Is lollipop girl a bore or a whore?

Mika Mad

In the booklet with the CD the lyrics are given as

"She's a player and a downright bore"

but I'm sure that Mika sings

"She's a player and a downright whore"

Do you think that it's a mistake or is it deliberate?

-it certainly makes it easier for me to explain the words to my young daughter!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the CD it is definately 'bore', but the first time I sang along to it my mind slipped up and 'whore' came out :shocked: . Quite clever - keeps it clean for the kids (please tell me that 10 year olds don't know what a 'player' is!), but anyone old enough to know is going to hear something else :wink2:. To be quite honest I think overt profanity in music shows a lack of imagination...

the lyric is most def WHORE.

c'mon, the song is totally full of double sexual entendres.. and if she's a "player", would it make sense for her to be "bore"?? nope, a girl who's a player would more likely be a whore..

secondly, i think just a little bit later he sings about "bad girls get you down" bad girls... more likely goin with whore than bore, don't ya think ;)

however, i totally think in certain situations he would change it to bore, just to make it a little more kid friendly.. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I think that was on the maida vale session going back a few weeks ago. it was on BBBCi 4 a week but since its gone iv not seen it anywhere else, it was very good. im some1 here will have a link 2 it. xxx