Keep It Simple - Song and Lyrics Discussion

mellody

12 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I took a break I went to the swimming pool spa and sauna :thumb_yello: Now I'm all fresh and clean :yes:

Yeah, but your mind is still filthy. :naughty:You don't get out of it that easily. NC awaits!

• Haha 2

Good evening everyone ☺️ Sorry do we have now a definitive version of the phrase that was unclear ? The versions i have read about are ' catch a break Chuck It to me ' (on vianney ' s YouTube Channel), ' catch a brick Chuck It to me (on a video on YouTube) and i also remeber to have read '???? Or ketamin'. Between the three maybe the last has more meaning but i am not convinced at all. Does someone know if there Is an official version of It ? I was wondering Just to have a general idea about the meaning of the Song. But maybe the Song Just aims at giving a sense of Freedom and positiviy and does not Need a clear interpretation

Edited by peroalessandra
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, peroalessandra said:

Good evening everyone ☺️ Sorry do we have now a definitive version of the phrase that was unclear ? The versions i have read about are ' catch a break Chuck It to me ' (on vianney ' s YouTube Channel), ' catch a brick Chuck It to me (on a video on YouTube) and i also remeber to have read '???? Or ketamin'. Between the three maybe the last has more meaning but i am not convinced at all. Does someone know if there Is an official version of It ? I was wondering Just to have a general idea about the meaning of the Song. But maybe the Song Just aims at giving a sense of Freedom and positiviy and does not Need a clear interpretation

It's clearly "catch a Brie", because cheese is the best medicine. :mf_rosetinted: :naughty:

No, the most official version we have is the one on Vianney's video, and "break" just doesn't sound like that, and doesn't make sense. Maybe we can read it from their lips when they perform it on TV. :dunno_grin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, mellody said:

It's clearly "catch a Brie", because cheese is the best medicine. :mf_rosetinted: :naughty:

No, the most official version we have is the one on Vianney's video, and "break" just doesn't sound like that, and doesn't make sense. Maybe we can read it from their lips when they perform it on TV. :dunno_grin:

Ok thanks a lot. Yes It Is very difficult to understand each Word of this Song, maybe as i was saying sometimes Songs Just aim at giving a feeling even if It Is difficult to give them a whole meaning. Yes we Will see ☺️ thanks for replying

Edited by peroalessandra
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, mellody said:

I hope so :thumb_yello: Looking forward to this :excite:

On a video on YouTube i read also ' catch a brick'. I saw on Google that this expression Is also used for asking for a cigarette. Maybe this can make sense. Maybe Mika Is saying i feel bad, let' s have a cigarette in the sense let' s keep all problems away. Maybe this can be possibile. Someone Who Is fluently english speaker can suggest if this expression Is quite common and if this version could be true ?thanks ☺️

Edited by peroalessandra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, peroalessandra said:

On a video on YouTube i read also ' catch a brick'. I saw on Google that this expression Is also used for asking for a cigarette. Maybe this can make sense. Maybe Mika Is saying i feel bad, let' s have a cigarette in the sense let' s keep all problems away. Maybe this can be possibile. Someone Who Is fluently english speaker can suggest if this expression Is quite common and if this version could be true ?thanks ☺️

Sorry, I've never heard this expression. Of course, I don't smoke, so... But to me that interpretation doesn't seem to fit here, anyway. It's still a mystery... :dunno:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, peroalessandra said:

22 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Sorry, I've never heard this expression. Of course, I don't smoke, so... But to me that interpretation doesn't seem to fit here, anyway. It's still a mystery... :dunno:

It could fit if you needed a a light to smoke Mary Jane :lmao:

But he sings he doesn't want it :wink2:

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Native UK English here, I've also never heard the expression used for sharing cigs. But then, I don't smoke either... :thumb_yello:

The Internet tells me that a 'brick' is a kilogram block of Mary Jane (or cocaine, or crack)... but he doesn't want no MJ...

It's a mystery, oh it's a mystery... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hero said:

The Internet tells me that a 'brick' is a kilogram block of Mary Jane (or cocaine, or crack)... but he doesn't want no MJ...

That was in the 1st verse. :mf_rosetinted:

And well, if it can also mean cocaine, maybe he just has different preferences than MJ. :facepalm:

Brie. Still Brie. :naughty:

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, silver said:

You've forgotten We Are Gouda and Blue Cheese.  And Dairyleah.

Of course! How silly of me.  :lmfao:

And how could I forget Relax (Make It Cheesy)? His breakthrough hit! 

(Ahum. Sorry Mika. :sorry:)

I think we've gone a little off topic... :teehee:

Edited by Hero
  • Haha 7