TRANSCRIPT: Mika Interview, R1 Chart Show 210107

Cautionary Wife

TRANSCRIPT:

RADIO ONE CHART SHOW

With JK and Joel

Sunday 21 January 2007-01-21

Transcribed by: Cautionary Wife.

PRESENTER: … which means we have a brand new Number One in the UK this week – it’s up 2 places for Mika and Grace Kelly and this time on the show last week, we told him he’d be number one this week. He’s somewhere in America. Hiya Mika.

MIKA: (laughs) How are you?

P: Really good. Are you?

M: Very well.

P: Told you we’d call you this time this week.

M: Yeah. You did indeed, but I’m a superstitious little boy, so…

P: Right. Before we start this interview properly, I have to say this because usually other chart shows, well they tend to pretend that they’ve got you on-line, okay, and normal studio quality. However, at this present moment in time you are, where?

M: I’m just taking a day off and we’re doing a series of secret shows around the States.

P: Wow.

M: It’s all very ‘Willy Wonka’ and no-one was able to buy tickets. They’ve been giving away tickets all week on my website.

P: Now, last week you said to celebrate you were gonna go and buy a Japanese toy, cos I know you collect toys.

M: I haven’t bought it yet – but – there is the Mother of All Toy Shops in New York, a place called Toy Tokyo and, you know what, I think I’m gonna upgrade and get a bigger one.

P: Whooooo ! Well you’ve sold a few copies then.

M: (chuckles)

P: Let’s talk about something that’s that a bit more serious now. You really have taken hold of these new chart rules. Because of downloads you’ve got to number one and stuff like that, and you’re a relatively new artist as well. What do you think of these new chart downloading rules?

M: I think it’s absolutely amazing, and d’you know, I was helped a lot by on-line media and blog media, right through to websites and stuff, and I’ve got an amazing set of people who support me.

P: What’s your myspace address?

M: It’s http://www.myspace.com/mikamyspace - all one word.

P: Very exciting. Well, I’m gonna get on there in a minute and you’re gonna be one of my new friends.

M: Brilliant.

P: If you accept me.

M: Ummm. I don’t know. I’ll look at the pictures. (laughter)

P: So you’re in New York right now, okay. What’re you gonna do later on? Are you gonna go out celebrating, are you going for a drink, you’re gonna spend it with friends, family? What are you gonna do?

M: I’ve got, I’m typical, cos I’m half Lebanese, I’ve got an enormous family wherever I go around the world. So I’m gonna gather about 30 of my family and go and go and find some restaurant in New York with a big enough table for the 48 of us.

P: Brilliant. Now, might speak to you at the same time next week.

M: (sighs) Uh. Hope so.

P: Alright Mika. Introduce your Number One single. Oh no – you’re not gonna do that, are you.

M: I’m not gonna do that myself, in fact. I’ve got a song called ‘Lollipop’ and a little cartoon based on that song and one of the characters is called Lollipop Girl, and the real girl is who’s on the record and who’s actually on the animation that we’re making, is sitting right next to me, and she’s 8 years old and she’s my cousin. And she’s gonna introduce the song, and she’s nervous, so give her a chance.

P: Oh we will. Okay Mika. Take care.

M: Thanks for everything.

P: Alright. Bye bye.

LOLLIPOP GIRL: Hi. This is Lollipop Girl and here’s Mika’s single, Grace Kelly. Lollipops all round.

EVERYONE: Whooo hooo. (clapping)

P: Thank you very much.

M: Brilliant. Thank you guys.

P: Take care. Bye bye.

M: Bye.

<Grace Kelly plays.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
TRANSCRIPT:

RADIO ONE CHART SHOW

With JK and Joel

Sunday 21 January 2007-01-21

Transcribed by: Cautionary Wife.

PRESENTER: … which means we have a brand new Number One in the UK this week – it’s up 2 places for Mika and Grace Kelly and this time on the show last week, we told him he’d be number one this week. He’s somewhere in America. Hiya Mika.

MIKA: (laughs) How are you?

P: Really good. Are you?

M: Very well.

P: Told you we’d call you this time this week.

M: Yeah. You did indeed, but I’m a superstitious little boy, so…

P: Right. Before we start this interview properly, I have to say this because usually other chart shows, well they tend to pretend that they’ve got you on-line, okay, and normal studio quality. However, at this present moment in time you are, where?

M: I’m just taking a day off and we’re doing a series of secret shows around the States.

P: Wow.

M: It’s all very ‘Willy Wonka’ and no-one was able to buy tickets. They’ve been giving away tickets all week on my website.

P: Now, last week you said to celebrate you were gonna go and buy a Japanese toy, cos I know you collect toys.

M: I haven’t bought it yet – but – there is the Mother of All Toy Shops in New York, a place called Toy Tokyo and, you know what, I think I’m gonna upgrade and get a bigger one.

P: Whooooo ! Well you’ve sold a few copies then.

M: (chuckles)

P: Let’s talk about something that’s that a bit more serious now. You really have taken hold of these new chart rules. Because of downloads you’ve got to number one and stuff like that, and you’re a relatively new artist as well. What do you think of these new chart downloading rules?

M: I think it’s absolutely amazing, and d’you know, I was helped a lot by on-line media and blog media, right through to websites and stuff, and I’ve got an amazing set of people who support me.

P: What’s your myspace address?

M: It’s http://www.myspace.com/mikamyspace - all one word.

P: Very exciting. Well, I’m gonna get on there in a minute and you’re gonna be one of my new friends.

M: Brilliant.

P: If you accept me.

M: Ummm. I don’t know. I’ll look at the pictures. (laughter)

P: So you’re in New York right now, okay. What’re you gonna do later on? Are you gonna go out celebrating, are you going for a drink, you’re gonna spend it with friends, family? What are you gonna do?

M: I’ve got, I’m typical, cos I’m half Lebanese, I’ve got an enormous family wherever I go around the world. So I’m gonna gather about 30 of my family and go and go and find some restaurant in New York with a big enough table for the 48 of us.

P: Brilliant. Now, might speak to you at the same time next week.

M: (sighs) Uh. Hope so.

P: Alright Mika. Introduce your Number One single. Oh no – you’re not gonna do that, are you.

M: I’m not gonna do that myself, in fact. I’ve got a song called ‘Lollipop’ and a little cartoon based on that song and one of the characters is called Lollipop Girl, and the real girl is who’s on the record and who’s actually on the animation that we’re making, is sitting right next to me, and she’s 8 years old and she’s my cousin. And she’s gonna introduce the song, and she’s nervous, so give her a chance.

P: Oh we will. Okay Mika. Take care.

M: Thanks for everything.

P: Alright. Bye bye.

LOLLIPOP GIRL: Hi. This is Lollipop Girl and here’s Mika’s single, Grace Kelly. Lollipops all round.

EVERYONE: Whooo hooo. (clapping)

P: Thank you very much.

M: Brilliant. Thank you guys.

P: Take care. Bye bye.

M: Bye.

<Grace Kelly plays.

great and fun interview! has anyone have the audio version saved?