2023 - Mika @ Tachikawa Stage Garden, Tokyo, JAPAN - 24 May REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Kumazzz

:japan: Here we go !!!!

We are looking forward to all your posts !!

🔴:mikadas:MIKA

INSTAGRAM

Twitter

TikTok

🔴 Setlist

1. Lollipop
  2. Origin of Love
  3. Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)
  4. Tiny Love
  5. Relax, Take It Easy
  6. Ice Cream
  7. Popular Song
  8. Yo Yo
  9. Tomorrow
  10. Rain
  11. Underwater
  12. Happy Ending
  13. Elle me dit
  14. Over My Shoulder
  15. Grace Kelly
  16. Love Today
  17. We Are Golden

Encore:

1. No Place in Heaven
  2. Billy Brown

🔴 VIDEOS

@tiibet

@tomomi

rmary5368

user-st7vm6cu8s

@hy8

YYUKICKK

Edited by Kumazzz
update
  • Like 5

Haven't seen as many videos from the concert compared to yesterday, but then again it is late in Japan right now, I hope fans (and Mika) are resting!

I would like to know to setlist though, if anyone can share it? 😊

• Like 1

What a great show it was ❤️

I finished work earlier than usual but arrived just before the start of the concert. 

I had initially won SS tickets in December but got hospitalized just when I had to pay for the tickets so I lost them and ended up with S tickets. I was a bit disappointed at first but I actually really enjoyed having a view over the whole venue and seeing the Japanese fans see Mika after so much time 🥺❤️ It was really heartwarming.

My personal highlights would be Over my shoulder. I had not heard this song live in years 🥹 Also Happy Ending because I love this song to the core and it always give me chills when I hear it live. Tonight was no exception. Elle me dit was very special to me cause French is my mother tongue and I had not sung in French at a concert in Japan in quite a while. Pretty much like the whole concert, it felt like a piece of home in Japan, my new home. Quite frankly, I was pretty nostalgic and emotional during the whole show because of that 🙈 I miss jumping and dancing so much during a whole show… it is not that common in Japan based on the concerts I have been so far… 

There was a Japanese lady not far from me that knew all the lyrics. We tried to motivate people around us to use phones to illuminate the venue during Underwater.
Other people had the sale idea and it soon spread to the whole venue🥰

I told this lady after the show to join the MFC 🙈 I hope she will ☺️

Like @tiibet shared on Twitter, people did not want to leave. In Japan, there is usually an announcement to say that the show is over and that people should go home but there was none here and people just kept clapping and asking for more 🤭❤️ 

It was my boyfriend ‘s first Mika live and he has loved it. We’re eagerly waiting for Mika’s next tour in Japan, possibly with a « arena setting » but intimate, as Mika explained he’d like to do next time 🥺❤️

Due to my late arrival to the venue, I could not collect the M&G pass so I was not sure I could still join the M&G. Once again, thank you so so so much @tiibet and Yuko (I hope I heard your name right) for your help to find everyone.🥺 

Mika was pretty tired after the show. His voice was pretty weak. We were told the M&G would probably not last long. When Mika arrived, he told us he had hurt his foot too. But despite that, he was so so patient and kind. He signed things people had brought first and then took pictures with everyone. 🤯 

I had not really brought anything to get signed, just a few bath products for Mika because I thought it would be useful to relax after shows. I’m also myself a big bathhouse lover (it’s part of the reason I live in Japan 🤭). 

It was lovely to see familiar MFC faces after the show. Due to my living in Japan, I haven’t been able to go to many lives over the past few years. But I’d love to see you again in Europe if I manage to take time off when a live is planned. 👀 I had missed Mika’s lives so so much 😭

I will go to bed now.Thank you so so much for organizing the M&G !! It was really chill and I personally loved seeing everyone see Mika. It filled my heart with so much joy and love. 

Also, Naomi,your dress was amazing 🌟❤️ 

Now off to bed. Oyasumi !

Edited by Kaito
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Kaito said:

What a great show it was ❤️

I finished work earlier than usual but arrived just before the start of the concert. 

I had initially won SS tickets in December but got hospitalized just when I had to pay for the tickets so I lost them and ended up with S tickets. I was a bit disappointed at first but I actually really enjoyed having a view over the whole venue and seeing the Japanese fans see Mika after so much time 🥺❤️ It was really heartwarming.

My personal highlights would be Over my shoulder. I had not heard this song live in years 🥹 Also Happy Ending because I love this song to the core and it always give me chills when I hear it live. Tonight was no exception. Elle me dit was very special to me cause French is my mother tongue and I had not sung in French at a concert in Japan in quite a while. Pretty much like the whole concert, it felt like a piece of home in Japan, my new home. Quite frankly, I was pretty nostalgic and emotional during the whole show because of that 🙈 I miss jumping and dancing so much during a whole show… it is not that common in Japan based on the concerts I have been so far… 

There was a Japanese lady not far from me that knew all the lyrics. We tried to motivate people around us to use phones to illuminate the venue during Underwater.
Other people had the sale idea and it soon spread to the whole venue🥰

I told this lady after the show to join the MFC 🙈 I hope she will ☺️

Like @tiibet shared on Twitter, people did not want to leave. In Japan, there is usually an announcement to say that the show is over and that people should go home but there was none here and people just kept clapping and asking for more 🤭❤️ 

It was my boyfriend ‘s first Mika live and he has loved it. We’re eagerly waiting for Mika’s next tour in Japan, possibly with a « arena setting » but intimate, as Mika explained he’d like to do next time 🥺❤️

Due to my late arrival to the venue, I could not collect the M&G pass so I was not sure I could still join the M&G. Once again, thank you so so so much @tiibet and Yuko (I hope I heard your name right) for your help to find everyone.🥺 

Mika was pretty tired after the show. His voice was pretty weak. We were told the M&G would probably not last long. When Mika arrived, he told us he had hurt his foot too. But despite that, he was so so patient and kind. He signed things people had brought first and then took pictures with everyone. 🤯 

I had not really brought anything to get signed, just a few bath products for Mika because I thought it would be useful to relax after shows. I’m also myself a big bathhouse lover (it’s part of the reason I live in Japan 🤭). 

It was lovely to see familiar MFC faces after the show. Due to my living in Japan, I haven’t been able to go to many lives over the past few years. But I’d love to see you again in Europe if I manage to take time off when a live is planned. 👀 I had missed Mika’s lives so so much 😭

I will go to bed now.Thank you so so much for organizing the M&G !! It was really chill and I personally loved seeing everyone see Mika. It filled my heart with so much joy and love. 

Also, Naomi,your dress was amazing 🌟❤️ 

Now off to bed. Oyasumi !

What a great report! And so glad you were able to make the meet & greet!  @Yuko_lyrubi was a star, helping me with the meet & greets in both cities, and thanks @tiibet too!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Haven't seen as many videos from the concert compared to yesterday, but then again it is late in Japan right now, I hope fans (and Mika) are resting!

I would like to know to setlist though, if anyone can share it? 😊

Yes, I've been having a hard time finding videos today, although I think there are a few more now than earlier. I suppose we'll get a lot more tomorrow. I thought I saw someone post a set list, but I can't find it now. So far, I've seen clips or mentions of:

Ice Cream

Origin of Love

Grace Kelly

Underwater

Relax

Yo Yo

Elle Me Dit

Popular

Rain

Big Girl

Love Today

We Are Golden

Over My Shoulder

Happy Ending

No Place in Heaven
Billy Brown

I haven't seen Tiny Love or Lollipop, but I'm assuming he included those as well? So almost the same as last night, except swap Billy Brown for Feels Like Fire? No Tomorrow?

• Like 4

Someone posted this setlist on setlist.fm :))

Here Tomorrow, Tiny Love and Lollipop seem to be included...

Lollipop
Origin of Love
Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)
Tiny Love
Relax, Take It Easy
Ice Cream
Popular Song
Yo Yo
Tomorrow
Rain
Underwater
Happy Ending
Elle me dit
Over My Shoulder
Grace Kelly
Love Today
We Are Golden

Encore: No Place in Heaven
              Billy Brown

(what an amazing encore!!!!)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

AHUT8873.JPG

While we wait for videos, I thought I'd share a few photos and short videos I was sent  by a fan named @learning.compass -- she just asked that I give her proper credit.

YCQS4516[1].JPG

BFDO6653.JPG

FBVS6469.JPG

NOHX9631.JPG

XJVF8413.JPG

FRSD8020.JPG

LSBE8379.JPG

MBVG8045.JPG

WHFT2981.JPG

ODRQ1132.JPG

XUCN1431.JPG

ODYN4176.JPG

FEUA3095.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

SETLIST

I didn't get it.

5 hours ago, Perdchen said:

Someone posted this setlist on setlist.fm :))

Here Tomorrow, Tiny Love and Lollipop seem to be included...

Lollipop
Origin of Love
Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)
Tiny Love
Relax, Take It Easy
Ice Cream
Popular Song
Yo Yo
Tomorrow
Rain
Underwater
Happy Ending
Elle me dit
Over My Shoulder
Grace Kelly
Love Today
We Are Golden

Encore: No Place in Heaven
              Billy Brown

(what an amazing encore!!!!)

https://twitter.com/obento_manju/status/1661406750430605312

Fw6AoczaUAII2Kn.thumb.jpg.ecbb39579ee2971da894a90479232859.jpg

1. Lollipop
  2. Origin of Love
  3. Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)
  4. Tiny Love
  5. Relax, Take It Easy
  6. Ice Cream
  7. Popular Song
  8. Yo Yo
  9. Tomorrow
  10. Rain
  11. Underwater
  12. Happy Ending
  13. Elle me dit
  14. Over My Shoulder
  15. Grace Kelly
  16. Love Today
  17. We Are Golden

Encore:

1. No Place in Heaven
  2. Billy Brown

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here is my Flicker album.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eriko-japan/albums/72177720308547705

I had to leave the venue early for family reasons.

Here is the aftershow GUEST card for meet and greet, for that reasons I couldn't attend it.

It's just a souvenir for me.

52923601832_1e08a00391_b.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
typo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 12

1 hour ago, Kumazzz said:

Here is the aftershow GUEST card for meet and greed, for that reasons I couldn't attend it.

Oh Eriko, my heart breaks for you. I hope your family is okay and I send you a big hug ❤️

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Here is the aftershow GUEST card for meet and greed, for that reasons I couldn't attend it.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this..... I hope your family is Ok.

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

you must join next time!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

You have a nice collection of beautiful photos, Eriko!

I love them :fangurl:

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

Mina @MIINA I really appreciate your concern.:blush:

How was the meet and greet ?

I handed the bag to him and told him these are from Eriko, many tofu things in there. he looked into it and seemed surprised and said oh lots of tofu! thank you so much. my mission is completed, anyway.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@Kumazzz I hope your family is OK! Sending hugs to you and your family :hug:

--------------

After a hectic day today, I finally managed to sit down and write about my reaction to seeing Mika perform live in Tokyo. I've never been to any concerts until now, but also at the same time, this was my first time seeing Mika perform live. I guess that makes the show more memorable :lmfao:

Before the concert

I actually had to rush to the venue as soon as classes ended, despite the fact that it was 4:45pm. In total, the journey to the venue took me over an hour including one transfer to another train to get to Tachikawa station, then a bus ride because my sciatica pain was acting up (I tried to take a taxi but the driver said that he couldn't drive to the venue). I wore my favorite rainbow socks to the venue!

My friend from university was also at the concert. I was the one who told him that Mika was performing live in Japan, and I told him that I was going to the meet and greet! He was jealous :lol3: My friend arrived later than me so I grabbed some food from the nearby cafe and took my medicine while waiting for him.

After grabbing my backstage pass from Yuko (if you're reading this, thank you!), accidentally sitting on the wrong seat and rushing to grab my iPad from the coin-operated lockers to use it as a spare charger because my power bank ran out of battery, the concert started.

Sang my lungs out

The atmosphere was so electric, and Mika's joy was so infectious.

My personal favorite moment was when he was singing Big Girl (You Are Beautiful), and he pointed in my direction (I'm sure you have seen the clip I posted here haha). As someone who is considered to be plus-sized in Japan, I was so happy when he performed that song, and I definitely sang my heart and lungs out! And he also sang Ice Cream, which I've been listening to a lot recently :fangurl:
Of course, I won't ignore the fact that he sang Popular Song and it filled my heart with so much happiness. Come on, a song about being your true, authentic self is bound to fill the room with joy! Though, when he played Over my Shoulder, I was about to cry :crybaby:The way he interacted with the fans was so cute too :mf_rosetinted:

Unfortunately, I don't have any footage of me singing Rain because I just wanted to sing my heart out. Sorry!

The sea of stars when he sang Underwater was amazing. I liked how everyone joined in and it was certainly a moment to remember. In addition, it wouldn't be a Mika concert without him performing Grace Kelly, Love Today, and of course, Relax, Take It Easy :thumb_yello: Also, I didn't know the lyrics to Elle me dit (gasp!) so I just shouted the chorus in the best way I could.

I kept on chanting his name repeatedly (some people behind me joined in), and honestly I'm surprised that I didn't lose my voice from all the singing and screaming hahaha

There were two fans in front of me with rainbow ribbons, and it was fun to see many people including them having the time of their lives!

And who couldn't forget the part where he showed up as a tiger on stage while singing We Are Golden? I thought he looked cute hahahaha :lol3: 

When the lights turned on in the venue I thought "Oh, is it over?" Everyone was still clapping and not leaving the venue though so I was so confused as to what on earth was going on, until he appeared in his pajamas and started singing No Place in Heaven and Billy Brown :lol3: He looked so cozy! (first time hearing both songs too, GASP!)

I didn't know that it was an encore and thought it was part of the setlist!

After the encore, I reunited with my friend for a bit (who was sitting in a different place), and then it was time to go to the Meet and Greet. My heart was racing, I couldn't wait to meet Mika!

At the M&G
Despite Mika hurting his foot and his weakened voice, he was so kind to all of us! I can recall this part where he asked who the frog in the Q&A was, and he mentioned the Netflix series The Makanai. I told him that I actually discovered him from watching last year's Eurovision Song Contest and he asked me whether I had popcorn to snack on while watching the grand final :lmfao: (sorry Mika, I didn't manage to grab snacks before the show started...)

Anyway, he signed my favorite notebook, and I managed to take a picture with him after that. He actually noticed my tsum tsum-like plushie which was in the Q&A TikTok! (The plushie's name is Jill, by the way. She says hi :lol:)

Anyway, after the meet and greet, I left the venue, a happy little fan. The whole time, my heart was beating so fast, and I kept on smiling (I'm telling you all, Mika's joy is infectious!!)  :lol3: Thank you to the MFC for organizing the M&G!

Final notes

Overall, for my first ever concert, this was definitely a concert to remember, and of course, it's Mika. How could I not leave the concert feeling a sense of bliss?

Well, this has been my report, now I'm gonna be a good university student and study before going to bed (though most likely I'm gonna be trawling through the videos I managed to take from the concert hahahahaha :lmfao:) Night everyone!

Edited by udonslayer
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• Kumazzz changed the title to 2023 🇯🇵 Mika @ Tachikawa Stage Garden, Tokyo, JAPAN - 24 May REPORTS/PICS/VIDS