2023 - Mika @ Cheltenham Jazz Festival, UK, 26 April REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Kumazzz

2 hours ago, krysady said:

That tent looks so tiny from outside! :shocked:

I made a reel today as a throwback Thursday. I filmed the tent at the very beginning. It was huge from the inside! 

Link to the reel: 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cr0jV3Ird16/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

The video: 

Edited by holdingyourdrink
Video wasn’t working, hope it does now!
  • Thanks 2

On 4/28/2023 at 6:29 AM, Kumazzz said:

Hope BBC Four has recorded and broadcast Mika's show.

BBC Four

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001lsnj

ON TV

Sun 7 May 2023 20:15

1 hour, 45 minutes

Spring Soul and Jazz from Cheltenham

A selection of performances from the 2023 Cheltenham Jazz Festival.

BBCFour-CheltenhamJazz2023SpringSoul.thumb.jpg.0ed31cc73b393d392699d670531dbecd.jpg

Mika is not in the broadcasting.

BBC Four

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001lsnj#credits

Spring Soul and Jazz from Cheltenham

Guy Barker’s Big Band and the BBC Concert Orchestra join forces at the Cheltenham Jazz festival, bringing together the very best in jazz and soul.

Joining the band on stage are some very special guests: Kurt Elling, Mica Paris, Madeline Bell, Mica Millar, Ashton Jones, Vanessa Haynes, Tommy Blaize and Ian Shaw.

Hosted by Marcus Brigstocke, the show features music celebrating the jazz and soul explosion that started in the late 1950s, and with over 80 musicians on stage and some great guests, it promises to be an extraordinary night of music.

Credits
Role     Contributor

• Presenter     Marcus Brigstocke
  • Performer     Guy Barker Big Band
  • Performer     BBC Concert Orchestra
  • Performer     Kurt Elling
  • Performer     Mica Paris
  • Performer     Madeline Bell
  • Performer     Mica Millar
  • Performer     Ashton Jones
  • Performer     Vanessa Haynes
  • Performer     Tommy Blaize
  • Performer     Ian Shaw

BBC Four

https://www.tvhome.co.uk/bbc-four/2023/05/07/2015

Introducing “Spring Soul and Jazz from Cheltenham”

8:15pm Sunday, 7th May 2023

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Late, late, late... 😅🙈  but here are my videos:

Part of Lollipop, with intro / talk

talk during Lollipop

OOL

talk about changing trousers 

Tiny Love

Relax

talk during Relax

Ice Cream

Talk before Feels like fire

Talk before Feels like fire, pt 2

talk & One more dance 

Billy Brown

Underwater, in the crowd

I probably recorded this because I thought he'd start talking, didn't mean to upload it... but, instead of deleting it now, if anyone ever needs a clip of Mika drinking from a water bottle, here you go. :lmfao:

Yoyo

talk before Grace Kelly

We Are Golden (1)

We Are Golden (2)

We Are Golden (3)

End of We Are Golden / thank you  

Love Today

Love Today / putting on cape

Finale

M&G 1

M&G 2  

M&G 3

I wanted to record Feels like Fire, but was so mesmerized that I didn't realize until the end of the song that I had forgotten to press the record button. :doh: Luckily some other MFCers caught it on video! 😅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sowentan LIVE ( 🇿🇦 South African News site )

https://www.sowetanlive.co.za/s-mag/culture/2023-05-23-nomfundo-moh-living-the-dream-as-music-career-blossoms/

23 May 2023 - 07:00

Nomfundo Moh living the dream as music career blossoms

Rising star wishes to collaborate with Alicia Keys

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrnT0JbNhuv/

6 photos by Adam Goodall

NOMFUNDOMOH-1.thumb.jpg.98f30a330d4455658419f13580496087.jpg

Singer-songwriter Nomfundo Moh talks about her journey to success in the music industry.

Nomfundo Moh is living that soft life that she sang about; not only sharing the global stage with Lebanese-British musician Mika and receiving plaques as a pinnacle of her success, but also finding economic freedom.

At the weekend, the 23-year-old was handed gold and platinum plaques for songs from her commercially successful  debut album Amagama.  

Her smash hit Phakade Lami has gone 6 x platinum, while Soft Life has been certified 3 x platinum. In addition, Ngam’khetha and Lilizela have both gone gold.

“To say I am excited is an understatement because this recognition is more like a dream coming true,” she said. 

“I’m very grateful for the international reception my music has been receiving. The past two to three years have been more of a rollercoaster ride that I never thought I’d be on. However, it has all been worth it. 

“With my music career so far, I am able to afford things that I want. I have my own car. I can provide for my family... I also got to buy my mother a house, which brings me joy. I am glad that I can see the rewards of my hard work.”

Real name Nomfundo Ngcobo, she sees her album as a “masterpiece” that will “mature like fine wine” and evoke nostalgia in the ear of the listener in many years to come. 

“When I wrote Amagama, I had my family, friends, supporters and God in mind. I was merely saying to them that I have no words to describe how thankful I am for their support with the songs on the album,” she said.  

“I wanted to thank those who had been with me even before I was famous... I wanted to thank them for sticking with me from the beginning until now.”  

The KwaZulu-Natal-born singer/songwriter three weeks ago performed at one of the UK’s leading jazz festivals, Cheltenham Jazz Festival, where she joined Mika for a special rendition of Feels Like Fire.  

“I plan to work with more international artists... working and performing with Mika was surreal. I couldn’t believe it was actually happening – that moment meant a lot to me because we got an astounding standing ovation after our performance,” she said.

As her star continues to shine, she now plans to continue growing her international footprint. Having worked with local acts Shekhinah, Sjava and Kwesta, she is now eying a collaboration with her childhood hero and American superstar Alicia Keys.  

“I love her (Keys) songwriting and her vocal range and control. She even sparked a desire inside of me to learn how to play the piano and I know one day I will. All I hope for is to work and perform with her one day,” she said.

The singer, who began her career at 16 in 2016, is dropping her second studio album, Ngcobo, this Friday.  

“I am thoroughly happy with how my music career is panning out. There was a lot of blood, sweat and tears from myself and the team and I’m glad to see that the hard work is finally paying off,” she said.

“I have also learnt to be business-minded when it comes to the music industry. I’ve learnt the importance of paperwork and I am grateful that I’ll be learning more about this industry.” 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mattcf2001 said:

Way too late to this, and new to the forums, but thought I’d share some of my photos from underwater. (The second one is now my Lock Screen)

IMG_6587.jpeg

IMG_6591.jpeg

Thanks for sharing and welcome Matt! Never too late to see beautiful Mika photos! :)

• Like 1

• Kumazzz changed the title to 2023 - Mika @ Cheltenham Jazz Festival, UK, 26 April REPORTS/PICS/VIDS