mika @ manchester academy 2 - 27 feb 07

babygirl.6151

oh my how bloody xciting is this!!! i cant sleep with xcitement!!

ok... dunno wha time im gonna be getting there yet... may be bit early... im too xcited to type!!!!

kro bar it is!!! liz i know you but noone else:shocked: dunno what im going to be wearing either yet!! although im going to be deffo wearing BRIGHT PINK BRACES!!!

they will be dangling down not worn correctly!

see u guys 2mra!!

love steph x x

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there. Will definitely wear a rosette.... maybe a Queen t-shirt as I haven't got a Mika one yet.

CW.

I'll be there - boho kaftan brown top with home made mika badge!

Just had wonderful news - one of my best friends (big Mika fan - was due to come with me tonight) just had her baby last night - a little girl called Katie:p , so this is going to be the BEST day ever!!!!:woot_jump: She said not being able to see Mika was her 1st sacrifice as a parent

If you're going Have a great night.... although I think it is agreed that this is a forgone conclusion now:punk:

remember the deal...... gossip and pics!

Enjoy:woot_jump: :woot_jump: :woot_jump:

lv, andi xxx

I'll wear my Mika Fan Club badge and probably my rather attractive (:no: ) blue anorak 'cos it is freezing here and pishing down ...and I don't do cold, so I wrap up and bugger the consequences ...ie I'm too old to give a stuff! :naughty:

Should be at the pub for about 6.30-645 ish ,can people stay near the front if there's seats 'cos if y'all wander to the back or upstairs I'll not find yas! :blink:

Me too -Hope to see you there. I've got a home-made Mika fan club badge with my name on so keep a look out for me.

:naughty::roftl: home made badge, dont forget to make one to give to mika too, shouldnt you be going dont be late for Mika...:punk::mf_lustslow:

What a FANTASTIC night

Once I've worked out how to upload the pics to this I'll put them on later.

Met up with filip (Liz) & had a great time. MIKA was awesome - but it seemed to be over too quickly - could have listened to it all again! Off to work.

I wrote this massive long review thing ...and then my computer killed it ...:no: not sure if I can be bothered to do it all again....:blink:

I'll see how I feel later ...but if you thought Saturday was good ....you saw ...nothing!!!! :naughty:

Gig was major! He put so much effort into it! Having only seen him perform Grace Kelly when i was at the showing of The Culture Show it was awesome seeing him do his album and even "Everybodys Talking At Me" which he did on the Napster Interview. The lollipop ladies were rather beautiful as well! And as for the Big Girls You Are Beautiful, well there was plenty of them there....

haha

http://www.myspace.com/mcpeet - Check out for pics from gig and stuff.

Oh, and i got to meet Leon Jean-Marie at the end of it which was awesome, he's a really cool guy!

No dont go!! tell more, commeeee on , did you meet him??? :biggrin2:

Missed him in Kro BAr by 10 mins:thumbdown: Fillip stayed on to catch him -did you chat Liz?

I've put a review on the Oldlings thread & will update you with pics later.

BRILL night.

P.S. Great gal - Liz - we had a scream!

yes we certainly did ..you and Gary are ace!:naughty::thumb_yello:

and yes I did see the lovely Mika and all the band (who were all utterly lovely.. again ) and was very pleased to be recognised too :blush-anim-cl:

Got my set list signed by everyone(even if I was cheeky to Mika ...:naughty: ) and piccies with Mika, Cherisse and Luke.

The only addition to the set was 'everybody's talkin'' which was beautiful and it was lovely to hear everyone sing along with him.

I thought the roof was going to come off during 'Grace Kelly' people went nuts and 2000 ish mancunians in full voice is something to behold!

and I loved the bliss balloons and glitter cannons in Lollipop.

And as the man himself said...."this ..this is what you call a gig ! "

The only downside was some complete knob ends waiting at the stage door ..making nuisances of themselves ..luckily they had attention spans to match their intellects and had gone by the time the band came out.

wow!!! last night! i am still utterly speechless!

one of THE best gigs ive been to and ive been to MANY!

mika was soooo lovely, he signed my braces and set list and album cover for my friend! and posed for 3 photos (because the first 2 wouldnt work) he was soooo warm!!!

his band are so lovely and really looked like they were having an amazing time! i just loved everything about the gig, twas awesome!

nice to see you again liz, i trust you got home safely

me and crystal ender up in baa baa and the last song played of the night was GRACE KELLY!!! i went crazy dancing mika style!

*on our way to taxi after drinks we seen a man get ABSOLUTELY beat up by 3 thugs!!! it was aweful, we waited with him and phones ambulance and police... a bad end to a fabulous night!*

[

*on our way to taxi after drinks we seen a man get ABSOLUTELY beat up by 3 thugs!!! it was aweful, we waited with him and phones ambulance and police... a bad end to a fabulous night!*

Oh you poor things -what an awful expreience:thumbdown: