2007 - Mika on the cover of Gay&Night

Sprk

OK so you guys seriously think he's straight? What do you think the song Lollipop is about?!

I first read about him in Gaytimes (a UK magazine that I got here in Australia) and I love him!!! such a huge variety of music on the album. Love it.

ooooooh i know this one!!

Lollipop is a message to his sister to not have sex that soon

duh. XDD

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally got around to reading this interview. Very nicely done I have to say!

Too bad the issue is from March though, I'd have picked up a copy of it otherwise. Hmmz.

Haha! I usually don't like swearing, but in the context of the story, his response was hilarious! I get frustrated at people mispronouncing my name too. It's Rani, which is pronounced Rah-nee. People always think it's pronounced Rainy or Ranny. It always gets mispelled too. Oh well, I like my name and I'm sticking to it!

I can't believe I just now got around to reading this PDF file...

But it was great! Thanks for posting! I hope that he does come to Dollywood one day...I go there pretty much every year and it would be awesome if he came and performed there or something...

• 7 months later...

i don't think there's anything wrong with swearing just not so openly or in public.. definitely not on a magazine cover.. i'm actually slightly disappointed.. i shouldn't expect him to be perfect because he's only human.. it sucks that fans tend to expect that from the artists they like.. but i don't noe i just felt slightly disappointed..

i don't think there's anything wrong with swearing just not so openly or in public.. definitely not on a magazine cover.. i'm actually slightly disappointed.. i shouldn't expect him to be perfect because he's only human.. it sucks that fans tend to expect that from the artists they like.. but i don't noe i just felt slightly disappointed..

Well, he didn't swear purposefully in order to get that particular quote on the magazine cover. He answered a question whilst swearing (which he sometimes does), and it was up to the magazine whether on not to put it on show. I don't really see a problem with it.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, we finally sent the magazine off to the printer. Here's the cover. I might post a PDF of the full article online later. We're a bi-lingual magazine (Dutch/English) so you'll be able to read it :)

Martijn.

GN108.jpg

I suppose he gets cheesed off about people mispronouncing his name. I understand. I get called Marion, Marlene, Madaline, and it annoys me because everyone in the world can say MARILYN MONROE correctly, and I was named after her, but my name gets mispronounced all the time!!

Love today, from Marilyn

It's ok, we're not in America. You can say '****' here. Christ.

well, as depressing and sad as it is this place is like America sometimes... i got 2 profile infractions for saying the word **** and i will probably get another after this post...which is pure nonsense since articles where The Lord himself says ****...are posted here, if mika would come around he would probably be one of the person i could compare my profile infraction with... as I said, pure nonsense...

wow, it makes me curious about the article anyway...

I for one am not into swearing, to me when I hear filthy language come out of someones mouth it just brings that person down...

I mean everyones allowed the occasional outburst, but to print it on a magazine's front cover just to get people to buy it...I dunno:( pity

I mean everyones allowed the occasional outburst, but to print it on a magazine's front cover just to get people to buy it...I dunno:( pity

The f-word is not a big deal here.. so putting it on the cover a magazine isn't controversial or a way to get people to buy the magazine..

In our little country of weed, windmills, clogs, and bikes, it's pretty common the f-word is used in magazines, tv, radio etc. We don't make a big deal out of it and seriously, to me it isn't a big deal. But whhhyyy are we digging up old threads?:blink:

lol you'r all so cute ^^ . "the f word", "did he REALLY say ****" :naughty: .

that reminded me of The Hives first radio interview in the U.S.

They had totally forgot about that words like ****, **** and stuff were replaced with a beep, so they just went on and on talking like they always had done in sweden and europe.

the interviewer was stunned about all the swearing, and afterwords he had a little chat with the band .. they were like OOPS, since half the interview had been "beeped" ^^ .

not much to do with Mika though .. :naughty:

I know this is an old thread:naughty: but I find the topic really interesting (swearing)

I find it annoying that so many places are so accostumed to it that its like a "normal" thing to do.(Ireland included)

Am I the only one who just doesn't agree with it?!?! I find it pointless, and just downright annoying half the time.

It's sad that its such a big part of many peoples vocabulary...

anyway whatever, I shouldn't create a big debate...

sorry...:(

I know this is an old thread:naughty: but I find the topic really interesting (swearing)

I find it annoying that so many places are so accostumed to it that its like a "normal" thing to do.(Ireland included)

Am I the only one who just doesn't agree with it?!?! I find it pointless, and just downright annoying half the time.

It's sad that its such a big part of many peoples vocabulary...

anyway whatever, I shouldn't create a big debate...

sorry...:(

I personally find it annoying that people get so easily offended, it's just words :wink2: Guess it's just different ways of thinking :mf_rosetinted: