Paloma, Fortune and Zuleika.

Lizzie

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughters are going to be Penni Valentine and Saoirse Lula, my son is going to be Alistair Maverick. :thumb_yello:

Oooh, I like the Valentine thing.

Reminds me of Faye Valentine.

My daughters are going to be Penni Valentine and Saoirse Lula, my son is going to be Alistair Maverick. :thumb_yello:

Wow so interesting names! My daughters going to have normals names: Anna, Julia (but in spanish pronounced: Hoo-ly-a), Emma, Fabricio, Mateo

I wanna have 5 kids :) like my family!

Wow so interesting names! My daughters going to have normals names: Anna, Julia (but in spanish pronounced: Hoo-ly-a), Emma, Fabricio, Mateo

I wanna have 5 kids :) like my family!

I love the name Emma. :) I was going to name my daughter that, but I have a friend who is pregnant and that is what she is naming her daughter, so it's off limits for me now.

I never tell any of my real life friends what I want to name my children just in case they have kids before me and decide to steal. :naughty:

I love the name Emma. :) I was going to name my daughter that, but I have a friend who is pregnant and that is what she is naming her daughter, so it's off limits for me now.

I never tell any of my real life friends what I want to name my children just in case they have kids before me and decide to steal. :naughty:

Hhahaa I tell with my friends about that many times and all wants the sames names so... the first in have a child will have luck cuz obviusly she'll put this name to her baby. :P

How are their names pronounced? I know how to pronounce Paloma and Yasmine, but is Zuleika pronounced like Zoo-lay-ka, and Fortune like For-tune-ay? Not that I'm ever going to need to speak their name, but I'm curious. :naughty:

When Mika says her name he pronounces it as yz-meen.

Not sure about Zuleika but Fortune has the accent over the e so it would be as you've written it.

As he would have been born either just before they left Paris or just after their arrival in London that fact that his name means luck in French would suggest that he was born just as their luck changed after the financial mess they had been in during his Fathers time in Kuwait.

In an interview I watched recently, he said that his dad wanted to call him Michael, but his mum didn't like the whole junior thing so he is called Mica. Wouldn't like to try calling him Michael, he may get a bit tetchy about it.

:lmfao: His birth name is Michael, even though he's been called Mica his entire life. I think it's cute.

I was watching this interview the other day (actually, it's this one http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=u2S87OrlTJw at 2:00min) where he pronounces Michael in a really different way and I just :wub2: how his accent goes :)

With the same accent as he uses for Yasmine he said the name Michael as Mee-kay-ell.

He specifically said that his Mother said "over my dead body" about him being named Michael after his father so the natural progression was Michael....Mee-Kay-ell...Mica. Horses mouth kids! :naughty:

i never noticed that Fortuné (four- tune- é), Paloma (which is a very common name in spanish) and Zuleika (zoo-lay-ka), had done background vocal in LICM!!:blink: , i just grabed the cd case and checked it out, omg!, i knew zuleika sang in a gig, and that fortuné liked to sing too...but never thought they've done vocals

i'm a terrible fan!!

He specifically said that his Mother said "over my dead body" about him being named Michael after his father so the natural progression was Michael....Mee-Kay-ell...Mica. Horses mouth kids! :naughty:

Yes, but a lot of his songs are legally registered under the name "Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr." So maybe his name is pronounced Mee-kay-ell, but it's "Michael." :)

haha yes, I always thought the french form of Michael was Michel...

In Lebanon actually it's written Mika'il , but pronounced the same way Mika says his own name... (Mee-kay-ell)

My name...well, today Celeste ('sky blue' in spanish :naughty: ) asked me what does it mean. I don't know for sure, but it's really common here, it's like Mary or Kelly or those american names you all know.

And my sons or daughters...they're gonna be called Zahira, Mika (guess why? :naughty: )...and I'm still thinking if I want more than 2. When I have my Mika, there'll be no son like him, hehe....

Looks like everyone answered your question lol

I can tell you about my experiences with The Pennimans :blush-anim-cl:

Well first, I've never done anything but wave because I feel like they're royalty lol. Na, but seriously they are very down to earth, smiley people.

One of my fondest memories took place after the Chicago gig in June. I instantly recognized Yazmine when she came out of the venue. BIG SMILE on her face...She went back and forth from the car, and had a camera around her neck. I thought about what it meant to his family, seeing him perform in my city for the first time. I felt special knowing that they thought that much of it, to want to remember the night through pictures. Than I saw her take the sign off the door that read something like, "Mika at the Metro 6/11/07"

I assume it was for her (and the family's memories) Thats when I realized our similarities to wanting to keep the sentimental stuff:bleh:

His mother was wearing a blue dress and she was very happy! I thought it was funny that she got into a cab and was waiting and waiting for Mika to come out already...All she did was smile and talk to the driver. Can you imagine that conversation: " Hi mam, how are you? Oh fine, fine...My son just played his first Chicago gig.:blush-anim-cl: "

I can't stress how incredibly proud they looked. I remember her looking at me, and I just smiled. Sort of a little wink to her that I indeed knew who she was. And you know, I could feel her appreciation in her smile back at me.

Well, the next time I saw his family was in NYC...and it seemed like there were a dozen there in the GMA studio that day! Pennimans as far as the eye could see. His mom and Yazmine stood out to me first, and then I saw his youngest sister. She has a genuine wide eyed happiness that Mika has. She was super tall, his height even. Stunningly pretty and very modest.

At the surprise gig later, My sister called me from the bar and said she was a foot away from his family. My heart dropped, but I couldn't lose my place in the mosh pit. Than when I went to her after the performance, (my sis) She pointed to his brother...Who I had never seen before until than. He too, had a camera around his neck and was dressed very laid back...HE didn't have the dark lebanese features that mika has now, but rather looks so similar to how Mika looked in that opera he played in as a little boy. But, Fortune is TALL! I turned around and smiled at him and he seemed to get a little shy but still smiled back. I looked and there was a crowd around his youngest sister, just talking up a storm with her. I didn't want to go to them, because I felt like it would have been invasive.

But now that I think about it, there would have been no problem at all. They operate as a completely normal family that love meeting new people. Why should this end because Mika is "famous"? If anything, they create conversation with the people around them and open their arms to his fans.

Thus that's all I can say: They're amazingly sweet, humble people...proud of Mika and interested in capturing his memories.

I really really really wanna know what Zuleika looks like...does anyone have a picture or something? Or can you atleast describe her features and all?

This was in the pics section so I'm not promoting paparazzi-ism :roftl:

1_KAYNE-WEST-PRIVATE-GIG_535670.jpg

That's his youngest sister. I'm honestly confused on what to call her lol I've heard Allegra Zuleika...Zuleika Allegra... But anyways, she's just gorgeous! AND SOOOOO TALL IN PERSON

This was in the pics section so I'm not promoting paparazzi-ism :roftl:

1_KAYNE-WEST-PRIVATE-GIG_535670.jpg

That's his youngest sister. I'm honestly confused on what to call her lol I've heard Allegra Zuleika...Zuleika Allegra... But anyways, she's just gorgeous! AND SOOOOO TALL IN PERSON

Ahh,so she is Allegra!! I have that pic. but he have so many sisters that i dont know who is whoooo!!! XDD,anyway,shes pretty :3

omg thanks soooo much!! she's like a mini copy of Yasmine!!!!! She looks sooo much like her but nothing like Mika I must say...but...she's truly pretty! And with jet-black hair....is Mika the only one in the family with hazel-brown hair and eyes? Everyone else seems to have black hair...though I think I've seen a picture of Yasmine with blue eyes..

omg thanks soooo much!! she's like a mini copy of Yasmine!!!!! She looks sooo much like her but nothing like Mika I must say...but...she's truly pretty!

Well, they both have similar eyes...she and mika...The hair is definatley Yazmine's. The height is MIKA... Also, sometimes she smiles like Mika:blush-anim-cl: I was in a room with her for an hour lol...that's how I know.

omg thanks soooo much!! she's like a mini copy of Yasmine!!!!! She looks sooo much like her but nothing like Mika I must say...but...she's truly pretty! And with jet-black hair....is Mika the only one in the family with hazel-brown hair and eyes? Everyone else seems to have black hair...though I think I've seen a picture of Yasmine with blue eyes..

Well, Fortune has very light features... I can't remember him to much...as you can imagine, I was quite fixated with his big brother:naughty:

:naughty: So true!:thumb_yello::naughty:

They may have quite similar eyes..but Zuleika's are just a bit larger....wow..she really should be a model!!!

And I have to say this again...she looks ALOT like Yasmine!!!

Has anyone seen Paloma then? Does she look just like her sisters as well?

She is just SO gorgeous!! And so tall! Yet she may be wearing heels...and I think I'm about that tall with heels as well...but that aside...omg she's pretty! And I'm still sticking to what I said earlier...she's a COPY of yasmine...not much similarities to Mika, I must say...

And boy was she NERVOUS! how cute!!!:blush-anim-cl: