Keep It Simple - Song and Lyrics Discussion

mellody

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

And also: Mika is very lean, especially in the beginning of his career. Comes with the territory of being a very tall man. I do believe he is very conscious of what he eats and about his weight, because they do say the camera adds 10 lbs… but he doesn’t look so thin that it wouldn’t fit his body type. 

And he is tucking in his tummy in the shirtless pic. None of us stand like that :lol3: but of course I can only speak for myself! 

True, I wanted to address this as well - I think he's one of those people who have to eat tons to gain just a little bit of weight. And he's obviously putting a lot of work into toning his muscles. I know from one of my ex bf's how hard that is, he was constantly trying to put on weight and work out to get more defined muscles, but he never got very far while working a 40 hours job. What worries me about Mika is less that he's skinny, he has always been... but that although he already has no extra gram of fat, and perfectly toned muscles, he's still tucking in his tummy - so when I look at that picture, I'm torn between :swoon:and worrying about how he might see himself to think that perfect still isn't perfect enough.

I didn't notice the bomb with the word "death" in the background animations, but I've paid attention to them only in my recording so far, not in the TV version. Good excuse to rewatch. :teehee: Tho I suppose that this might refer to just another one of the daily worries / things that get thrown at you in the news, of war and death - or maybe also referring to having to deal with the death of loved ones... but the bomb suggests that it stands for war, I think.

Edit: Actually it is there in my recording, but I think it says "Pest", not "death"? So rather referring to the worries about Covid, I guess.

Screenshot_20230131_154957_Gallery.jpg

Edited by mellody
  • Like 2

Hello everybody!

I think this song talk about activity and services of Operation Pieces Jaunes in hospitals, especially with their psychologists to help doctors in their work (we'll keep it simple).

In Italy, I saw a television series where a doctor is stressed because of work in hospital, and he would like to take some Mary Jane, but his psychologist convinces him not to take any M.J..

So I think the protagonist of the song is a doctor who ask for help to his psychologist (you're the only medicine I'll been taking) to healt his mental pain (si j'ai mal, c'est du mal à parler?) and his tiredness (every bone and every part of me's aching), so he can take better care of the hospitalized sick children Jimmy and Jaw (the first letters are capital letters, so they are proper names).

On 1/31/2023 at 10:11 AM, Patricia Birden said:

I have a different concern on the Mika front. Who has noticed that Mika is incredibly thin? He now reminds me of “the thin white duke”, that was David Bowie.

I guess a lot of people have seen the last 2 photos that Mika posted in his stories on Instagram? His upper body is naked and he is wearing those baggy pants. I have noticed for some time now that he is getting thinner.

So the song “ keep it simple” has a very different meaning for me now. Him singing “I’m so cold, comfort come for me, it’s 3am I’m feverely, help me doctor heal my pain cause  I don’t want a Mary Jane”…………….. is this cold turkey?  And also when he sings “ every bone and every part of me is aching………… anyway that’s my speculation, I could have it all wrong and I very much hope that I have.

A792D43B-4E27-425C-A0D8-B35CAFEE10BE.png

E5886231-7ECF-466E-B1C1-21C9D62EA237.png

And here at a private gig

22F9ECEB-AA13-4086-9FDD-6A2E3C9CDB0B.png

No cold turkey, at least not from alcohol, he's still enjoying drinks (at the Pierre de Maere album launch party) - so I'm sure it's really just that he keeps forgetting to eat while he's so busy with his work. Maybe that's worrying too, well, we're used to worrying about him since 2007, but at least it's not as scary as what you thought. I hope he takes care of himself, of his health, and not just to optimize his looks - but well, whatever he does, as you said, all we can do is send him lots of love and hope that love (any kind) is the medicine he needs to ease any pain he might have (to get back to the topic of the song :teehee:).

On 1/31/2023 at 9:32 PM, Stefyferrari said:

Hello everybody!

I think this song talk about activity and services of Operation Pieces Jaunes in hospitals, especially with their psychologists to help doctors in their work (we'll keep it simple).

In Italy, I saw a television series where a doctor is stressed because of work in hospital, and he would like to take some Mary Jane, but his psychologist convinces him not to take any M.J..

So I think the protagonist of the song is a doctor who ask for help to his psychologist (you're the only medicine I'll been taking) to healt his mental pain (si j'ai mal, c'est du mal à parler?) and his tiredness (every bone and every part of me's aching), so he can take better care of the hospitalized sick children Jimmy and Jaw (the first letters are capital letters, so they are proper names).

I love it how you're "keeping it simple" while we try to interpret anything from sex to drugs into the song. :lol3: Jimmy and Jaw as sick children might be a very creative interpretation, but the rest, why not? I guess it's just as valid as saying it might be about cold turkey.

Anyway, this song is definitely a good medicine and for whatever reason Mika was feeling bad while writing it, it hopefully made him feel much better. :wub2: It's a shame that we'll probably never hear it at gigs, unless Mika sings the French parts as well - I'd love that!

• Like 2

On 1/31/2023 at 3:45 PM, mellody said:

I didn't notice the bomb with the word "death" in the background animations, but I've paid attention to them only in my recording so far, not in the TV version. Good excuse to rewatch. :teehee: Tho I suppose that this might refer to just another one of the daily worries / things that get thrown at you in the news, of war and death - or maybe also referring to having to deal with the death of loved ones... but the bomb suggests that it stands for war, I think.

Edit: Actually it is there in my recording, but I think it says "Pest", not "death"? So rather referring to the worries about Covid, I guess.

Screenshot_20230131_154957_Gallery.jpg

Oops! My mistake! The bomb says “debt”

88CCAF61-16DA-4AF8-965E-8460B7081661.thumb.jpeg.1803f0ba565b30d80a6800b0c8098c41.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Can you imagine if Mika would read this topic and go “Oh my, all these theories my fans come up with! While in truth I’m just really singing about my Brie craving at 3am in the morning.”

I told you it's about Brie, and the proof have been under our nose all the time! :naughty:

Screenshot (404).png

• Haha 6

30 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Oops! My mistake! The bomb says “debt”

88CCAF61-16DA-4AF8-965E-8460B7081661.thumb.jpeg.1803f0ba565b30d80a6800b0c8098c41.jpeg

Yes, just saw the pic and wanted to write the same. :lol3: How nice of him to deliver us a HD pic of exactly this bit! :biggrin2:

42 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Can you imagine if Mika would read this topic and go “Oh my, all these theories my fans come up with! While in truth I’m just really singing about my Brie craving at 3am in the morning.”

:lmfao: It never gets boring for us with him, but also not for him with us. :naughty:

20 minutes ago, krysady said:

I told you it's about Brie, and the proof have been under our nose all the time! :naughty:

Screenshot (404).png

8 minutes ago, peroalessandra said:

Isn' t It a Coin (Money)? 

Oh wait, maybe he sings "pièce"? 🤔

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

He can ring my bell any time :thumb_yello: I always keep brie and etorki in my fridge just in case he pops up at my house in the middle of the night :floor:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, crazyaboutmika said:

He can ring my bell any time :thumb_yello: I always keep brie and etorki in my fridge just in case he pops up at my house in the middle of the night :floor:

I've never tried brie, but if it entices Mika to my door I might start stocking up on it! 😁

• Haha 4

Keep it simple inspired me :wink2: 

You're so hot, comfort comfort us
In 23 you'll turn forty 
Help us Mika find a birthday plan
Cause we don't really want to disappoint you man

Oooh la la la
Le problème du MFC
C'est très dur de trouver une idèe de cadeau
Mika on t'aime 
Te l'montrer est un problème
On voudrait tant trouver la bonne idèe

We'll keep loving you
Oooo Oooo Oooo
Mika
Oooo Oooo Oooo
We'll keep loving you
Oooo Oooo Oooo
You're the only singer we want to see performing
We'll keep loving you Mika

Tu donnes à nos émotions
Une foule de couleurs et de sons
Et du plus profond de ton coeur
Tu nous donnes la clé du bonheur

Ouh la la la
from our heads to our toes
every single fan is marvelling 
Oh can't you see
When you smile you're our sunshine
Your songs for us are heavenly

We'll keep loving you
Oooo Oooo Oooo

Ouh la la la
Oh can't you see

You know we love you
And we always want you to be happy
Tell us if you want a truck of brie

We'll keep loving you
Oooo Oooo Oooo
Mika
Oooo Oooo Oooo
We'll keep loving you
Oooo Oooo Oooo

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Keep it simple inspired me :wink2: 

You're so hot, comfort comfort us
In 23 you'll turn forty 
Help us Mika find a birthday plan
Cause we don't really want to disappoint you man

Oooh la la la
Le problème du MFC
C'est très dur de trouver une idèe de cadeau
Mika on t'aime 
Te l'montrer est un problème
On voudrait tant trouver la bonne idèe

We'll keep loving you
Oooo Oooo Oooo
Mika
Oooo Oooo Oooo
We'll keep loving you
Oooo Oooo Oooo

Tu donnes à nos émotions
Une foule de couleurs et de sons
Et du plus profond de ton coeur
Tu nous donnes la clé du bonheur

Ouh la la la
Oh can't you see

We'll keep loving you
Oooo Oooo Oooo

Ouh la la la
Oh can't you see

You know we love you
And we always want you to be happy
Tell us if you want a truck of brie

We'll keep loving you
Oooo Oooo Oooo
Mika
Oooo Oooo Oooo
We'll keep loving you
Oooo Oooo Oooo

Love this!!! Very creative @crazyaboutmika :clap:

We should definitely sing it to Mika! 

My favourite line "Tell us if you want a truck of brie" :floor:

• Haha 3

In the acoustic version on that TV show it sounds like Brie again. :naughty:

On 2/2/2023 at 7:19 PM, krysady said:

:shun:

Screenshot (404)3d.png

:lmfao:

Btw, my son has a subscription to a magazine for kids, there's also one page with jokes in there and in the latest issue there was a joke with "Brie" - not sure my son understood why I found that SO funny! :lmao:

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, mellody said:

Btw, my son has a subscription to a magazine for kids, there's also one page with jokes in there and in the latest issue there was a joke with "Brie" - not sure my son understood why I found that SO funny! :lmao:

Don't leave us hanging, you have to share the joke now!

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Don't leave us hanging, you have to share the joke now!

It only makes sense in German, because it's playing with the pronounciation.

"Du schickst dir also Käse per Post mit einem Franzosen?" - "Ja, das ist mein Brie-Freund!" :naughty:

"So you're sending cheese in the mail with a Frenchman?" "Yes, it's my Brie-friend!" ("Brie-Freund" is pronounced like "Brieffreund", which is the German word for penpal)

• Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 3:43 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

My favourite line "Tell us if you want a truck of brie" :floor:

I'm not sure who has come up with the Brie, but I wanted to tell you something. Not so long ago related to the Piano Mika said in an interview that he managed to catch up with the Netflix Show "Sex Education". Long ago I watched the first season, so I thought I would watch the second season. I watched the first few episodes, and I think it was in the first ep. when two main characters were talking, and one of them said that he had an ... all the time, even when he looked at a simple cheese. Then the other character asked what kind of cheese, and he said: Brie. :D Coincident? Maybe.  :D 

Edited by Tunde Pfeffer
  • Haha 5