Cover Songs

Queenie87

I'd like to hear Mika sing Queen's "March Of The Black Queen" as he has the vocal dexterity for the tricky fast bits... like...

"Youve never seen nothing like it

No never in your life

Like going up to heaven

And then coming back alive

Let me tell you all about it

Oooh give me a little time to choose

Water babies singing in a lily pool delight

Blue powder monkeys praying in the dead of night..."

CW.

I love that too..

thanks for the links Queenie:thumb_yello:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read in an interveiw, that he finds it hard to do covers because of his dyslexia - he cant read music because of it so he has to learn it by ear [which is a lot harder than having it all written out in front of you!!!]

I <3 Mika!

Yeah, you could see that on his French Taratata appearance .. he was trying to work out how Killer Queen goes, it ws funny, but what he did manage sounded awesome.

I think he would do great singing "My Melancholy Blues" (Queen)... :)

And some Beatles' songs, like Penny Lane or Strawberry Fields!

...Totally agree!

I think he would be perfecti not only with Queen's song, but also with Beatles...

i was watching "worlds greatest music" on tv and grease was number 1...and id love to listen to him sing "ur the want that i want" for sheer amusement XD

Would like to hear him sing something from phantom of the opera aswell :D

strawberry fields? that song is much too dull for our mika!!! lol!! i think i would like him to cover something from the scissor sisters, if he did then i think 'she's my man' by the scissor sisters, that would be a gd 1 for him to sing/cover!!!

• 3 months later...
OK so we've heard Mika sing fab versions of 'Everybody's Talking', 'Hips Don't Lie' and 'Same Jeans' and loved em. But what other cover songs would you like him to sing?

I was listening to 'Don't Leave Me This Way' by the Communard and thought that Mika could do a great version of that. For some reason I really could imagine him singing it. :cool:

So any ideas on songs?

I just heard Cheap Trick's 'I Want You To Want Me' on the radio. You could argue that the message is similar to 'Love Today', but I would still love to hear Mika do a cover of that one.

Also, I think Yaz is pretty much split up by now, but it would be great to hear Mika sing some of their songs (esp. from Upstairs at Erics) with Alison Moyet.

Yes, yes, yes! I totally agree, I'd love to hear him sing in Arabic!!

well scince im aribic, i lov arabic music. he would be good!

ps. my dad speaks full arabic. my dad met mika at cochella and they were talking together in it. then at the SF show we met mika and they were doing it then too! it was really cool!!!

sorry if im rong but is that aha?

"Walking in Memphis" was originally recorded by an American artist by the name of Marc Cohn.

Mika should do a full recording of "Aux Champs Elysèes" with just him and a piano. The minute of it he did on Taratata is brilliant, even though I understand about five words :thumb_yello:

covers i would love to hear mika do

Never let you go by evermore

summer of 69 bryan adams

What i got by sublime

Poison by alice cooper

Red lips, Red lips, Red stockings by the red elvises

strange and beautifulby aqualung

teenage dirtbag wheatus

Rosanna by toto

satisfaction by the rolling stones

and on a funny note it would be halarious to hear him do a cover of 'dont you make your brown eyes blue!!'

"Walking in Memphis" was originally recorded by an American artist by the name of Marc Cohn.

Mika should do a full recording of "Aux Champs Elysèes" with just him and a piano. The minute of it he did on Taratata is brilliant, even though I understand about five words :thumb_yello:

I agree that I would really love to hear Mika do a full recording of "Aux Champs Elysees"

Also, "Blackbird" by the Beatles

And "Darling Nikki" by Prince

:wink2::thumb_yello::mf_rosetinted:

I'd love to see him do a cover of tainted love :biggrin2:

and maybe even a cover of Pink by Aerosmith :roftl:

and Son of a preacher man - Dusty Springfield:naughty: with a good upbeat version ofcourse a bit more groovy

haha, funny thing is, I'm like really imagining him singing those songs, and they sound pretty darn good in my mind!!:thumb_yello:

OH YESSSS!!! Absolutely! :biggrin2:

I'd love to see him do a cover of tainted love :biggrin2:

and maybe even a cover of Pink by Aerosmith :roftl:

and Son of a preacher man - Dusty Springfield:naughty: with a good upbeat version ofcourse a bit more groovy

haha, funny thing is, I'm like really imagining him singing those songs, and they sound pretty darn good in my mind!!:thumb_yello:

I will second Tainted Love!!! Sounds pretty darn good in my mind too! :punk: