Such a nasty Mika review!

Sarah_Lou

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I simply think this...Dobson and other some people who write there have a serious problem: they believe to know, but they don't feel. They believe to live, but they only exist.

"De gustibus non disputandum est" people says in ancient Rome: but there is a shadow line which divides taste from stupidity, that is incapacity to recognize a great talent, despite of Mika's eclectic inspiration of different artists...

So, I think there are a lot of stupids on the earth...:thumbdown:

well, seeing as he had no technical or knowledgeable facts to back-up why he thought the music was bad.... that doesn't really count as a review!

Mika's music makes me feel good, and you can't really argue that.

That's harsh. No that's worse than harsh. I understand if u don't like something but seriously no need to get so bloody rude about it. "Diseased Leo Sayer" y do u need 2 b so rude 4. If u dont like the song don't bloody listen 2 it!! No one's forcin u 2. Oh no wait he is no.1 bcos he freakin rocks!!!:punk:

he is simply pathetic! how dare he write a peice of writing like that, i dont know how he sleeps at night...just dredful ...anyway.....any one heard of mika? er yes! ....any one heard of gareth dobson? thought not! well i certanly havn't that says it all he's jealous! he's top of the chaarts! he wouldn't be there if everyone didnt like him! he obviously has bad taste in music!

well, seeing as he had no technical or knowledgeable facts to back-up why he thought the music was bad.... that doesn't really count as a review!

Mika's music makes me feel good, and you can't really argue that.

brilliant point:thumb_yello:

If it's so bad why has grace kelly and LICM been number one for how many weeks now???? :P

Couldn't agree more, I always feel sad when I read bad reviews about my favourite bands, but I have also learned to ignore the bad ones and enjoy the good ones instead!

dear God! i honestly couldn't imagine anyone not liking mika...he's just so likable! the review just made me feel sorry for the guy who wrote it...he just sounds like he's a bitter old fella with no playfulness left in him...sad...and the more i tried to analize what the poor guy was sayin there, the more i felt like he was just tryin to sqeeze as much sophisticated vocabulary as possible in a review that did its best to contradict the vast majority of critics and audiences alike and stand out...or maybe its just me(u know, gotta respect the whole 'de gustibus et de coloribus non disputandum' thingy)...nevermind...already forgot about it:wink2: ! call me simple and mainstream, but i'll always think mika rox:P!

That is awful.

Well, i think in the music business, you've got to accept that some are gonna love ya, and some are gonna hate ya, but i dont think there was any need to critisise him for the way he looks/the way he acts/his sexuality...

After all...it was supposed to be a MUSIC reveiw....

I laugh in the face of whoever wrote that...Mika has certainly made more money than them!!!

WE LOVE MIKA!!!!!!!! XXXX

Don't take it too seriously - everyone has a different style and taste in music. No everyone will love MIKA and that is ok. More of him to go around for those of us who do love his talent and music!

-Jeffery in San Francisco :bleh:

:shocked: i'm so utterly shocked that anyone could not like his music! . even tho most of my friends that i've let listen to the album dont like it.

yes its different. but thats what makes it great! and addicting too! its so nice to hear something that is somewhat original whereas everything else in the music industry is seemingly the same.

its also nice to have a singer that isnt usuing too many vocal effects. he sounds the same, if not better, live and on the album. he is forever my fav! <3

this reveiw actually made me cry :(

I just kept thinking, how can they say all this about a guy who is so overly nice and talented??

Are they Jealous? Are they just naïve?

Well, i think, as long as us loyal Mika lovers stick by him, then we can fight his corner and he'll come out fightin!

And if i ever meet that guy.......ill punch him out!

It's the kind of review that makes my blood boil and I think I have written and complained on numerous occasions that if critics don't understand their stuff, they should give the job to someone else!

Because of reviews like this one (and sadly there are more!) I wrote how I felt about everything in 'are we a nation...', I am totally disillusioned by the fact that Mika's hard work is being trodden on, and , yes I spend my life defending him (as others do) because I believe in him big time, but I know that the time will come when they come crawling...

I have stopped reading rreplies on some site because they are just reflecting a small narrowminded minority and these guys don't deserve getting us down I'm glad Brian may feels the same!

this reveiw actually made me cry :(

I just kept thinking, how can they say all this about a guy who is so overly nice and talented??

Are they Jealous? Are they just naïve?

Well, i think, as long as us loyal Mika lovers stick by him, then we can fight his corner and he'll come out fightin!

And if i ever meet that guy.......ill punch him out!

You will have to queue up behind me, Sarah!

Just what is it with all these rock/indie/metal snobs?

I love all that stuff too, and lots more besides, but i am still capable of loving a true pop star like Mika without feeling the need to justify it, or feel embarassed by it!:punk:

Now where is my Radiohead CD...

If you ask me, he'd already given it 1/10 before he'd even listened to it.

Exactly! For me it wasn't that they didn't like the music but they didn't seem to take anytime to get to know about Mika and see what he's all about. The person who wrote the review (who isn't important enough to remeber his/her name) needs to wake up and actually LISTEN to the words properly before they can really make a truthful review. In my eyes they are not a good reviewer and need to seriously re-think their career choice - fast! :thumbdown: