2022 - MFC meetup & M&G with Mika @ Royal Festival Hall, London - 10 November - REPORTS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS

Kumazzz

11 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Didn't you also have a selfie with him? I think I saw you as well in a group selfie shot.

No, I was not on the selfie. I am not fast enough :shocked:  It took only a few seconds. I was on the right next to Kasia. 

And there was too many people around Mika to get closer.... I don't like using my elbows :wink2:

• Like 5

7 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Hahahahaha look at that confused/surprised look on his face, looking at a different camera than the rest (except for you @Kasia Mousa :lol3:)

This was too funny! Of course we all wanted to be in that photo so the lovely gentleman Mika was talking to (I think he was one of the production people) took out his phone and said he would take a photo of all of us and he did. I then went up to thank him and asked if he could air drop me the photo. He did but it was only yesterday I noticed it was a “live” photo so I managed to get a shot where Mika is looking directly at the other camera🤣 That would also explain the look on Mika’s face “I don’t know where to look!”🤣

• Haha 3

OK, I wasn't going to mention this, but with all the talk of shoving I think it's needed.

As we were all leaving the main hall to wait for the M&G outside, we passed an older lady in a wheelchair. She was sat off to one side with her helper/carer, and a couple of security guys who were trying to move her back and keep the crush of people away from her. Unfortunately the fan group were so focused on keeping their places and dashing through the doors as quickly as possible to be 1st row for the M&G, that they pushed against her, catching her feet. I can only assume that in the crush nobody realised, as no-one stopped to apologise. As I was passing, the carer was asking the elderly lady if she was okay. She wasn't. I could see she was shaken, she was visibly crying, gesturing to her feet and saying "no, my toes hurt".

😢

This was actually quite upsetting to witness, and to me is unacceptable behaviour. I'm not sure how we'd feel if we heard that our wheelchair bound grandmother was pushed into and nearly trampled by a group of rabid fans, but furious would probably be a start.

Our fan club needs a good reputation to continue getting so close to Mika and having these opportunities. When we are out there as fans, we are representatives not only of the club, but of Mika himself, who would certainly be displeased by this incident. There are so often vulnerable people around. Please can we all (and I'm including myself in this) have a little more awareness at these events. Just calm down a bit and think. Or next time we could be dealing with much worse than hurt toes. 

:group_hug:

• Like 4
  • Sad 7

On 11/14/2022 at 9:18 AM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Yes, the little boy had his autograph in the foyer later after the m&g.

I've heard that he had an autograph from Lang Lang as well.

I did not have this chance. I asked Mika to sign a  photo from The Piano promo that I brought with me and Mika didn't want to sign it. I haven't seen him signing anything except this one for the little boy.

I'm glad the little boy managed to meet Lang Lang and Mika. He got stressed while waiting.

Mika refused to sign?! I'm surprised, maybe because of time? He signed for me when I met him at the stage door later.

• Like 2

On 11/14/2022 at 8:28 PM, Hero said:

OK, I wasn't going to mention this, but with all the talk of shoving I think it's needed.

As we were all leaving the main hall to wait for the M&G outside, we passed an older lady in a wheelchair. She was sat off to one side with her helper/carer, and a couple of security guys who were trying to move her back and keep the crush of people away from her. Unfortunately the fan group were so focused on keeping their places and dashing through the doors as quickly as possible to be 1st row for the M&G, that they pushed against her, catching her feet. I can only assume that in the crush nobody realised, as no-one stopped to apologise. As I was passing, the carer was asking the elderly lady if she was okay. She wasn't. I could see she was shaken, she was visibly crying, gesturing to her feet and saying "no, my toes hurt".

😢

This was actually quite upsetting to witness, and to me is unacceptable behaviour. I'm not sure how we'd feel if we heard that our wheelchair bound grandmother was pushed into and nearly trampled by a group of rabid fans, but furious would probably be a start.

Our fan club needs a good reputation to continue getting so close to Mika and having these opportunities. When we are out there as fans, we are representatives not only of the club, but of Mika himself, who would certainly be displeased by this incident. There are so often vulnerable people around. Please can we all (and I'm including myself in this) have a little more awareness at these events. Just calm down a bit and think. Or next time we could be dealing with much worse than hurt toes. 

:group_hug:

I'm shocked but as the same time not surprised. I feel very sorry for this lady. I know that the row I was, we waited a bit befire going. There was no point in rushing as Mika wouldn't be there straight away anyway.

I had to tell off two MFCers who pushed. I struggle to stand up and I have a brace (that you couldn't see) to support my foot so being pushed was not good for me. Sadly, some people are too selfish.

If people are waiting quietly and in orderly fashion, there are more chances for Mika or another artist to actually stay, have conversation etc. They don't want to see people running towards them or screamming...

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, TTel20 said:

I'm shocked but as the same time not surprised. I feel very sorry for this lady. I know that the row I was, we waited a bit befire going. There was no point in rushing as Mika wouldn't be there straight away anyway.

I had to tell off two MFCers who pushed. I struggle to stand up and I have a brace (that you couldn't see) to support my foot so being pushed was not good for me. Sadly, some people are too selfish.

If people are waiting quietly and in orderly fashion, there are more chances for Mika or another artist to actually stay, have conversation etc. They don't want to see people running towards them or screamming...

I couldn't agree more. Respect begets respect.  I'm so sorry you were pushed. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TTel20 said:

Mika refused to sign?! I'm surprised, maybe because of time? He signed for me when I met him at the stage door later.

I think it was a bad timing. He sighed for the little boy and if he agreed to sign more he wouldn't be able to leave.

I can understand it. So his answer "Sorry, I don't have a pen" was an evident excuse he wanted to avoid another session of signing. And I respect it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I think it was a bad timing. He sighed for the little boy and if he agreed to sign more he wouldn't be able to leave.

I can understand it. So his answer "Sorry, I don't have a pen" was an evident excuse he wanted to avoid another session of signing. And I respect it.

Fair enough. Maybe also, if people were still pushing and not being respectful at that time, signing would have made things worse.

Well, I guess we can sum up that it's better for everyone if people treat each other with respect. :wink2: I still hope that overall it was a good experience for most fans, that Mika took some time for us, although he could have left after 1-2 minutes if he had wanted. But he does know that his fans can get a little overexcited, and I think for a few minutes he accepts it, because he knows he can make us all very happy by being there with us. :wub2: I also noticed that some of the fans who were pushing in London were pretty calm and keeping their distance in Verona when he came to meet us after his dinner there - so it's not like they are bad people who are generally disrespectful. I suppose it's group dynamics, expectations, fear (of missing out / not getting that chance again for a loooong time because no one knows when we'll finally get news), or whatever. As Mika said a few years ago, "there'll always be a next time" - and I think it was when I started trusting him with that instead of always fearing it might be the last time because he might suddenly change his career completely and only work behind the scenes from now on, that I got a lot more relaxed when seeing him. And well, with today's situation in the world it's hard. So many insecurities about what will be, that have nothing to do with Mika's wishes. The pandemic, the cancelled tour, war, financial insecurity, etc.. It's so easy to lose hope and trust, and I'm struggling with it almost every day and have to keep telling myself that it'll be ok. Of course, I also wish I had gotten a short personal interaction with Mika in London, a smile, a Hello to me, one of those looks that steal your brain :teehee: - just something to hold on to in my thoughts and get me through til the next time, whenever that might be. But I also know these moments have nothing to do with standing in the front. He'll find you if he wants to - you saw that with Rose, she was in the back and although she's short, Mika saw her and said Hi. 

Anyway, I know that MFCers generally are lovely people, and I'm looking forward to see you all again the next time. :group_hug: - I believe that if we take care of each other and keep reminding ourselves of Mika's message of empathy, those small positive interactions can make the world a little better - because many small things can sum up to something really big and important. "We are giants with our tiny tiny love". :wub2:

So, getting back to reports/pix/videos, does anyone have more photos and videos of the event? I saw a lot of people with phones - maybe I'm also in some of the photos / videos where I'm not holding my phone in front of my face, like in Deb's video? :naughty: 🙈 Love how some who were there got really sweet pictures with Mika, just by standing in a camera's view at the M&G - like Deb, or Andrea. :wub2:  I probably was too much in the back for that, but still curious. :teehee:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mellody said:

I saw a lot of people with phones - maybe I'm also in some of the photos / videos where I'm not holding my phone in front of my face, like in Deb's video? :naughty: 🙈 Love how some who were there got really sweet pictures with Mika, just by standing in a camera's view at the M&G - like Deb, or Andrea. :wub2:  I probably was too much in the back for that, but still curious. :teehee:

I'd like to find out the same :original:  Before Mika came out I was behind Michelle, but when I felt people pushing I left the group and went in the back and didn't get any photo or video. I think we were close to each other and it's possible to be on @virgi video, I remember she was filming from the opposite angle.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, krysady said:

I'd like to find out the same :original:  Before Mika came out I was behind Michelle, but when I felt people pushing I left the group and went in the back and didn't get any photo or video. I think we were close to each other and it's possible to be on @virgi video, I remember she was filming from the opposite angle.

I only filmed the yearbook part, but yes, I'll post it here as soon as possible! 

And I'd like to see other videos from the opposite angle as well, even if I'm short and I was hiding (unintentionally ofc:lmfao:) behind someone's back

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I didn’t get my operation. 😔

I am enjoying (trying) reading your comments. My I just apologise to anyone that I knew but didn’t speak to. I can’t believe some of the names on here- that I had no idea were there! 
but I really did enjoy the night- the performances were truly amazing and I just can’t wait for the series! 
x

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

This has been the best time for me, so far. Can it get any better? Yes:cheer: it probably can…………

It was great meeting up with the Mika F.C. I’m slowly getting to know who is who.  So the show for me was amazing. The 4 contestants were brilliant, all very different and I knew immediately who my favorite would be. I’m looking forward to seeing the show on tv next year. Mika was my star though, I think for me personally I just can’t get enough of him. This is probably because I only found Mika this year. If I hadn’t watched the Eurovision Song Contest I would still be oblivious to him to this day.

Seeing Mika after the show was heaven. This was the first time I was this close to him, too close he is so TALL. And I have no clue what I was on though, I obviously couldn’t shut up………. somebody should have cello-taped my mouth, I’m embarrassed when I watch the videos from everyone…………duhhhhh. I am incredibly chuffed how nice he is, I have to give him so much credit for the time and patients he has with us all. He just takes it all in his stride. I found him really relaxed and at ease. He’s personality is ace. And he is always funny. His expressions when Phoebe asked him about the Be Reel, it still cracks me up when I think about it now. Oh yes and he’d be a billionaire if he had invented it…….what he say “ come on everyone, invent stuff, what the #### are we all doing?????”  I have worked for 9 years at the European Patent Office, and finding new inventions is hard unless you are one of these big companies ie. Siemens etc,…………and getting a patent is very expensive on your own, and then there is the paying of 20 years to have your invention protected. Ahhhhh running away with myself………back to Mika. So yes Mika was downstairs afterwards in the bar, I asked him if he was going to have a drink with us? He said “NO”…….. should I have asked to buy him a drink? Maybe that would have helped……:angelnot:.  Well then I asked him if I could have a photo with him. Mika is sooooooooooo nice.

Oh yes Mika was telling @holdingyourdrink how very talented she is…………….listen to him Michelle. The best praise has got to come from your heartthrob, right. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/13/2022 at 10:35 PM, Hero said:

It was an amazing night, and a very special memory. I was dithering beforehand about going, but I am so glad I did! To share that special night with fellow MFCers was truly heartwarming. 💖 The performances were astonishing, and I urge anyone who can to watch the show when it's televised. You won't regret it. :lustslow:

I was pleasantly surprised by how many attendees followed the rules, I only saw one person with their phone out during the show, and security got to her quickly. The seating arrangements - well, it was a shame we weren't all sat together as originally promised, but I can understand why people took the opportunity to be closer to the stage. Besides, it all went to pot when the production crew asked for volunteers, didn't it? I don't know what they were expecting, but not the mad rush that followed! :lmfao: I chose not to move, I was very happy with my seat, it was in the back row but I had a clear view of the stage and could hear well. 

The M&G was brilliant, it was so lovely and generous of Mika to spend time with us like that. I was stood next to and just a little behind him and I swear, there is something so special about him, he has such a powerful aura or presence that radiates and instantly brightens the room. :mika1:  :wub2:

It did mean that I got to see the crowd from his perspective though. OMG that was terrifying!:yikes: The crush at the end was insane, it was lucky no-one was hurt. If that's what he usually experiences I'm amazed he puts himself through it. Honestly, I'm not exaggerating here, from his viewpoint it was crazy. Give the poor man room to breathe! 

But these are small niggles. The show was wonderful, he was incredible, the performances were amazing, the M&G was fantastic, and seeing my MFC friends again and sharing this with them was brilliant. 🥰 Thank you so much Deb, Mika and the team for making this happen. :flowers2: ❤  Can't wait to watch it next year! 

I just want to say Mika is a very tall and strong man. He’s not going to get crushed by his fans. And besides because he is so tall he can see absolutely everything that’s going on around him, so no he certainly isn’t put out when amongst his fans. From my perspective he enjoys it otherwise he wouldn’t do it, and let’s face it, he’s been doing this for 15 years. Has he ever been crushed? Ran away? There are videos that I’ve seen where Mika actually tells security to not push his fans and leave them alone. So the opposite is true he protects his fans. This time when Mika steps forward to take Phobebe’s phone the security guard pushes forward to stop fans or even Mika and Mika says to him “It’s alright”. And Mika loves nothing more than getting off stage and going into the crowd and singing “Big Girl”……………and that if you think about it is crazy. But we fans all “LOVE” it when he does that right? And the crowd goes wild………and lots of people touch him…………. and…….!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patricia Birden said:

I just want to say Mika is a very tall and strong man. He’s not going to get crushed by his fans.

It doesn't matter how big and strong he is, anyone can get hurt and crushed by a pushing crowd.

Has he ever been crushed? Ran away?

Yes, I've seen videos where he left in a hurry after fans started to scream, push and didn't keep a reasonable distance. When people are nice and respectful, he takes his time to listen and change a word with everyone. When things are going rowdy, he finds a way to run immediately. 

and lots of people touch him

That's true, and think  how he must've been  feeling...  imagine if one of us would be in his place and be touched and grabbed by a bunch of strangers :dunno:  We all know that he is a very kind and special person and I think he deserves the whole respect and decency in the world, he already gives everything on stage for us. These m&gs are an extra bonus and we should be grateful and value them properly, imo :wink2:

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Patricia Birden said:

I just want to say Mika is a very tall and strong man. He’s not going to get crushed by his fans. And besides because he is so tall he can see absolutely everything that’s going on around him, so no he certainly isn’t put out when amongst his fans. From my perspective he enjoys it otherwise he wouldn’t do it, and let’s face it, he’s been doing this for 15 years. Has he ever been crushed? Ran away? There are videos that I’ve seen where Mika actually tells security to not push his fans and leave them alone. So the opposite is true he protects his fans. This time when Mika steps forward to take Phobebe’s phone the security guard pushes forward to stop fans or even Mika and Mika says to him “It’s alright”. And Mika loves nothing more than getting off stage and going into the crowd and singing “Big Girl”……………and that if you think about it is crazy. But we fans all “LOVE” it when he does that right? And the crowd goes wild………and lots of people touch him…………. and…….!!!!!

I wasn't in London this time, so I can't comment on that, but I've been to many other events with Mika and waited for him after the event. I've absolutely seen him "run away" when the crowd was too pushy (he didn't literally run, but you know what I mean :wink2:). The only times when he actually stayed for a while and talked to fans were when people were either respectful and/or there were barriers to prevent us from physically getting too close to him. And sometimes he doesn't come out to meet fans at all, which has almost been a rule after gigs in Italy, where crowds are often big and pushy. (This years' gig in Verona was an exception, of course, since it was a special one-off. Plus, there were barriers.)

As for him going into the crowd, I'm sure that's something he enjoys on some level, but I think it's also one of the "challenges" he sets for himself, as he likes to push himself to do things that he finds a little uncomfortable. One event I remember vividly is a taping for CasaMika that was done in Rimini in 2016, where he spent some time dancing in the crowd of fans. He left really quickly after the taping, and later he said in an interview that he had never had as many people touch his butt as he did that day (and he said it sort of jokingly, but you could definitely tell he was actually put off by it). I really find it appalling that anyone would think it was okay to touch him that way on purpose. :facepalm:

• Like 8

2 hours ago, krysady said:

That's true, and think  how he must've been  feeling...  imagine if one of us would be in his place and be touched and grabbed by a bunch of strangers :dunno:  We all know that he is a very kind and special person and I think he deserves the whole respect and decency in the world, he already gives everything on stage for us. These m&gs are an extra bonus and we should be grateful and value them properly, imo :wink2:

I agree with the entire post, especially this part. We all have our personal space, Mika is no different. And we need to understand that we are complete strangers to him, although we may feel very familiar with him and his work.

He is not obligated to do these M&G’s at all and he does them, because he still feels comfortable enough with his fans. Last week in London you could tell by his reaction (when fans were closing in on him), that he wanted to create distance and asked everyone politely to push back (twice).

• Like 7

2 hours ago, krysady said:

It doesn't matter how big and strong he is, anyone can get hurt and crushed by a pushing crowd.

Yes, I've seen videos where he left in a hurry after fans started to scream, push and didn't keep a reasonable distance. When people are nice and respectful, he takes his time to listen and change a word with everyone. When things are going rowdy, he finds a way to run immediately. 

55 minutes ago, Lunari said:

I wasn't in London this time, so I can't comment on that, but I've been to many other events with Mika and waited for him after the event. I've absolutely seen him "run away" when the crowd was too pushy (he didn't literally run, but you know what I mean :wink2:). The only times when he actually stayed for a while and talked to fans were when people were either respectful and/or there were barriers to prevent us from physically getting too close to him. And sometimes he doesn't come out to meet fans at all, which has almost been a rule after gigs in Italy, where crowds are often big and pushy. (This years' gig in Verona was an exception, of course, since it was a special one-off. Plus, there were barriers.)

As for him going into the crowd, I'm sure that's something he enjoys on some level, but I think it's also one of the "challenges" he sets for himself, as he likes to push himself to do things that he finds a little uncomfortable. One event I remember vividly is a taping for CasaMika that was done in Rimini in 2016, where he spent some time dancing in the crowd of fans. He left really quickly after the taping, and later he said in an interview that he had never had as many people touch his butt as he did that day (and he said it sort of jokingly, but you could definitely tell he was actually put off by it). I really find it appalling that anyone would think it was okay to touch him that way on purpose. :facepalm:

8 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I agree with the entire post, especially this part. We all have our personal space, Mika is no different. And we need to understand that we are complete strangers to him, although we may feel very familiar with him and his work.

He is not obligated to do these M&G’s at all and he does them, because he still feels comfortable enough with his fans. Last week in London you could tell by his reaction (when fans were closing in on him), that he wanted to create distance and asked everyone politely to push back (twice).

:yeah:

Being molested isn't fun for anyone. And he's experienced it too often. Just because he comes into the crowd, it doesn't give anyone the right to put their hands on him. And yes, he has left quickly when the crowd starts to push. So don't push, and he'll stay longer. It's not rocket science. It's being respectful. 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Patricia Birden said:

and lots of people touch him

They do, but that's not the part he likes about it, for sure. There's a video somewhere from Rome of the Revelation Tour, where a girl puts her hand on his arm while he climbs across the barrier for Big Girl, and he visibly shakes off her hand. Not immediately, but she just kept her hand there, and it's clearly not what he wanted. Just treat him like a human being and don't do things to him that you wouldn't want strangers to do to you, that's exactly it, like @krysady and the others said. He's not a cuddly toy, or a toy boy.

If he dances in the crowd during Big Girl, you can also see in some videos that he tries to get away from people who touch him or are following him through the crowd. I see that like people dancing in a club, it also doesn't give you the right to touch them, even if they dance close to you. And a M&G is not a club or gig situation.

1 hour ago, Lunari said:

it's also one of the "challenges" he sets for himself, as he likes to push himself to do things that he finds a little uncomfortable

That, but I think he also does enjoy dancing among his fans and seeing how they look at him with love in their eyes, up close. As long as they treat him like a human being, like I just said. Anyway, I remember seeing him through the glass doors shortly before he went to meet fans outside in Paris, his first M&G after the pandemic. He took a deep breath. You could see, even from afar, that it wasn't easy for him to go out there. So it's not just going in the crowd at a gig, but also M&G's that are a risk and a challenge for him because he never knows how fans will behave. I'm glad that so far the good sides still outweigh the bad ones for him, and that he likes challenges. But that only works as long as the majority of fans treat him respectfully. And I especially would expect that from MFCers, because if we behave like any other random crazy fan group, why would he agree to do a M&G with us? It's rare enough that he does that, once every few years, and I fear that London might not have encouraged him to do it again anytime soon. :( 

• Like 10