Mika's Social Media & official Website updates - 2023

Mikasister

Mikainstagram stories:

329767989_740003720784728_7852108239253764087_n.jpg

Pretty flowers, pretty shirt, pretty man! :wub2: But... if he has the flowers in one hand and the phone in the other... I really love if he's posting stories, but not if it means he's risking to fall off the motorbike. :facepalm:  I mean, motorbikes have no safety belts, right? So you gotta hold on to something? Then again, he doesn't wear those in cars either. 🙄 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mellody said:

Mikainstagram stories:

329767989_740003720784728_7852108239253764087_n.jpg

Pretty flowers, pretty shirt, pretty man! :wub2: But... if he has the flowers in one hand and the phone in the other... I really love if he's posting stories, but not if it means he's risking to fall off the motorbike. :facepalm:  I mean, motorbikes have no safety belts, right? So you gotta hold on to something? Then again, he doesn't wear those in cars either. 🙄 

It's funny but why does he do his stories at the same place at Place de la Concorde ? Especially when he is going to the studio 🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's nice to know he is in Paris. Soon I am heading to the airport to take my flight to Paris 👋👋👋👋 Cinema evening tomorrow. It would be nice to meet Mika as well 🤞

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Flowers? Something is finished!!! I hope!?

Is it the producer of the movie soundtrack? Maybe they're having a movie release party with the soundtrack team?

Another story:

329954629_162042056222815_7822179906083590064_n.jpg

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, mellody said:

Oh look, Mika's back on Tiktok! :biggrin2:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRtJh7rU/

The "waking up" clip is a nice choice for saying Hi after such a long absence, lol! :lol3:

075cc516dbbfcf132a6d4ab61403db8e~c5_100x100.jpeg?x-expires=1676210400&x-signature=L7NP0Nml89P1iPk5nTbLuWfkfSI%3D

mikatiktok

Good morning everyone! #keepitsimple #vianney #comingsoon

original sound - Mika tiktok

• Like 5

Soo the flowers were for the producer of his French album? I hope it means a milestone of the album is finished, but maybe it's just the guy's birthday. :dunno_grin:

I just looked up that Midi keyboard, I need a new one because I'm not happy with the one I have... and this one's actually quite cheap, so I might consider it. Or maybe the bigger version of it, that has better reviews. :biggrin2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mellody said:

I just looked up that Midi keyboard, I need a new one because I'm not happy with the one I have... and this one's actually quite cheap, so I might consider it. Or maybe the bigger version of it, that has better reviews. :biggrin2:

Meanwhile, I'm still clanging on the old Casio I got as a Christmas present 36 years ago... :roll1:

It still works!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Meanwhile, I'm still clanging on the old Casio I got as a Christmas present 36 years ago... :roll1:

It still works!! 

Haha, well I also have an old Korg electric piano from 30 years ago which works well as a piano, but I can't connect it to my computer as a MIDI keyboard to record virtual instruments. The keyboard in Mika's story is under 100€, which surprised me - and as I am in fact looking for a new keyboard, because my current MIDI keyboard (which was about the same price) has such weird keys that I can hardly play it, the one from Mika's story definitely is a candidate. Can't be bad if they even use it in the studio. :teehee:
But I'm going a bit OT here, sorry. :dunno_grin:

• Like 2

So was looking though his website and he's put a compiled list of current dates up

https://www.yomika.com/2023/02/11/tour-2023/

Idk if I'm just interpreting it wrong but it sounds as if he's not going to announce more?

(Wasn't sure if this was supposed to go in tour rumors or here but since it's a website update posted here )

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

So was looking though his website and he's put a compiled list of current dates up

Idk if I'm just interpreting it wrong but it sounds as if he's not going to announce more?

(Wasn't sure if this was supposed to go in tour rumors or here but since it's a website update posted here )

The way it’s formulated you could think that. But I think it’s way too early in the year to make assumptions :wink2: because hopefully he will be bringing out one, if not two more albums, this year! 

Edited by holdingyourdrink
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

2 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

The way it’s formulated you could think that. But I think it’s way too early in the year to make assumptions :wink2: because hopefully he will be bringing out one, if not two more albums, this year! 

Yes, I also hope there'll be more! Tho he'll also need time to finish those albums... But I'd love a gig around his birthday, for example. Btw, I've always been wondering, as most of Mika's fans are in Europe or Asia, why are they using the US date format for the tourdates on his website? It confuses me every time. 😅 Luckily his website is not the only source of news and tourdates. 

But maybe "full list" just means the full list until July for Europe and Asia, and there'll be some American dates added, and more from August on? :dunno_grin: I'd still find it weird if that was all the Europan dates this summer, with random weeks off in between and then all at once at other times. But maybe he prefers it like this?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, mellody said:

Btw, I've always been wondering, as most of Mika's fans are in Europe or Asia, why are they using the US date format for the tourdates on his website? It confuses me every time.

That's what I was wondering too, I needed a few moments to realize that they are in the American format, it's weird :aah:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

11 minutes ago, mellody said:

Yes, I also hope there'll be more! Tho he'll also need time to finish those albums... But I'd love a gig around his birthday, for example. Btw, I've always been wondering, as most of Mika's fans are in Europe or Asia, why are they using the US date format for the tourdates on his website? It confuses me every time. 😅 Luckily his website is not the only source of news and tourdates. 

But maybe "full list" just means the full list until July for Europe and Asia, and there'll be some American dates added, and more from August on? :dunno_grin: I'd still find it weird if that was all the Europan dates this summer, with random weeks off in between and then all at once at other times. But maybe he prefers it like this?

I would hope that would get more of a tour especially with at least one album this year (hopefully 2) 

My guess is that it's just the current list where we are With announcements could I would assume wel have more dates and festivals 

American dates are always confusing to me but maybe that's something he's just picked up on the American side of his family or just the label thinking Americanised dates work better 

50 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

I would hope that would get more of a tour especially with at least one album this year (hopefully 2) 

My guess is that it's just the current list where we are With announcements could I would assume wel have more dates and festivals 

American dates are always confusing to me but maybe that's something he's just picked up on the American side of his family or just the label thinking Americanised dates work better 

I suppose the actual tour might start in fall, when he has released at least one of his albums. Doesn't make much sense to do a tour without a new album, I guess. So it might be a tour in the French-speaking areas first, for the French album, and then, let's be realistic, tourdates elsewhere probably not before 2024. If not even the French album is finished yet, the English one won't come out before winter 2023. But I guess he could do a few more festivals - only 2 in France surprises me, tbh. Tho if he's planning a French tour in fall, maybe he wants to focus on the other countries for the summer. After all, he has done a lot of French festivals last year. Or an occasional tourdate like the one in London last year would be nice as well. For example, the day before the Isle of Wight Festival? :fisch: :teehee:

Tho he could also release a few more individual songs, like Yoyo last year. I mean, he talked last year about not doing an album but releasing one song every month or so (and surely you could put them together into an album at some point?)... I mean, he's kinda doing that with all the duets etc., just not every month... but they're all very specific for a certain area, or from movies, so I doubt he could do a tour with them, it's like a different context.

• Like 5