Doubt over Mika's past?

jfung79

Why would Mika invent such a story about his parents ? He doesn't need that to interest people ! His music is interesting enough.

My mother said she remembered the story of this embassy his father was supposed to stay in. As for me, I don't.

Please those who know what MIka's house look like, can you reassure me ? Please, tell me the wallpapers we can see behind him in the photographs in the booklet of his album are NOT from his house ? I think they are very ugly !

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

awww mika would never make something up like that! he better not.. lol jkjk. i have read a lot of things saying about his family being wealthy and such but nothing extreme. i think it's more like he's not so much rags to riches like a lot of celebrities are. who knows.

He did say on the Popworld interview that he lived in the basement flat of his parents house. And I think, seeing the pictures of his front door and window, that it looks quite pretty, I am assuming that it is his front door and window.

Anyone got a pic of his place???

Well first of all, you have to take everything they say with a grain of salt. After all, they claimed he was born Michael Penniman which Mika himself has said to be false. He was born Mica but changed it to Mika.

Also, it seems most have taken the embassy bit out of context. Mika has explained that his father was virtually taken hostage because when he went to Kuwait on a job, the situation became so volatile he couldn't even step foot outside of the American embassy for fear of being shot. He was absent for quite some time because of it. This was supposedly a very hard time for the family financially.

Of course they have a lot of money. Its nearly impossible to raise five children in barely liveable standards let alone to provide for them as well as they did. I'm sure Mika was wanting for nothing material when he grew up but that doesn't mean he didn't have to work for things either. No doubt his parents couldn't fund thousands of dollars for one musical endeavor, especially considering he's the middle child. They must have helped him in every way they could with a private tutor, instruments, then private and home schooling - all of which are quite expensive, to say he least - and he knew the rest was up to him.

:punk: does it really matter about his past, what the press digs up, (mostly nasty invented stuff anyway) to me what matters is Mika now, the person, the music and , most of all, that fame does not ruin his values, his incredible talent, his sense of fun his clothes taste and... his stage performances.

He himself said in the interview in Berlin ' I will not change' and I believe him!!!!!!!!:punk: