MFC Pride 2023!!!

TinyLove_CJ

On 4/27/2023 at 1:39 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

There may even be a little something, a little "tip of the hat" shall we say, for a performer that that really shines!

After discussions with Deb it has been agreed that the pride concert will be just that, a concert. A really big fun way to show our diversity within the fandom and showcase our talented fans. It will not be a competition and I'm really sorry for getting anyone's hopes up with the above information. I hope everyone will understand. 

The concert is a way of bringing us together and sharing new interests with one another and simply enjoying pride. It's a great way for everyone to show who they are without the pressure of being someone their not. 

Please keep an eye out for our photography competition, fingers crossed we will have something special to give away for that!  :crossed:

Last year we had a lot of artistic fans really enjoying our tour bus competition, I hope sharing photography will still encourage people to be creative!

More information coming soon and be sure to follow MFC on Instagram along with the mikafanclubtoo account!

• Like 4

On 5/10/2023 at 11:22 PM, dcdeb said:

If I post them here, other people could grab them and repost if they like, if that's OK with you, Celine?

Here are the three stories already published concerning the MFC Pride events. If you want to repost them on your own social networks, that would be great! 

Thank you all! ❤️💛🧡💙💚💜

Spread the word!!! :rainbow: :mika1:

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

@TheOneAndOnlyLeo I just want to double check with you if you're still wanting to participate in the concert? I can PM you if you prefer 😊

I believe so, though I am a bit uncertain about how I am going to go about it. I guess it all comes down to the details, what time the concert will take place and such. Even then I`m afraid my preformance will end up being quite unprofessional. Also, I hate to admit it but I am a bit shy...but I would like to participate if I can!

• Like 2

On 5/18/2023 at 5:13 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

After discussions with Deb it has been agreed that the pride concert will be just that, a concert. A really big fun way to show our diversity within the fandom and showcase our talented fans. It will not be a competition and I'm really sorry for getting anyone's hopes up with the above information. I hope everyone will understand. 

The concert is a way of bringing us together and sharing new interests with one another and simply enjoying pride. It's a great way for everyone to show who they are without the pressure of being someone their not. 

Please keep an eye out for our photography competition, fingers crossed we will have something special to give away for that!  :crossed:

Last year we had a lot of artistic fans really enjoying our tour bus competition, I hope sharing photography will still encourage people to be creative!

More information coming soon and be sure to follow MFC on Instagram along with the mikafanclubtoo account!

What a great idea ! As an ally i'm so glad to celebrate Pride with all the MikaFan. I can't wait to watch the concert, i'm sure it will be very great :) :rainbow:

• Like 3

Hi everybody! :bye:

Here is a new story to talk about MFC Pride month. :rainbow:

Spread the word! :thumb_yello:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

hope artists will want to share their work for Pride Month!

I really hope too dearest @TinyLove_CJ 🏳️‍🌈🫰💕

• Like 1

Pride month starts tomorrow!!! :excite:

There is still time for people to take part in everything we're planning!

This week on the 2nd June @CharlotteL will be hosting a special Pride Insta live over on mikafanclubtoo, 7pm UK time (I think), get in touch if there's any topics you'd like to talk about!

If you want to take part in the Getting to Know You Questions then get filming and answering! Either PM your videos to me here or Instagram (just_panther_cj) and they will be shared on the mikafanclubtoo account!

The live Pride Concert will be the last week of June. Any type of performer from the LGBTQ+ community is welcome! Please let me know if you (or a friend!) would like to take part!

:rainbow:  

• Like 3

On 5/26/2023 at 2:57 PM, Happymika_by_celine said:

Hi everybody! :bye:

Here is a new story to talk about MFC Pride month. :rainbow:

Spread the word! :thumb_yello:

Also don't forget about this! Fan Art Friday's throughout June will be dedicated to LGBTQ+ artists, so share your art!

• Like 2

I also wanted to add, for anyone wanting to answer the Getting to Know You questions but doesn't feel comfortable appearing on camera then it's perfectly fine if you want to create a text based video and maybe use images or photos to represent your answers.

I completely understand that some people feel too shy to show themselves online so by all means be as creative as you want to answer those questions!

• Like 3

Happy Pride Month!! :rainbow:
I look forward to kicking this off with the instagram live tomorrow (friday) at 8pm CEST on mikafanclubtoo.

Don‘t hesitate to get in touch with me beforehand or just show up and have fun.

I can‘t wait to meet lots of fellow queer fans and allies of course!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy Pride month to everyone! :rainbow:

Here are the last three stories published (in English, French and Italian) regarding the live concert at the end of June:

Do not hesitate to contact @dcdeb or @TinyLove_CJ to be able to participate in the concert and show your talents!

It's a safe place where the LGBTQ+ community can express themselves freely among gay friends and allies.

Thank you! :mika1:

And see you very soon. :bye:

And I can't wait to see you tomorrow evening dear @CharlotteL on mikafanclubtoo.

Thanks to you three for all this organization, really. :thumb_yello:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/31/2023 at 6:38 AM, TinyLove_CJ said:

Also don't forget about this! Fan Art Friday's throughout June will be dedicated to LGBTQ+ artists, so share your art!

Yes, please be sure to tag @mikafanclub and add the hashtag #MFCPride so I see it!

• Like 1

Really looking forward to the Insta live tomorrow with @CharlotteL 

And thank you too @Happymika_by_celine for all the promo, especially the translated ones, it would be awesome to get a mixed bag of international fans taking part in the events too!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I'm happy to announce that we'll be doing another instagram pride livestream next Friday (30th June at 8pm CEST) over on mikafanclubtoo!

There was such active engagement on the last one that I'm really looking forward to continue our conversation.

Queer fans are once again welcome to tell us about their experiences and I also want to put a special focus on allyship and how we can support and foster understanding for each other. So I hope we'll be joined by fans of all backgrounds, ages, sexualities, identities,... who are curious and interested in open discussions about anything LGBTQ+ and Mika.

Come with questions you've always wanted to ask and an open mind! :hug: 

• Like 7

On 6/25/2023 at 1:39 PM, CharlotteL said:

Hi everyone!

I'm happy to announce that we'll be doing another instagram pride livestream next Friday (30th June at 8pm CEST) over on mikafanclubtoo!

There was such active engagement on the last one that I'm really looking forward to continue our conversation.

Queer fans are once again welcome to tell us about their experiences and I also want to put a special focus on allyship and how we can support and foster understanding for each other. So I hope we'll be joined by fans of all backgrounds, ages, sexualities, identities,... who are curious and interested in open discussions about anything LGBTQ+ and Mika.

Come with questions you've always wanted to ask and an open mind! :hug: 

:yay:

Looking forward to that, Charlotte! Thanks so much for agreeing to host another live for us!

• Like 4

Thanks @CharlotteL for hosting again this week, looking forward to it!

And don't forget everyone that the Pride concert is tomorrow!!! 7.30pm UK time!

(Thanks @Happymika_by_celine for making this!)

Hope everyone will come and watch because we have some wonderful performers taking part!

• Like 4

The pride concert was such a wonderful way to celebrate Pride month and also celebrating our diversity and bringing Mika fans together. Regardless of technical hitches it went really well and I absolutely loved it. Big thank you to everyone that took part and hopefully we'll get to see Liam and Charlotte's videos soon!

Here's the Instagram link:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CuC9ZcagdEx/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

And I hope Mika was secretly watching! :biggrin2:

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who don't have Instagram, or don't want to use it, I've also posted the entire MFC Pride Concert on our YouTube channel here:

The first half-hour is our usual Instagram Live, the concert starts after that. Unfortunately, toward the end of the show we had some tech issues and Charlotte's video of "Stuck in the Middle" and Liam's video of "Hurts"  were not included. I did however upload both of those videos to our other Instagram account @mikafanclubtoo

I really enjoyed the "concert" and I hope everyone else did, too -- I learned a lot, so that we'll be ready to do something bigger and better next year! Thanks to everyone again for participating and making MFC Pride Month such a success!

• Like 4

16 hours ago, dcdeb said:

so that we'll be ready to do something bigger and better next year!

I may already have some ideas, but their quite basic at the moment :sweatdrop:

I guess I do have time to expand and develop them before next year though! 😄

I just want to say too that one of the reasons why I love being part of MFC Pride is the fact that I've made friends through it! There's so many great people I've got to know since the very first celebration back in 2020, you are all wonderful human beings and I couldn't love my Mika family more! :group_hug:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I just want to say too that one of the reasons why I love being part of MFC Pride is the fact that I've made friends through it!

Absolutely agree!!

I had people messaging me and coming up to me in Perugia because of the lives and starting deep conversations which I loved.

What a great opportunity to get so many different perspectives from people of all ages and backgrounds.

Thanks to all of you! :hug:

Edited by CharlotteL
  • Like 2