From musical absolutist to music lover.

PoodleSnow

I'm not a shy person at all, but I've felt really shy about my new journey with music. I haven't ever had ability to connect music with my emotions. Music has always been just a backround noise or distraction for me. I didn't actually even really noticed, that I was different then others. I just thought others were odd :dunno: Everything changed for me when I found Mika´s symphony versions. First time in my life I felt music in my heart and my body. It had the power to change my moods and made me move. Mika isn't that well known here and I knew just Grace Kelly and Relax from radio. I've now found out that it's not just symphony ones that moves me. I like the most of his live and acapella versions, where I can just focus to his voice. I don't have any reasoning for this. It's been odd. Like first love, but it's just with music. I might found others one day, but now I'm happy that I found something that really gave something special to my life.

This has been something so powerful for me, that it's been hard to talk about it. I'm not really a fan type of person usually, but I've found this place really useful and here are the people who probably get´s me. I understand and read english fluently, but I have writing problens with all the languges I speak. I've enjoyed a lot about translated content and found many of his covers from there. Like the ones in Stasera casa Mika etc.

• Like 14

Hi @PoodleSnow :welcomeani:

I'm CJ from UK 👋 

You'll definitely find people here who understand you! Mika just has that very special way with his voice of making you feel connected to nearly every song! When I first discovered Mika I really couldn't belive I'd found an artist who's entire discography resonates with me so much.

You're in the right place too to discover more about him, and get to know other Mika fans too! 😊

• Like 3

Hello and welcomw @PoodleSnow, I’m Lindsey from Indiana, USA.

While I’ve always loved music, I can completely understand how Mika could be the first artist to impact you. I was going through an inspiration rut with music when I discovered his albums. It’s interesting that it’s his live songs you enjoy best. I don’t usually like any live versions of songs, but Mika’s are definitely special.

Hope you enjoy the MFC! 

• Like 3

Thank you <3

:lmao: I used to think that about live versios and couldn't get why someone would record or even more listen live recordings. Like I've knew Grace Kelly and I love the symphony versio from it a lot, but I still don't listen the original recording. I'm just starting to learn about music so I don't have the words to discribe what I want to say. Most album versions are too much for me. Other instruments, sounds....  Somehow that doesn't bother me with symphony, even there´s more instuments then ever XD

One of my favorites are BBC radio recordings and from his own songs the performanses he made in casa mika.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, PoodleSnow said:

One of my favorites are BBC radio recordings and from his own songs the performanses he made in casa mika.

The BBC recordings are some of my favorites :) Mika is a very emotional performer, so there is something special in his live recordings.

• Like 4

Hi :bye: and :welcomeani:to MFC @PoodleSnow :huglove:

That's a lovely intro :wub2:

I think Mika's voice is like no other and so emotional that no one sings like him :mikalove:Before I heard Mika I only enjoyed recorded versions of songs and I usually liked one or two or a handful of songs by the same artist but when it comes to Mika I can almost relate to all his songs and my favorite versions are the live and the acoustic ones :wub2: I don't know how he does this but album after album I marvel more and more at his songs :wub2: He has a sweet soul and it sihines through all his songs :wub2: 

I'm very happy that you found Mika and that you joined MFC, it's the best place for Mika lovers :wub2:

Enjoy yourself with us :group_hug: and if you need any help around the forum let me know :wink2:

• Like 2

I hope to catch soon how this place works. :dog:  Now I feel like everything I have to say isn't relevant enough. My main question is about old topics. Is the idea to look some old topic reletad what I have in mind, even it might be silent for a long time now? I feel like in most places it´s not appresiated to open old chats. :dunno_grin:

37 minutes ago, PoodleSnow said:

I hope to catch soon how this place works. :dog:  Now I feel like everything I have to say isn't relevant enough. My main question is about old topics. Is the idea to look some old topic reletad what I have in mind, even it might be silent for a long time now? I feel like in most places it´s not appresiated to open old chats. :dunno_grin:

It’s generally okay to comment on older threads here; I don’t think we normally have duplicate topics. From what I’ve seen in the year or so I’ve been a member, it’s pretty normal to jump in on something that might even be a few years old. Someone with more experience of how things work might have a better explanation but that’s how I have seen it as a newer member :) There’s a search function to see if your topic is on here, but I usually have more luck using an outside seaech engine and adding “mikafanclub” to the search term to find what I’m looking for.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, PoodleSnow said:

You can bump them  no worries :thumb_yello: If we never did that I would have missed lots of stuff around here :wink2: even though I kind of know the forum well and tend to haunt it at night :lmfao:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, linzijay said:

It’s generally okay to comment on older threads here; I don’t think we normally have duplicate topics. From what I’ve seen in the year or so I’ve been a member, it’s pretty normal to jump in on something that might even be a few years old. Someone with more experience of how things work might have a better explanation but that’s how I have seen it as a newer member :) There’s a search function to see if your topic is on here, but I usually have more luck using an outside seaech engine and adding “mikafanclub” to the search term to find what I’m looking for.

That's how I found you. XD I was searching translations for Casa Mika

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, PoodleSnow said:

I hope to catch soon how this place works:dog:  Now I feel like everything I have to say isn't relevant enough. My main question is about old topics. Is the idea to look some old topic reletad what I have in mind, even it might be silent for a long time now? I feel like in most places it´s not appresiated to open old chats. :dunno_grin:

Maybe this can help you :wink2:

• Like 3

15 hours ago, PoodleSnow said:

That's how I found you. XD I was searching translations for Casa Mika

Here you are ! :bye:

Videos with subtitles.

1. - Casa Mika 1° (15 Nov 2016)
  2. - Casa Mika 2° (22 Nov 2016)
  3. - Casa Mika 3° (29 Nov 2016)
  4. - Casa Mika 4° (6 Dec 2016)

1. - Casa Mika 2 - 1° (31 Oct 2017) 
  2. - Casa Mika 2 - 2° (7 Nov 2017)
  3. Casa Mika 2 - 3° (14 Nov 2017)
  4. - Cas Mika 2 - 4° (22 Nove 2017)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

Here you are ! :bye:

Videos with subtitles.

1. - Casa Mika 1° (15 Nov 2016)
  2. - Casa Mika 2° (22 Nov 2016)
  3. - Casa Mika 3° (29 Nov 2016)
  4. - Casa Mika 4° (6 Dec 2016)

1. - Casa Mika 2 - 1° (31 Oct 2017) 
  2. - Casa Mika 2 - 2° (7 Nov 2017)
  3. Casa Mika 2 - 3° (14 Nov 2017)
  4. - Cas Mika 2 - 4° (22 Nove 2017)

The password is Underwater (with a capital) for all of them @PoodleSnow

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@crazyaboutmika:hug: Thank you. I found it and I've watch a lot other translated viedeos also. I've might watched the whole series about three times now. It's my new quilty pleasure that makes me so happy. :cloud: I even learned to make subtitles my own to show casa Verdi part for my family. They don't speak english. The series I originally found when I was looking covers Mika has made from Youtube and the research brought me here. The series made me to start to learn italian, after I noticed that I understood so much, but would also like to be able to speak. But I talk about that later in a better topic.

Edited by PoodleSnow
  • Like 1

On 12/23/2022 at 10:45 AM, PoodleSnow said:

@crazyaboutmika:hug: Thank you. I found it and I've watch a lot other translated viedeos also. I've might watch the whole series about three times now. It's my new quilty pleasure that makes me so happy. :cloud: I even learned to make subtitles my own to show casa Verdi part for my family. They don't speak english. The series I originally found when I was looking covers Mika has made from Youtube and the research brought me here. The series made me to start to learn italian, after I noticed that I understood so much, but would also like to be able to speak. But I talk about that later in a better topic.

We desperately need tech people in the subs team at the moment. We have had three great ones @Elwendin@DerMoment1608 and @Siri

They are still around but they became very very busy with real life  (they had more free time as single/without children/ students) The team has involves as far as who translates as well. Some are very busy too. I think we need at least a new or several tech persons (the one who manage to get the videos, upload them and run the youtube thingie that times the videos and provides more or less accurate words that we check and fix then translate and the tech people upload everything on youtube or vimeo) We used to transcribe all the words from scratch but youtube is more accurate now so worth using after humans check the original language subs (it works best for English and American)  Anyway in case you have some free time you could be so helpful if you joined us. We didn't make a subbed video of Mika's last videos because we need new members to help us. Anyone good at translating would be welcome to join too. Maybe you don't have time which is fine but in case you do please join us :thumb_yello: With the new albums coming it is likely that Mika will give interviews so it would be nice to be ready. 

I also learned some Italian with Mika. I understand because it is similar to French, Latin and Spanish but I don't speak a lot yet...

• Like 2

On 12/24/2022 at 2:34 PM, PoodleSnow said:

Last thank you all of you. :hug: You've showed me the same warmth that I feel around Mika's music and content. This gave me acourage to participate move to real topics and chats. To feel like one of the group and not just a random newbie. 

:group_hug:

• Like 2

On 12/19/2022 at 2:07 PM, PoodleSnow said:

I'm not a shy person at all, but I've felt really shy about my new journey with music. I haven't ever had ability to connect music with my emotions. Music has always been just a backround noise or distraction for me. I didn't actually even really noticed, that I was different then others. I just thought others were odd :dunno: Everything changed for me when I found Mika´s symphony versions. First time in my life I felt music in my heart and my body. It had the power to change my moods and made me move. Mika isn't that well known here and I knew just Grace Kelly and Relax from radio. I've now found out that it's not just symphony ones that moves me. I like the most of his live and acapella versions, where I can just focus to his voice. I don't have any reasoning for this. It's been odd. Like first love, but it's just with music. I might found others one day, but now I'm happy that I found something that really gave something special to my life.

This has been something so powerful for me, that it's been hard to talk about it. I'm not really a fan type of person usually, but I've found this place really useful and here are the people who probably get´s me. I understand and read english fluently, but I have writing problens with all the languges I speak. I've enjoyed a lot about translated content and found many of his covers from there. Like the ones in Stasera casa Mika etc.

I love this story of how Mika made you discover your love for music, thanks for sharing! :wub2:  I have always loved music, but Mika definitely made me discover new things, in music and in other areas, that I never would have known or cared about without him. Welcome to MFC! :welcomeani:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’ve felt really odd since I haven’t ever been anyone’s fan. Never liked about any artist on the level that it affects to me on some level. First became the music and later I noticed that I liked the guy too and other things he creates.

Still haven’t found anyone else who’s voice touches me, but I found him out at the best time with new music coming. :cloud:

• Like 4