I saw a video of it taken by Fanny, hope it gets posted here...). And as I know Phoebe a little, I know that she isn't aggressive or pushy, but just a very fun, lively and spontaneous young girl, who doesn't take things too seriously, like some other fans do. But yes, some who were there were going too far, by pushing others out of the way, running towards Mika or even touching him. As I said, it has always been like that, and although there are M&G's where everyone is nice and calm and respectful, unfortunately the opposite does often happen. Still Mika came out to meet his fans a lot of times this summer, although I'm sure that over the years he has learned more to do what's good for him and not what others want him to do. In the early days he did M&G's after every show, even when he was ill, but nowadays it's not given anymore that he does - so when he does, we can trust that he does it because he wants to, and not because he's too nice to say no.

  • Like 18
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm so happy to have been able to participate in the recording of "The Piano", at the Royal Festival Hall in London. I really liked the format of the television program, the location, the performances of the finalists and the performances of Mika, the single on the piano and the one with Max, Ida and Lang Lang. :lustslow: I loved when Mika, after recording, wanted to meet us and finally see in his hands our Yearbook. It was a very special moment! :wub2:

Thanks again to those who allowed all this: Deb, the staff of Mika and Mika. 🙏❤️
I share videos and photos:

 

1668147207434.jpg

1668146706256.jpg

1668147143074.jpg

1668147052712.jpg

1668146904473.jpg

1668152937013.jpg

Polish_20221111_011757745.jpg

Polish_20221111_012917288.jpg

20221110_183639.jpg

20221110_131513.jpg

20221109_191153.jpg

20221109_192804.jpg

20221110_230225.jpg

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SusanT said:

Were the men on both sides of Mika bodyguards?

 

1 hour ago, krysady said:

Yes

 

Venue security, that's not the same as bodyguards. ;) Mika usually doesn't have bodyguards, he doesn't even want security with him when he walks through the crowd (tho maybe just because they couldn't keep up with his pace anyway :naughty:).

 

Those 2 in London might just have been the staff at the doors, who had to take care that no unauthorized people would walk back in the venue. And maybe they thought, or were told to, protect Mika as well - but as Michelle said, Mika told them it's ok.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/11/2022 at 1:43 PM, kath said:

Still struggling with eyesight so difficult for me to read or see pics and please excuse any mistakes.

yes - the people behind us behaved appallingly. 
 

Mika fans at the end were very predictable. Over the (almost) 16 years little has changed really. It’s push push, selfish behaviour. Such a shame. 
 

HOWEVER… all that said- what a fantastic night! Abby and I had a complete nightmare to get there but were very grateful that the staff let us in at 6:50. The show was absolutely incredible and I literally can’t wait to see the series! 
and I certainly hadn’t expected a M and G with Mika. 
Thank you so much Deb (and everyone involved) for all your hard work to pull this off for us. It is much appreciated. 
And lovely to see so many old faces. X

I’m so happy you made it there Kath. I’m sorry I missed you, I didn’t see you anywhere and would have loved to say hi🥰

Edited by Kasia Mousa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, mellody said:

 

 

Venue security, that's not the same as bodyguards. ;) Mika usually doesn't have bodyguards, he doesn't even want security with him when he walks through the crowd (tho maybe just because they couldn't keep up with his pace anyway :naughty:).

 

Those 2 in London might just have been the staff at the doors, who had to take care that no unauthorized people would walk back in the venue. And maybe they thought, or were told to, protect Mika as well - but as Michelle said, Mika told them it's ok.

Indeed, they were normally the security staff, but at that moment they were there to protect Mika, that's what I meant. Probably his management asked for that, just in case, and Mika agreed :dunno_grin:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was a beautiful night!

First of all, seeing you all there! Some of us even got the chance to meet Mr Deb, Brian. What a lovely gentleman and “a saint” (Mika’s words).

I just adored Grace Kelly as Mika and just a grand piano is a rare and a delightful combination! Before he started singing, he told the story of how he wrote GK. 
I loved all the 4 pianists, one especially. It was so emotional, I didn’t stop crying from the beginning until the end of the performance. 
The grand final was a very special version of Happy Ending and what a treat again to see Mika, Max and Ida❤️ Plus Lang Lang! This man is just phenomenal! 
A wonderful meet&greet. Yes, I agree, some of us did get a bit overexcited but all in all it was great and Mika publicly apologised for repeatedly teasing Deb😁 It was so heart-warming to see them together, Mika’s arm stretched around he shoulder. Awww❤️❤️❤️

I loved it how he thanked her for everything as surely MFC without her would never be the same. Once again Deb - thank you!

Shortly after the m&g when we were on the way downstairs Mika zoomed past us and soon again had a small crowd around him. I felt a bit guilty of being there too and said to him we didn’t want to follow him like lunatics, it’s just that we couldn’t help ourselves, as he’s too rarely in London. He laughed and agreed to have a last selfie taken. This turned into a group photo when I think one of the production people took a photo of all of us with his phone (I later asked him to air drop it to me and it turned out to be a Live Photo, so even better😁). Mika gave one last autograph to a small boy and was (I hope) finally free to speak to some other people. 
Just a personal reflection - yes  it’s easy to get overexcited in Mika’s presence but we should all acknowledge that he doesn’t even need to meet us and I hope we do all we can not to test his patience. He’s the nicest and the most giving person there can be and deserves nothing more but respect. 
When  we get invited to a show like this where there are photo/video restrictions, we have to follow them. As we are proud of Mika, let’s try to make him a little proud of us too (which I know he is, it’s just that there are always exceptions to every rule)🥰

Love to all and I can’t wait to see everyone again!

 

Edited by Kasia Mousa
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am all mixed up as I can’t see well enough but I am getting my first operation on Tuesday so I will come back on then and read the whole thread and reply x 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was an amazing night, and a very special memory. I was dithering beforehand about going, but I am so glad I did! To share that special night with fellow MFCers was truly heartwarming. 💖 The performances were astonishing, and I urge anyone who can to watch the show when it's televised. You won't regret it. :lustslow:

 

I was pleasantly surprised by how many attendees followed the rules, I only saw one person with their phone out during the show, and security got to her quickly. The seating arrangements - well, it was a shame we weren't all sat together as originally promised, but I can understand why people took the opportunity to be closer to the stage. Besides, it all went to pot when the production crew asked for volunteers, didn't it? I don't know what they were expecting, but not the mad rush that followed! :lmfao: I chose not to move, I was very happy with my seat, it was in the back row but I had a clear view of the stage and could hear well. 

 

The M&G was brilliant, it was so lovely and generous of Mika to spend time with us like that. I was stood next to and just a little behind him and I swear, there is something so special about him, he has such a powerful aura or presence that radiates and instantly brightens the room. :mika1:  :wub2:

 

It did mean that I got to see the crowd from his perspective though. OMG that was terrifying!:yikes: The crush at the end was insane, it was lucky no-one was hurt. If that's what he usually experiences I'm amazed he puts himself through it. Honestly, I'm not exaggerating here, from his viewpoint it was crazy. Give the poor man room to breathe! 

 

But these are small niggles. The show was wonderful, he was incredible, the performances were amazing, the M&G was fantastic, and seeing my MFC friends again and sharing this with them was brilliant. 🥰 Thank you so much Deb, Mika and the team for making this happen. :flowers2: ❤  Can't wait to watch it next year! 

 

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Thank you Kasia for your report.

 

I feel better knowing I was not only one with wet eyes...

The magic was there. For sure.

I also had wet eyes... it was incredible. 🥲

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/12/2022 at 11:21 PM, mellody said:

 

Cool, when/where did you meet her? I know some fans were looking for her after the show, to say thank you for her wonderful performance, but we didn't see her.

At the stage door. She suddenly appeared from being outside and came in via the stage door to pick her stuff. Really happy as it was the first time I properly met Ida.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

 

Nothing exceptional but I am putting my videos here.

 

 

 

 

 

When did the little boy manage to see Mika as Mika left after getting the yearbook? I hope the boy managed to meet Lang Lang as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, TTel20 said:

When did the little boy manage to see Mika as Mika left after getting the yearbook? I hope the boy managed to meet Lang Lang as well.

 

Mika left after the M&G, but when we were standing around further down the hallway, wondering where we could go for a drink, he suddenly came down the stairs and made his way to the foyer, to say hi to some people from the production (and he also was asked for some autographs and selfies there). In fact, he came down the stairs right behind me, I had gone a bit more towards the foyer than the others at that point and was looking on my mobile - dunno why I looked up, but Mika was right there, rushing past me - so I was very surprised and said "Oh, Hi again!" :roftl: and he didn't reply, but I think he smiled, or at least looked at me in a nice way for a second. :teehee:

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TTel20 said:

When did the little boy manage to see Mika as Mika left after getting the yearbook? I hope the boy managed to meet Lang Lang as well.

 

8 hours ago, mellody said:

 

Mika left after the M&G, but when we were standing around further down the hallway, wondering where we could go for a drink, he suddenly came down the stairs and made his way to the foyer, to say hi to some people from the production (and he also was asked for some autographs and selfies there). In fact, he came down the stairs right behind me, I had gone a bit more towards the foyer than the others at that point and was looking on my mobile - dunno why I looked up, but Mika was right there, rushing past me - so I was very surprised and said "Oh, Hi again!" :roftl: and he didn't reply, but I think he smiled, or at least looked at me in a nice way for a second. :teehee:

 

 

Yes, the little boy had his autograph in the foyer later after the m&g.

I've heard that he had an autograph from Lang Lang as well.

 

Funny thing is that the boy didn't have anything for signing and @Katia SEKULA  gave him one half of the paper sheet with her ticket email when we were waiting for Mika. She kept the other half for herself. And she did get the Lang Lang autograph as well!!!!

The boy was waiting with us and was very very excited. He was jumping all the time and couldn't stay still.

I though he was waiting for Lang Lang (he had Chinese origines) but it looks he really wanted Mika's autograph. So I am happy that the only one Mika signed was for him. I did not have this chance. I asked Mika to sign a  photo from The Piano promo that I brought with me and Mika didn't want to sign it. I haven't seen him signing anything except this one for the little boy.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, SusanT said:

Were the men on both sides of Mika bodyguards?

 

15 hours ago, mellody said:

 

 

Venue security, that's not the same as bodyguards. ;) Mika usually doesn't have bodyguards, he doesn't even want security with him when he walks through the crowd (tho maybe just because they couldn't keep up with his pace anyway :naughty:).

 

Those 2 in London might just have been the staff at the doors, who had to take care that no unauthorized people would walk back in the venue. And maybe they thought, or were told to, protect Mika as well - but as Michelle said, Mika told them it's ok.

 

14 hours ago, krysady said:

Indeed, they were normally the security staff, but at that moment they were there to protect Mika, that's what I meant. Probably his management asked for that, just in case, and Mika agreed :dunno_grin:


 

 

11 hours ago, Hero said:

It did mean that I got to see the crowd from his perspective though. OMG that was terrifying!:yikes: The crush at the end was insane, it was lucky no-one was hurt. If that's what he usually experiences I'm amazed he puts himself through it. Honestly, I'm not exaggerating here, from his viewpoint it was crazy. Give the poor man room to breathe! 


 

I have watched the videos from different perspectives and I have to agree with you - it was insane how the crowd was closing in on Mika as soon as he came out. I must have been in a dead corner on the right side (from Mika‘s perspective on his left side), because there was a LOT going on and I was out of the line of fire. 
 

I’ve noticed that the security staff is usually there when Mika comes out. They start out protecting him/making way for him (for example when his car needs to go through), but then at some point either he or his manager tell them to step aside. The only time there wasn’t any security was when he came out of his hotel (which happened to be next to the venue) in Carcassonne - fortunately it wasn’t necessary.

 

In my opinion, the best crowd control would be to set up gates and let security be there to manage in case of it escalating. This way no one has the possibility to run up to him, which ultimately ensues chaos.

However, this setup was not possible in the Royal Festival Hall and Mika so far feels safe enough with us fans… I really hope we can keep it that way. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

 

 

 

Yes, the little boy had his autograph in the foyer later after the m&g.

I've heard that he had an autograph from Lang Lang as well.

 

Funny thing is that the boy didn't have anything for signing and @Katia SEKULA  gave him one half of the paper sheet with her ticket email when we were waiting for Mika. She kept the other half for herself. And she did get the Lang Lang autograph as well!!!!

The boy was waiting with us and was very very excited. He was jumping all the time and couldn't stay still.

I though he was waiting for Lang Lang (he had Chinese origines) but it looks he really wanted Mika's autograph. So I am happy that the only one Mika signed was for him. I did not have this chance. I asked Mika to sign a  photo from The Piano promo that I brought with me and Mika didn't want to sign it. I haven't seen him signing anything except this one for the little boy.

 


Ahhhh I am so glad the little boy managed to get an autograph!! He was so excited, waiting in front of the door where Mika would come out. So sweet he also got Langlang‘s autograph. I am very happy for him!!! 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Kasia Mousa said:

This turned into a group photo when I think one of the production people took a photo of all of us with his phone (I later asked him to air drop it to me and it turned out to be a Live Photo, so even better😁)

I didn't notice this! Would you like to share the pic? I'm curious ☺️

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

 

Yes, because there were two mobiles taking a photo at the same time. Well, almost at the same time.

 

Yes true, so it's good it was a Live Photo, that way his movement was captured and it still came out fine for both cameras! I would say he has a lot of experience with this :lol3: lucky for Kasia that the production person had the Live setting on.

 

Didn't you also have a selfie with him? I think I saw you as well in a group selfie shot.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Privacy Policy