Keep it Simple video premiere and Youtube live with Mika and Vianney on 6 March 2023

mellody

YoMika is updated.

https://www.yomika.com/home/

Screenshot2023-03-17at00-23-13Home-Mika.thumb.png.c8b0716c687bd5c12b4b481620518e01.png

KIS3.thumb.jpg.a4bcbba70ac24c79c1043fdaf7df3ac4.jpg

YouTube

https://www.yomika.com/2023/03/15/keep-it-simple-video/

Keep It Simple Video

Published March 15, 2023

The new video for ‘Keep It Simple’ with Vianney is now out!

• Réalisation : Elisa Baudoin
  • Production: Notorious
  • Producteur exécutif : Loumir Orsoni
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, SusanT said:

Does he say "catch a bridge and get to me"?

It could be "bridge", but the rest sounds different to my ears... still so many questions :aah:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, krysady said:

Hmm, he threw the Brie to Zazie and Amel caught it :teehee:

I so heard brie too :floor: Whenever one of us gets to talk to Mika the priority is to ask him the brie question :yes: 

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Haha 2

Thanks for posting! I finally had time to watch it now. Makes me wish they had done more promo for it... I think they had 3 performances together, right? At that French TV show, at the Gala des Pieces Jaunes and at The Voice. I guess for a duet that's not too bad, anyway I love the song and I love watching them sing it. :) I wonder if Vianney might appear at any of Mika's gigs/festivals in France for a spontaneous duet.

Whatever Mika means with his gestures for "from my Jimmy to my Jaw", towards Vianney and Zazie...? :lmfao:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Keep it simple in The Voice Cross Battles the 6th of May 2023.

If the Mods prefer to move it to another thread feel free to do it.

I was trying to follow part  the short interview with Mika so I slowed down the speed of the video. So from 4.30 this is what I understood:

The presenter says that the song resembles Mika and Vianney because it's a meeting of 2 worlds (universes). Mika answers that their worlds are different if you think in terms of colors and details. When you have a meeting of 2 different worlds it's necessary to focus on  simple things, on the essential.  The song is very delicate and simple but super effecive. It enters your head. Its delicateness is its strength. 

After that, the only thing that I understood is that they entered the studio and 3 hours later the song was written and Mika ends saying that they liked something enormously (I guess the song or the experience).

Can someone fill in the blanks? (maybe a correction or two is necessary as well)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mellody said:

Whatever Mika means with his gestures for "from my Jimmy to my Jaw", towards Vianney and Zazie...? 

Not gestures for the lyrics. He was getting Vianney's attention, and pointing him to look at Zazie - I presume she was having some fun from the way they both grinned at her. :naughty:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SusanT said:

J'essayais de suivre une partie de la courte interview de Mika alors j'ai ralenti la vitesse de la vidéo. Donc à partir de 4h30 voici ce que j'ai compris :

Le présentateur dit que la chanson ressemble à Mika et Vianney car c'est une rencontre de 2 mondes (univers). Mika répond que leurs univers sont différents si l'on raisonne en termes de couleurs et de détails. Quand on a une rencontre de 2 mondes différents il faut se concentrer sur des choses simples, sur l'essentiel. La chanson est très délicate et simple mais super efficace. Il entre dans votre tête. Sa délicatesse est sa force. 

Après ça, la seule chose que j'ai compris c'est qu'ils sont entrés en studio et 3 heures plus tard la chanson était écrite et Mika termine en disant qu'ils ont énormément aimé quelque chose (je suppose la chanson ou l'expérience).

Quelqu'un peut-il remplir les blancs ? (peut-être qu'une ou deux corrections sont également nécessaires)

Just before Mika explains that they had eaten " Boeuf Bourguignon " with pasta and Vianney is very surprised that he remembers it. And at the end Vianney explains that he has been a fan of Mika since he was a child. That the first concert he saw was that of Mika at the "Parc des Princes" cause he lived next door. Vianney had no ticket and with his little brother they had climbed the barrier to see Mika. After that Nikos tells Mika that he is at home at The Voice and Mika replies that he is very honored. :wink2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1