Getting To Know You

FREDDIESDOUBLE

Freddies Double you have a fab job, how do you find time to spend in the forum, would be duller place without your threads! I am 29, have two kids who love:starwars: I am married and training to be a teacher, live near Horsham West Sussex, Love Queen but like freddies double I am gutted and sad to say i didnt see him in 85 or 86, was too young and not allowed to go! Loved Tony Vincent in we will rock you, his voice brought tears to my eyes. Claim to greatness (or not)....When I met brian may i really embarrassingly told him that I loved him, which is kind of true but not a very cool thing to say. I love ice skating and concerts and music but am tied to the kids most of the time as their servant. They are (at only 4 and 6)loving MIka , I already have they loving Queen. Cant wait til they are old enough to accompany me to gigs, in the short space of time before it becomes to uncool to go with yo mamma! Nice to read about everone:mfr_lol:

Hoya! , thanks , yeh my job is great , its goes between massive work and steady work(now) , so I have time to play ... :sneaky2:

Also Mr Mika desereves all this attention , the album has really really blown me away :cool:

Nice to see you posting so much , we have a good thing going on

Brian I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee you :blush-anim-cl::mf_lustslow:

Ok, I'll try to introduce myself too, although I'm not very good at this.

I'm 17 years old, from Estonia. I live in a very crappy place, where you can die in boredom:thumbdown: I study in high school and if it'll be finally over I'll cry of happiness. Mostly I guess I'm a happy person who does some grazy things sometimes:insane:

Let's make a little list of what I like:

*MIKA:wub2:

*cats

*winter

*chocolate...I'm a terrible addict, don't even want to think about how much I've eaten it today

*music

*England/London...Woo hoo! On 5th or 6th July I'll be visiting London for the first time! I'm waiting it so badly:thumb_yello:

*films and acting...Fortunately I go to a school where we have acting lessons...I just love the feeling when all eyes are on me and I can be on a stage:blush-anim-cl:

I don't like:

*too hot summer days

*ketchup and tomato juice:puke:

*spiders are freaky too

I don't want to bore you anymore. Got carried away a little:bleh:

Hey not boring at all! , very very intersting , I dont know anything about Estonia at all! , it cant be that boring???? , you will love England , maybe very hot in July!!! :cool:

Oh yes, it can be boring. It is. Tallinn is the capital city and the only one which can be called "a city". Considering that I live in a little village I'm like cut off from the big world. And the winters are cold too. Lately we had almost -30'C:blink:

I know I'll love England, I already do:bleh:

I live in a very crappy place, where you can die in boredom:thumbdown: I study in high school and if it'll be finally over I'll cry of happiness.

uh, me too:thumbdown:

mmm, well, I'm 17, I live in Costa Rica in a very small town with very closed-minded and ignorant people :thumbdown: I'm on my last year of school and when I'm done I'm going to live in the capital of my country :thumb_yello:

I love music, I can't, I just can't live a day without it...I sing, and my biggest goal is to get a record deal and sing jazz/r&b/pop/electronica/blues/rock:roftl:

I also like to take pictures! Photography is my 2nd passion PHOTOS!

Chocolate is my weakness, I love it, Cadbury and Nestle with almonds and nuts!

My fav movies are: Monster and The Hours

I'm going to London next year! I'm dying to go, but my parents never gave me permission until now (because I'm going all by myself).

I hate war, discrimination, homophobics, xenophobia....

Other things I love:

animals

fashion

technology

art

And right now what I love the most is:::::::: :wub2: MIKA :wub2:

i dont really have much info on anything on my myspace, bebo or facebook (which my friends insisted i needed) so ill say:

im Lauren, 18 from carlisle. Currently in newcastle at northumbria uni studying film and television studies [note: alot my friends call this a 'pointless' degree, its harder than it appears].... urm. i am into all types of music, indies my fav - The Killers being my favourite band on the planet. Also love Snow Patrol, Kasabian, Fratellis, Klaxons, James Morrison,Paolo Nutini, Drty Pretty Things and many more including someone who goes by the name of Mika (not sure if youve heard of him,hehe). i try to go to many a gig as i can, thats what student loans are for right! and thats all the intro i can think of.

My username is my actual name- well its Andrew but Andy if you know me. i'm 30 in April (eek!), I'm a library assistant in Caerleon and St Julians in Newport, South Wales but live not far from Chepstow, at the moment. My partner Nick and i will be moving to Cardiff after my birthday hopefully if all goes well. I need a new job actually as branch libraries are either really quiet and dull with nothing do or stupidly stressful filled with obnoxious chavvy kids causing bother and treating the staff like poo! (can you tell what kind of day I've had?!)

I aspire to be a novelist and so in my spare time I'm clattering away at my keyboard- often writing but more often than not trawling through this bulletin board and the one on the rufus wainwright official website. Before Rufus I was never into music as such. i listened to the radio and owned a few cds but never really went through that whole teenage crush/obsession thing- now it seems i'm catching up with that! I've seen rufus 3 times and his sister martha only the once but still she was awesome in barfly in cardiff. I don't like concerts with crowds of people all moshing about as i get really freaked out by the sheer volume of people so intimate gigs like the rufus ones where everyone is seated suits me! Going to London for my 30th to see Phantom of the opera- as you do- and also to catch up with some old mates from uni.

Currently in newcastle at northumbria uni studying film and television studies [note: alot my friends call this a 'pointless' degree, its harder than it appears.

I did film and tv studies with creative writing at Bolton, what seems like centuries ago (graduated 1999) and I agree with lozwinter that it is hard....... Although not to discourage you, i wish i could think what to do with my degree!

LIKES: old films with bette davis, audrey hepburn, carrey grant, jimmy stewart. Universal monster pictures especially bride of frankenstein.

Adore reading- sometimes i wish i could stop time and just read everything and not worry about eating, going to work etc! So many books so little time.

I love the Addams family and the world of charles addams, in fact i love anything quirky and different and often slightly macabre.

Enjoys being grumpy- but am not a grumpy person as such. I make Mary Poppins look like Rose West.

I like new obsessions: Mika, opera(!) the work of edward gorey etc etc!

DISLIKES: far too many to mention all of them- a few though: Inconsiderate and rude people, the music of Phil Collins, U2 and simply red- ugh! Hangovers, working til all hours for a pittance.........

I think I've gone on too much... never mind! :naughty:

I aspire to be a novelist and so in my spare time I'm clattering away at my keyboard- often writing but more often than not trawling through this bulletin board and the one on the rufus wainwright official website. ! :naughty:

Oh yeah, then we have something similar. I'm working on my very own and very first novel too:wink2:

Oh yeah, then we have something similar. I'm working on my very own and very first novel too:wink2:

I'm quite a lazy doubting thomas of a novelist- writing and then going back and destroying everything and starting again. i don't know about you but i find i get stuck easily so end up writing a short story or two to keep my creativity flowing. The thing i've been working on for about 16 months is a kids novel- sometimes its great sometmes i hate it!

well how rude ..I've been here ages(or so it seems) and said nowt about meself :naughty:

I'm Liz, a 40 +*cough* single mum(one daughter, nearly 10) living just south of manchester.

A lot of you know me from the Scissor Sisters boards where I have generally been making a nuisance of myself for about 3 years :thumb_yello:

My user name is a song by Muse (that and the avatar should give you a clue ) I am utterly obsessed by that band ..love them to bits! But then again I love music in general ,especially live music and am always open to try out new stuff, hence finding the lovely Mr. Mika! Other favourite bands include The Divine Comedy, Luxembourg, Editors,the Smiths you name it I've probably seen them !

I've just finished 5+ years of hard slog with the OU and gained a Bachelor of Science ..which I eventually want to turn into a post grad. degree hopefully studying learning disabilites (providing I get the funding)

The last few years I've also worked as a maths tutor and employment advisor/advocate for people with disabilities and the long term unemployed.

Other things I love ..er ..wine,horses ...Manchester United, cooking .. DIY and gardening ..yeah yeah laff at the old homebody :bleh:

I also love TV especially old movies from the 40's /50's and I do a lot of travelling ..mainly to gigs, but calling in and seeing friends along the way!

For exaample we once drove from NYC to Montreal for one night ..for one gig ...dedicated ..you bet!

Anything else check out my myspazz ..and please add me :)

I'll shut up now! :blink:

I'm quite a lazy doubting thomas of a novelist- writing and then going back and destroying everything and starting again. i don't know about you but i find i get stuck easily so end up writing a short story or two to keep my creativity flowing. The thing i've been working on for about 16 months is a kids novel- sometimes its great sometmes i hate it!

I started writing it about two years ago, then hated it and now I'm starting to like it again. Oh, I have felt many times that I've only writed crap, but on the better days I get all excited again:naughty: It's going to be something about love, but I want to make it without "a happy ending".

I am really enjoying this thread!!

It's funny how you can make assumptions about people (about their age, interests , background etc) and then realise that you're completely wrong!

Come on the rest of you. Lets find out what it takes to be a Mika Maniac!

:naughty: