Cover Songs

Queenie87

Damango, from one Prince fan to another I would LOVE to hear Mika take on Prince. Wow that would be amazing, I bet he would pull it off tremendously.

I love Dave Matthew's "Satellite" but Mika's version is just amazingly spine tingeling crazy.

Oh yes, I don't even want to think of all the Prince songs I want him to do. I won't get anything done at work today! LOL!

Satellite was gorgeous, and downright magical. I also love Martin's guitar work on that one. I was a little nervous before I heard it, because I love the song so, and my man is a huge Dave fan (he even met him on a ferry boat one day). Mika definitely did it justice. Mika strikes me as the kind of artist who would treat a cover song with respect, but he still adds his own whimsical touch.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to hear some of Elton John... Goodbye yellow brick road (I love this song), Honky cat, Sorry seems to be the hardest word...

And what about "my baby just care for me" with the amazing piano?

Ooooh, Mika, please, read this thread! :wink2:

id love to hear him do dirty diana (michael J) i dunno why, i just love that song!

or aerosmith, 'pink'

or or or.. big bottom, spinal tap?! haha, purely cos i LOVE the lyrics!! download it.. now..

OR OR OR

KISS, by prince

I totally agree with you Damango!! I would love to hear some of the non hit songs by Prince like "Sometimes it snows in April" "The beautiful ones" or "The Arms of orion" although I could totally see Mika covering D&Pearls too.

Harabel, I adore goodbye yellow brick road!! I love the part where he says

"Mongrels who ain't got a penny Sniffing for tidbits like you on the ground" great lyrics and beautiful melody!!

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road was my favorite song when I was 3 years old! (Not joking) I finally saw Elton last fall in concert, and as soon as he started singing it, I burst into tears. It was a very emotional moment, finally hearing him play that song live, 21 years after I fell in love with it. I'm sure I'd cry if I heard Mika sing it too. The message is actually kind of similar to Grace Kelly, so I could see him doing a good job of it.

The Prince songs I'd like to hear him do are I Feel For You and I Wanna Be Your Lover. Oldies, but goodies! Kiss would be almost too sexy. I'm not sure if I could handle it. That little clip of him singing it on a French TV show was almost too much for me. :naughty:

Oh, and The Beautiful Ones would have me passed out on the floor for sure! "Do you want him? Or do you want me? Cuz I want YOU!" Oh man...

I agree with:

1. PRINCE!

Also:

2. The Beatles

3. Bee Gees

4. Abba

5. "Come On Eileen" by Dexy's Midnight Runners

6. "Red Red Wine" UB40

7. "Tide is High" Blondie

I agree with:

1. PRINCE!

Also:

2. The Beatles

3. Bee Gees

4. Abba

5. "Come On Eileen" by Dexy's Midnight Runners

6. "Red Red Wine" UB40

7. "Tide is High" Blondie

This is a great list! Can you see Mika skipping around in dungarees ala Dexy's Midnight Runners? It is so funny that you put "Red Red Wine" here, because I hadn't heard that song in a while, but I literally just heard it about 2 hours ago when I was walking past the Hard Rock Cafe and when I heard it I thought to myself that Mika could really do the song justice!

yes, some red red wine....how about:

-any song from the shins

-rascal flats -what hurts the most

-to the moon and i knew i loved you from savage garden

-any greenday song

-any maroon 5 song

-any air supply song

-any outfield song

lol and i don't know the artist nor name of the song but it goes like - play that funky music white boy, play that funky music....

Harabel, I adore goodbye yellow brick road!! I love the part where he says

"Mongrels who ain't got a penny Sniffing for tidbits like you on the ground" great lyrics and beautiful melody!!

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road was my favorite song when I was 3 years old! (Not joking) I finally saw Elton last fall in concert, and as soon as he started singing it, I burst into tears. It was a very emotional moment, finally hearing him play that song live, 21 years after I fell in love with it. I'm sure I'd cry if I heard Mika sing it too. The message is actually kind of similar to Grace Kelly, so I could see him doing a good job of it.

I'm sure Mika would do a great job of this song! It makes me cry too, I adore the lyrics... "when are you gonna come down, when are you going to land? I shoud have stayed on the farm, I should have listened to my old man... you know you can't hold me forever, I didn't sign up with you, I'm not a present for your friends to open, this boy's too young to be singing the blues..." :tears:

• 3 weeks later...