Is lollipop girl a bore or a whore?

Mika Mad

I think it is in the word and it can be both,

I'm sure Mika has great fun changing lyrics and compositions in his live sessions as the mood takes him, on you tube you see so manty different live sessions of the same song, but is it the same?

He once said that this is the reason why he loves touring 'cause you can change things, even words...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I said this on another thread, think is both on the cd, one in the background(whore) and he sings what he feels like live. I think he does this alot and this is why we have such a mare deciding upon lyrics:thumb_yello:

It sounds like he's saying Bore..and when i pull up the lyrics on the internet some places have it down as whore some have it down as bore. There is one place where he did the song and you can clearly hear that he said "whore" I guess it depends on his mood...He said he likes singing live because he can change the songs up a bit...he cant do that when its on the album.

On the album it's really "bore", plus the North American album cover clearly states "bore".

However, on his live performances of lollipop posted on youtube, he says "whore" and does this naughty face... and he even changes "jesus loves her but she wants more" for "she's a sl*t and..."... he's really playful... but i doubt he'd do it in an American concert, he's too family-friendly!

On the CD and in the booklet it's definately bore but when he's doing a live show he says whore. I went to the Manchester Academy gig and he said whore then. If you wanna check it out the download link is below. Its only short, its the bit where he says she's a player and a downright whore. I love it though cos he always grins after he says it...:wub2:

http://rapidshare.com/files/19537230/Mika_-_Lollipop__Whore_.mp4.html

p.s. you must have quick time player to view the vid.

On the album it's really "bore", plus the North American album cover clearly states "bore".

However, on his live performances of lollipop posted on youtube, he says "whore" and does this naughty face... and he even changes "jesus loves her but she wants more" for "she's a sl*t and..."... he's really playful... but i doubt he'd do it in an American concert, he's too family-friendly!

I bet he would do it in Montréal though !!! :bleh:

Its defonatly whore 'cos it says on the internet and if you go on youtube and get the words up when you listen to him singing live he/it says whore. Hm, i'm 11 and a i know what whores and pllayers are...perhaps i shoulden't though:boxed:

yes ive seen 2 live performances and its whore.... but of course the comment someone made about record execss stepping in and making it not have parental advisory sticker on it is so true!

on the cd its bore but live performances its whore!

Yep - he def sings 'whore' live (Manchester!) but 'bore'on the cd

Yep, cd is clearly bore and live it's whore - though my mind still makes it whore no matter what version I listen to lol I have to be listening for the words to realize its bore. And i always sing whore anyway *shrug*

• 1 month later...
The first time I heard it I thought it was "whore" but after many listens I am sure that he is saying "bore."

agreed:biggrin2:

I actually had to listen very carefully cause I really thought it was whore, and that they were just censoring again lol

Yeah, on the CD its most definately 'bore' but my mum and i always said that he meant it to be whore but didnt want the record to be 'parental advisory' or something like that!!

On the live clips i've seen of him, and when my mum saw him live he sang 'whore' - and seemed to enjoy changing the lyrics if you know what i mean.

I think he does the same in 'love today' has anyone noticed? Its changed from 'little tyke likes to tease for fun' to 'little tart likes to tease for fun' I could be wrong though :blink:

Im getting confused also because on the cd it does say bore but im sure there are other lyrics on there that are wrong too!

but what confuses me is on the recorded shows he thrusts his hips as if he is surly saying whore!!!