Mika's Legal Name...

erosatire

Of course his name is Michael but he isn't really lying when he says his name is Mica, if that's the only thing he has ever been called and known as.*but yes he's a bit of a fibber at times:naughty: *

:naughty: I know he's not really lying in this case. My point is that "Mika said so" is not much of an argument because he's always making conflicting statements.

Look at the costume thing. On the DVD he says he came up with the idea in Montreal and a few days ago he gave an interview and said he came up with it in a costume shop in Toronto. There's no point in us arguing about whether it was Montreal or whether it was Toronto based on what he said because he made both statements.

The fact that Mika is publishing songs under Michael Holbrook Penniman trumps anything and everything he's ever said on the subject as far as I'm concerned.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard "Mica" was short for Micayena "Me-kay-ena" so really I'm confused but Mika's full name is:

Mica Holbrooke Penniman

(and by the way his name is not Michael because he explains that his mum was not into the whole "junior-thing" (his daddy was called Michael) so therefore she named him Mica! But he got it changed to Mika with a k because people kept calling him "Misa", "Mike-a", "Meesa" and "Mick-a" when it should be said like "Meeka". Shame I liked Mica with a c because it seemed more unusual but unique and thats what Mika is unique in every way!

Love you Mika forever

:roftl:

:roftl:

I think you're supposed to say he embellishes the facts:mf_rosetinted:

Of course his name is Michael but he isn't really lying when he says his name is Mica, if that's the only thing he has ever been called and known as.*but yes he's a bit of a fibber at times:naughty: *

It's the Holbrook bit which is far more interesting. What an unusual name.

yeah,dats true.holbrook,it's an interesting name,very unique really.i prefer it if Mika's name is actually mica and not michael,you know,our Mika,he's such a guy that hardly imitates anyone in his styles.the name 'mica' suits him better i guess.well,check this out,this is what i found on wikipedia:

Mica Penniman (born 18 August 1983), known as Mika (pronounced /ˈmiːkə/),Some sources[1][2][3] note his birth name as Michael Holbrook Penniman.He slightly altered his given name, Mica, changing the "c" to a "k," because he was frustrated by how often people would mispronounce it.

i hope this solves any further queries.otherwise,mika's legal name will remain a mystery forever.lol..

I heard "Mica" was short for Micayena "Me-kay-ena" so really I'm confused but Mika's full name is:

Mica Holbrooke Penniman

(and by the way his name is not Michael because he explains that his mum was not into the whole "junior-thing" (his daddy was called Michael) so therefore she named him Mica! But he got it changed to Mika with a k because people kept calling him "Misa", "Mike-a", "Meesa" and "Mick-a" when it should be said like "Meeka". Shame I liked Mica with a c because it seemed more unusual but unique and thats what Mika is unique in every way!

Love you Mika forever

You ain't serious , are you? :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Look Christine and I have been trying to explain his name is Michael for hours... I don't know what to add. I listened to the same interviews, I read the official publication mentions, and it's very clear to me his name is michael :naughty:

Look Christine and I have been trying to explain his name is Michael for hours... I don't know what to add. I listened to the same interviews, I read the official publication mentions, and it's very clear to me his name is michael :naughty:

hey niki,mind sharing with us the link of the interviews please?you know,just to clear the air :wink2:

hey niki,mind sharing with us the link of the interviews please?you know,just to clear the air :wink2:

Uh, you know how many of these there are? I don't remember which ones they were! I think the "Mika life in 5'" should be a start. I mostly remember the French interviews in which he tells about his name but I couldn't give u the link without searching...

May I join Niki and Christine in banging my head against this brick wall :naughty::boxed:

It's Michael but Mica, in the same way you might be christened Alexander but always - yes even from birth - have been called Alex, or Samuel but always called Sam, or Nicholas but always called Nicky.

OK??

And what's wrong with Michael anyway. It's my dad's name and my son's middle name. I should start calling them both Mica.:naughty:

:thumb_yello:

May I join Niki and Christine in banging my head against this brick wall :naughty::boxed:

It's Michael but Mica, in the same way you might be christened Alexander but always - yes even from birth - have been called Alex, or Samuel but always called Sam, or Nicholas but always called Nicky.

OK??

And what's wrong with Michael anyway. It's my dad's name and my son's middle name. I should start calling them both Mica.:naughty:

*steps aside to let Gatagordinha bang head against wall*

There hun, I got some aspirine, just in case :naughty:

Sorry but can I just say, I have a right to have my own say and I wrote it to share my own opinion and to help the fellow MFCer that started this thread, not to start rivalry over a name :blink:, so lets not do this c'mon I only just wanted to share my evidence its not like if his name was just Mica it would be the end of the world! So please understand I was just trying to help :wink2:

Sorry but can I just say, I have a right to have my own say and I wrote it to share my own opinion and to help the fellow MFCer that started this thread, not to start rivalry over a name :blink:, so lets not do this c'mon I only just wanted to share my evidence its not like if his name was just Mica it would be the end of the world! So please understand I was just trying to help :wink2:

Oh you have the right to express your opinion, sorry if I sounded harsh, but really I thought you were joking when you mentionned the Micayena thing :blush-anim-cl:

No, really, trust us, I think the poor M has been stalked enough by this forum for us to know what his name is :wink2:

*steps aside to let Gatagordinha bang head against wall*

There hun, I got some aspirine, just in case :naughty:

thanks, I need those!!

Just to say, I didn't mean to sound harsh either, so sorry to anyone who took offence.

When the FAQs are published and all Mika Knowledge is set in stone, there will be no need for opinions on anything:mf_rosetinted:

(joke, for anyone who isn't into sarcasm :wink2: )

thanks a lot! that really solved the mystery.so his name's mica holbrook penniman then,not michael h.penniman.so we're all wrong,i rest my case.:shocked:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Kata, Gata, please, help :shocked:

His name his MICHAEL, abbreviated MICA, then turned into MIKA.

thanks a lot! that really solved the mystery.so his name's mica holbrook penniman then,not michael h.penniman.so we're all wrong,i rest my case.:shocked:

well yes and no, listen closely at 2:03, its easy to miss but he does say his full name. Mica or "mika" is just a nickname that he goes by.:wink2:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Kata, Gata, please, help :shocked:

His name his MICHAEL, abbreviated MICA, then turned into MIKA.

:roftl: You know what it's not like we have to use his legal name for anything, so if people badly want to believe it's Mica then why not :mf_rosetinted: I'll show you all the certificate when I marry him, then we'll have it solved once and for all :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl: You know what it's not like we have to use his legal name for anything, so if people badly want to believe it's Mica then why not :mf_rosetinted: I'll show you all the certificate when I marry him, then we'll have it solved once and for all :mf_rosetinted:

True. I'll keep calling him Richard until your wedding then.

Doh! No that's the other guy's not-real-name, sh** :naughty:

True. I'll keep calling him Richard until your wedding then.

Doh! No that's the other guy's not-real-name, sh** :naughty:

Maybe it would be better if Mika and Richandy got married actually, then we could solve both mysteries at once :mf_rosetinted:

I always call him Neil, anyway, it's my codename for him. But of course he was christened Nilsson, after Harry Nilsson, but his Mum didn't like that so he got called Neil. He'll shortly be changing it to Neel because he is sick of it being pronounced Nile.

hahaha..let me be the 2nd wife, lol.this whole mika's legal name thingy is totally spinning my head around.i think this is a perfect time to get myself an aspirine and listen to 'stuck in the middle',haha.niki,i think ur rite.i didn't really hear his statements clearly just now considering the video quality wasn't that good.:boxed:

I always call him Neil, anyway, it's my codename for him. But of course he was christened Nilsson, after Harry Nilsson, but his Mum didn't like that so he got called Neil. He'll shortly be changing it to Neel because he is sick of it being pronounced Nile.

I've heard it's really Nilsson Cupcake Harryman Jr. is that correct? It's very important for me to know such things :mf_rosetinted: