Such a nasty Mika review!

Sarah_Lou

That was awful and if anything the comments posted below it were far worse. i think it was written and commetned on by people who think themselves so cool because they listen to crappy indie rock bands no one has heard of that all sound and look the same and never wash, wear clean clothes or smile. i stopped reading music reviews and buying music magazines when i was a teenager. i was never cool or could understand why it was fine to go for bands that were so drab and depressing yet something kitsch was always considered the lowest common denominator. I think these people should pull their heads out of their backsides and go and do something they are good at- like kicking puppies or something- because I bet thats the sort of people they are: weak nerdy wannabes with so much pent up anger they attack something harmless and fun! There are far worse crimes to the ears out there, but then again they are all so deaf from listening to guitars being ripped apart by greasy haired, monosyllabic, melancholic monkeys that I'm surprised they even managed to take notice of Mika- maybe it was the colours. Not enough washed out black and erm..black.

:blowup:

*takes deep breath* rant over- sorry!

Wowza. But I definitely agree with you on everything you said. The people that spat out that venom at Mika just don't like something that hasn't been done before the way Mika does it. Some people just don't like a little glitter in the system! :cool:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re:

'Wowza. But I definitely agree with you on everything you said. The people that spat out that venom at Mika just don't like something that hasn't been done before the way Mika does it. Some people just don't like a little glitter in the system! '

Isn't it what I have been hammering about over the past week or so, that people are not prepared to accept changes, they are afraid...it's the system that rots, but Mika will get the better of them! It might take time but then album will be fully understood and appreciated for what it is

I've just read this and if someone has to describe something with more than adjective the are just trying to fill space.

Obviously there have to be people who don`t like MIKA or we wouldn't be fans just part of the norm.

That journo has a job to do and you never know maybey his a MIKA fan but his job that particular day was to write up a cd and not like it. Take the comments with a pinch of salt and read the good reviews as we all know these are closer to the truth!

xx

Hi I'm new I'm 18 I'm French (from Corsica)!

I've just read this and Oh My God it was painful to read! How can people be so disrespectful? It's a shame!

A friend of mine doesn't like Mika at all, I've tried to make her like him but there is nothing I can do, so she doesn't like him and his music but at least she respects him! She doesn't care and I'm fine with that!

But what's wrong with the guy who wrote these awful words! He's such a hater!

I respect everybody's opinion, and taste (except when it comes to racism and really important matters) (and Paris hilton lol i hate her so much sorry for the one who are fans lol)! And I think this guy should do the same!

He can say that he loathe this album but he can say that the people who bought it and love it should be ashamed! HE should be ashamed!

critics are mean. i also saw some facebook and myspace groups that were like 'i hate mika, join this group if you hate mika too'.. so i joined the group for like 10 seconds and posted like random comments all over the group saying how stupid they are because if they had ears or eyes they would know that he is simply amazing. so i started calling it the helen keller group.

hey critics..

if you don't have anything nice to say,

DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.

critics are mean. i also saw some facebook and myspace groups that were like 'i hate mika, join this group if you hate mika too'.. so i joined the group for like 10 seconds and posted like random comments all over the group saying how stupid they are because if they had ears or eyes they would know that he is simply amazing. so i started calling it the helen keller group.

hey critics..

if you don't have anything nice to say,

DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.

I think the only reason why people say they hate Mika is because they are afraid of letting go themselves, because Mika is all about pushing the boundaries, ....:wink2:

Yeah, it's a nasty review. But my girl Madonna has had many, and she's still around.

Brian May is right. Talent always wins out.

Reviewers are only famous for saying nasty things.

Good point about Madonna :thumb_yello:

Artists who aren't afraid to do their own thing, despite the critics, usually do stick around, and she is a prime example.

Good point about Madonna :thumb_yello:

Artists who aren't afraid to do their own thing, despite the critics, usually do stick around, and she is a prime example.

AMEN they may not like his type of music but they should respect the talent!!

............................ wonder if he jumped ota the 15 story building yet!!!! ( cackle cackle)

It's the stuffy music market that has to change (Indie isn't everything)

I tell myself it is like with a new variety of crop:

:wink2: and Mika has only seeded for now, next step is the watering and then the harvest should be plentiful!:wink2:

I don't take much notice of reviews to be honest, I like to make my own mind up about stuff (books, programmes, CDs, bands etc etc).

I have watched stuff I really enjoyed and it's been slated (by a reviewer with indigestion and a dreadful credit card bill which is overdue? Ha, I dunno).

so ... I'm not ashamed that I bought the CD, I'm not ashamed that I play it lots (too much, in fact), I'm not ashamed to go and see the man play live (twice so far, and counting down the days to the next one!) and I'm certainly NOT ashamed to have met him, talked briefly to him and got photos with him!!

Hell, I'm not ashamed to say Quo were my favourite band for years!

I like what I like and anyone who doesn't like the same stuff as me, is free not to! It's a big enough world, there's a big enough choice. :thumb_yello: