Getting To Know You

FREDDIESDOUBLE

just some add on info lol (cuz i feel like it :naughty: )...

The year after Final Fantasy X came out I played it myself. I took a look at the DVD that came with it and listened to the theme song "Suteki Da Ne". I was taken by it, searched the lyrics on the internet and learned it. After this, I discovered other Final Fantasy theme songs, and learned the japanese version to "melodies of life" from FF9. After a while I heard no more until the sequal to FFX was released. This game had two theme songs: a funky one, and a ballad by the extremely popular Koda Kumi (it was these songs that truly marked her on the map). Another friend of mine was also into J-Pop and sent me songs by a group called Morning Musume, who I am still a fan of until this day. Skip a few years and I discover YouTube when it first came on the net. This site gave me an insight to other J-Pop artists and I'm now a huge J-Pop fan. Because of Japanese music I have also learned a small amount of Japanese.

My friend also discovered a Swedish song "Hall Om Mig Nu" which, with difficulty lol, learned the words to.

I also randomly searched disney on youtube for some reason, and discovered many songs in many different languages, one being the italian version "i wont say im in love" from Hercules (which I found very appropriate since I am quater Italian) and in doing so learned more about myself: I am eager to learn about different cultures and love singing foreign songs much more than I do singing in my own language. As a dare from the Girls Thread, I learned "Aux Champs Elysées" which is French.

If anyone wants to share with me their cultures music I'll be more than happy to hear it! The more I know the better :thumb_yello::punk:

Oh, I found about Mika through two friends in February. I think I was googling his lyrics where I came across this site as there was a debate about certain lyrics to certain songs. I signed up, and have been addicted to Mika AND this forum since! I also took part in his MySpace competition and WON! (hahah sorry had to add....)

I spent an hour reading about people when I should have been helping my mother clean....I just love reading about people's lives! Thanks for sharing, everyone! :biggrin2:

I guess I'm obligated now to share a bit about myself as well. I'm Jackie, and I'm 17 years old and I live in a suburb of New York City. It isn't a bad place to live, since I'm a 45 minute train ride from Manhattan and there is loads to do in the area. Since I'm 17, I'm a (soon-to-be) senior in high school, which means that I'll be taking lots of AP classes next year and applying to many, many colleges and universities. I'm a huge nerd (I'm captain of my school's debate team...I'm the supreme nerd), and I'd like to go into publishing or editing when I get older. I'm highly active in certain political activities and civil liberties causes. I love my friends, and we're all very close. In my (limited) free time (too much schoolwork to have lots of it) I enjoy hanging out with my friends, going to the mall, driving around aimlessly, spending time with my brother and sister, going to the beach (another perk to where I live), and traveling. I plan on living in London one day, as I fell in love with the city when I visited with my family last spring.

Wow. I said I would talk about myself, and I certainly did. Sorry!:shocked:

Okay, I guess it's about time for me to introduce myself after so many months:naughty:

I'm Asun from Madrid (sunny, hot Spain).I'm 32 and I love music. My life is not that interesting: I still live with my folks (I know it sounds weird, but we have this HUGE problem with housing prices and really low salaries in Spain, so most young people have no alternative). I'm an archaeologist and I work as a director of digs and researches around Spain. I'm also studying for a public competiton for a post as a curator in any public museum, but that is hard and I've tried twice so far... Next exam will be after the summer, so no holidays for me this year:thumbdown: Anyway, I'm also thinking of becoming an official translator Arabic and English into Spanish,I'll be making the examination next term (fingers crossed!).

Music is my life: ever since I can remember I've been listening to it. My father is a music lover and he tought me how to become one myself: when I was a baby he used to play me his Lp's of Vivaldi, Mahler, Bach, The Beatles, Ravi Shankar and lots more. So no wonder music is a very important part of my life.

I love to travel and learn from the others as much as I can. I adore Arab countries especially, I guess because I feel at home there, we have so much in comon with them in Spain! Unfortunately I can't afford to travel much these months, I must save as much as I can to buy my own flat with my boyfriend. He's name is Rodrigo and he works with me (he's also an archaeologist). We've been together for ages, so I think It's time to move together at last!

What else? I like writing letters, and I do have pals all over the world:biggrin2: I think that's also part of wanting to learn about other cultures and people. And of wanting to make new friends all the time. This is the first time I take part in a forum though, and I'm making lots of friends here, so Mika makes me extra happy for this too!!!:roftl:

I think this is about all for now, I don't want to scare you right from my first post in this thread!!

Fred, great idea, I think I'm gonna love this thread:thumb_yello: Thanks a lot!

:blink: maybe it's a bit late...never seen this thread before...so i think i have to tell you something about my boooring life!

my name is jenny and i'm 20.i live in a veeeeery small town in the north of italy! i'm currently at my first year of university, major in international development! (it's exams period :thumbdown: ) i love listening to music, watching movies and i play handball. it's not a common sport in italy :thumbdown: i love going out with my friends too and travelling: i hope i'll be able to travel a lot after uni! it should be part of my future job, so let's keep fingers crossed! :blush-anim-cl: what else? oh yes, first time i heard mika was on radio and it was grace kelly. i think it was the beginning of march and i immediately fell in love with the song! so i googled the lyrics...and now i'm completely mika addicted!!! :wub2:

first off, it's great to read all about all you great folks! took ages to read through it all, but definitely worthwhile!

i'm julia and i've called tulcea, romania home all my life. i'm 18 and struggling to make sense of myself and what i want to do with my life, but hey! i have a full 3 months of vacation to work it out:biggrin2: school is understandably my main occupation for the moment:biggrin2:

i generally describe myself as a renaissance girl, because i'm interested in waaaay too many things and i've also got a certain knack for a lot of very different things, but nothing really stands out which is why i'm having such a hard time figuring out what college to go to. animals and nature( i have two kitties by the way), astronomy, science and research, drawing, painting and photography(i am considering becoming an architect), programming and computer graphics are just a few of the fields that interest me.

i have been a girl scout for some time now and it really fits me perfectly because i love outdoor activities and i can't turn down a good challenge. i'm also quite sporty, i love basketball and volleyball and tennis, although i suck at it:bleh:

Music is such a vital part of who i am. my guitar is the most cherrished thing i own and i'm gonna buy a new keyboard or upright piano soon*jumps up and down* as everybody else, i like to think that i have great taste in music, but i know i can't be that far off , as i listen to a lot of the great classics, fact which i owe to my dad for the most part

so as not to bore you too much, here's some stuff in brief;):

maker of the greatest chocolate-chip cookies in the world, tinned sweet corn and pistachio addict, eligible for the most socially-challenged person and the worst voice ever, beer hater, motorcycle-maniac,fast talker, puppy eyes master, bad hair hall of fame-er, seashells, dried up flowers and stone collector, accent fanatic, dance retard, perfectionist and idealist, forerever kid at heart, lover of fairytales, stargazer and professional daydreamer.............

Asun, we have house price difficulties in England too, you're not the only country LOL. they're way too high, and in about twenty years time, house prices will approximately be ten times more than the average salary.

Bad, huh?

Maybe I should just marry someone rich LOL

*JOKE*

"i generally describe myself as a renaissance girl, because i'm interested in waaaay too many things and i've also got a certain knack for a lot of very different things, but nothing really stands out which is why i'm having such a hard time figuring out what college to go to."

same here. I like such a variety of things I've got no idea what to take on career wise! If you read my lifestory you'd see LOL

hi :biggrin2: i have been here a while but never really introduced myself so here goes.

My name is denise and i am a hairdresser from hertfordshire. My father is hungarian, my mother is english and i have been married to gary for 9 years.

I sound like someone on a game show lol. :roftl:

I like to try new places for holidays and have been to some really great countries. the best so far being australia last year (my brother got married out there) we could see ourselves living there.

that's all i can think of for now lol

freddie. have you always lived in sunderland? i have family not far from there

hi :biggrin2: i have been here a while but never really introduced myself so here goes.

My name is denise and i am a hairdresser from hertfordshire. My father is hungarian, my mother is english and i have been married to gary for 9 years.

I sound like someone on a game show lol. :roftl:

I like to try new places for holidays and have been to some really great countries. the best so far being australia last year (my brother got married out there) we could see ourselves living there.

that's all i can think of for now lol

freddie. have you always lived in sunderland? i have family not far from there

Hello:thumb_yello:

Thanks for the introduction , yes born always lived here :thumb_yello:

I still live with my folks (I know it sounds weird, but we have this HUGE problem with housing prices and really low salaries in Spain, so most young people have no alternative).

Oh, I hear ya... we have the exact same problem in here:thumbdown: especially my region... Like the last 5-8 years the prices have been through the roof!! Nowadays, you pay the same amount of money, for a veeerryyy small, attached, 1 bedroom house somewhere around town, as you did like 7 years ago for a huge villa with a pool:thumbdown: go figures....:boxed:

yep, you're a very talented girl indeed

at least you know you're meant to do something artistic though:wink2:

LOL! thankyou.

BUT.

Singing: far too intimidated to do anything with it.

Dancing: my sister is a dancer. I would love to dance but I could not dance the same routine EVERY night for WEEKS on end. It would bore me.

Acting: Hmm, maybe?

Drawing: Screw that rofl! i cannot draw the same character twice, and don't have enough talent to recreate nature on a canvas or to use fancy paints, charcoal and other shizz LOL.

LOL! thankyou.

BUT.

Singing: far too intimidated to do anything with it.

Dancing: my sister is a dancer. I would love to dance but I could not dance the same routine EVERY night for WEEKS on end. It would bore me.

Acting: Hmm, maybe?

Drawing: Screw that rofl! i cannot draw the same character twice, and don't have enough talent to recreate nature on a canvas or to use fancy paints, charcoal and other shizz LOL.

well, sounds like acting is the one for you:thumb_yello: though you never know...i would recommend going with your heart...i know loads of people who have got into jobs that pay well and all that but are rather miserable and still regret not doing the thing they really loved

well, sounds like acting is the one for you:thumb_yello: though you never know...i would recommend going with your heart...i know loads of people who have got into jobs that pay well and all that but are rather miserable and still regret not doing the thing they really loved

Yeh true words :thumb_yello:

Any more newbies:biggrin2:

• 3 weeks later...

yeah im a newbie

my name is Amy and i come from sunny Southampton (well... its called that but never lives up to its name lol) which is on the south coast of England. Im 16 years old and have just finished my GCSE exams and have now officially left school and in september im going to college to study Graphics, Fine Art, Media Studies, Film Studies and Photography.

in my spare time i like to draw pictures, write poems and stories, listen to music (mostly Mika:thumb_yello: ), playing hockey and netball and basically doing any kind of sport but most of all i love football!! I've been a massive liverpool fan since i was about 7 (i think im obsessed with them!) and i always go and watch my local team Southampton FC play which i find pretty cool :cool: . i absolutely adore animals and at the moment i have a Hamster, a bird and two guinea pigs. One day i want to own a snake but my parents wont let me whilst im still living with them lol

erm... that'll do for now i think you get the jist :bleh:

yeah im a newbie

my name is Amy and i come from sunny Southampton (well... its called that but never lives up to its name lol) which is on the south coast of England. Im 16 years old and have just finished my GCSE exams and have now officially left school and in september im going to college to study Graphics, Fine Art, Media Studies, Film Studies and Photography.

in my spare time i like to draw pictures, write poems and stories, listen to music (mostly Mika:thumb_yello: ), playing hockey and netball and basically doing any kind of sport but most of all i love football!! I've been a massive liverpool fan since i was about 7 (i think im obsessed with them!) and i always go and watch my local team Southampton FC play which i find pretty cool :cool: . i absolutely adore animals and at the moment i have a Hamster, a bird and two guinea pigs. One day i want to own a snake but my parents wont let me whilst im still living with them lol

erm... that'll do for now i think you get the jist :bleh:

FAB :biggrin2:

Thanks for the introduction :thumb_yello:

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I could introduce myself. :)

My real name is actually Kim, Dewi is my middle name. I prefer Dewi, though, so let's just call me that!

So! I'm Dewi, 17 years old (but my birthday is August 12 so I'll be 18 soon) and I live in a tiny village in the Netherlands. I just finished high school and will go to uni in september where I'll be studying American Studies! But until then I'm working in a bakery where I clean, pack cookies and help out in the shop.

I'm a huge music fan, I really love discovering new artists. I'll listen to anything, really. I love to dance, sing (but only in the shower!) and I loooove clothes. And color. I went through a phase where I refused to wear any color 'cause I was afraid I couldn't pull it off, but now I tend to look like a camp Christmas tree most of the time.:biggrin2:

I love dogs, I have a dog named Kira and she'd really sweet! I'm allergic to cats, though, which sucks because I do like cats. My favorite color is yellow, but I love green and orange as well. And pink! I'm hopelessly in love with Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry, they pretty much own my soul - A Bit Of Fry and Laurie FTW! I also love other British comedy shows like The Office, Are You Being Served? and 'Allo 'Allo.

Oh...and I have a strange fondness of stuffed animals.

And I'm random.:thumb_yello:

I am a newbie and also named Kim. I am not quite 17 years old, add about 31 to that and there you go. I am from a small town in Oregon, in the US , called Depoe Bay. I live on the west coast about a block from the ocean. I love it here. I am a single mom with a 22-year-old daughter. I love movies, all kinds, books, all kinds, and music, you guessed it, all kinds. I have BA in Liberal Studies, with a minor in Sociology/Anthropology and a minor in Psychology. I took care of my mother for 5 years before she past away. I now run a gift shop. I have no idea when Mika is going to have a tour in the US again but when he does I will be first in line. The concerts look like they would be tremendous fun along with me being able to see my favorite singer.

I am a newbie and also named Kim. I am not quite 17 years old, add about 31 to that and there you go. I am from a small town in Oregon, in the US , called Depoe Bay. I live on the west coast about a block from the ocean. I love it here. I am a single mom with a 22-year-old daughter. I love movies, all kinds, books, all kinds, and music, you guessed it, all kinds. I have BA in Liberal Studies, with a minor in Sociology/Anthropology and a minor in Psychology. I took care of my mother for 5 years before she past away. I now run a gift shop. I have no idea when Mika is going to have a tour in the US again but when he does I will be first in line. The concerts look like they would be tremendous fun along with me being able to see my favorite singer.

Nice introduction I know Oregan very well :thumb_yello:

I worked in Portland OR for 7 years .. on and off :biggrin2: