Getting To Know You

FREDDIESDOUBLE

Freddiesdouble, this is an awesome thread you've started and I guess it's about time I introduced myself properly too!

My name is Sarah and I'm a Mikaholic!!! :roftl:

I am 30 and I am Sunny Monkey's love slave :wink2::wub2:

On paper I am a microbiologist working in the laboratories of a pharmaceutical company but in my dreams I am aspiring to be a writer.

People keep asking me where the name guinchogirl comes from, well, Guincho is a beach on the central west coast of Portugal not far from Cascais, where my family originates from. Guincho is one of my favourite places to be, it's beautiful, rugged and breath-taking and I spent soooo much time there growing up that my sister nick-named me the Guincho girl and it kinda stuck.

I love food - cooking it, eating it, reading about it and writing about it on my food blog.

I love Vampires and penguins and Japanese art.

I can't live without books, music and cinema and my taste in all three is vast.

And finally, I'm developing a fairly unhealthy obsession with the internet!!!! :blink:

I'm Leanne, 23 this month

Bit personal here so here goes I have Tourettes Syndrome but it doesn't cause me to swear uncontrollably as that's a misconception but it doesn't mean I don't swear :P. I was also bullied at school which partially made me leave school before my GCSE's.

Thats really really sad , there are so many nice people in this world , its just a matter of finding them , I was also bullied at school , looking back now it made me so strong that I decided to push back on life and in a way its kind of made me a success .Really nice to have you here , amongst friends :thumb_yello:

:mf_lustslow::wub2::mf_lustslow::wub2:

Aww..Here are verrrrry nice people, lea_uk!:wink2: I hate bullies! Got bullied in basic school too. They called me anorexic, although I REALLY just didn't weight as much as others:sneaky2: Although high school isn't better also. Some peple here are just looking at me like I'm some kind of silent weirdo.:blink: But hey, their loss! Haha!:bleh:

Well, I thought I'd join in before going to divulge my dinner (hmm .. not quite sure what it is either :confused: )

Anyways, incase you hadn't guessed I'm Faye, 30 years old from the Lancashire/Yorkshire border ... lets just say that the "war of the roses" has never died :wink2:

I'm music mad and totally love my concerts ever since seeing Chesney Hawkes at 14!! I actually still follow him and have met him a few times at his gigs over the past 3 years. My music taste ranged from Kenny G to Marilyn Manson (much to my friends amusement half the time). I've lost count at the amount of concerts/gigs I've been to over the years too. Have had so many memorable ones, but also some dire ones too that I wish I'd saved my money on. The most surprising were Five and Britney Spears ... went to both out of curiosity and totally loved their shows. I was also lucky enough to see Tina Turner on her last weekend here in the UK, totally blown away by her.

I work in a reletively boring job working for a local holiday firm. Basically I process online bookings for independant cottage owners who advertise on our website (which is a s**t site so won't be promoting on here LOL).

Think that's all for now :)

Okay :) I'm Jessica Esa-16 and I live in Swansea/Wales :)

I'm half welsh and half egyptian although you would never guess by looking at me.

I've always lived in Wales and have only been abroad twice once to Egypt and once to England which I know is hardly travelling but I hope to go to loads of places one day.

I have five half brothers and three half sisters and we all live together apart from two of my sisters who live in Egypt who I've never seen. The ones who I live with are all much younger and have managed to put me off kids for life though of course I do love them :)

I also hope to be a novelist one day I usually write short stories,songs and poetry .

Hmmm.. I'm doing my AS levels at school(Psychology,English lit and Classic civilizations) which I am really enjoying.

I'm mostly in to classic rock music like Bon Jovi and Aerosmith but I like a load of other bands too like The Fratellis,The Killers,The Feeling and Evanescence and of course I love Mika now too :)

My fave movie is Labyrinth and I've grown up with Harry Potter so they will always be my favourite books although I'm a wide reader and I love anything by Shakespere.

Wow I've rambled on a bit :) well that's me

Alright since I seem to be stuck here, I might as well introduce myself :eek:

Hi, I'm Kata, 28 year old geek from Copenhagen. Since I am a geek, I spend most of my time doing geeky things, but I rarely get paid for that, so I also make pizzas :yay: I am divorced and have a 6 year old daughter. Dunno what else I should tell really, I love to read what everyone else writes in threads like this one, but I don't really know how much personal stuff I like to put into one post myself :shocked: This does seem like a very friendly forum though :wub2: I think the reason why I don't jump right into conversations here is that I feel I'm from a different planet or something :doh: You all talk about meeting eachother for concerts and such, I have to import a friend from The Netherlands to get anyone to go with me to te concert in Copenhagen :shocked: It might help a bit when the album will finally be released here in March :blink:

Hi I am Louise and I am 33 years old. I live in Woking, Surrey and have 2 boys, George (7 1/2) and Henry (6). I am divorced but have been going out with a really nice guy for the last 9 1/2 weeks so fingers crossed and watch this space!

I work as a playground supervisor in our local school and have the pleasure of controlling 160 (ish) little treasures for the hour at lunchtime, it is a very rewarding job but the conversation can be a little bit bizarre - very few MIKA fans here but then they are all 4 to 11years:mfr_lol:

As well as working at the school I am an Assistant Beaver Leader for our local scout group as is my gorgeous new bloke - contrary to popular belief we are not all geeks!

Anyway I first came across Mika on the radio and started looking up everything on the internet I could about him and then I was lucky enough to get a couple of guest passes from T-Mobile Street Gigs to his Berkeley Square gig and took Stuart (my bloke) along and he too is now hooked on the wonderful Mika - bought him the album for Valentines Day so he is now eternally grateful to me :mf_lustslow:

I think thats enough about me - great to read all about everyone else here it makes me really feel part of one great big happy family!

I think we are a great big happy family(where everbody's surname is Mikamaniac:naughty: )

lol ! that's true !! and being all mikamaniac makes us a very interesting family by the way !!!

What's funny is that we all have very different profiles ( we aren't the same age, we're not from the same country, we don't have the same job and the same level-class status and we don't listen to the same music !! ) and however we are linked by a common love for mika's music !! Quite weird... :blush-anim-cl:

lol ! that's true !! and being all mikamaniac makes us a very interesting family by the way !!!

What's funny is that we all have very different profiles ( we aren't the same age, we're not from the same country, we don't have the same job and the same level-class status and we don't listen to the same music !! ) and however we are linked by a common love for mika's music !! Quite weird... :blush-anim-cl:

I know, we are all quite different, the personalities and the age, but you know....it's MIKA MAGIC:wink2:

Alrighty then...

To follow my short introduction; I'm Tessy, most people call me Tess (it's short for Theresa, nobody calls me Theresa except my nan). I'm 23 and live in the South of the Netherlands (Breda).

I studied Tourism and after that I've worked and lived in the south of France for nearly 4 years where I worked as a dancer on shows for tourists.

Currently, I study English and Spanish for interpreters but am not sure if I will finish it...having some minor trouble with the Spanish grammar rules! I am single.

I am crazy obsessed by music, theater and movies. Ever since I was a mini Tess, I used my dads stereo and records (vinyl that is) mostly Abba and Queen to dance to. I enjoy pretty much every kind of music apart from hardcore and R&B. Am a massive Take That fan, seen them in London last year, and met them a few times in the Netherlands they are so cool. :mf_lustslow: it was through the Take That fans that I heard of Mika. He is rumoured to support their tour so I searched for his music.

I also enjoy lots of French artists, Garou, Francis Cabrel, Michel Sardou and Jaques Brel. Scissor Sisters, Bon Jovi, The Beatles, BeeGees, Il Divo, George Michael, Björk, Massive Attack..the list is pretty much endless!

Love movies with Alan Rickman in them in particular. And of course musicals, I did some semi professional shows and love the music.

I have a small obsession with England, or actually, Britain. My best friend lives in London, I visit her as often as I can, love that country!

Erm...(it's getting quit a story..sorry) I enjoy cooking (vegetarian though, don't eat meat..), reading (Harry Potter, John Irving, Mike Gayle, Jane Austen) travelling, medidation, painting and drawing and hanging out with my friends and fellow Take That fans.

Wow...perhaps it was a bit too much info...lol

oh yeah: and I luuuuuurrrrve Mika and his music!!!!

I'm not a newbie but I havn't never posted here yet.

I'm Andrea, although my family call me Andi (and other names sometimes but we won't go there hehe) I'm 34, and married with two beautiful children. My son is 11 and my daugher is 6. (they are my pride and joy:wub2: )

I currently work for the local authority . Well, it pays some of the bills! I started as a nursery nurse, but now I work in family support. Interesting job, but I like to get home too. I only work part time, lucky me.

I would really like to be a florist!

I love music and my taste varies on a daily basis. Depends on the mood I'm in as to what I listen to. Can be pop one minute and then a bit of rock the next with some Kate Bush thrown in for good measure. Not keen on rap though, although odd songs are ok.

I like to read but don't do it as much as I should.... well I'm always here! I like autobiographys, because I'm nosey:blush-anim-cl:

I love films too. wizard of oz, dirty dancing, rocky horror. ... you get the picture.

Don't know what else to tell you so I'll leave it at that.

lv, andi xxx