Getting To Know You

FREDDIESDOUBLE

I am married and training to be a teacher, live near Horsham West Sussex, Love Queen but like freddies double I am gutted and sad to say i didnt see him in 85 or 86, was too young and not allowed to go! Loved Tony Vincent in we will rock you, his voice brought tears to my eyes. Claim to greatness (or not)....When I met brian may i really embarrassingly told him that I loved him, which is kind of true but not a very cool thing to say.

Nice to meet you Jengafer. Glad to meet another fellow Queen fan. Agree Tony Vincent was great in WWRY, but he was even better in the Vegas production... he was actually FUNNY in that, probably because he was bouncing off fellow Americans.

Where did you meet BM? (permissible to melt at the knees)

I didn't see Queen when they were touring for various reasons, though had a lot of the records - first saw in flesh at '92 FM Tribute Concert.

Have to day I really enjoyed hearing Mika sing a snatch of Killer Queen on Tarata. I'd looked forward to hearing what he might sound like on a Frddie song, given all the comparisons. Mika even sounds a bit like Roger Taylor (of Queen) in Grace Kelly "but her looks were too sad" - (there's a Fred-like "Hey" in there too if I recall the right song) and the end guitar riff just-SO Brian May!! I wonder if that was accidental?

Good luck with your teacher training and say hi to your young family.

CW.

Your so right , Im trying hard to not associate Freddie with Mika , but the likeness is unreal , I watched the Radio 2 show last night and it was scary , the voice of Mika is amazing , I cant get over it!!!!

But .............. Mika does have his own identity and that can only be a good thing.

:thumb_yello:

Hi Cautionary Wife

I would love to hear Mika sing Queen Did you actually hear him? I wonder if it is on the net somewhere?

I saw Brian May at 3 venues and met him after one of his shows in the BIC. My parents (who were picking me up) reported me+best m8 missing to the police as they did not think to check for me at the stage door, and it was a long wait and it was not like i could just give up when i knew he was coming out to see us!!! Felt v bad, but my fab parents understood! Wish I had said something more meaningful, Anita D was with him too, i got his autograpgh though, so must have had some sense about me!

In Grace Kelly there is def a freddie"...satisfy yourself, Hey". I rem Brain saying(on video) that Fred used to get bored in his guitar solo's (that had a tendancy to go on and on... love it!) and that's why he did all those heys and woohoo and yeah etc....what a sweetie his was and now what a sweetie Mika is, so pleased to have new 'real' singer to swoon over.

The gravelness yet pureness of the ".........looks so sad" line, is maybe what you would get if you took Rog and Fred and mixed them up together. Love Roger, His concert was fabulous , so amazing to see him as lead vocalist he really exceeded all my expectations.

As for Tony Vincent! When i saw it he was really funny and gorgeous and the woman who played(i forget her name, but THE GIRL)was really funny too. All the songs were so wow, love the soundtrack, but do feel bit of a traitor if i listen to it too much! Must be Brians doing!

In the BB2 interview , where Mika played a long set, he had a load of moves that looked like Freds, but are yet to be fully utilised!! They def come from within though, he is no copycat and that is what makes him and fred similar. Cant wait for live show.

I think Grace Kelly is similar to Queen in the way it bulids up , then goes all quiet and changes tempo, not just one repetitive sound throughout. I think that Queen and Mika are just all musical genius's. Born with the potential to be innovative and very focused minds. Fred and Mika both seem to have had troubles in the childhood and maybe that helped their minds be opened up to all this creativity?

Sorry I have gone on a bit!! lol :original:

Did anyone see Queen and Paul Rogers, what did you think? There were a load of Paul Rogers fans loving him so he is clearly adored but I just did not feel he filled the shoes of Fred, but good on him for having a go, he prob did better than most could have! I loved the show anyway, always great to be in the same room as Brian and Rog! And when Paul did one of his songs it was a good time for a toliet break! To be fair to him as now i feel a bit of a cow, i had not really heard any of his stuff before, i only recognised one of his songs, but i have forgotton what it was now...

If anyone has ever read Brian May's Website and read Vicki's World, please let me know. I went to school with her and she was a close friend of mine from the age of 7.

I know Paul Roger's will have had loads of negative things said about him trying to fill Freddie's shoes. However, Roger Taylor and Brian May wouldn't have gone ahead and let him sing with them if they thought that Freddie wouldn't approve. I agree though, he's not Freddie. But good on him for putting up with the media attention and giving it his best shot.

Now maybe I should give you all a brief blurb about me....??

I had a look Vickys world..very sorry for you and for her to go through all that, too much to read in one go though. I havent been following her story.

Totally agree about Paul Rogers, respect Bri and Rog, which is why I went, wouldnt have missed:thumb_yello: I suppose he wasnt really filling Freds shoes many of the songs were his own and he was clearly adored as I said.. it was a spot the paul or Queen fan night! Was fab atmosphere, all good. It was afterall Queen and Paul Rogers...lol

ok then, here goes....

Well I'm Charlotte (surprise surprise), I'm 17 and currently doing AS levels in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths. I'm hoping to go to university in 2008 to study Physics or Optometry or perhaps both...not sure yet.

I love music, especially classic rock, although pop music is currently going up in my estimations. I used to play the violin and piano but have had to stop due to joint problems. These joint problems also meant I had to give up rowing. I enjoy skiing although I'm not meant to do any form of strenuous exercise which could damage my joints :thumbdown:

I love VW camper vans and I collect campervan money boxes. One day I would love to travel the world. My favourite place that I have visited so far has to be Rome. Such an amazing city! I enjoy photography and capturing special moments on camera. I also enjoy reading and writing although my creative writing skills leave a lot to be desired!

The next exciting thing happening in my (boring) life is that I'm going to see Mika in Birmingham next Friday!!!! I can't wait!!! :roftl:

Charlotte, brainy and talented, good luck with all you AS levels and degree, my advice ...choose a degree that has a clear path you can follow after, or have a plan in mind, there are so many people who are clever, do a non specific degree, then feel rather lost for a while, when they are out i the work world!

I used to have a VW van travelled SCOTLAND in it!!!!

Fab memories lol

Hi Jengafer

Well I did want to do optometry and become an optician, but then thought 'what if i get bored of it? and do i want to spend 40 years doing the same thing?' So i thought about doing physics first and then doing optometry after that. I can then be an optician and if I want a break, I'll have another degree to help me do something else!

My Dad used to have a VW. It was orange and then we painted it green. I remember going on holiday to Devon in it a few times. But then he sold it when I was 10 as it needed a lot of work done to it. I don't think I'll ever forgive him for selling it!

Hello everyone! Well where shall I start?

My name is Jemmalee and I'm a Mikaholic! You can call me Jemma (or words to that effect that include jem, jemski and Oi You though if you like).

I'm 28 years old and live in sunny Essex (which is actually very nice and not that chavy) and I teach hairdressing for a living. It's actually VERY hard work and instead of working in a college I travel around salon's and teach on an individual basis but I won't bore you with that!

As you can probably imagine I love fashion even though I would say that I'm more of an individual than complete fashion follower (most shops are sizest!). I love chocolate and Bailey's (too much!) but really do not enjoy exercise unless you include dancing like a loon! (not a good combination).

I come from a big family, have middle child syndrome and will talk to anyone if they look like a nice friendly person (but this has been known to get me into trouble).

I'm a Taurus so I'm extremely stubborn and I hold grudges (cross me and you might regret it) but I am probably your best friend as I give excellent advice and tell it like it is! I'm opinionated but I think thats a good thing! I also talk too much!

I love music (especially Mika, but you probably guessed that since I'm here!) and live gigs but unfortunately was bit too young to see Freddie! My teenage years were the 90's where Jarvis Cocker was cool and Ayia Napa was cooler than Ibiza!. My friends also say that I am a gay man trapped in a girls body when referring to my musical taste!

I spend far too much of time on myspace and here and my boyfriend is getting very worried about my Mika obsession (as it's only February and I have seen him three times already this year and when my laptop died for three days I almost cried!).

I think thats probably about it. My life really doesn't sound that exciting after all you guy's but I like it! (i also use brackets too much!)

I really am a nice person and not a complete nutter (but some may disagree!)

Love Jemmalee x :bleh:

Is laser eye surgery bad? , I was going to go next month for it??

don't really know that much about it but having watched a tv programme about the eye last week, i wouldnt want to have any kind of operation on my eyes! as long as you get good aftercare, it's probably ok

I'm Leanne, 23 this month (wahey) and I live in Northumberland. I'm mad into music (Ronan Keating, Take That, Mika and loads more) which I love both singing and dancing to.

Bit personal here so here goes I have Tourettes Syndrome but it doesn't cause me to swear uncontrollably as that's a misconception but it doesn't mean I don't swear :P. I was also bullied at school which partially made me leave school before my GCSE's.

I consider myself to be a caring, considerate, polite person. I also lack confidence and I'm shy but I'm going to sort that out :D

I'm currently looking for a job in something like retail.

Mika rocks my socks and I've seen his session on BBC interactive many times in the past few days I think I've become obsessed :naughty: