2007 - Mika on the cover of Gay&Night

Sprk

Well, we finally sent the magazine off to the printer. Here's the cover. I might post a PDF of the full article online later. We're a bi-lingual magazine (Dutch/English) so you'll be able to read it :)

Martijn.

GN108.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But did he say it?

Is it a real quote?

I do hope not!

Of course he said it. Otherwise we wouldn't put it on the cover as a quote.

Here's the context:

Why did you change your name from Mica to Mika?

Because everyone was calling me ‘Maika’, or ‘Mischa’. So I was saying ‘noooo,

my name’s ####ing Mika!’.

loll i just love. Way to go:thumb_yello:

my mane is f**ked up all the time to... maybe i should answer like that too :wink2:

Hey same here but with my surname it's Esa and is frequently pronounced Essa rather than Eesa.It's gets so annoying ecspecially when it's people you've told before...:mad:

So I don't blame him.

My mates called Mika. She had the same problem with people called her Maika or micca in the register. She like has to shout out "It's Mika miss!". I have the same problem with people calling me Katie e.g

Conversation with my R.E teacher at the start of the year

Teacher: What's your name

Me: Kitty

Teacher: Ok Katie

M: No, Kitty

T: i said that the first time. Now, Katie can you site over there.....

And so on......

Well my actual name is Jaana and no one ever knows how to write it. They always wanna write it with one "a".(One teacher asked if ther's "o" in the end, but then it'd be a boys name:sneaky2: I guess this would be horrible to hear how people would pronounce it it foreign countries:blink:

Well, we finally sent the magazine off to the printer. Here's the cover. I might post a PDF of the full article online later. We're a bi-lingual magazine (Dutch/English) so you'll be able to read it :)

Martijn.

GN108.jpg

Thanks sooo much for this, the snippet you posted a few weeks ago was such a tease! I can't wait to read the full article! :roftl:

Well my name's Maria, it's a pretty easy name to remember in my option but my old english teacher always called me Mari, Marina or Maarja. And I was her favourite student(She told me so). So you could atleast remember your favourite students name. But well she was a strange teacher.

I must be slow. I never noticed the F word until it was mentioned in the next post. I was so taken with Mikas very beautiful face:blush-anim-cl:

I don't mind swearing by anyone. unless it's aimed at someone..... then it's not nice.

Anyway, back to the mag. Looking forward to reading the article. Did you interview him yourself?

lv, andi xxx

Well my actual name is Jaana and no one ever knows how to write it. They always wanna write it with one "a".(One teacher asked if ther's "o" in the end, but then it'd be a boys name:sneaky2: I guess this would be horrible to hear how people would pronounce it it foreign countries:blink:

I know how you feel.

No one can write my last name, it's Polish and only 5 letters long... can't be that hard. Some people can't write my 1st name either which is just obvious- ROSEMARY. I've had Rosmary, Rose-marie and I think my maths teacher called me Ro-mery once. Aargh...

Ps- My last name isn't actually Polish- I'm not Rosemary Polish it's an actually polish name if you see what I mean

Hey, great interview! And thanks for putting up for free for us all to read!

It's curious how he talks about the person and artist as almost being 2 different people - he seems to have his life clearly partitioned into 2 separate domains. I'm not sure how that really works as a singer-songwriter, especially with Mika, where his character appears to be imprinted in every bar of the music; perhaps it does if you don't court publicity through your private life, and let your performances do the talking.

I'm also thrilled to hear he has negotiated a deal that gives him artistic freedom - so hopefully we will see many more great and original songs come from him.

...Names, names...my names is easy -Amalia- but no one calls me in this way!

Why?

Who makes a mistake calls me "Amelia" (how I hate them!), that is another name,

Who wants to be faster (?!) calls me "Lia", "Amy"...

...And, last but not least(oh God...) my father calls me "Marietta", like people call his mother....

...At this point, I'm unhopeful ...:boxed: