help!!!!

Steph

I think this is going to be a challenging week:

Radio 1 is determined to push Kaiser Ciefs to number 1, they are getting a lot of airtime and other mentions

Last week helped with the Radio 2 30 minute red button feature which was a super boost

It's a shame there seem to be no pre-show interviews and with few chat show hosts....

Hope he is clever enough to pull it off somehow and through his live shows get enough mentions to stay on top...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

doubt it, although it would be an obvious choice...

I think it's odd that there has been no mention whatsoever in the past few days of his first official (brief) uk tour. Someone surely could lst it amongst the gigs coming up, maybe on 'freshly sqeezed, c4' where he gave a brilliant performance before, or on Jo Whiley,R1,

So I think ,unless something happens in the next few days, and depending on who went to the koko and chats about it on air afterwards, he will be squeezed out by the power of R1 DJs

Hope it does NOT happen!!!!!!!!

Ruby was played non-stop during the whole week when Cris M. pushed it on air, it was the week before last, when R1 promoted the Kaiser Chiefs at Doncaster, followed up with the gig shown on the bbc red button option, at the same time as Mika's R2 session.

I think that presenters like Chris M don't understand the album and see it just as hyped pop . Sadly he and others have a lot of influence....

Can you really say that Mika HASN'T been over-hyped???? I mean, it's all getting a bit boring now.

Who cares if he's number one again??? Being number one these days doesn't really mean anything.

You all seem to fail to see that the music business is basically a very sad marketing tool, used to raise someone's profile, make a lot of money out of it, then when they get bored drop them quicker than they emerged....Sad, but true.

I agree , very much so, but that is exactly my point, in this country particularly, they get you to the top just to knock you off, not just in music, but in sports or most things, you have touched on a much wider issue.

But I was actually talking in particular about the influence some DJs and their particular tastes/egos have on the listening people....

Actually, Mika said more than once that he wants to build up a career ( if he is aloud to ..)

At some point, Grace Kelly will be knocked off the No1 position, but then that will give Mika time to concentrate on bringing out Love Today and do all the promotion that comes with it, and we can concentrate on getting that to No1.

It is a sad fact that constant promotion has to be done if any artist is to keep on top or anywhere near it, but that, unfortunately is the nature of the beast, is is after all a business. If there was any other way that Mika,or any artist could get attention without all the rigmarole of constant interviews and PAs, just doing gigs and making music instead, I sure they would be doing it.

I'm listening to them now, I feel so... disloyal :blink: *goes and puts Mika on*

Anyway... as people have said it'll have to happen sometime (in fact I think it already has... not sure?) and it's a shame but he's done brilliantly and here's to more number ones in the future :D

I'm not so happy tho about the fact I think he's been knocked off the album charts by Back to Black. I detest Amy Winehouse :thumbdown: (maybe that's a bit strong...)

Not a big Amy Winehouse fan either, ever since she was up against Dido in the Brits a few years back. Dido won (deservedly so in my opinion), but didn't Winehouse go on about it afterwards, the fact that she was robbed and that Dido had a monotonous voice (pot calling kettle) and she didn't deserve it. Since then I've not had a lot of time for her, in my view Lily Allen was robbed this year, much better personality and much more talented. Sorry rant over.:mad3:

I would have much rather Take That or James Morrison be the ones to take the No1 position in the album charts than her (obviously I would prefer Mika to stay there longer, but the album chart is always fluctuating, and he might even go back up, it's happened before to Snow Patrol), but because of the Brits unfortunately we'll just have to put up with Ms Winehouse.:annoyed_h4h:

It is hard to climb back up to a number 1 spot and I think the album deserves to be there for longer.

The trouble is that most people have not understood the concept and the messages he has tried to get across on his album (though he did try in some of his interviews)

Because Mika chose to use cartoon imaginary and fun elements people only see it as colourful pop music, here today, gone tomorrow, I have a feeling that the market is just not ready for a debut album like his where each song has a deeper meaning and where it comes to a full circle at the end of the album.

i bet the album will be pulled out again in a few years time by the critics and it will then be celebrated for its true greatness and brave attempt to adress modern issues.

Most albums these days only have one or at best, two hits on them and the rest fillers.

Mika has a better chance of more than the average number of songs capable of being released as singles from his album, every single release being another boost to album sales.

Let's face it, a good many of us have been listening to and loving Grace Kelly since at least last summer - something of a long life for any pop song. A change won't harm and I'm looking forward to the next promo video.

CW.