meimei88

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"I will buy Marmite and bath in it, eat it and sleep with it "

Blimey, I'm a Marmite lover, but even I haven't tried that! :naughty:

.....or is this me getting my Mika obsession muddled up with my Marmite love?

If I had to choose between Mika, Marmite and a creme egg I wouldn't have to think twice.............

Now you're talking!

I'd like to know whether or not Mika actually likes Marmite himself. I guess that he does because it would be strange to compare his music to Marmite if he wasn't a Marmite lover.

I know that Mika's virtually perfect, but I suppose it's a bit too much to hope that he's vegetarian too.

My ideal bloke is tall, dark, skinny, intelligent and vegetarian, so I know that Mika's at least 80% perfect! :mf_lustslow:

(My husband fits 4/5 categories, so he scores pretty highly too)

What is marmite?

The main relevant thing about Marmite, beyond what it is, is that they apparently advertise themselves as evoking a "love it or hate it" reaction, like Mika's album. Not sure if you caught that already from context and from the website that was posted, Lisa! They must really have had an effect in their advertising becuase I see a lot of things referred to as Marmite when I read stories from the UK these days.

This probably sounds really weird to many people reading right now, but as an American, I find British popular culture utterly fascinating because of things like how love it or hate it is now equivalent with "Marmite". It's so quirky. I can't imagine a food product entering the vocabulary so strongly in the US to mean something non-food-related.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Surely you all have already seen the interview where Mika is asked about everyday objects. As they asked him about Marmite he said he hated it and had that funny disgusted expression in his face....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2zzaqqFkvI

Now I have seen the same thing with Patrick Wolf ....and he said he LOVED Marmite and consumes it in every possible way....

...similar thing about the teddy....

I think they'd make a perfect flat share - no arguing on 'Was it you who ate all the Marmite?!....' or ' have you taken my teddy again..?!' LOL :roftl: